IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a time they went missing? I know they were on snapchat at 2pm but I think I saw something regarding a post on FB (Can i mention that?) by a family member saying they had been out of touch for about 3 hours around 6-something pm? That would put them closer to 3-something pm

They were supposed to be picked up between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. They were reported missing 5:30 pm I believe.

Liberty German's grandfather, Mike Patty, said the girls phones were "pinging around town".
Since the girls weren't in town, did the perp take their phones with him into town after the murders?

"The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing.
“Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.”"
http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

From what i have seen, there are 3 cell towers that form a triangle in delphi and the bridge is on the outer edge of that signal triangle. My opinion and my opinion only is that the phone was pinging btwn the two that were closest to the bridge.

carbuff said something similar in the first thread (post 207) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Liberty-German-13-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-1/page14

One other thing.....he will stop wearing those clothes. The jacket will disappear, the jeans, the hoodie. Gone. If this was his usual go to outfit, people will notice a new jacket, jeans, whatever. Friends and family have to be able to have click that something has changed and question it. That's where it gets tough.

What if that baggie jeans, jacket, hoodie was just a disguise to blend in.

One thing that I keep seeing over n over. The obit dates.

Do some really actually believe they got together and decided you take this date we'll take this date??? Really??

Most of you know drifters aren't usually upstanding citizens who just decide to start committing double homicides after the age of 40ish.

Drifters usually have a decent little paper trail that follows them along by the age most are guessing.

Their is a reason this guy isn't in the system and it's not because he hasn't committed similar crimes or expunged his own records lol. I'm gonna say because he's walked the line most of his life. He's not a drifter if you(catch my drift)

I'm willing to bet even the fish swimming in ponds around town know the dates.

If this isn't a typo then it give the rumors some truth about obit dates.

All in moo of course

I do hope LE gathered all possible evidence from the crime scene today... thunderstorms and high winds look pretty serious for Indiana (as well here in Kentucky) tomorrow. (It's always a bit exciting and scary when I start checking the TOR:CON index)

If it was a registered Sex Offender, I would think a DNA match would have already been made?

This is what I think, surely they have DNA on the sex offenders that have been in the system.

Any estimates on how long it might take to walk from the bridge to where the bodies were found? Has this been discussed before and I missed it ?! It probably has :( (My mind kinda' shuts down after a billion posts on dad jeans, bigfoot in the background, and hat or no hat... sorry)

It was 1/4 mile or so from the bridge, through the brush. Probably around 10 minutes +/-.

Is there one that you can inverse where it was a blow up of something behind the tree ..
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58a5dbc4e4b045cd34bf7443

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure thing. I can link to these raw photos on request as uploading it here degrades the quality.
ETA: My conclusion = shadows

attachment.php

Attachments

• figure.png
    figure.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 860
do we know, is the DNA back yet?

They have not released DNA information, other than to say, they had asked people whom they had interviewed to willingly submit it. In regards to how fast DNA can be processed, in the Karina Vetrano case, the suspect willingly gave DNA on a Saturday and I believe they had results and made the arrest on Tuesday. ( 2 to 3 days for fast track results)

I meant do they have the DNA cross reference back?

Any estimates on how long it might take to walk from the bridge to where the bodies were found? Has this been discussed before and I missed it ?! It probably has :( (My mind kinda' shuts down after a billion posts on dad jeans, bigfoot in the background, and hat or no hat... sorry)
According to news reports I've seen, they were found 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile upstream from the bridge. I'm guessing he was walking them as fast as he could get them to go, but it was rough terrain. I would imagine something along the lines of 4ish mph would be pretty fast considering the circumstances. (avg for a human over normal ground is 3.1), so a half mile would take about, I'm guessing a very minimum of 7:30 to 11:15 for a .75 miles. Again, the terrain is rough and he was having to force 2 girls in the direction he wanted to go. The first few hundred feet was up a slight hill and then there was a steep drainage ditch and more rough terrain.

Even walking deliberately and directly where he wanted them to go, it could have taken a considerable amount of time.

This is making the assumption that they were walked from the bridge to where they were found and that the news reports of .5 - .75 miles upstream were accurate.

Hubby is 51 and son is 29. Both wear baggier pants. They have their conceal and carry permits. Baggy pants makes it easier to carry in their opinions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Are you saying they are carrying concealed guns under their jeans????

You mean like allowing himself to be videoed and then possibly not getting the victim's phone? I'd say he at least flunked SK 101

My personal theory is that this man probably spent some time in prison and hasn't been out for long. Cell phone technology has come along way in the past 8 to 10 years. Maybe that's why he wasn't at the top of the class SK101.

I think he is probably killed before. Most first timers wouldn't go for two girls at once in a place where anybody could come walking along.

It can take a long long time for DNA results to come back. In the city where I live we've waited up to nine months for murder case. his prints in DNA may be on file somewhere in the system but if the police don't have any prints and the DNA isn't back there's no way to track him with that.

I dont know why, but every time i look at this guy i picture a monster like dennis rader. Family man middle aged, looks calm and calculating and extremely evil...........................

I wonder if the Bridge Guy could be someone like Rader, too. At first I thought - can't believe I thought this now- but I thought Bridge Guy might be mad his picture was taken and overreacted toward the girls. After hearing the voice, I hear someone in control. Rader went on hunts for potential victims but didn't always succeed. Bridge Guy may have done similar hunts. I look at the picture and after the presser look at it in a different light- I now see the mid section of his jacket hiding something, perhaps a "kit." I lean toward random encounter, meaning the girls did not know him at all. He very well may have been stalking them from when they were first dropped off for their hike. If so, this guy has serious issues and may have had some practice attempts in the past. A victim might recognize his picture and voice! Glad they are fast tracking the DNA tests.

I'm starting to think that we are giving the perp way too much credit with some of the theories. I'm thinking it's more likely that he is just a drifter who is mentally disturbed. A paranoid, psychotic, schizophrenic, he hides out in rural areas like this. The girls unfortunately caught him during one of his psychotic episodes. His reason for murder may have been as simple as the girls were part of the "conspiracy" against him. He may not remember or full comprehend the crime. He may also still be in the general area unaware that anyone is even looking for him. I think this will lead to him being found sooner than later. A lot of things don't make a lot of sense to me on this crime and point to someone not playing with a full deck.
I mean this with no disrespect, but <modsnip>These types of stereotypes are incredibly hurtful. I'd like you to understand that the most harm a "typical" schizophrenic will do is to themselves. You can believe what you wish to believe, but please be mindful that schizophrenics just... don't act that way. Real life =/= fictional depictions of mental illness. If this were a movie, your theory would have credence. Schizophrenics aren't scary people, I promise.

They have not released DNA information, other than to say, they had asked people whom they had interviewed to willingly submit it. In regards to how fast DNA can be processed, in the Karina Vetrano case, the suspect willingly gave DNA on a Saturday and I believe they had results and made the arrest on Tuesday. ( 2 to 3 days for fast track results)

So he did leave DNA on the girls. Yay! I'm assuming it's not a local or he'd be recognized by now. Always thought he was a drifter/bum and wanted to rob them. He's long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans