IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIRST with all due respect. How can any of you say someone bears a remarkable resemblance to the suspect when we cannot even make out the freaking guy's image???? He's wearing clothes that most of the men I know wear. He looks ordinary. Please stop all the hinting. Just call the tip in. And read the TOS here. Please. This is causing too much confusion!! :banghead:

This!
I agree he looks "ordinary". Profile is very sparse, but I see nothing cold, mean or sinister about him. He's not smiling and he's wearing sunglasses. That's all. I would hardly call that profile "creepy"

Going back to when LE found the bodies and gave initial interview, something is not right. IF those girls were found in an horrific condition, sexually abused, etc. it is unconscionable to think LE would say people could go back on the trails the next day, they just needed to be vigilant. Does anyone know when the FBI got involved? What agency is leading this investigation?

We don't know what condition they were in, other than it was a double-homicide. (I think many of us are assuming sexual attack occurred as well, but we honestly do not know at this point.)

I don't think LE said anything about public safety other than people could draw their own conclusions and that parents should know what their kids are doing.

jmopinion

Here is the trouble I have with these, can I use a better word?....lynch mob mentality of outing people on SM. Perhaps you are all wrong, what about the backlash? Even on SM could be bad but what if someone close to the girls, family or not are upset and decide to take things into their own hands. Sorry to be a fun spoiler but I see where some repercussions could come from outing someone who may not have anything to do with it.

Going back to when LE found the bodies and gave initial interview, something is not right. IF those girls were found in an horrific condition, sexually abused, etc. it is unconscionable to think LE would say people could go back on the trails the next day, they just needed to be vigilant. Does anyone know when the FBI got involved? What agency is leading this investigation?
Thisismyquestiontoo.Idon'tunderstanditatall.

Anyone have luck finding shoes that resemble the ones he is wearing? His right shoe has a horizontal white or light stripe on the inside. The left top of shoe looks to have shiny buckles or eyelets. Haven't found similar but still looking. Is it a hiking shoe?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
looks like he's wearing croc shoes. With white socks maybe? Some crocs have a reflective or white stripe on the heal straps.

We're not hunting for a witch, were hunting for a vicious killer. People need to report their suspicions. As the twitter post stated. "It's ok to be wrong."

LE was searching under the bridge, like the bridge itself- up near the rafters....and from what a person elsewhere posted it was a pretty large police presence yesterday (Sun 19 Feb) This after the announcement that POI became suspect.
Thoughts?

I lurked on a social media last night about this case. Like the guy who posted, I'm a geocacher. He said there's a geocache at that end of the bridge.

For those unfamiliar with geocaching, it's like a treasure hunt. You look up the riddle/description of the item, and it shows GPS coordinates. With the phone app, you search for the item.

Probably 90% of the geocaches I've done are along old rail beds which are now trails, and waterways with trails adjacent to them. Someone brought up Pokemon Go in an earlier thread. I'd hate to think these poor girls were drawn in by one or the other, who knows.

The trail group I belong to is watching this closely. We were going to visit the same area where this crime happened, next month. Also, people do kayak in the area, when conditions are right. This situation has a lot of people spooked.

Just wanted to give a shout out and welcome all new members. :smile:

Good time for old and new members to please review WS Rules Etiquette & Information

Please pay particular attention to the Social Media rules

Thank you

Here is the trouble I have with these, can I use a better word?....lynch mob mentality of outing people on SM. Perhaps you are all wrong, what about the backlash? Even on SM could be bad but what if someone close to the girls, family or not are upset and decide to take things into their own hands. Sorry to be a fun spoiler but I see where some repercussions could come from outing someone who may not have anything to do with it.

But this site is called "web SLEUTHS" I don't see names being put on here. I see people trying to solve the IDENTITY of a picture the POLICE submitted asking people for help with IDENTIFYING. Yes, it gets tricky, but...if it leads to solving the murders, thats the goal?

I lurked on a social media last night about this case. Like the guy who posted, I'm a geocacher. He said there's a geocache at that end of the bridge.

For those unfamiliar with geocaching, it's like a treasure hunt. You look up the riddle/description of the item, and it shows GPS coordinates. With the phone app, you search for the item.

Probably 90% of the geocaches I've done are along old rail beds which are now trails, and waterways with trails adjacent to them. Someone brought up Pokemon Go in an earlier thread. I'd hate to think these poor girls were drawn in by one or the other, who knows.

The trail group I belong to is watching this closely. We were going to visit the same area where this crime happened, next month. Also, people do kayak in the area, when conditions are right. This situation has a lot of people spooked.

Yes, I have been wondering from the start about geocaching. Is there a way if you can check if the girls were on the geocaching website as members? tia

Thisismyquestiontoo.Idon'tunderstanditatall.

I see that you are having the "spacing problem" too. If you hit enter after your first word, instead of the space bar; the problem corrects itself. You can then backspace and continue typing (including the space bar) without problems. It's been an intermittent problem for me since I joined last year.

I'm worried that this thread will get locked up.

I dont see anyone being outed publically or accused of anything. People are discussing whether someone could look like the pic or not and a name hasn't been used. It is prob a coincidence and has been reported.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There is a Save Monon High Bridge Facebook page. There is a man who posts on photos, etc. there who bears a remarkable resemblance to the man on the bridge, and he appears to like bridges, including the bridge the girls were last seen on. Hope this helps those of you who are confused.

From what another poster has said, this tip has been called in.
Crap. My stomach dropped when I went on his page. Most likely a dead end but just enough "you never know" that I would have called it in. Great sleuthing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We're not hunting for a witch, were hunting for a vicious killer. People need to report their suspicions. As the twitter post stated. "It's ok to be wrong."

I understand its OK to be wrong in a tip, but my understanding about WS is that it is wrong to discuss FB pages here? Am I wrong on that?

I encourage anyone who thinks they have a tip to call it in to LE and not sit on it.

Excellent post with these pics! I have a 15 y/o daughter who lives with her phone in her hand and Snapchats with friends seemingly non-stop. I’ll ask her to share some info about Snapchat that those of us “non-Snapchat” people may find helpful.

In the meantime, here are a few of my thoughts:
1. He does appear to be turning based on the position of his feet in the 2nd pic.
2. The brown “thing” around his waist does appear to be some type of toolbelt - likely holding his crime/rape kit.
3. Footwear - possibly some type of waders or muck boots.
4. Hands in his pockets - trying to appear casual/non-threatening AND concealing a weapon.
5. Pics are quite possibly from the girl’s cell phone - obtained either from the phone itself (if located) or from icloud or other sharing app that was on her phone.
6. Sadly, I feel that they are stills from a video and the entire video is not being released for both investigative reasons and emotional/privacy reasons. If he turned quickly and grabbed her (as the change in angle of the pics seem to indicate the person with the camera was in motion) additional video could show visual or audio evidence of a confrontation or struggle.

Several years ago I attended a lecture by Ann Burgess, an expert in Forensic Nursing who studies, publishes and lectures extensively in sexual assault, etc. One of her comments was particularly chilling and really stuck with me. Although I don’t remember the exact words, it basically said that a person convicted and sent to prison for sexual violence does not change and prison will not reform them. The only things they will learn in prison is how to not get caught again - and unfortunately this means not leaving a living victim.

I believe this guy knew that school was out and that may mean less activity at the park and possibly young teens may be there. I don’t think the girls had any prior contact with him or had made plans to meet anyone there. I think he took his “kit” in the hopes that he would find a victim and, even if he didn’t find a victim he would enjoy the “hunt”. I think he’s done this before and been imprisoned for a non-fatal sexual assault and was released somewhat recently.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends, community and investigators.

looks like he's wearing croc shoes. With white socks maybe? Some crocs have a reflective or white stripe on the heal straps.
Interesting thought, I'm not so sure though. With the weather warming up and the ground thawing would he be wearing crocks with holes in them hiking through terrain near a river with them on?

His right shoe has a lighter colored band or stripe on it. I can't tell if it's the front and top of the shoe or the side that it is visible on. My assumption is the top but why isn't it on his left shoe?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

LE was searching under the bridge, like the bridge itself- up near the rafters....and from what a person elsewhere posted it was a pretty large police presence yesterday (Sun 19 Feb) This after the announcement that POI became suspect.
Thoughts?

Cigarette butt(s)?

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• INDIANA edited  possible cigarette poi-media1.jpg
    INDIANA edited possible cigarette poi-media1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 702
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics