Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lotta neck to stick out!
I hope you know Kung fu or self defence tactics! Lol [emoji23]

I always like the saying
"The only dumb questions are the questions that DON'T get asked!"

Same same but different :)

I was going to say that but I didn't want to sound to dumb

If anything. .it should be more of a reason NOT to do similar..
Clearly not the case though. Most serial killers were abused in one way or another as children. Mix of nature and (lack of) nurture creating the SK personality imo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/49825c96a158d0a1dac016c7a8bd0bea
71f6f5b92a269765919a990eb62348cc.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Dear God. .
He was in 2 (3 even for some) positions/occupations that children are taught to trust.
Probably chose the jobs for that reason
Disgusting. ..
Least these cases are finally getting some justice. Hopefully many,many more to come.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agree. I'm always surprised when people are shocked when priests, youth workers, school teachers, sports coaches, police, etc are caught for pedophilia. What other occupation would they have?

The article does go to show that he wasn't above the law and couldn't cover his tracks even though he worked in the child sex crimes department.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Civilians work in the Chem Centre lab, and Police Exhibits Unit. Police officers wouldn't have access without booking stuff out with a civilian public service clerk signing it out IMO

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

They indeed plant the evidence. It was proven in court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The alleged CSK BRE has been officially charged with wilfull murder (same as murder 1 in USA I think) now so the WAPOL case is now subjudice because the legal process has started so they can't publicise any evidence they do or don't have against him. Everything will come out in the trial. No one else has ever been charged in this case so the rules of the court haven't applied to any previous POIs. IMO this bagging of WAPOL and evidence released is trying to derail the thread not others who are discussing methods, locations, etc. That said you have the right to your opinions as do I and none of us deserve to be abused for them.

Sorry I couldn't find a quote when I wrote this but here's one I just found in PerthNow in an article about seizing the VS Commodore. I've put in quotation marks the relevant section and posted the link beneath.

"Police declined to comment on the car seizure yesterday.

A spokesman said: “As this matter is now before the courts and there remains an ongoing investigation, WA Police will not be making any further comment.

“We urge the media and public to also be respectful of the judicial process.”"

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...r/news-story/6c72e0b800816c7c17018525bcd68229

Further to there are no dumb questions, I've noticed on this site something flashing at the very top left hand of the screen (near logo), it's a little speaker which appears to indicated "talking" going on in the background, though nothing is happening on the screen i.e. no new messages? I haven't noticed this before, only been happening in the past week or so, or is it just that I haven't ever seen it before? I'm not a "newbie" on here, so can someone - please explain?? Or is this just private messaging going on?:thinking:

Hi all, this is probably telling everyone how to suck eggs, but I only found this by chance a few months back. If you want to know which members are on line at the time you are reading/posting just scroll right down near the bottom left of screen and in blue writing below adverts etc. you will see everyone's names listed who are online plus the number of guests viewing at that time, this changes constantly of course as people go on and off. Also a little green light is next to the name of the poster when they are on line. Probably bleeding obvious but just thought I'd mention it for any new people on here. It's interesting to watch how many "guests" turn into members on line as the posts heat up!:lurk:

LOL you're onto us now.

There was a doco on tv a week or so ago about the Birnies.

For the non Perth based forum members, David and Catherine Birnie were a couple who trawled the streets of Perth (coincidently in a similar area to where these crimes occured) picking up hitchhikers, taking them back to their house then raping and murdering them to later dump their bodies in bush graves. Some of what happened to their victims was horrendous.

In this doco, the daughter of the male offended (David Birnie) was interviewed and stated that she found it really difficult to reconcile the kind, loving family man and father she knew - with the violent killer that he was.

So it is easy to see how someone could still be in disbelief even with confronted with evidence when the person they know has two very separate lives.

The show was called Murder Uncovered: Serial Killers, David and Catherine Birnie and can be watched online.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/wat...al-killers-david-and-catherine-birnie-part-2/

More information:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Catherine_Birnie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Another great post Onesie (please let me know if you don't like this nick name and I'll just call you One), I posted a couple of times about The Birnies on Murder Uncovered over on PeteDavo's Missing/Murdered SK Perth - it's a great thread.

Post #1:

Hi All my first post after following Websleuths since just after the 20th anniversary of Sarah Spiers disappearance.
For those in Australia a new program starts on channel 7 this Wednesday night with the first ever interview of the woman who escaped from The Birnies resulting in their capture! I think it's going to be a fascinating story!
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/birn...ed-with-her-policewoman-saviour-ng-b88376646z

Post #2:

Kate Moir and Laura Hancock are legends - thanks to them the pure evil Birnies were taken off the streets God knows how many lives they saved!!!

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/s...ape-victim-was-faking-it-20170209-gu9g7t.html

Watching Murder Uncovered on the Birnies was as interesting as I expected but it also bought back all of those terrifying memories of 4 young women /girls abducted and murdered in 4 weeks in 1986.

I think this prepped women of my generation of the 80s (born in the 60s/70s, partying in the 80s) to be wary when out and about at night and terrified us even more when the CSK came along in the 90s. I feel so sorry for Sarah and Jane who would have just been young children when the Birnies were around so it may not have impacted them as much. Also feel so sorry for Ciara of course but my thought has always been that after travelling overseas for a year she probably felt very safe in sleepy old Perth -JMO.

Back to the Birnies - there has long been speculation of more victims - last nights program shed light on the disappearance of Cheryl Renwick who had been stalked by a couple with a woman who visited her house several times being identified by her daughter Michelle and daughters friend as looking like Catherine Birnie and the murder of Barbara Western whose body was found in Karragullen with the jewellery removed and placed neatly beside the body - apparently a signature of David Birnie; earlier in 1986.

It's also long been thought that Birnie killed Lisa Mott from Collie because he had a yellow panel van and lived in Bunbury at the time but his first wife gave him an alibi for that day and she didn't appear to be a fan of his so I believed her.

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertain...vid-and-catherine-birnie-20170208-gu8o1o.html

The most disturbing part of the program for me was when they said Catherine Birnie had strangled and murdered 15 year old Susannah Candy. This made me feel sick it was bad enough that she'd been complicit in the abductions and deprivation of liberty but for a women to physically kill a young girl shocked and disgusted me - I don't remember hearing about this before but I may have blocked it out. Given this, talk about her getting parol because "she's served her time", "shes a model prisoner" and "she's now in her 60s and no longer a threat" is crazy - she is pure and utter evil and doesn't deserve to draw breath let alone ever be released to walk among innocent human beings again. I just wish the death penalty hadn't been repealed 2 years prior to their murderous spree for sickos like them, the Greenough Killer and the CSK. In principal I don't really believe in capital punishment but some crimes are so horrendous, violent, evil and sick that in my opinion their perpetrators have forfeited their right to live, especially when innocent children are the victims.
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/34367597/murder-uncovered/

For those not in Western Australia the horrendous Greenough killings:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenough_Family_Massacre

Hmm... me think very strange, me talk about "speaker" and speaker disappear?? I've heard of eye in the sky, is this ear to the ground?:shush:

They indeed plant the evidence. It was proven in court

Do you have a link for this please. Would love to read it.

Hmm... me think very strange, me talk about "speaker" and speaker disappear?? I've heard of eye in the sky, is this ear to the ground?:shush:

Am heading over to the website to check it out. I've been using Tapatalk lately, will let you know if I see it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member