IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting in thread 3 or so I have simply scrolled past repeated discussions of hats, jeans, fanny packs, poles, obituaries, and the like. That's the only solution I know.

Right there with you! It's the best way to deal with it but it is frustrating to see the same post over and over and over. We should only be on about thread #3. I.M.O.

I'd like to make a suggestion if people don't mind.

If there is a topic being hashed and rehashed, I would suggest to those who disagree ... Stop responding. When the responses stop the discussion stops.
I have seen it in many popular or high profile cases. There have been discussions in this case on other topics that we are not seeing anymore, thankfully.

Scroll and Roll works and keeps the anxiety down.

Also review this forum:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?91915-Dealing-with-your-fellow-posters

HTH

( or S&R )

:cow:

<modsnip>

LE has NOT stated definitively either way.

All they have said are a few things that "appears" to be what he's wearing / true of his description.

Not definitively that he "is" - and not that he's NOT wearing anything else.

If you want to take that to mean he's not wearing a hat definitively, that's fine. It doesn't state that.

And if you want to say he's ONLY wearing what the description states it "appears" to depict him wearing, then you'd have to say he's barefoot also since they didn't include footwear.

Obviously that's not the case, though...LE just hasn't stated details they've determined about anything beyond the most outward things in his clothing that it "appears" he's depicted wearing.

But he's obviously got more than jeans, a coat/jacket, and a hoodie on - things perhaps slightly less apparent that they've not determined all the details on (like other layers of shirts/things under the jacket, perhaps more outwear like a scarf, footwear, perhaps additional headwear - there's obviously no real physical description of his features in this either - that doesn't mean they don't have that.

It's not intended to be a "he only has on 3 items of clothing" period statement IMO.

The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german

Some killers like to re-visit crime scenes. Perhaps police got a tip that someone resembling the photo was spotted at the scene.

Possible, but I would think in that case they would have had the SWAT team surrounding the park and all the rest.

New here, and coming out from behind the curtain! I am desperately trying to be super responsible and follow the rules and suggestions in regards to reading all the posts before commenting. I believe this crime will be solved before I get all of this read. A lot of repeat stuff.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

New here, and coming out from behind the curtain! I am desperately trying to be super responsible and follow the rules and suggestions in regards to reading all the posts before commenting. I believe this crime will be solved before I get all of this read. A lot of repeat stuff.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

:welcome: MedicDetective!

I often find errors in daily mail articles. I would be apprehensive to fully believe anything that is said on that website.

I agree with you - I often find that they have great pics though, more than I can find in other places, but that is just me.

Still have nightmares from the overhead video...

...but I get the same feeling from this case. Like the evil is trying to crawl out of the computer screen and crawl over me.

I was reading in bed last night. I kept hearing "Down the hill" and was seeing scary shapes out the corner of my eye, I have a BB-8 night light which gives off an orange glow. It was so spooky! And thanks to Doris (the storm) the wind out was howling and battering the tree against my window.

Maybe the internet being off today is a good thing in retrospect. Although I am watching ID 'Murder on CCTV' ....

I'm definitely not trying to be rude, but the dailymail is not known for it's outstanding journalism. They're called the "dailyfail" elsewhere and some sites won't even let you link to them. I'd take what they're saying with a grain of salt-just so you know.

Agreed, I still read them though...

So can anyone confirm or provide better speculation about the wellies that were pictured in the bag yesterday? Were they related to the bomb scare, or are they being considered as related to this case?

I think whether it's a hat or not is irrelevant. I doubt he still has these clothes (and hat if there was one) they will be long gone. I think this image was released in case someone in that area saw a man dressed like this in the time frame.. not if they know anyone who might dress like this or may or may not wear a hat.

The problem with this case at the moment for me is they have plucked two things out of context. I.e the picture and the audio clip and they are asking people to match them. Its not likely to happen IMO because the image is too grainy and the audio (although absolutely an amazing catch by libby) could be one of a hundred thousand men in that area.

It's not enough.

We dont know enough about the events of that day (and for good reason most likely) to be able to place these two events in context.
We have no time of death (not cause, time)
We have no idea if abby or libby mention the POI on the recording so we are guessing whether they may or may not have known him.
We have no access to their social media other than what is made public. So again we are guessing that they were lured there.

In fact if you think about it we know very little.

Now this is my personal opinion, but I absolutely believe he has done this before, and will again. He was brave (for want of a better word) to lure or take these two girls from a quite public place and kill them and then disappear with no trace, other than the amazing audio. That doesnt say to me that this man is a novice.

I think we have to concentrate on what LE have told us and try and get this off the streets, because I for one don't want to read he has struck again while we are arguing over a hat. (or lack of one)

In the last quote where the Detective says the BG was looking down, not even paying attention... if you replay the gif that someone made on one of the previous threads and use the photo with his foot up as the first photo and his foot down as the second, he looks up - directly at the camera. The first time I saw it, it surprised me - I didn't expect to see that. My interpretation anyway.

Hi, first time poster. I think that the evidence they have released might be the best they have. LE said that the photo was a still from the video. That is why the quality is so bad. Why not release a short clip of the video(like they did with the audio) so we get a clearer pic? There is a lot of editing they can do if they need to crop or eliminate noises etc, but still have clear video of the guy. Unfortunately, I think this might be all they have and are trying to make the guy very nervous by playing it close to the vest. JMO

I think we should stray away from the jeans and concentrate more on the hoodie and jacket. MOO it looks like the hood is the same color as the flannel underneath the blue jacket. I think that's kind of rare, usually the hood is gray or blck. I googled "rust colored flannel hoodie" and came across Dakota Grizzly Flannel Fleece-lined Hooded Jacket sold by Sportsman's Guide that I think looks similar. I would think other stores would sell them also.JMO

I have seen many people wear a blue jacket like that also. Quite often it seems like they have a logo or company on the back, from the ones I remember they were a car dealership.

I wish we could know why they went back to the crime scene today. I just cant imagine why they would need so many cars.

So can anyone confirm or provide better speculation about the wellies that were pictured in the bag yesterday? Were they related to the bomb scare, or are they being considered as related to this case?

The only place any speculation of them being related to ANYTHING (one another - the boots to the factory/bomb scare OR to this case) came from WS.

LE has said there is NO correlation between the bomb scare at the plant and the case and that there has been another earlier this past year.

LE has also said the boots were simply for analysis (like hordes of other things taken in thus far) and NOT considered any sort of key evidence to the case.

Nor was there any indication they (boots) were at all related to the factory / bomb scare.

That was ALL due to speculation here on WS and people not reading back before commenting / posting and jumping off on speculation posts or trying to make things out of small possible crumb trails only.

Everything from LE and the media has indicated against it.

I wish we could know why they went back to the crime scene today. I just cant imagine why they would need so many cars.

Security perhaps. We usually see several cars going and coming from many crime scenes.

Have the families spoke to the media yet? I don't think they have if I recall. :thinking:

I continue to look at one RSO in Delphi (have for days) so today I search his name and find 2 more pics of him. All mugshots. In the original mugshot that I saw he was wearing a hoodie with a jacket (or sweater) over top. Although his bang area is shorter in these pictures it is very possible it has grown out. If his hair did grow out I suspect it would look like the pic we see of BG. In the last picture I found his hair is kinda shaved. It's from a Sept 29, 2015 article by JConline (newspaper). It has 90 shares. The title of the article is Sex offender charged for not registering. He was charged for a felony in that case. How long do you get for that? Is it possible for this guy to be out by now if he had to serve time? In 2015 he was living in Lafayette.

ETA: He also has a mustache and small gotee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member