Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan KanyginVerified account ‏@CTVJKanygin 1m1 minute ago
"It was graphic, it was tough," Parker says about what jury had to go through. "Good on them for what they had to endure." #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Parker: jury heard graphic and complicated evidence-"they got a real roller coaster ride" and said they served their country well #garland

[video=twitter;832350047807221761]https://twitter.com/CTVJKanygin/status/832350047807221761[/video]

Hi everyone! Long time lurker finally took the plunge...

First degree - yassss!!!
May he never again see the light of day. Not an ounce of mercy, not even for an innocent and sweet little boy - absolute monster.

Welcome Katka!!

:wagon:

:tyou: Thank You to all our WSers who did the retweeting throughout this whole trial. We know it's a very tough job, and your dedication is so greatly appreciated.

:welcome: to all our new members. Thank you for being here with us to see justice done for this family.

To dear little Nathan, Kathy and Alvin
Rest in Peace
:rose::rose::rose:​

Calgary Police Verified account ‏@CalgaryPolice 55s56 seconds ago
Thank you #yyc for all the supportive messages during the #Garland trial & thanks to our members who worked tirelessly to bring closure.

[video=twitter;832350584585883648]https://twitter.com/news_ian/status/832350584585883648[/video]

Prosecutor Shane Parker is a very well spoken gentleman and should be commended for delivering this case so professionally and accurately. I didn't hear much of Vicki but they clearly worked together very well to have such an overwhelming view into what happened. CPS did exceptionally well in the investigation and the community help was outstanding. Very pleased with our public servants and as a Canadian, I can't thank them enough for their tireless work on bringing this creep to justice

Oh and while that was all happening, I got the call. Back to work for Jade (I called back after the verdict lol, priorities)!

[video=twitter;832353032717230080]https://twitter.com/NathanOLegacy/status/832353032717230080[/video]

R.I.P. Alvin, Kathy and sweet Nathan. :rose: :cry:

Cst. Mark SmithVerified account ‏@CstSmith 17m17 minutes ago

Thoughts and prayers are with the Liknes/O’Brien family for what has been an extremely emotional #Garland trial.

Oh and while that was all happening, I got the call. Back to work for Jade (I called back after the verdict lol, priorities)!

Congrats .... can you do tweets from work? :giggle:

I don't think I've ever been so emotional over a case. This one truly grasped my heart. I will never forget dear sweet Nathan and his family, ever.

Thank goodness justice was served and may Peace find it's way to all.

:rose:

Another former lurker here. Thank you to all of you for your tremendous efforts in keeping us updated on this case over the last couple of years. Great analytical skills! Thanks, JadeSleuth, for getting the live tweets out to us! Well done everyone!

Given the evidence, it was long. At least one person missed the forest for the trees to keep them out that long.

I would rather them look it over..then just say yup he is guilty..makes you know they seen everything and had no doubts !

I would rather them look it over..then just say yup he is guilty..makes you know they seen everything and had no doubts !

Overthinking can be as dangerous as underthinking. A decision isn't better because it takes a long time to make.

But they came to the right decision after a horrific trial so kudos to everyone including any juror who had to be talked round to the eventual verdict.

I don't think the jury took too long at all. They had a huge amount of evidence, and they wanted to be thorough and get it right. I think they were smart and thoughtful and did their job correctly and carefully. Zero criticism from me on their timeliness.

Is there a link to the video of the interview with the Crown??

I don't think the jury took too long at all. They had a huge amount of evidence, and they wanted to be thorough and get it right. I think they were smart and thoughtful and did their job correctly and carefully. Zero criticism from me on their timeliness.

I didn't say they took too long. And I'm not faulting the jury. They came to the right decision.

What I'm saying is that I'm surprised there was at least one person who needed that much time. It's hard to understand what a holdout would be thinking and how on earth that holdout (or those holdouts) got themselves so tied up in knots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288