IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you suggest we do that when most are hundreds if not thousands of miles away and the only physical information we have to work with are pictures taken at the time odd this crime?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well we can start by not allowing our brains to turn tree limbs and shadows into cars in areas that aren't even vehicle accessible.

I've been on WS for a couple of years now, but very rarely post -- I usually feel like I don't really have anything to contribute, since someone else has almost always already made whatever point comes to my mind. But I feel compelled to post today, even though I have absolutely nothing to contribute toward solving this horrible crime. Seeing the girls' pictures from that day, hearing the perp on audio...it has disturbed me to the point of posting...and I've been disturbed by a lot of things on WS and in life, so that's saying something! I can't stop thinking about what else they probably have on video and/or audio, and it's breaking my heart. I am praying that their loved ones are comforted by the knowledge that the girls are beyond any fear or pain now. And God bless the LE who have to deal with the evil in the world on a daily basis.

The one other thing I will say, in contribution to the discussion, is that I have a teenage daughter who is a very smart, silly, nerd. She is an introvert, but confident in herself. And as much as I have taught her about what to do in a variety of situations, I still think it is very possible that she would comply with whatever this guy said to do. I can imagine countless things that he could have said or done, armed or not, that could have compelled young girls to obey. That being said, I do think it's highly likely that he was armed. I would be surprised if this was the first time he's done something like this, and I think that type of person is probably "ready" at all times. Have LE stated whether they think it was a chance encounter, or premeditated? I know people have discussed that on the threads, but I haven't seen whether LE has actually made a statement about that (I haven't watched the presser myself, yet) and these threads are flying -- hard to catch everything!

Prayers of comfort to all my fellow sleuthers, and for everyone affected by the evil of this case and others. When you see that people are on a thread, but not posting, just know they're probably like me -- nothing constructive to add, but reading, praying, and waiting to add to the conversation when we have something that might help, with a new thought.

How would you suggest we do that when most are hundreds if not thousands of miles away and the only physical information we have to work with are pictures taken at the time odd this crime?

Maybe it would be beneficial to listen to the PC again
Just a suggestion

attachment.php

Thanks for the post Bob I think something similar is likely.

Attachments

• paths.jpg
    paths.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 862
Why does everyone think something happened on the bridge. They got dropped off at 1 and that pic is from 2 o clock. I'm assuming by the 2 pm point the girls realize the guy is following them. Wouldn't you think he would wait until they got back on the path so he can lead them around in the woods.

I agree. I think to attack on the bridge would have been difficult even if he had a gun or other weapon to coerce them. Imagine the perp trying to force two individuals along a planked/raised boardwalk with large gaps to the ground far below. Impossible to watch the victims and feet at the same time not to mention tripping hazards to the perp and his victims.

Why does everyone think something happened on the bridge. They got dropped off at 1 and that pic is from 2 o clock. I'm assuming by the 2 pm point the girls realize the guy is following them. Wouldn't you think he would wait until they got back on the path so he can lead them around in the woods.

Yes and as seeing how the bridge was open very soon. What could of actually happened on the bridge.

As he's coming back they decide to leave as well I think he very quickly catches up garnering their attention in one way or another. Then he's set his trap he knows where he's leading them. IMO

Looking at it again, there may even be a car in front of the van. And the van's front tires look to be slanted a bit to the right like maybe the road they are on veers to the right or they are on a curve. It is a medium color van, like a brown or tan will possibly one thick stripe or a few stripes horizontantly

Please provide a diagram of how the car got under the bridge.

For the billionth time, he does not say "get" in the clip. LE said 3 word, "Down The Hill". That's it, all they released.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Good morning all <puff puff> I'm out of breath trying to catch up. I missed the pc and want to thank y'all for posting. :loveyou:

I was gobsmacked to hear about the audio/video from Liberty's phone! Good girl! I bow to the many posters who speculated that the girls managed to record the perp - it was right on! The only other instance of a crime being recorded on a cell phone that I know of is poor baby Chance Walsh being beaten to death by his father. Maybe we will see more and more of this kind of evidence.

That recording makes my skin crawl. Ugh. FWIW I only hear "down the hill." There may be a millisecond of the end of the prior word, maybe "get" that tries to fool the brain into making it a whole word, I don't know. I'm not sure though why LE wouldn't just add it in since it's not likely to give anything away. ?? It makes me wonder if that word is something else altogether.

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

Anyway, I'm going back to try and catch up - keep up the good work websleuthers!

FBI guy in pressor said their profilers want people to think about someone who may have shaved their beard. So I guess that means they think the guy on the bridge had a beard which answers a question.

What's weird is I had only seen one reference to his having a beard; at the time it confused the heck out of me. I still don't understand why more wasn't released about it since it would be easily noticed if someone you knew suddenly got rid of his beard. Maybe it was mentioned in other msm but I sure didn't see it.

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-pursue-tips-as-community-says-goodbye

Exactly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looking at it again, there may even be a car in front of the van. And the van's front tires look to be slanted a bit to the right like maybe the road they are on veers to the right or they are on a curve. It is a medium color van, like a brown or tan will possibly one thick stripe or a few stripes horizontantly

Or rocks, dirt and trees...

I Think the perp was following them. He might have seen them get dropped off. moo

We're all trying to piece it together. I don't think anyone feels super firm about their theories yet....still working on them.

jmopinion, subject to change.

In regards to pinpointing an accent I see it as almost useless information and here is why IMO I grew up in North America, I lived all over the USA and Canada I then moved overseas where I still live and have for 16 years, I have yet to meet a single person who can identify my accent and that is for a bunch of reasons I have a mix of so many but I also know I have what has been called a non regional accent.

I have been asked if I am Australian, French, South African and Canadian almost never American even though I spent a good part of my childhood in America. I think what is key with the sound clip is someone will recognise the voice. It may seem like a million people you knows voice but I know that when I hear my husbands voice or siblings I instantly recognise it.

JMO

Come on Justice for Libby and Abby!

'Down the hill' could be part of a lot of possibilities. Most believe it is an order, but it could also be part of a question or statement. Meaning, he could be saying 'I have it down the hill' 'she went down the hill' 'I parked down the hill' . Did you see him go down the hill' Possibly they were meeting someone to buy beer/pot or for any number of reason. Maybe the old lost dog/lost child scenario was playing itself out, Liberty was not fully trusting this guy and starting recording.

No question, the families searched.
My question, did family and/or LE check Libby's online/cloud account BEFORE LE stopped search for the night?

I would guess not...however...I don't even know how to check my cloud account. To me, its relatively new technology. I really don't want anything to do with the cloud...creepy to think everything is out there on the "cloud" (whatever the heck that is)...however....its awesome that Libby was able to record so much.

This case makes me want to update my phone. I don't think my phone would be able to record much without running out of memory....I just don't think its a reliable, quality phone at this point.

As for the posters analyzing where the perp could be from....I'm from west central Ohio, and I think he sounds like anyone here.

I am so baffled by you folks who are seeing cars, vans, people maybe sitting, he wearing dark, she a white shirt. <mod snip>

I didn't see a van. I ran the pic through lghtroom and cleaned it up some. Not posting here to avoid controversy. I emailed it to the tipline. For all I know it could be some kind of kids riding toy. I'm not sure of distance and height ratio of the bridge. I'm sorry if I upset anyone by making the observation. I'll delete posts to avoid any more issues.

The bridge is where both a victim and the suspect are known to have been on a similar timeline, and both images were captured by the other victim. By the time he was on that bridge, he was after those girls, and Libby seems to have known that. It appears to me, though I don't know if I fully grasp the directions in relation to where they were on the bridge and where they were found, that the crime was unfolding on the bridge, even if it was him just walking in their direction.

I would suggest that as much as everyone would like to contribute, that is just not a realistic possibility. Hopefully, sleuths who live in the area will be able to discuss the case here and help get swift justice for these girls. I know that this site has aided LE solve crimes in the past and I am really hopeful that WS can be a positive resource for LE in this case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson