IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jilly,

The backpack is key to me, for several reasons. I know some people think they see the perp with a backpack on as well as seeing Elvis but I think is is clearly one of the girls backpack, here is why. If the backpack belonged to perp, why would he discard it? More importantly, LE wants to know if anyone saw someone disposing of backpack....because that would neatly tie up their case against said person. Someone seeing the person(that person) in possession of one of the girls backpack's would have some explaining to do. Which also leads me to believe backpack was not in close proximity to where bodies were found.

ITA

I also believe the backpack that LE are discussing today belongs to one of the murdered teens.

LE would know that their backpack or duffel bag is missing (they have used both terms).

LE would NOT know that the 's backpack or duffel bag is missing.

JMO

I know it would take more time and LE probably doesn't have that, but it may be worth looking into perps who's MO are adult women. It makes me think of Ted Bundy who's MO was young adult women, but near the end seemed to get desperate and killed a younger teenage girl. Just a thought.

Hi Jilly,

The backpack is key to me, for several reasons. I know some people think they see the perp with a backpack on as well as seeing Elvis but I think is is clearly one of the girls backpack, here is why. If the backpack belonged to perp, why would he discard it? More importantly, LE wants to know if anyone saw someone disposing of backpack....because that would neatly tie up their case against said person. Someone seeing the person(that person) in possession of one of the girls backpack's would have some explaining to do. Which also leads me to believe backpack was not in close proximity to where bodies were found.

Hey, how are you? :)

I had to go back and read my whole post...not sure what you mean?

I just meant that they probably have more pics than we're seeing and it could be that something on him that's visible in pictures that we haven't seen, was possibly found at the crime scene...that he didn't intend to leave. I think I posted that before the backpack was an issue, or at least before I heard of it.

I just think that they have far more than they want to talk about.

Are you saying that he has one of the girl's packs in the pic, so we are seeing him post-crime?

"We're asking people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or someone walking. We're asking people that live in Logansport all the way to Lafayette, if they saw somebody late that afternoon, that evening of Monday the 13th, if they saw somebody walking down the roadway that just did not look like they should be there, or they're just a hitchhiker, we would like to talk to that person," said Sgt. Kim Riley, Indiana State Police.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...g-road-near-delphi-police-want-to-talk-to-you

We need the suspects height and weight. Someone could determine that on the scene. It would help the public help the police.

It SERIOUSLY looks like he has a backpack stuffed in his jacket to me now. I never saw the bunched up hoodie like others have said. If he doesn't have something stuffed in his jacket he's got quite the beer belly.

Which makes me wonder... was taking one of the girls backpacks along with evidence/trophy the only opportunity of the crime... or was the entire crime opportunistic? Because if it was planned, you'd think he brought his own backpack. I don't think he did, because if he wore the backpack in he'd wear it back out.

Hey, how are you? :)

I had to go back and read my whole post...not sure what you mean?

I just meant that they probably have more pics than we're seeing and it could be that something on him that's visible in pictures that we haven't seen, was possibly found at the crime scene...that he didn't intend to leave. I think I posted that before the backpack was an issue, or at least before I heard of it.

I just think that they have far more than they want to talk about.

Are you saying that he has one of the girl's packs in the pic, so we are seeing him post-crime?

I know it was not in sync with what you had posted, sorry for the confusion. The way it was worded "disposing of a backpack" tells me they have it in their possession, while I realize there are possibilities said backpack belongs to perp, I am betting the opposite, belonging to one of the girls, that is why if he was seen disposing of it, in possession of one of their backpacks that that in itself would tie things up and be important for LE.

If said backpack was not in their possession, their message would have been different, as in if anyone finds a backpack and likely would have a description tied to it.

It SERIOUSLY looks like he has a backpack stuffed in his jacket to me now. I never saw the bunched up hoodie like others have said. If he doesn't have something stuffed in his jacket he's got quite the beer belly.

Which makes me wonder... was taking one of the girls backpacks along with evidence/trophy the only opportunity of the crime... or was the entire crime opportunistic? Because if it was planned, you'd think he brought his own backpack. I don't think he did, because if he wore the backpack in he'd wear it back out.

I didn't see it before, but I was looking at the picture earlier, and it looks to me like his jacket is cinched closed in the middle, and I thought the same... that he is hiding something in it. It doesn't look to me as if he is just a big guy wearing an ill fitting jacket.

Wonder if the perp threatened and then subdued and bound them using a gun --but without having to fire it ?

If anyone tries to scare or threaten you with a weapon and you're in the woods or open area --RUN like h. There's a chance, however slim --if you run and start screaming-- someone might hear and walk over to see what's going on.
Do not comply with any of their threats.

I know it's easy to say that if you haven't been in that situation.
And who's to know if the girls didn't do just that ? Except no one could hear them ? :(

Looking at the photos of them put out by msm.. they both seem fresh-faced and happy with their lives. I hate to think they might have obeyed the perp for fear of whatever he said... and in doing so perished.
Also hoping that they scratched or did something that would leave dna under their nails.
:moo:

I am having a hard time seeing this man at this age wake up one day and take two beautiful young girls lives. He had to have done something like this before. IMO. With the manner of death, I would think they could compare to someone else who died this way and compare cases. I'm sick we are on thread 5 and this is where they're at. Those poor families.

"We're asking people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or someone walking. We're asking people that live in Logansport all the way to Lafayette, if they saw somebody late that afternoon, that evening of Monday the 13th, if they saw somebody walking down the roadway that just did not look like they should be there, or they're just a hitchhiker, we would like to talk to that person," said Sgt. Kim Riley, Indiana State Police.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...g-road-near-delphi-police-want-to-talk-to-you

Do hitchhikers often use this highway?

I hope this info is out where truckers (in that area) would see it.

I know it was not in sync with what you had posted, sorry for the confusion. The way it was worded "disposing of a backpack" tells me they have it in their possession, while I realize there are possibilities said backpack belongs to perp, I am betting the opposite, belonging to one of the girls, that is why if he was seen disposing of it, in possession of one of their backpacks that that in itself would tie things up and be important for LE.

If said backpack was not in their possession, their message would have been different, as in if anyone finds a backpack and likely would have a description tied to it.

Oh, ok, I get it now. Yes, that makes sense. Any thoughts on why they're hung up now on whether or not anyone saw someone out of place walking in the expanded geography they referenced? It kinda sounds at times like they're doing some fishing, unless they found that pack in that vicinity. However, they're referring to his potential presence in that area before the crime... ?

Anyway, they have something pretty significant or they wouldn't be saying publicly that they want to arrest a suspect they haven't even identified. I do think that part of their belief that he's the guy is related to picsw/video they're not talking about.

This is the first case I've seen where someone was declared a suspect by LE and yet no one knows who he is , or where he might be !

LE HAS to have much more than we are led to believe. Hopefully they're building their case.

I've been on this site for awhile but I think this may be my first comment. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but there is a FB group dedicated to keeping track of a certain offender against children that was recently rekeased from jail. I'm not sure if I can link the group or share his name. He's mentioned several times in these threads. His initials are RD.f that helps.

Wonder if the perp threatened and then subdued and bound them using a gun --but without having to fire it ?

If anyone tries to scare or threaten you with a weapon and you're in the woods or open area --RUN like h. There's a chance, however slim --if you run and start screaming-- someone might hear and walk over to see what's going on.
Do not comply with any of their threats.

I know it's easy to say that if you haven't been in that situation.
And who's to know if the girls didn't do just that ? Except no one could hear them ? :(

Looking at the photos of them put out by msm.. they both seem fresh-faced and happy with their lives. I hate to think they might have obeyed the perp for fear of whatever he said... and in doing so perished.
Also hoping that they scratched or did something that would leave dna under their nails.
:moo:

I was thinking that these girls did run. Looking at the map that shows the timeline of events, it's like they made it across the bridge to the other side of the creek, and at some point, realizing danger, ran (and the perp giving chase) ... only to encounter rough terrain. They may have fallen or had their escape slowed due to the terrain, and he caught up to them, somewhere near where they were found.

If he's a drifter, I wonder if he was camped out somewhere near the bridge - like in the old cabin that is across the creek from where the girls were found. (Didn't some locals mention the existence of that cabin in an earlier thread? I hope I'm remembering correctly.) Maybe the girls went down to the cabin to explore and that's where they encountered him. :(

Hello, Ive been following this thread from close to the beginning. I cant help but to think that this was completely set up through SM (maybe snapchat?) by the perp from the beginning. To me it makes sense that this started some time ago with the suspect contacting one of the girls (liberty?) through some kind of meeting app, kids do it all the time, my kids would meet girls all over the state when they were in high school and traveling for sports. If she was to meet a "kid" and start talking to him, maybe even exchange pics (not genuine of him of course) and eventually gain a level of trust that could explain why a 13 year old girl would go out alone (with a possibly unexpected friend) to meet someone on the middle of a high bridge unprotected and isolated.

This makes perfect sense to me that a predator would disguise himself as a young innocent boy on SM then lure the girl (or girls) to that bridge. Once he knew they were there he would then walk out himself seemingly just a guy walking the bridge thus explaining a) being out on that bridge when they are, b) his head down and hands in pockets, and c) his being on the opposite side of them. I would postulate that the girls were out on the bridge taking pics and videos to occupy their time while waiting for their young friend to show up and inadvertently captured him in their videos.

Once on the bridge and knowing the girls were indeed isolated and having cased the situation up close he could have either struck there and forced the girls to go with him, or possibly just walked back off the bridge and sent a message to them to meet them over by the cemetery instead of the bridge and they would have gone there willingly to meet the "boy"

After much thought I believe that this person knows the area very well, he knows peoples hiking patterns, he knows the cemetery, he knows the bridge and dropoff points, and even where to commit the crime and leave the bodies undetected. I would submit that he grew up there exploring that area extensively as a child/teen. I would also submit that he does not live in the area anymore, seeing as no one from that small community has recognized him. It would seem plausible to me that he would be a truck driver of some kind as he would have time on stops to "hunt" the SM hookup sites for the perfect victim and set up a meeting when he was going through that area.

I don't believe for a second that this was and accidental meeting and I am very concerned that this is a very sophisticated trap that a deviant sexual predator/serial killer laid out very intentionally probably using an untraceable phone, fake names, fake pics, etc, his only real mistake being inadvertently captured on a video that got sent somewhere or uploaded to the cloud. Whether this is his first crime of this nature is of course unknown, but if he's not caught it wont be his last. Lets hope LE is able to identify him and arrest him soon.

This is the first case I've seen where someone was declared a suspect by LE and yet no one knows who he is , or where he might be !

LE HAS to have much more than we are led to believe. Hopefully they're building their case.

Isn't the zodiac killer a suspect who has never been identified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ