IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask awhile back and tried to see if it was answered, perhaps it was and I missed it. But does anyone know if the cemetery is more of a rundown one or more of a newer one? The reason I ask, I am wondering if he was able to use this as a way to convince the girls to at least get off the bridge and walk that way by saying the cemetery had really cool camera shots etc. and then that's when his opportunity was presented. The girls not necessarily scared of him, but not fond of him, just willing to walk that way to get the pics. Maybe introduce themselves as they are walking small chit chat and then they start feeling really scared and that's when Libby starts recording etc.? maybe the initial pics on the bridge were her saying hey this is the man who took us to the cemetery to show us all of the pretty headstones and whatnot, when they got back to her sister. Which might be why they weren't scared at first. It's the only way I can rationalize how the girls might have let their guards down some.

Re BBM

At 1:22 in the news video you can see the cemetary pretty good in this footage.

Its good thinking about the cemetary may have been used as a lure.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/delphi-...very-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/

Any estimates on how long it might take to walk from the bridge to where the bodies were found? Has this been discussed before and I missed it ?! It probably has :( (My mind kinda' shuts down after a billion posts on dad jeans, bigfoot in the background, and hat or no hat... sorry)

I shudder just thinking about it, but if the audio was good enough on the phone, from the bridge to the spot where they were murdered, LE might know not only the time it took, but also how many steps Libby took.

My guess is the distance is under 1/4 mile, easily made, even with the obstacles, in 7-8 minutes.

I ask awhile back and tried to see if it was answered, perhaps it was and I missed it. But does anyone know if the cemetery is more of a rundown one or more of a newer one? The reason I ask, I am wondering if he was able to use this as a way to convince the girls to at least get off the bridge and walk that way by saying the cemetery had really cool camera shots etc. and then that's when his opportunity was presented. The girls not necessarily scared of him, but not fond of him, just willing to walk that way to get the pics. Maybe introduce themselves as they are walking small chit chat and then they start feeling really scared and that's when Libby starts recording etc.? maybe the initial pics on the bridge were her saying hey this is the man who took us to the cemetery to show us all of the pretty headstones and whatnot, when they got back to her sister. Which might be why they weren't scared at first. It's the only way I can rationalize how the girls might have let their guards down some.

I find it hard to believe that these girls would have followed someone through the woods / this terrain to a cemetery - not a stranger - no way

I dont know why, but every time i look at this guy i picture a monster like dennis rader. Family man middle aged, looks calm and calculating and extremely evil...........................

Ok. Levi's STILL makes comfort fit and relaxed fit men's jeans. So all this stuff about them being old, from the '90's etc., just makes no sense.

I bet Wrangler makes the same fit too.

Just go look at Macy's and search men's jeans.

He could have gotten these for Christmas for all we know!
Yes! My husband gets his Dad pants at Modells[emoji4] . Called "Relaxed" fit. I hate them, but whatever.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is the cemetery called Morning Heights? If so it is active, with burials at least as recent as 2016.

An inverse of the snapchat as requested. Just makes it more clear that there's nothing there in my eyes. I don't want to encourage beating a dead horse or anything but I haven't seen an inverse of this photo yet. I wish I knew how to post photos on WS without huge quality loss.

Hahahahaha, don't you love when the power on your block goes out right when you're uploading something? And when you hear the last dying beep on your cellphone in the silence? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

attachment.php

Attachments

• inversesnap.jpg
    inversesnap.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 611
Do you have a link for this information?

Liberty German's grandfather, Mike Patty, said the girls phones were "pinging around town".
Since the girls weren't in town, did the perp take their phones with him into town after the murders?

"The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing.
“Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.”"
http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

No. Just NO! The girls did not catch him at a bad time. He was waiting for them and he was prepared. There is not one thing about this crime that suggests the disorganized mind of a schizophrenic. IMO.

Add the fact that he had the presence of mind to hide the bodies in the woods (assuming that is what he did) certainly leads to an organized killer.He appears to have been able to approach via a "con" as opposed to a surprise or blitz. His nonchalant approach seems not to have caused the girls any distress until he reached them.

An inverse of the snapchat as requested. Just makes it more clear that there's nothing there in my eyes. I don't want to encourage beating a dead horse or anything but I haven't seen an inverse of this photo yet. I wish I knew how to post photos on WS without huge quality loss.

Hahahahaha, don't you love when the power on your block goes out right when you're uploading something? And when you hear the last dying beep on your cellphone in the silence? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

attachment.php

Is there one that you can inverse where it was a blow up of something behind the tree ..
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58a5dbc4e4b045cd34bf7443

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any estimates on how long it might take to walk from the bridge to where the bodies were found? Has this been discussed before and I missed it ?! It probably has :( (My mind kinda' shuts down after a billion posts on dad jeans, bigfoot in the background, and hat or no hat... sorry)

I've seen articles that say a mile and three fourths of a mile, obviously over rough terrain.

Liberty German's grandfather, Mike Patty, said the girls phones were "pinging around town".
Since the girls weren't in town, did the perp take their phones with him into town after the murders?

"The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing.
“Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.”"
http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/[/QUOTe

From what i have seen, there are 3 cell towers that form a triangle in delphi and the bridge is on the outer edge of that signal triangle. My opinion and my opinion only is that the phone was pinging btwn the two that were closest to the bridge.

It's doubtful that Delphi has enough cell towers to be able to determine any sort of vague area that a phone will be pinging in. Libby's phone was pinging "around town" just like everyone else who's sitting at home having dinner or watching football. JMO. All that "pinging around town" likely means is that the phones were on...

I actually took the picture the police have posted and one of the sex offenders in Delpi and overlapped them. Its jaw dropping. I sent it in today. I tried to post it here but the file is too large

If it was a registered Sex Offender, I would think a DNA match would have already been made?

Time is the enemy now.

I am quite certain that LE are being inundated with tips. The problem is they need to sort through it all and investigate them. It takes time. It is quite possible that they already have the guy on a list and don't know it yet.

I am sure that any and all CCTV in and out and around Delphi is being examined. Again, it takes time.

This guy is ordinary. He fits into the landscape. We think he's from Indiana because of his voice, his clothes tell us he could be a rural guy or not. He's somewhat middle aged we think. We all know guys who dress like him. He blends in and that makes it really difficult because he could be anyone.

IMO I really think this guy is local. He knows the trails and may even use them frequently. He's probably trying to keep it all together right now and just BE NORMAL.

I have several friends who are LE. They have told me over and over again, that they solve more cases because a woman in a relationship or close to the perp comes forward. They are the ones who notice the slight changes but they question themselves and feel guilty about suspecting their significant other before they come forward. They need time to convince themselves.

Time....it's all about time right now.

MOO

Good insight, thank you Tealgrove.

bbm
That's why it is so important that LE does these press conferences, even if they have nothing new to share, but it might help someone to overcome this hesitance.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

Is there a time they went missing? I know they were on snapchat at 2pm but I think I saw something regarding a post on FB (Can i mention that?) by a family member saying they had been out of touch for about 3 hours around 6-something pm? That would put them closer to 3-something pm

Yes! My husband gets his Dad pants at Modells[emoji4] . Called "Relaxed" fit. I hate them, but whatever.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hubby is 51 and son is 29. Both wear baggier pants. They have their conceal and carry permits. Baggy pants makes it easier to carry in their opinions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No. Just NO! The girls did not catch him at a bad time. He was waiting for them and he was prepared. There is not one thing about this crime that suggests the disorganized mind of a schizophrenic. IMO.

You mean like allowing himself to be videoed and then possibly not getting the victim's phone? I'd say he at least flunked SK 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak