IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm able to see some things on fb due to being friends or friends if friends of certain family members of 1 of the victims, but no one is discussing the post made by a local woman on the day they went missing, that she was there in the same time frame as when the girls were supposed to be picked up. She reposted an Instagram pic from the bridge that was stamped 3:47 and said there was no sign of the girls..just another guy and a couple. I'm not positive, I'd have to re read the post, but I believe she said she got there at 3.

That being said, it makes me believe that the murder was not premeditated..but arose out of necessity. Whether the perp knew the girls would be there & showed up uninvited and lured them away or it was a planned meeting..I don't think killing them was in the plan. I think for whatever reason, they were lured or went willingly off of the trail to a more private area. I believe things didn't go as he hoped, he was frustrated, and it was nearing time for the girls to leave. JMO. It's just that in small towns, you just about can't go anywhere without seeing someone you recognize. And when you pass someone even on the sidewalk, you acknowledge them. It seems unlikely (to me) that a local man would risk purposely going to this area with the intention of murdering 2 girls.

What if he was already with the girls when Libby posted the snapchat photo..and they were on their way to leaving the tracks voluntarily? Just a an idea..And what if the POI in the photo was the culprit and on his way to leave? To me the pic looks like he is walking w purpose, hands in pockets, head down. I'm not aware of any trail cams and there's plenty of footage floating around of the entire bridge. Perhaps I'm wrong but he does look like he's on the bridge part of the tracks.

On a contradictory note..volunteers who searched the area were quite distraught when the girls were found so close to where they were last seen. One reported that they were specifically instructed to stay away from that immediate area because dogs were being brought in. This would be understandable, as they would want the area uncontaminated. But then, why didn't the dogs find them at such a close proximity?

I don't think the girls ever left the area or made it back to the pick up spot. I do know that before they were reported missing that family was out looking and yelling for them.

As far as a witch hunt taking place w LE..I don't believe they would take it lightly when serving a search warrant. Implicating anyone in anyway won't soon be forgotten in such a small community. I believe they would be very sensitive to that.

I would really like to know if the girls phones were recovered and if they were, did that have a bearing on obtaining the warrant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I've spent about 2 hours figuring this one out. Not easy with old streetview images, and with pauses to fix my computer that was impersonating a 747 circa 1975, but with the help of photos and videos shared by MSM I determined this to be the house (not that you can see much of it on streetview)

Streetview Link

View attachment 110250View attachment 110251

Media image links (I won't clog up the post with images, click to see
Photo 1 Notice the brick entry posts and the curve of the road

Photo 2 (looking at streetview, to the left of the entry road and brick posts) Compare the distance back from the road to the house, and the tree positioning and the bush, which is bare of its foliage now but bushy on streetview.

It may not be important idk but I can't not find something on a map lol

Now, I need coffee stat!
I don't think that's the correct one they searched. My understanding is the address was under 11000

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

This shows how close the highway is to where the girls were dropped off.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 556
If they've talked to EVERYBODY does that mean they talked to the man in the photo??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

No, the article also mentions that they still haven't identified the guy in the photo. So I think they've talked to everyone who has come forward and/or that they could track down. But not the guy in the photo.

The parking area for the bridge trails and the location where the bodies were found are on the same road. 11 minute walk or 1 minute drive.

ffc192c9c87df0d120fb2c7ee97d0a7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If an arrest (or arrests) is not made by tomorrow, I'm sure there will be a police presence at the memorial services and funerals for the girls, observing who shows up and how people act.

Sorry, My keyboard has issues after I quote text, so I'll reply to the above here.

Yes it could be a trucker. Freedom Bridge is a walk way bridge that spans the new highway 25 which is a route to Logansport and other larger cities to the north. The new highway now goes around the city, but we still have traffic from other areas. Lafayette and Purdue is only 20 minutes away and there are international folks at these locations.

Don't see that unless he would have done business to deliver to In That small town and had a layover. Most truckers don't have much down time to take a hike through the woods, killing some girls, get back in the truck with the new Elogs they have to run tracking his times and 95.% have tracking on the trucks themselves.
Sorry hubby is a trucker I know these thing ...everything is quick and stay as close to the interstate as you can.

The unique gait could be due to walking on the bridge. You can see through to whatever is below and it freaks people out if they are not use to it. I did notice the gait but I'm not sure it isn't fear driven. That is part of the attraction to this bridge, people get a "high" from walking across it.

I'd be on my hands and knees crawling and whimpering with my eyes shut.

Any word on how the girls died?

Searching the Indiana sex offender site brought up 54 individuals using "Delphi" as the city. Several individuals on the list work at Indiana Packers Corporation just south of where the girls were. How was the perpetrator/s sure that nobody would walk up on them or hear anything?? Anyone else also think the mystery guy on the bridge has a moustache? And wouldn't you think that guy would have contacted authorities by now since his pic is plastered everywhere??
http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....drLast=&OfndrFirst=&OfndrCity=delphi&AllCity=

On a contradictory note..volunteers who searched the area were quite distraught when the girls were found so close to where they were last seen. One reported that they were specifically instructed to stay away from that immediate area because dogs were being brought in. This would be understandable, as they would want the area uncontaminated. But then, why didn't the dogs find them at such a close proximity?

If the meeting was prearranged with a boyfriend and they were killed elsewhere and then dumped the dogs would not be able to track them. That too might explain the phone pings in town.

What sticks with me most is that police on this case have stated their best advice is to keep an eye on your kids, know what they're up to, etc. To me that means they know these girls went to meet up with a person. Maybe since all of the area had the day off, they thought they were meeting with some high school boys who they met on SM and it turned out to definitely NOT be that.

We are told that pic of the POI is a still from a video. Where did the video come from? I'm a little freaked that the girls got there early, gained some sort of upper vantage point, and snapchatted or just took video (could be iPhone live pics, as well), of this guy wondering if he was the one coming to meet them. Why haven't they just shown us the video? Maybe their voices? This and a theory on the FB page about Abigail's snapchat profile pic are just giving me chills. What I don't understand is that IF they took this video and suspected this man was there instead of who they thought they'd meet, then why not just hide and wait for him to go away? Ugg.

Have I mentioned how much I hate social media for teens?

Yes, that is the house they searched.

The one I posted? TIA

I don't think that's the correct one they searched. My understanding is the address was under 11000

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Addresses on google maps aren't always accurate, I've seen houses wrongly labeled and as far as 2 miles off their accurate location. That is why I prefer to viusually match a location with a current photograph

Searching the Indiana sex offender site brought up 54 individuals using "Delphi" as the city. Several individuals on the list work at Indiana Packers Corporation just south of where the girls were. How was the perpetrator/s sure that nobody would walk up on them or hear anything?? Anyone else also think the mystery guy on the bridge has a moustache? And wouldn't you think that guy would have contacted authorities by now since his pic is plastered everywhere??
http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....drLast=&OfndrFirst=&OfndrCity=delphi&AllCity=

Yes, I see a mustache and a hat. One of the RSO looks a lot like the guy in the photo to me.

Article that mentions cell phone pings

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

There are more, this is first one i could find easily.

Thanks. Link says...

“Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town –and here there is a cellphone tower –but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.”

The last Snapchat from one of the girls was from 2:07 p.m. on Monday.

“I saw the texts where they got delivered, but they never got read,” said Patty."

Do we have case map of cell towers to link, as often in rural, town and outskirts are same tower?

If this turns out to be true, I will be so upset! I said on post #3 or 4 of the first thread- this case seems like a perfect one for heat detection at night. Why did they stop searching?

If that sweetie was alive, that decision was fateful. These were children. And it was getting cold that night. I think it possibly wasn't taken as seriously as it should have been.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

:tears:

They weren't found til 12 the next day. Can we really assume they were deceased before they were called in missing?

Good question. He could have been with the girls longer than 5.30. He might have taken off when he heard sounds of searching and calling further away. Or even came back at night?

If the meeting was prearranged with a boyfriend and they were killed elsewhere and then dumped the dogs would not be able to track them. That too might explain the phone pings in town.

This area was swarmed w volunteers. And I don't think everyone quit looking when the search was called off for the night at midnight. It would have been extremely risky to return to the area, not to mention the difficulty of trying to transport 2 bodies. It'd be a lot easier to drop them off on a county road away from town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird question,but does Anybody know if the pic of the Guy was taken before or after they think the Girls were killed? I ask because the Guy looks so relaxed, like he's just out for a walk,not nervous looking ,in a hurry,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member