IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think they were- just by what he says. I was just trying to figure out when the phone went off. I know he's quoted somewhere saying it. We know they were delivered but not read- but I can't find where he says the phone is off- or what time that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The time the phone went dead has not been disclosed anywhere.

If the man was caught on trail camera video from the bridge, shouldn't there be video of the girls from the same camera? Guessing LE has more footage including the amount of time that transpired between him passing by and the girls passing by.
Were the girls found on the north side of the river?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On the north side.

Am I missing something that transcribed their texts? To my knowledge we don't have any information about texts sent or received, but I could have missed that piece. Sorry in advance if I did.

Le has their phones and were able to tell that the girls had received messages but not read them. Its in one of the original articles and references the cell phones pinging in town. http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

Hi, new to posting but have been lurking for years.

I work in LE as a digital forensics investigator. If the FBI has been called in, then there is a suspicion that the crime is a federal crime. The perp is from another state and is wanted for other related crimes and/or this is a cyber crime in some way and state police do not have the resources to investigate. If it were a simple local crime, the FBI would not be involved.

Cheers. Love the forum.

I read that Homeland Security is involved, too. Why would that be?

I work in LE as a digital forensics investigator. If the FBI has been called in, then there is a suspicion that the crime is a federal crime. The perp is from another state and is wanted for other related crimes and/or this is a cyber crime in some way and state police do not have the resources to investigate. If it were a simple local crime, the FBI would not be involved.

Cheers. Love the forum.

You have my dream job :heartbeat:

Post more often :)

The FBI has been brought in at times for violent crimes when local LE has limited resources.

Yes, I'm going on the assumption that the state police have adequate resources (Indiana is known for much of their police tech etc) since they've been on scene, and also because one news report stated that DHS was involved as well. I may be wrong! Cheers!

You have my dream job :heartbeat:

Post more often :)

Ha ha, yeah, been working in this area for a while. Computer nerd! For some reason I'm so intrigued and saddened by this case, so I had to jump in. :)

I feel like if this guy is innocent, this is exactly why he wouldn't come forward.

He's going to have a hard time proving anything at this point in time. His only alibi would be the same picture that's pretty much assigned him the title of murderer. What can he say to prove it wasn't him? I don't think "I never left the trail" is going to cut it without some sort of technology to prove it. That being said, I feel like LE has a lot more info pointing to this being the guy they are after.

Bbm
That's what I thought at first too, until they executed the search on that house/ property. Now I am not so sure they have much more on the guy than that pic. They don't seem to be pushing the issue as much as I would expect, and they are definitely still looking for "who" did this, searching phone's and so on.

I suspect they know by now, or have a good idea what happened, they've released the bodies earlier than some victims, and they really are being tight with info, possibly they are wanting to protect the case they are building.
I just get the feeling they are not as interested in this particular guy as they were before.

Cheers. Love the forum.

So what is your take on the still of the POI? Do you think it could have been the phone of one of the girls, a trail cam, another pedestrian who caught him in the background?

Thanks!

Le has their phones and were able to tell that the girls had received messages but not read them. Its in one of the original articles and references the cell phones pinging in town. http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

LE has not confirmed if they have either phone.

The messages received/not read and where they pinged came from a family member, not LE, so that's considered rumor here on WS.

There was a post early in thread one about how pings are not accurate in areas where there are only one or two towers. I do not know how many towers are in or near Delphi but it seems reasonable to me a tiny town wouldn't need many.

My belief is if a phone really was pinging in town or LE had any reason to believe they were on the trail, then in town, then discovered back on the trail, we'd be hearing LE asking people who may have seen them in town to come forward. Especially if they were believed to be in the company of the man in the photo or anyone else. MOO, but they probably never left the trail area after being dropped off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Police: "We will get them."

Four sets of footprints at the crime scene?

Two weapons of different calibers used?

In the state of Indiana the Department of Homeland Security is in charge of cybercrime and emergency medical, among many other things. I am an EMT and my certification is through Indiana Department of Homeland Security. I have lived in two other states where that wasn't the case.

I read that Homeland Security is involved, too. Why would that be?

To help assist all of the agencies involved stay in contact with each other, in real time. I've worked with the tech involved and have seen it used for high profile investigations. DHS has the tech, FBI most likely requested it.

Maybe they walked there on their own and were attacked at that location? The property owner said it was rough terrain accessible only on foot and was close to the water. Maybe the girls were planing to snapchat next to the water?

I don't think they would have as they were due to meet their relative about an hour after the SC pic was taken on the bridge. If they had walked east to the spot where they were found, they would not have made it back to the pick up point in time.

Unless the pick up point was much closer to where they were found?

Police: "We will get them."

Four sets of footprints at the crime scene?

Two weapons of different calibers used?

I wonder if there was a group chat or something planning the meetup.

The messages received/not read and where they pinged came from a family member, not LE, so that's considered rumor here on WS.

There was a post early in thread one about how pings are not accurate in areas where there are only one or two towers. I do not know how many towers are in or near Delphi but it seems reasonable to me a tiny town wouldn't need many.

My belief is if a phone really was pinging in town or LE had any reason to believe they were on the trail, then in town, then discovered back on the trail, we'd be hearing LE asking people who may have seen them in town to come forward. Especially if they were believed to be in the company of the man in the photo or anyone else. MOO, but they probably never left the trail area after being dropped off.

I agree. Great post!

So what is your take on the still of the POI? Do you think it could have been the phone of one of the girls, a trail cam, another pedestrian who caught him in the background?

Thanks!

I'm working on a cleaned up image of this. I started last night. I'll post it in the morning most likely due to my sched if he hasn't been found by then. The cap/hair issue is clearly a cap. Most likely camo from what I've done thus far. The angle, though, does not relate to the girls taking it. It would have been taken from a height that they were not at. I do agree that it was a trail cam or another person. I don't have the raw data, only what has been presented through media, so I can not say for certain. A taller person could have taken it, though. The raw data would be available to LE and they would know if it were not a trail cam. As well, the distance is interesting, due to the pixelation, so the POI is clearly in the background, far from the resolution point. It could be a trail cam that takes photos at particular intervals; if it were video, I think it would be much clearer. It appears to be enlarged and cropped. Media photos are the worst. This may be what they have, in which case it was a trail cam that takes photos at particular intervals and he was caught at a point where he was in frame but not in clear focus, or there is some deliberation in obstructing his features. My guess is the first. They want to catch this guy. If it were a shot by a bystander, he/she would have to be at least several inches taller than the POI. Totally possible.

LE was quoted to be combing through the girls phones. I'll try and find that link....
I dont know if I am allowed to share facebook news pages but I am so intersted in the fact they are now saying they are coming the girls snapchats, social media, phones and how important technology is with this case so far. https://www.facebook.com/WorldNewsTonight/videos/10154651837899818/?hc_location=ufi

Geez, ANYTHING could have happened! I keep coming up with scenarios. Maybe the girls heard somebody yelling for help from that area? Maybe they followed a dog? Maybe somebody said "you want to see something cool?" Maybe additional friends their age met up with them there? It could be ANYTHING without more details. I just wish there were more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox