IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read many articles about this before and yes, they are abducted, raped, and murdered very quickly. Iirc some of the articles said the victim/s will be dead within an hour and a half from being taken or sooner. :(

Yes, that is a stat I've heard as well and have been thinking about. I do wonder, though, about any out buildings in the area (the park, the searched property) where perhaps he had them for awhile? Or maybe he stayed in one or had a stash of stuff?

IDK!

jmo

So I apologize if someone has brought this up already. I know yesterday we were discussing it pretty good, but I had a thought last night and now I cant stop looking at the pictures of the perp. Someone (thank you to this person) posted an over lapping picture of the 2 stills that were released. There is approximately 1 step between the boards. In both stills, the suspect has his hands in his pockets. I couldnt get why he looked like 2 different people. I think I have it. I dont think he is wearing a hoodie at all. I think he is wearing at hat. Either camo or light brown. I think what looks like a hoodie is long white curly hair. If you look at his eyes, they are shadowed... probably from the brim of the hat. When he turns his head a bit to start walking more to the left, the shadow almost reveals one of his eyes. This makes since in the fact that he never took his hands from his pockets so how could the hoodie be up in one shot and down in the next step? Its not a hoodie or his hair, its def a hat and nothing changed but the angle of his head and the way the light is hitting it. Thoughts?

I feel it is interesting these murders happened so close to Valentine's Day. Was this guy lonely and angry? The holiday reminded him that he is a monster that no woman can love so he loses it and kills these two girls?

Or was one of the girls wanting a valentine and met what she thought was a "boy" on the internet and it turned out to be this creep?

All of this near Valentine's Day. A day that is supposed to be about love and flowers and candy.

(http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide)
[FONT=&quot]
"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.[/FONT]

From reading this, it seems that they have had a few reports from people that reported seeing someone matching the description walking in these areas, otherwise it would seem to be a random shot in the dark. The concern I have is that they are mentioning an area that spans about 50 miles or so. Of course, they aren't mentioning a specific timeframe so perhaps it has to do with consistent reports of someone matching the description walking the highway in the days prior.

Then there is the backpack. I did notice them in the videos from the helicopter wading the river in line near the site where they were supposedly found as well as south of the bridge, where someone might look for something that would have been thrown from the bridge itself or simply washed downstream. Doing this early on would imply that had reason to believe something was missing from the scene where the girls were found- clothing, belongings, murder weapon, etc. I am wondering if the girls had a backpack that was missing. In the photo of the suspect, I felt like the loop at the upper portion of his chest could be the top loop of a backpack concealed under a jacket. The jacket does appear to be tight as if he has something concealed inside it, but that picture just isn't good for much more than guessing.

There was also a witness that supposedly saw a man in the park. I'm wondering if she mentioned him having a backpack or duffle bag. It would also be interesting to know when she saw him- if it were before or after it was to have occurred.

The broad area that they are searching for witnesses is a little discouraging to me. That is about 25 miles in two directions on the Hoosier Heartland and then the interstate.

I definitely believe they have some significant evidence that they feel ties the guy to the crime that is beyond the "he was there and hasn't come forward" aspect. I also believe they may have had enough evidence from the beginning to feel this way, but wanted to catch up a bit before they put a lot of pressure on him.

Even with the suspect, this thing doesn't the feel of honing in.

Based on the demeanor and statements of LE at the first press conference, I felt SURE they knew who did this and it was just a matter of (SHORT!) time before apprehending him. Now I think they were so guarded because they have absolutely no clue and that is downright SCARY! Why aren't they warning the public about a crazed madman on the loose???

Hi, I'm new here but have been keeping up with this case. I'm amazed at the well thought out information and ideas offered up by everyone. I had a couple thoughts. The jacket the guy is wearing... the navy blue color of the jacket has a funny pink haze on his chest above the rust color on his pants. Maybe it is the effect of sunlight, maybe not. My other thought is perhaps law enforcement eliminated obvious blood smears from his pants and that is why certain angles of the pants don't look right. In terms of tracking him on social media, that may pose a problem. He has probably used TOR [Dark web] to prevent himself from being tracked. It won't be easy to trace his origin.

Look at the pic of the bridge from a distance posted in this thread. It will allow you to sleep. The bridge is really high up, that "face" is obviously just part of the bridge and nowhere near land for a"face" to be [emoji6]
I will try to have my conscious mind convince my subconscious mind of that!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

LE serves a search warrant, leaves the premises with bags of evidence then makes a statement that they found nothing and no arrests will result from the search.

Now we hear about a possible hitchhiker.

And a backpack.

This is what's frustrating me so - maybe even ticking me off. This slow trickle of information from LE isn't producing results so maybe it's time for them to change the strategy.

“We are asking people that were driving through the Hoosier heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or saw somebody walking. We are asking people in Logansport all the way to Lafayette if they saw somebody around that late afternoon on February 13 walking down the roadway. We would like to know about that person,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley.

Police believe the man may have changed his look to try and hide his identity. They are asking every Hoosier to keep their eyes and ears open.

“You may be out at a restaurant and you hear somebody say something about it or talking to somebody else. Any information that we can find on this case. Nothing is too small for us to look into,” said Sgt. Riley.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/20/all-out-manhunt-for-main-suspect-in-murders-of-two-delphi-teens/

LE is all over the place. I have much respect for those responsible for solving heinous crimes like this but IMO if they were more forthcoming - for example, tell us where those photos came from and whether or not a backpack actually exists - the public may be more helpful. JMOO.

I feel it is interesting these murders happened so close to Valentine's Day. Was this guy lonely and angry? The holiday reminded him that he is a monster that no woman can love so he loses it and kills these two girls?

Or was one of the girls wanting a valentine and met what she thought was a "boy" on the internet and it turned out to be this creep?

All of this near Valentine's Day. A day that is supposed to be about love and flowers and candy.

Or was it planned with a "boy" they met on sm and arranged a meet up (man posing) as the girls had no school. Or random and just a really nice day to be out and about in a park.

Yes.............he's from that area and he knows that area well. This wasn't some freaking hitchhiker on his way through town.

On that same note...............were we able to actually observe him walking across that bridge-- the bridge with all of it's pitfalls and hazardous places-- I'll bet he zipped right across it........as if he's done it plenty of times before. Someone who had never set foot on that bridge would approach it with a lot of caution due to the lack of a guardrail, rotting timbers, creaking wood, open crevices to the water below, and the height above the river. Walking across it the first time would be a huge adrenaline rush.

That's what I was convinced of... yesterday. But now, well, how does the new "hitchhiker" plea from LE fit in? Plus the fact that if he's a local, then why all the trouble identifying him?? It's confusing.

Yes.............he's from that area and he knows that area well. This wasn't some freaking hitchhiker on his way through town.

On that same note...............were we able to actually observe him walking across that bridge-- the bridge with all of it's pitfalls and hazardous places-- I'll bet he zipped right across it........as if he's done it plenty of times before. Someone who had never set foot on that bridge would approach it with a lot of caution due to the lack of a guardrail, rotting timbers, creaking wood, open crevices to the water below, and the height above the river. Walking across it the first time would be a huge adrenaline rush.

If he is from the area I'm positive in a town of less than 3000 people he could be quickly identified.

Since I think they have more frames from that bridge video, it seems odd that they would offer only those poor images to the public to help identify him, unless, like I said previously, the video is from one of the girl's phones and that's all they want to show. I keep going back to if it was a stationary camera, there would be additional frames that might be helpful.

I think most trail cameras aren't really designed with the intent of capturing the color of the deer's eyes that you're planning to blast.

A map that I put together for some outside of Indiana to better understand the recent "Hoosier Heartland" talk.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hoosier_Heart_Land.jpg
    Hoosier_Heart_Land.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 980
IMO he is a drifter. Guns are heavy and he looks like he has the gun with the heavier weight of the gun in the deep end of the pocket, possible nylon jacket that stuff falls out of. I have met "hobos" in the woods. I love the woods. They typically wear layers, have facial hair, baggy pants. Walking in the woods, hard on the knees. Walking on tracks so so hard on the knees. His pants are baggy but he is not using a walking stick. Recent drifter I think. He might have stayed by the bridge. Bridges offer shelter and keep you hidden so well by a road. I have found stashes under bridges, liquor, *advertiser censored*. He also appears in good shape, so maybe recent drifter. He may walk the railroad tracks, they are quieter than hiking trails and connect towns to get food. You can also hop the trains, they move slow. He is organized enough to pull this crime, very dangerous individual. Thinking of those girls.

This is the first case I've seen where someone was declared a suspect by LE and yet no one knows who he is , or where he might be !

LE HAS to have much more than we are led to believe. Hopefully they're building their case.

In the Jennifer Kesse case they had a video of the perp who moved her car and parked it, after she went missing. And no one has ever been identified...

Or was it planned with a "boy" they met on sm and arranged a meet up (man posing) as the girls had no school. Or random and just a really nice day to be out and about in a park.
Abby seems WAY too carefree and peaceful to be nervous over meeting someone off SM. Even if it was Libby who was meeting someone.

Think of someone on a blind date. They are nervous, looking around and a bit stressed out with anticipation and expectation.

I'm not saying SM isn't a factor, but I don't see this as an organized romantic meeting.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members