MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, well, if he was concerned about dying in prison perhaps he shouldn't have become a serial rapist. If he's found guilty he should get no favors and should do the time.

I really hope he doesn't get a deal. A blind plea yes, but no deal.

What happened with the possible plea deal? NBC article doesn't mention it.

Plea deal would have to be tough.....admit to rape of each lady, verbal, public and wriiten apology, admit use of illegal drugs, lying, interferring with investigation, cover ups, a HUGE fine, wearing a monitor forever.....and since he planned to go back to work after this trial, guess he can do some sort of community service....and other plea deal suggestions?

Your suggestion is an ideal plea deal. I don't think he would agree to all because the trial is not about all women. Probably a hefty fine, maybe register as a sex offender, monitor (can't be forever).

Dec 14 2016, 2:18 pm ET

Prosecutor Accuses Bill Cosby of 'Lifetime of Sexual Assault'

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

A prosecutor accused Bill Cosby of a "lifetime of sexual assault on young women," while defense lawyers attacked the memories of his accusers at a key hearing that will decide who can testify at the comedian's trial this summer.

Prosecutors want to put 13 women on the stand to show a pattern of behavior by Cosby, who is charged with drugging and molesting Andrea Constand during an encounter at his Pennsylvania house in 2004.

Cosby denies any wrongdoing and his team argued that the women's claims are "ancient, remote, incredible, uncorroborated," dredged up by attorneys "who had the agenda of bringing down an American icon." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prosecutor-accuses-bill-cosby-lifetime-sexual-assault-n695961

Dec 30 2016, 12:23 pm ET

Cosby Wants Sexual Assault Trial Moved, Citing 'Monster' Headlines

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

Bill Cosby wants to move his sexual assault trial out of suburban Pennsylvania, arguing in court papers that "inflammatory" coverage of the case makes it impossible for him to find an impartial jury.

"Branded variously a monster, sociopath and sexual predator, everyone from the current District Attorney of Montgomery County to President Obama has publicly weighed in on the allegations against Mr. Cosby," his lawyers wrote in a Friday filing asking for a change of venue...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...-trial-moved-citing-monster-headlines-n701591

Because he'll be anonymous in some other part of the country?

Ken Catalino summed it up pretty well.
attachment.php

Attachments

• cosby.jpg
    cosby.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 170
Outside of what?

More delay tactics, I assume?

Since BC wasn't granted a change of venue in the case, I assume his defense team wants to bring jurors from another location. :moo: The delays are getting tiresome.

Since BC wasn't granted a change of venue in the case, I assume his defense team wants to bring jurors from another location. :moo: The delays are getting tiresome.
I expected delays but this is getting tedious

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Defense team is probably aware of the statute of limitations for each alleged occurrence & is planning to delay past all of them.

If Cosby is as aged & infirm as they claimed a few months ago, gee whiz how is he still around today???:waitasec:

I am grateful that Bill Cosby's true pathological nature was shown to the world and he was fully cognizant of this.

Proud of the courageous women who came forward to tell their experiences.

#ibelieveher

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I have a question I would like to ask. I don't mean to sound rude in anyway, I have just not followed a case of this nature before.
Many of us will remember our President with the woman....she had his DNA on her garment, sealing that case.
My question, since these changes stem from some time back, if they have no "evidence" I am trying to understand how they establish guilt .
I assume the prosecution establishing the character of the women involved is key.

Want to comment on his "fair jury" issue. I firmly believe there are people who can and will serve on a jury and be fair. I have had jury duty, listened to court instructions and took the task as seriously as possible.

I have a question I would like to ask. I don't mean to sound rude in anyway, I have just not followed a case of this nature before.
Many of us will remember our President with the woman....she had his DNA on her garment, sealing that case.
My question, since these changes stem from some time back, if they have no "evidence" I am trying to understand how they establish guilt .
I assume the prosecution establishing the character of the women involved is key.

Want to comment on his "fair jury" issue. I firmly believe there are people who can and will serve on a jury and be fair. I have had jury duty, listened to court instructions and took the task as seriously as possible.

All witness testimony from the stand is considered evidence the jury can weigh when coming to their determination. It isnt any different than the Priests cases or those like Sandusky's. There was no physical evidence in those cases either since they happened many years before the defendants were finally brought to trial. There was however powerful CE in each one along with victim/s testimony/ies.

It will be the same in this case. If forensic evidence or physical evidence was always required , which it isn't by law, then victims who have been murdered but never located would never receive justice since many DAs have no forensic or physical evidence to present. CE is just as weighty and more so in many cases.

I believe the jury will find all who testify against Cosby very credible just like they have in all of the other serial rapists and pedophile trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks