IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! That was my very first impression, now not certain, but it was my first thought- it seemed British English or Australian or New England like, Canadian even- somewhat clipped and pronounced " down"
imo, speculation, thoughts for now.

I am Canadian, living in NJ. My accent is constantly mistaken for midwestern. When I listen to that audio file, I don't hear an accent... His pronunciation sounds like a person who wears dentures IMO

On the raw audio, I clearly hear the creep say "Get down the hill" 3 or 4 times. When they tried to do noise reduction, the phase cancellation made it sound like a toilet flush on TV and you couldn't hear him. It's best to use the raw audio.

Except he said Git not get.

It's an audio loop. I think he only said it once. It's awful to hear though, Also, they must have been near the end if there was a hill to "get down"

:wave: Heads up: This thread is closing in 5 minutes.

thread #7 is open for posting. Please start making the move over & finish up with any thoughts you have here. Thanks!

Sounds like it could be anybody at this point. Hopefully LE is starting out with small snipets of this guy with more to come unless somebody gets scared and comes forward.

I think he would tell us about jurisdictional linkage blindness and recidivism.

Here is a post he made 9/2016:
Serial Killers - A Homicide
Common Knowledge
Genesis of a Serial Killer
Victim Selection
Victim Objectification
Denouement
Case Histories

As a serial killer steps away from his base, whatever it may be, to begin the hunt for human prey, it is almost always true that he knows absolutely nothing about the person who is fated to become his victim.

It may be that having no prior knowledge of a future victim further enables the process of that victim's objectification. For as far as he is concerned, his next victim is not even a human being, in the accepted sense. So, well before he ever crosses paths with his next victim, he has already stripped that person of all human meaning and worth; he has unilaterally decreed from afar that the person is deserving of no human consideration whatsoever. Thus, then, in a serial killer's perception of his victims; past and future: that each is nothing more than an object, depersonalized in advance, existing only for himself and his enjoyment, and solely to be seized and used as he sees fit. Moreover, he perceives his unseen prey not just as an object to be used, but as an object unworthy of any consideration, worthy only of extreme contempt, vicious abuse, and ultimate destruction.

To preserve this mentation, a serial killer must lie to himself. He lies as he denies his own "badness" and projects it upon his as-yet free, future victim. He lies as he stands in judgment and pronounces his victim "guilty" for the "crime" of imagining him- or herself a worthy human being.

Making it difficult always for me personally to imagine how there can be two perps for such evil. MOO

They said last night they would be sharing something like we have never seen before. They weren't wrong. I'm still trying to take it all in.

Sounds like the way I talked to my kids when they were little when I was irritated/mad at them. You know, how you talk to someone that you love that is little/young and you don't want to scream at them. Your voice kind of gets that slightly higher pitch to it when there might be people around and you don't want them to see how mad you really are.

Anyone else see a figure?
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,576
Still wondering if they're a father and son team. If the son was on their social media, maybe he would have known where there were going to be, or he could have set up a meeting.

Yes that is what I am thinking.

So, going back. They've had this info from very early on. Again, what made them do such a public search of that residence? Did they play the audio for family members and a voice was recognised as someone who had been around that farm?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes! That was my very first impression, now not certain, but it was my first thought- it seemed British English or Australian or New England like, Canadian even- somewhat clipped and pronounced " down"
imo, speculation, thoughts for now.

Agree I listened without reading here first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could REALLY use the link to the RSO site for Indiana? And how far is Logansport?

This may have been suggested. If so, I'm sorry. The thread is moving too fast for me to keep up! I found an SOS feature on my phone yesterday. If you're in an urgent situation, pressing the power button 3 time will send pictures from the front and rear-facing camera with audio to pre-selected contacts. Maybe Libby's phone had a similar feature that includes video instead of pictures. That would be less obvious than dialing 911. I'd think whoever the contacts were would have acted as soon as they received her SOS, but maybe Abigail was the recipient. Or the contact didn't receive it right away for some reason.

Just a thought. I will say I ignored the feature yesterday. After reading this thread, I've activated it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I didn't know that....I'll have to check mine out. Thank you

attachment.php

10' contours indicate some significant slopes.
attachment.php

arrows pointing up slopes

attachment.php

The audio has me circling back to roughly my original theory that he intercepted them on the bridge or just coming off of it. Now, KNOWING that the video was from Libby's phone, it appears that he took control of them on the bridge. He may have walked pas them since it appears that he he is walking to the South, the same direction of the instagram of Abby and heading in the opposite direction from the side of the creek where Abby was found. I think he could have walked a few feet past them, turned and then directed them back the way he had come from to the North side of the creek. The video is also crucial because it implies that he likely took them to the same side he approached from. I think this is important because he I feel he probably had a reason to go to that side- he knew that side had less houses and that the terrain would give them the ability to hide if need be. He also directed them right off the end of the bridge and not left which would lead me to believe that he was aware of the trail that paralleled the main trail (the trail to the right that the witness said she didn't take) and avoided that side because of the possibility of being interrupted. He took them to the most isolated place available and this indicates to me that he was at least somewhat familiar with the area.

My theory is that he parked in the trees to the rear of the cemetery and made the walk to the bridge. He could have waited in the woods East of the bridge and watched them get out onto the bridge so they would have nowhere to escape. I feel like he could have walked past them pretending to just be someone else on the trail and then ordered them back as soon as he got south of their position. He walked them East and then exited the area via a vehicle at the cemetery and would not have had to go back to the trail anymore. The questions I have here revolve around whether he was seen by others at the park that day. It wouldn't be necessary for him to be on the trails in this scenario risking unnecessary contact.

The drifter angle, which it seems LE is leaning away from makes this all much harder to piece together because it allows for so much more random activity because of the lack of vehicle or means of travel to return to.

Attachments

• Hills along creek.jpg
    Hills along creek.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Creek Area.jpg
    Creek Area.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,294
  • Logan overview.jpg
    Logan overview.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,293
I still here "get down the hill" I know LE said 3 words but I do hear 4. IMO

LOCALS- Is there a way to get out of there fast without going back up to the hill to the road? I would think he/they would not want to walk back to the trail for fear of being seen. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back