IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its important, but I think whatever is on the left side of the screen could reveal where the camera is. Looks like something mechanical. If its a trail cam, I think he's too far away to set it off. Someone else would have had to set it off. I tried to get better detail, but can't tell what it is.
db416ba102f3ebdf83a160b77d987ee1.jpg
7a7f2fee02d6d68416e001787601f651.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Looks like a tall naked slender woman. Wearing a derby.
[emoji46]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cleaned up version:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Adjusted adaptive regional exposure, highlights and shadows. Further lightly boosted the details, resharpened regions, adapted opacity, blurred out background.

-Nin

Attachments

• indiana main work1.jpg
    indiana main work1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 655
  • indiana main work1 copy.jpg
    indiana main work1 copy.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 630
Perhaps this will illustrate it better,
attachment.php

Look at the angle of the cross ties in the inset image compared to the photo taken from the side platform.

How do you get that angle standing on the bridge?

Easy. I am a photographer. Sitting, laying down to get a different perspective, a tilted camera or phone, an attempt at being artsy, etc. etc.

ETA: A selfie-stick that is not being held up/out perfectly straight.....

attachment.php

Look at the angle of the cross ties in the inset image compared to the photo taken from the side platform.

Can you rotate both pictures on to the bridge to match up with the lines to get a correct scope please?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

I don't know anything at all about photography, but wouldn't the position that a person holds their phone in while taking a video, have a bearing on the angle of the video?

Not sure if it has been posted already, but this is the approximate location of the POI on the bridge according to my research. He is traveling in a SE direction:

attachment.php

View of location from NW perspective looking SE:

attachment.php

According to this video:

marker 6:36ff

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

-Nin

The tree behind the person captured is very unique in both screen shots of the video. It has a branch the veers down. Would be easy to get the trajectory of the shot IMHO by LE

So this might be the most obvious stupid question ever but once you cross the bridge is the only way back to cross over the opposite way? There is not a trail below the bridge that returns you to the car park?

The press conference being tomorrow really has me thinking. There HAS to be a reason to put it off...my head is exploding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...........you have an entire community, two bereaved families, and half of the country asking why this killer hasn't been caught yet. It may take a few round table meetings and some quiet whispering behind closed doors to come up with a good answer for that.

Also, if they are planning on releasing a few more breadcrumbs for the public to follow, they have to decide which breadcrumbs those should be. We're all hoping it will be a motion video showing the perp in more detail...............however.........it's probably going to be more along the lines, "we are seeking a heavyset fella' that wears a size 10 shoe." (One crumb at a time now...............)

Thirdly............many many questions are going to be bombarding them from the press corps........................wouldn't you want an extra day to prepare for that onslaught ?

I just got back from the FB group page. Ugh what a mess. They just post anyone's picture and go with it. Thank You Websleuths

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Maybe sitting with legs off the side of the bridge and turning the phone towards the man coming at you?

It's a historic site. The bridge is 130 years old. It would not surprise me that there was a camera somewhere to monitor the bridge. It's practically falling apart. I'm not saying the pictures came from one source or another, I just want to point out there are cameras EVERYWHERE. This man doesn't appear to be the focus of the picture since it's safe to assume this has been significantly zoomed in and cropped. Until LE says something other than video, I'm going to assume their initials comments of video in the area are accurate. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree, and I was convinced it was a deer cam grab, initially.

Then I read a post further back in the thread, and it jogged my memory. I've hiked/jogged/walked/run in many parks over the years. Never once noticed a trail cam.

As an aside, far as park safety is concerned, one park I've run in many times is in Columbia, SC. They had park rangers (city or county), and they would get people off of the trail around sunset. Why? They knew vagrants lived in the park, and as for myself I remember smelling tobacco while running along after sunset. The rangers would grab their ATV's and would urge people to let them drive them back to the parking lot.

That's an extreme case, but it illustrates that while in public parks there can be some vulnerability involved, but enjoying activities in them are at one's own risk. Why? Liability. If a municipality like Delphi puts up cameras, well someone has to monitor those cameras. If something happens, say someone tries to sue the city over something that 'happens' in the park, and it's caught on camera, then somebody could try and ratchet up the situation, and say "well somebody should have been watching the video from those cameras". That may seem petty, but we live in a litigious society. Let your imagination run wild from there.

So a bank has offered to have cams put up in the park. They will have to enter into a contract with the City of Delphi, or whoever is responsible for the park, that way all parties involved are absolved of any liability.

I know a little about this stuff from having helped build a trail in Upstate, NY, a while ago

I don't think you can because the two pictures are from different points of observation so they carry different perspective.

I totally agree----Sad to say, I think they were both dead and gone by the time they were reported missing. :rose: :rose:

As do I. By the time they were reported missing, they were dead and Bridge Guy was long gone. How many times have we heard from LE in other cases that the abducted victim is usually killed within 3 hours of abduction? It is RARE that the victim is kept alive for any longer than this. Even this guy would know that people would come looking for the girls, they may have even told him 'our ride is coming and they are going to be looking for us'. He wasn't going to hang around in the woods until he saw search lights and heard dogs for Pete's sake.

I agree. The GIF shows that he merely took one stride across one gap which is less than 1 second in video, IMO. My guess is that this is the only frame with a facial frontal and the rest is junk.
Also I surmise, because of the quality, he was way in the background of some other subject and zoomed in on by LE.

MOO

I have a phone which can take "video" or "MMS video" as options. MMS video option is very blurry to my friends, as that is the video that goes through my android phone on text (iPhone friends laugh at me, as their videos through texting are normal).

Perhaps a person who is well versed in differences can explain the difference?

I'm with you. I believe them when they say there are no cameras on the trail. I think this was a camera on private property. I just don't believe they have more video to release. I guess we'll see what happens at the presser.

Actually, I'm the one that slapped it together. FWIW, I'm not really convinced either way.

I tend to think that it's a fixed camera somewhere but I think that's the contrarian in me. Most on this site seem to really want to believe that the victim captured the final images that bring the killer to justice. It's a nice thought and all. It's just extremely unlikely.

Cleaned up version:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Adjusted adaptive regional exposure, highlights and shadows. Further lightly boosted the details, resharpened regions, adapted opacity, blurred out background.

-Nin
Hand cuffs in his mouth?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I don't think you can because the two pictures are from different points of observation so they carry different perspective.

to me it looked like the camera was moved across the body between the two stills just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname