Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thegazette.com/2012/12/0...neBreakingNews+(TheGazette.com+Breaking+News)
attachment.php

I think this particular photo is of the circle drive where LE could park and near where their bodies were found.

Here's the location of where their remains were found at Seven Bridges.

50c0f21457b2a.image.jpg

KWWL news (local to E & L) just had the picture and story of A & L in Indiana on the noon news. Now that he is an official suspect, it seems to be getting more national attention.

I think this particular photo is of the circle drive where LE could park and near where their bodies were found.

Here's the location of where their remains were found at Seven Bridges.

View attachment 110507

Yes, you are right that the location picture that you posted is where the girls were found. The circle where LE was parked is just to the right of what's shown in your picture.
If you look at the upper left side of the other picture that shows where the LE parked, you can see part of the yellow tape surrounding the site where the remains were found..

KWWL news (local to E & L) just had the picture and story of A & L in Indiana on the noon news. Now that he is an official suspect, it seems to be getting more national attention.

Thank you!
It could be the national attention or someone contacted them to see why they were not reporting the story.
I had been checking both this channel and the newspaper to see if they would carry the story and was thinking about emailing them myself. I worry about LE in the different states not contacting each other in cases like this.

IIRC, there was a woman who posted on a very early thread that LE should look for the girls at Seven Bridges County Park. Also, think there was info. way back then that there were bridges there at one time, but they were removed.I could have that totally wrong. There was also reference to a song about Seven Bridges. I took at look at the map and couldn't find any bridges.

I haven't found when this bridge was demolished but it was before the girls were abducted.

The area is bisected by the Wapsipinicon River. A bridge once allowed motorists to pass through on 270th Street, but the bridge has long since been removed. Access to the park is now from the west side on a dead-end gravel road. The place had been a county park, but officials quit maintaining it several years ago.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime...cle_3237251d-0df3-518d-ad8a-b4a22409ed86.html

I hope whoever killed Lyric and Elizabeth is caught soon. I think about this case often.

OT: Misty has a new baby girl. She was born last month.

Does anyone think there could be a link with the Indiana girls?

Personally, I just don't know. There are several commonalities between the cases. Maybe it means something. Maybe it's just coincidence. Or maybe I'm just afraid to get my hopes up.

Hi gitana1, have been thinking of you..
Yes, some here have definitely wondered if there was a connection, especially as there was several coincidental parallels between the two cases.

Besides the similarities of appearance, and the fact of two girls together, I came up with some other parallels:

Found in an isolated part of a public park (though Delphi park is nowhere near as far off the beaten path).

Found beside a stream

Rumor is saying the bodies were some distance apart

Meat packing plants near both scenes (I know, find a small midwestern town that doesn't have one...)

It's enough to be suggestive but certainly not enough to be conclusive. Probably coincidences, but you never know.

eta: side by side of the girls. Liz and Lyric on top, Abby and Liberty below. Click to enlarge

attachment.php

Bumping this post and Roseofsharon's post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?280520-IA-Elizabeth-Collins-8-amp-Lyric-Cook-10-Evansdale-13-July-2012-37&p=13155693#post13155693

IIRC, there was a woman who posted on a very early thread that LE should look for the girls at Seven Bridges County Park. Also, think there was info. way back then that there were bridges there at one time, but they were removed.I could have that totally wrong. There was also reference to a song about Seven Bridges. I took at look at the map and couldn't find any bridges.

BBM: My memory was about something the family or the local newspaper received. Maybe I'm losing my mind..........

I want there to be. I think about these two girls nearly every day...so I'd really love this to be a break in their case. Plus I hate thinking there is ANOTHER psychopath out there targeting girls. But realistically, I don't think this guy is the same guy that killed the girls in Indiana.

BBM: My memory was about something the family or the local newspaper received. Maybe I'm losing my mind..........

I seem to recall it was a comment under a newspaper article or on the FB page to help find the girls.

Does anybody remember the name of the RSO who either had a friend who lived near Myers Lake, or lived there himself, and had other connections to the case, but also had an airtight alibi of having been at work the whole time when the abduction took place? There were rumors his car went to a chop shop? Anybody remember the guy I mean? I tried to look in the old threads but I can't remember clearly enough to come up with a good search string. :p

Does anybody remember the name of the RSO who either had a friend who lived near Myers Lake, or lived there himself, and had other connections to the case, but also had an airtight alibi of having been at work the whole time when the abduction took place? There were rumors his car went to a chop shop? Anybody remember the guy I mean? I tried to look in the old threads but I can't remember clearly enough to come up with a good search string. :p

Unfortunately, I do not, and I'm having trouble recalling things myself.

I started at re-reading the case from Thread 1 again (geez!), and I will let you know if I come across it.

If anyone else wants me to pay attention for other pertinent details in the early threads, let me know.

I want there to be. I think about these two girls nearly every day...so I'd really love this to be a break in their case. Plus I hate thinking there is ANOTHER psychopath out there targeting girls. But realistically, I don't think this guy is the same guy that killed the girls in Indiana.

Hey, Kaydence, it is just a gut instinct that you don't think they are related, that you feel L & L's case is by someone they know or ????

Curious is all.

Hey, Kaydence, it is just a gut instinct that you don't think they are related, that you feel L & L's case is by someone they know or ????

Curious is all.

I just think it would be unlikely to have a serial killer out there targeting pairs of girls. Not impossible, of course. Also, Lizzy and Lyric (I think) looked like little girls. From what I've seen of Abigail and Liberty, they were typical teenagers. Sending snaps, acting like teenagers. I don't know, I would think the guy would have a type.

Of course, on the flip side. We don't know a lot about the manner in which Lyric and Elizabeth were killed or found. We don't know that about Abby and Liberty either.

The one I remember had the initials of JB. Middle initial J too I think. The other one has the initials CMF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater