IN IN - Diamond Bynum, 21, & King Walker, 2, Gary, 25 July 2015

For quite some time Diamond's father was really trying to get help. I recall seeing searches - by the public and/or a local church being organized on weekends. It was all on one of the "Help Find..." FB pages. This haunts me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This story is so unique. Usually there is so much hate and anger towards the person that took the child, but its their sister, their daughter, his aunt - who struggles. Now that it's over a year thats been gone, what are everyone's opinions on this case?

IMO Diamond and King were abducted. I'd go with possibly accidental drowning but then I can't help but think that one surely would have been recovered? Maybe someone not realizing Diamond was as vulnerable as she is....looking at trafficking? King got in the way? Or they wanted King and sweet Diamond got in the way? I just think it started out innocently. ...Diamond took her nephew out to play. And then they were gone.

On the accident theme, 2-year old Ben Needham, a British boy, disappeared about 20 years ago on the Greek island of Kos. He's never been found, and for all these years his poor family have not known what happened to him. The current theory is that there was some kind of accident with a digger excavator and the body was covered up to hide the accident.

Could something along those lines have happened to Diamond and King? Could they have fallen somewhere that's since been covered up? A sewer or a building site or something?

Possible but I think that Diamond was taken advantage of in some way due to her vulnerability. King and Diamond might not even be together any longer :(

Possible but I think that Diamond was taken advantage of in some way due to her vulnerability. King and Diamond might not even be together any longer :(
My fear as well.

kpetrova_x asked what everyone's opinions were on this case. I admit I'm just stumped . I'm just thankful people on here are keeping this case on the forefront. Gary, IN seems like such a a rough place and I wouldn't be surprised to find that this was an accident, crime of some sort, or kidnapping. I don't feel we have enough info at this point to rule out anything.

Right, and I think there's a natural tendency to attribute a mysterious disappearance to foul play. But, why would someone kidnap a young woman with a toddler? I've read on other threads that it's extremely rare for a predator to kidnap more than one person at a time, and in the rare event it does happen the victims are close in age. Certainly, a human trafficker wouldn't want a toddler in tow, and a child predator would only be interested in King so might have to fight Diamond to get him. In the latter case, though, where is Diamond? The predator would simply flee with the child and not concern himself with Diamond, no matter what condition she was in.

IMO, applying Occam's Razor in the case, I would assume that Diamond and King were victims of an accident rather than foul play. IIRC, abandoned buildings were searched. What about construction sites? The only other likely method of concealment in an urban environment, that I can think of, would be a body of water. There have been other cases where this occurred (due to an accident) and the body discovered a year or more later. I hope LE and independent search groups are still searching. The family deserves answers.

Regarding the part I've bolded. If someone vaguely knew Diamond and King, they'd know that it would probably be as easy to lure her with candy as it would be for a 2-year old, and she'd probably have some level of trust in someone who she'd seen around and maybe someone in her family says 'hello' to when they see them. It could just be some really small thing like someone who packs the family's bags in the supermarket.

It is still doubtful. I think in this scenario Diamond would more likely have been taken alone, but she's probably like a big sister to King and if it was a case of luring, then she might say "King's coming too, I can't leave him here". So King would get in a car with Diamond without making fuss because he trusts her.

In this scenario, we have to remember that Diamond has a different mental age from her physical age, and there's often a naivety that comes with that, and it puts her a lot closer to King's physical age.

Reasons for this scenario? Maybe two late teens/early 20s, high on drugs maybe, looking for some cruel thrill to have some vile 'fun' with someone with a low mental age but the body of a grown woman. King would be like an afterthought, put him in another room with some candy to keep him quiet, but when the 'fun' has been had and they come down from the drugs, there's a situation to 'clean up', by which I mean Diamond and King, who now can't go back home.

Maybe this is a silly post and pointless conjecture. But if someone is responsible for their disappearance, then I want to see closure for the family and justice for whoever hurt two innocent beautiful people. And it's such a sick feeling that there's no answers after such a long time.

Amonet~not a silly post at all. What you described could just as easily happened as many other theories. Like I said, I really haven't ruled out anything in my own mind. I can only pray that whatever happened to them, they didn't suffer--hoping that it truly was an accident, I guess.

Regarding the part I've bolded. If someone vaguely knew Diamond and King, they'd know that it would probably be as easy to lure her with candy as it would be for a 2-year old, and she'd probably have some level of trust in someone who she'd seen around and maybe someone in her family says 'hello' to when they see them. It could just be some really small thing like someone who packs the family's bags in the supermarket.

It is still doubtful. I think in this scenario Diamond would more likely have been taken alone, but she's probably like a big sister to King and if it was a case of luring, then she might say "King's coming too, I can't leave him here". So King would get in a car with Diamond without making fuss because he trusts her.

In this scenario, we have to remember that Diamond has a different mental age from her physical age, and there's often a naivety that comes with that, and it puts her a lot closer to King's physical age.

Reasons for this scenario? Maybe two late teens/early 20s, high on drugs maybe, looking for some cruel thrill to have some vile 'fun' with someone with a low mental age but the body of a grown woman. King would be like an afterthought, put him in another room with some candy to keep him quiet, but when the 'fun' has been had and they come down from the drugs, there's a situation to 'clean up', by which I mean Diamond and King, who now can't go back home.

Maybe this is a silly post and pointless conjecture. But if someone is responsible for their disappearance, then I want to see closure for the family and justice for whoever hurt two innocent beautiful people. And it's such a sick feeling that there's no answers after such a long time.

:goodpost:
Hoping this will all be over for the families soon.

Still no news?! This is insane!
I cannot wrap my head around how Diamond and King can just vanish, never to be seen again. Someone had to have seen something. Even if it is a minor detail, that may be the clue they need to find them.
Where are you Diamond & King?

Bump [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump [emoji22]

Thank you for bumping the thread! This case is truly strange. How in the world do 2 people go missing together? I hope LE has an idea of what happened and that is why they have been so quiet.

I think about these two each day. It breaks my heart that there are no answers. I just don't understand!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What do LE think happened? Have they said anything? I would think there would be more panic being there is a baby and a mentally challenged young lady. I wish the family has a P.I or maybe they do?

I know we are a victim friendly site and the family is victims. I also really feel they don't have anything to do with this. Just my gut. They want the help, they have asked for the FBI to step in. I wish someone could step up and offer real help. Does no one care??! How do we as a group bring Diamond and King to everyone's mind?!

I cannot imagine what King's Mom is going through. I mean, when your child goes missing, usually you have this hate for the person who took them and you just want them found so justice can be served but this just such a strange scenario where it's both your family members and you know Diamond meant well, does that make sense?.. Just double tragedy for her and the rest of the family :(

Closing in on 2 years and would have thought this would have been solved almost immediately.

Bumpimg for Diamond and King. I feel somebody knows something.

King's mother posted on the missing FB page that today is King's birthday. He would be 4. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back