IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he knows the location but rightly he isnt going to reveal its location so that whomever erected it can continue to use it without others knowing where it has been placed. He is just trying to protect the privacy of the owner. The still shots could have come from this security video and he knows if he releases who has it and where it is located then the owner will be bombarded by the press. Plus if the stills were taken from this person's security camera if the murderer is caught this person will be a vital witness in the trial when they introduce the entire video footage, which I do believe they have.

IMO

It's simple enough to say that they received image content from a third party source that is not a trail cam source (because we now know that anyway) and can't reveal that source. That could be the victim's phone, a local hiker or tourist's phone, a nearby resident's camera, or whatever.

I don't think this is about privacy as much as it's about info associated with those images - either more images, or other electronic time stamps/witness statements/physical evidence that connect the pics of him and their time and location with this crime.

Depending on where he was on the trail, when, and how close it was to where they found the victims, and where that places all parties around the 2:07 timeline of Libby's picture, etc., I suspect there's more to why the police aren't talking about image sources.

And sometimes, police don't say squat about anything because if they say one thing, it leads to more questions, and when they don't want to answer them, the public just gets more upset and starts running with wild speculation, which we've already seen. It's a case of 'Those who are talking don't know and those who know aren't talking'.

Yes, they do. I've never seen one post (that I know of), but I've read from other members that known offenders have posted in the past.

Not only that, but there are people who know way too much on some of these boards. One of the creepiest boards of all was the board for the Keddie Murders in the Sierras of California in the 1970's. Mother and family slaughtered in cabin at nighttime. The discussions on the board were all over the place and there was a lot of yelling and pointing figures. Apparently there have been a number of suspects over time.

But the weirdest thing of all is that after you are on that board a while, you get the weirdest feeling not that the killer himself is on the board but that there are people on that board who absolutely know the killer and know that he did it and are not giving him up. A number of other board commenters noted the same thing. It's hard to even say how you get that impression. It's almost psychic. That board was just terrifying. There was this shadow of murder hanging over the thing all the time because of people who knew way too much.

i thought i read somewhere the sun was banned here as a reputable source, i may be wrong but they are known as shall we say a little switch and baity

I would not be surprised if it was, I did not know but I remember the day when the Daily Mail was prohibited here as well and to be honest the DM gets things right more often and more quickly than does our MSM.

No? It was announced on social media.

thanks, got confused for a second, living in Australia and trying to work out IN time through different time zones it can be confusing, i thought they were holding a presser today from the article but that must be tomorrow for you guys, again sorry the timezones just cause so many headaches

they held a press conference to announce a press conference...ok o_O

Maybe there is such wild speculation going on locally, LE just feels the need to hold a press conference to stop the flow of some of the rumor.

thanks, got confused for a second, living in Australia and trying to work out IN time through different time zones it can be confusing, i thought they were holding a presser today from the article but that must be tomorrow for you guys, again sorry the timezones just cause so many headaches

No worries!

Not sure if it has been posted already, but this is the approximate location of the POI on the bridge according to my research. He is traveling in a SE direction:

attachment.php

View of location from NW perspective looking SE:

attachment.php

According to this video:

marker 6:36ff

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

-Nin

Thank you for posting this.

There is a last step-out on the bridge before the bridge ends. The angle of the POI in the photo looks as though the camera may have been in that vicinity. The bridge then goes over Rt 625 and ends in the woods.

Have been researching people who photograph cemeteries and that cemetery right by where the girls were found, a man described the path from the cemetery right down to the creek. So at some point the girls would have had to cross the creek. Is this correct? Where were they supposed to be picked up at? I don't think this was random. The woods are thinned and almost see thru. An outsider wouldn't know the pedestrian traffic patterns on the trails. My thoughts are they were meeting someone below that cemetery. But it wasn't who they thought it was. Guy makes quick getaway via path up to cemetery. One of the girls posted a pic of themselves on a county road. The same road that cemetery is on. So if they hung around there often, was somebody watching them? I have grandkids the same age and am just sick that kids can't go anywhere alone anymore. I was riding my bike all over town at age 7.

If it's on social media, unless it is the victim themselves, or a named suspect, MSM, or LE it is considered rumour here. We can't discuss comments but can point people in the direction with a link and time of post, and initials of poster. ONLY IF it is on a page belonging to a victim, a named suspect, MSM (mainstream media) or police. Sometimes a specific facebook page or group is permitted under the same premise.

IE: We can't link or talk about what is on a member of the publics social media, even if they are family.

Does that make sense? lol Here is a link to the official rules (see social media) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Don't worry about making a mistake, we all do it. I've done it a ton and it took me over a year to even pluck up the balls to post!

:welcome: to what is still the best community on the net :) Another Brit here :wave:

Can ALL of the minors Social Media be posted here? I haven't seen some of them on this site, so I thought that minors SM was off limits even if a victim?

TIA for clarification

So far this profile of a killer is very spot on and I would think it gets even closer as they get someone in cuffs. Great article. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...rs-children-psychology-profiles-child-killers

Thank you...and this part:

"Heide, Beauregard and Myers also report location patterns now play a crucial rule in the way forensic science is used to apprehend culprits. They report studies which conclude that in the majority of cases (72 percent,) the radius from the body recovery site to murder scene is less than 200 feet. The distribution was different when it came to journey from the initial contact setting to the murder site: 31 percent travelled 0–199 feet, whereas 43 percent trekked 1.5–12 miles.

Christine Gregoire an Attorney General from Washington State reports the killers are usually at the initial contact site for legitimate reasons. They either lived in the area or were engaging in some routine. She also reports most child abduction murders are opportunistic. Only in 14 percent of cases was the victim picked out because of some physical characteristic. The initial contact site is within 1/4 mile of the victim’s last known location in 80 percent of cases."

I have a feeling they might name something else after them. Just seems morbid to name a place near where they were murdered after them. JMO.

They did it the case of Elizabeth J. Collins and Lyric R. Cook....

“Trail of Angels”
On February 6, 2013, officials announced that the trail and park at Meyers Lake would be renamed to honor the memory of Lyric and Elizabeth. The trail that runs around the lake is now known as the “Trail of Angels.” The park sitting next to the lake will be known as “Angels’ Park.”

“There is a lot of memorials around the lake and throughout the bike trail in Evansdale,” Jeff Dawson, Chairman of the Evansdale Parks Department told KCRG in a story that aired February 5, 2013. “We thought if you’re riding your bike or walking, it’s a nice way to memorialize people that you don’t want to forget.”

Volunteers thought up the project and put it together through fundraising. According to KCRG, the group hopes to continue raising money to add a few more memorials and additions to the park like a roadway from the land to the island, a gazebo, and possibly a bronze statue.

The city also declared July 13 as “Lyric and Elizabeth Day.”

Maybe there is such wild speculation going on locally, LE just feels the need to hold a press conference to stop the flow of some of the rumor.

I have a feeling that is exactly it. We might be disappointed. LE might just state something that is similar to our own WS rules....knock off with the rumors.

Tell us something we don't know!

jmo

The press conference being tomorrow really has me thinking. There HAS to be a reason to put it off...my head is exploding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok interesting observation based off of Steeles gif. It appears he had to rotate one picture to make them lineup. So people are wondering if this is a trail or security camera. Those would be stationary and the image would not need to be rotated. So it appears this may be from one of the girls phones I am guessing or another person on the bridge. Holding the camera by hand would explain the need to rotate the images to lineup.

His gif:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-4&p=13159484#post13159484

Edit, looks like others have seen this and came to other possible solutions. So hard to catch up.

That, of course, assumes that the police didn't rotate the image in order to better frame the individual. The image is obviously cropped. I just can't tell what else was done to the original.

I had not considered that until I saw the gif, and saw that the outstep and the trees were lined up and the entire gif was cropped to the same area by the OP!!! I was just seeing side by sides last night, and until the gif showed they were turned and lined up.... With the two original LE posts, I thought that the camera must be moving as the angle of the boards were different. But with the trees lined up... it appears that the video is from one spot.

We do have today a person upthread who was stating a public official (of sorts) saying that there are not any trail cams... so I'm sill :duh:

well... kudos to whomever the OP was that did that gif!

:tyou:

I have a feeling that is exactly it. We might be disappointed. LE might just state something that is similar to our own WS rules....knock off with the rumors.

Tell us something we don't know!

jmo

:yes: Sometimes I'm surprised there aren't more defamation suits brought against some of these people who post such horrible things publicly.

Can ALL of the minors Social Media be posted here? I haven't seen some of them on this site, so I thought that minors SM was off limits even if a victim?

TIA for clarification

Mostly, I think it depends on the site and its content. Facebook, twitter, instagram yes. I think ask fm is off limits from memory of other cases. Social media is a fast growing and ever changing platform so it is always best to clarify with a mod if unsure.

He is reaching for a gun. Try reversing the picture order. Look how his right hand moves

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I just don't see it. He is simply walking across the bridge with his hands in his pockets. He isn't, in my opinion, doing anything but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann