Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 20s20 seconds ago
Ross: You cannot convict Douglas #Garland because you "think" the is guilty--only if satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 23s23 seconds ago
"You cannot convict Mr. Douglas #Garland because you think he's responsible for these offences," or that he probably did them.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 26s26 seconds ago
Ross wrapping up his closing argument "You cannot convict Mr. Douglas #Garland because you think he was responsible for these offences.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 31s31 seconds ago
The Crown has not proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Douglas #Garland committed the murders.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 42s42 seconds ago
Ross: You have to remove any sympathy or prejudice for any of the participants in the process - victims and accused. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 27s28 seconds ago
Ross says jurors cannot simply convict #Garland because he sits in the prisoner box. #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 35s36 seconds ago
Closing arguments done. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 44s45 seconds ago
Ross tells jury they cannot convict #Garland because they think he committed or that he probably did. Only if it's beyond reasonable doubt

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 51s52 seconds ago
Ross has finished. Jury is being dismissed for five minutes. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
"They cannot forensically, or scientifically put Douglas Garland in that address," says Ross. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 2m2 minutes ago
Ross: You can't convict #Garland because he sits in that box

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 45s45 seconds ago
Defence lawyer Kim Ross has completed his final arguments. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 50s50 seconds ago
Ross is done. Jury has been dismissed. They'll return tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. for instructions before they are sequestered. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Ross wraps up argument #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
closing arguments have ended. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Ross closes submissions by telling jurors they can't convict #Garland on suspicions.

So lets talk about the big elephant in the room ... who killed them and how long has DG been working as a Mafia Cleanup man?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates asks jurors to exit courtroom for a few minutes while he discusses next step with lawyers. #Garland

I was just keeping those bodies for friend

:trainwreck:

I know it's really unlikely, but I am terrified of a not guilty verdict.

There were no bodies in that green truck that may or may not be my client's, that he may or may not have been driving. And that's a fact.

Umm....no, there were three severely injured people. We don't usually refer to live persons as "bodies". Nice play on words though.

MOO

I think it was a weak closing for the Defence. They're just throwing stuff out there in the hopes they can put a wedge between a couple of jurors and the rest. Not much else they can do really.

I'm not buying what he's selling and I don't think a single juror will buy it either.

The Evidence presented has been gruesome, unfortunately logical as logical as this can be. Evidence was overwhelming and compelling.

Even with tweets I can't help but find DG guilty of 1st degree three times over.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
Justice Gates is calling the jurors in #Garland trial back on Wednesday, not tomorrow, at which point they will begin deliberations. #yyc

#Garland case will now go to jurors on Wednesday. Original plan was to have them charged by Justice Gates on Tuesday.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Breaking: Jury in #Garland trial told to come back Wednesday morning to receive final instructions (not Tuesday)

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 2m2 minutes ago
Judge has decided to give jury a day off, will give his instructions on Wednesday. #Garland

Gates tells jury a couple of issues arose during final submissions that he has to deal with on Tuesday #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 2m2 minutes ago
Bc of legal matters, the #Garland jury will return Wednesday morning to hear their final instructions before deliberations begin @CTVCalgary

If this guy gets a not guilty verdict we really should be terrified of our justice system.

MOO

I think it was a weak closing for the Defence. They're just throwing stuff out there in the hopes they can put a wedge between a couple of jurors and the rest. Not much else they can do really.

I'm not buying what he's selling and I don't think a single juror will buy it either.

The Evidence presented has been gruesome, unfortunately logical as logical as this can be. Evidence was overwhelming and compelling.

Even with tweets I can't help but find DG guilty of 1st degree three times over.
It's the "throw some **** at the wall and hope some sticks" defense

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Not happening.
The defense basically admitted that those were the bodies on the farm. There is no other logical explanation. Common sense. Case closed.

:judge: :behindbar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members