IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had one recently as well....they've had a lot of problems there
I bet the last bomb threat didn't involve the FBI and a helicopter.

I bet this one wasn't handled like the prior one...at all.

I don't follow cases often, so excuse my ignorance. Is the reason this creep is now on FBI most wanted because it's children who were killed, or because they think he's high risk to strike again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A couple of reasons to make the FBI most wanted list.
Is this person a serious danger to society? Does he have a long history of serious criminal behavior?
Would the publicity offered by a position on the Ten Most Wanted list provide a much better chance of catching this person? The list is intended to provide tremendous publicity to aid in catching a fugitive who might otherwise remain obscure and unrecognizable.

Common,
I'm not saying I'm positive. Nor am I speculating on a particular contextual narrative. It is just my professional opinion about the latent emotional tone behind the words.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/
DNA evidence recovered in Delphi murder investigation

Posted 10:18 PM, February 23, 2017,
“It can be items found at the crime scene such as a cigarette butt, or a bottle, or a cup or a straw,” said Dr. Bush, “or it can be bodily fluids if there’s some kind of assault.”
Dr. Bush is the laboratory director for Strand Diagnostics, an FBI-accredited facility that often assists law enforcement, although they’re not working on the Delphi case.
“You can generally get a good profile if you’ve got at least 30-35 human cells,” said Bush.
It can sometimes take two days to a week to generate a DNA profile from evidence, if not longer.
“But if you are fast-tracking it…if it’s a case that’s got some urgency to it, it can be done in a couple of days,” said Bush.

A best-case scenario would be if the profile from the crime scene matches with a suspect who’s profile is already on record.

Hello, I'm new to the site. I have been following the posts in their entirety so I'm up to speed.

I am a trained psychoanalyst, in practice over 35 years. Perhaps my unique training can be of help.

What strikes most is the voice recording of "down the hill". The voice conveys barely hidden excitement, as if one was presenting a special gift to a birthday girl.

Welcome!
You have better ears than me. I don't even hear much difference between the "slow" version, or the fast one, (if any!). Three quick words... I don't even hear, "git", or "get" that some people hear. I heard a partial word first, sounded like "(J ?) ust down the hill", or "It's down the hill" to me.

I can imagine he was excited, I've heard that SK's are usually pumped when they make their move. But I don't hear anything of particular value in finding this guy.

Re: clothing.

Those of us in rural areas often don't have access to a mall within reasonable driving distance. What we do have is access to stores that sell everything we need. Places like Rural King, Big R, Tractor Supply, etc. You can buy candy, an air compressor, a new rifle, animal feed, a new battery for your mower, and a new wardrobe for work. Then you run over to whatever big grocery store they have in that town to stock up on essentials that aren't sold at your small town grocer. Big R doesn't supply the latest trends in clothes. The wardrobe dept. looks like the county fair threw up. Cowboy hats and cowboy boots, Wranglers and flannels. You don't spend $80 on jeans to wear to a construction site, factory, hopping barbwire fences, mucking stalls, etc.

The rest of your wardrobe/hat collection comes from old/current jobs and local company giveaways. I don't think I've ever purchased a ball cap in my life, yet I wear a hat every day at work.

Also, I think it's best that we leave the hat option open. For one, I know people like my husband who live in a ball cap. He wore one until 5 minutes before our wedding and had it back on at the reception. He puts it on the minute he towels off out of the shower and slips it off right before bed and I think he'd actually sleep in it if I'd let him.

I just don't want to see anyone rule out a suspect for any reason, even something so stupid as whether or not he was wearing a hat. The same reason I get irritated reading headlines about BG's "deep" voice. Someone may think the voice sounds familiar, but might write it off because the person she knows doesn't have a "deep" voice and maybe her speakers aren't producing the correct pitch. These things might seem irrelevant to some, but to someone who's not quite sure whether to call in or not, it might be enough to tip the scales in the wrong direction. 3900 tips and no arrest yet. We don't know if they have the tip that will solve this yet. Someone out there knows this guy and someone may be hesitating to call for any number of reasons.
"Like the county fair threw up." Thank you for that comic relief because this is difficult.

I printed out the FBI's flier for my husband to put up at work (he is a diesel mechanic) and I have to say that I wish they would have made the girls' pictures smaller and BG's bigger. It is so hard to see much in the tiny image they put on there.

i got abducted twice (once i knew the dude got too close an he grabbed my long hair, pulled me in car, he had a gun, i was speechless he drove to vacant lot, somebody phoned cops, i said nothing, but opened door and ran) second time white van pulled over passenger got out grabbed me, i had steeltoe boots, just started kicking the van, not the guy, i was denting the van, driver said let her go she crazy. If i had been with another person i would not have reacted the same way. (i was 15) and unless you are dead it's just a story

Bless your heart. So terrible. Thanks that you are here now.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet.

I haven't seen it, sorry if it's a repeat.

Liberty's Twitter. She lists her KIK username and other SM as well. May be useful.

https://twitter.com/libby1227?lang=en

ETA: Has anyone PIPL'd all her usernames??

Bob, your images are superb.

jMO

The route I cite is shorter, and lines up with where the initial contact happened. BG pulls out a weapon (probably a gun), closes his distance, and some of the first words he says are "down the hill". To me, it means the steep hill/embankment, where the bridge is anchored at the near end of rhe bridge in those images.

Yours and others' theories are perfectly plausible, but they would have had to cross the bridge, again. Too risky.
Thank you. I spend a lot of time looking at land for best ingress/egress, storm drainage, paths of travel, sight lines, etc. for work and that is why this case got my attention so quickly. This took place in a very dynamic location that immediately grabbed my attention as being incredibly bold and improbable in the daylight with TWO victims and other people in the area. On top of that, the girls pictures looked like it could be any kid in your neighborhood.

I would really like to have some more specific details as to locations. I felt that they were actually a bit closer to the north end of the bridge than the south when the picture of Abby was taken, but roughly to the middle. She was facing toward the south end in that picture and Libby's picture of the bridge was looking south. I also feel like the photo of BG was of him moving north to south. These are my guesses based on shadowing and time of day as well as the backgrounds.

There was a new member on here who posted information about truck stops and truckers in the Indiana region.

If anyone can recall who that was, please let me know. That is an area that needs to be explored in this case.

I need help from locals.

Thank-you.W

WG

That would be me. I'm not a local but there are at least 2 trucking companies in Delphi. Smaller companies. Most of the trucks on the road now run with the Qualcom system. I don't know if you are familiar with it. Its more efficient to keep up with the trucker's logs than paper logs. Times, miles, stop etc can't be fudged like on paper logs. It also knows where the truck is at all times. Most drivers have fuel cards, cards for the big chain truck stops. There are still a lot of smaller mom and pops but fuel cards are the way they pay. There is always a paper trail.

From the pictures I've seen of the bridge, I can't picture anyone running on it. The planks are far apart and inconsistent with rot and deterioration.

Video on phones doesn't usually yield as high resolution as photos and it autofocuses as well. If she were pretending to take a selfie as he was approaching to try to get her picture, the phone would either focus on her or him, but not both. The photo of him is definitely cropped from a video.

I really believe she got him on camera because they were nervous as he came out on the bridge. I think they were uneasy by his presence and quietly hoped he'd just keep walking by. There is just so much we don't know that LE definitely does know.

I'm with you on this Bob. Being from rural IN myself, I can look back on situations where I've felt someone is off, and I get nervous, but I wait for them to pass by rather than acting.

I still also go back to the fact that the bridge and trails are not widely known outside of the area and in reality, you have to specifically be going to Carroll County to end up in Carroll County. It's corn and pigs, and that's about it.

I've given up on trying to read every post, this thread moves so fast it makes me dizzy. I think pretty much everything has already been said about most issues that have been discussed so far so I thought I'd try something else. To start with, I wanted to figure out how they ended up back on the other side of the bridge when they were already on that side and BG was walking across the bridge in their direction.

My thoughts on it are that he saw them over there (maybe as the friends were leaving), and he crossed the bridge to get to them. When he got to the other side, the girls moved out of his way and he walked past them. He started walking around a bit to see if there was anyone else over there, and they felt uncomfortable enough to start heading back across. He followed them across the bridge and made his move once they were back on solid ground. I think Liberty had put her phone in her pocket while crossing the bridge, and started recording shortly after they headed for the place where they were found. Anyone have a different idea?

MOO

Well,Good night everyone.I pray they find Abby and Libby's killer soon.I hope when I wake up tomorrow there will be an arrest.

I live by dyer indiana by border of indiana and ive never heard of the trail i personally go about an hour out of way just to go to new trails.... in my opinion a local but could be from different town close by ...

Thank you. I spend a lot of time looking at land for best ingress/egress, storm drainage, paths of travel, sight lines, etc. for work and that is why this case got my attention so quickly. This took place in a very dynamic location that immediately grabbed my attention as being incredibly bold and improbable in the daylight with TWO victims and other people in the area. On top of that, the girls pictures looked like it could be any kid in your neighborhood.

I would really like to have some more specific details as to locations. I felt that they were actually a bit closer to the north end of the bridge than the south when the picture of Abby was taken, but roughly to the middle. She was facing toward the south end in that picture and Libby's picture of the bridge was looking south. I also feel like the photo of BG was of him moving north to south. These are my guesses based on shadowing and time of day as well as the backgrounds.

Would the trail map and trail descriptions be useful at all? There's a PDF on the City of Delphi website. It's the kind visitors pick up, and not like a real map, but it has descriptions of the trails and even shows 2 proposed trails. I'm not sure how up to date the PDF is.

http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=273&Itemid=154

Youve probably seen this video showing the location of where they were found.

It may not help much because there is no real context of where exactly it is other than the water is seen.

Starts at 1:32

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/16/delphi-property-owner-speaks-to-news-18-after-bodies-found-in-backyard/

Usually burner phones are purchased with cash. I don't know how they would trace this. People who use burner phones know what they're doing, they're covering their tracks very well. BUT there is absolutely nothing right now stating or hinting that he had a burner phone or any phone. Just all JMO.

Yes, all pure speculation. But if he had one and they could, for example, find out that it pinged first in Lafayette, it would give their search more focus.

That would be me. I'm not a local but there are at least 2 trucking companies in Delphi. Smaller companies. Most of the trucks on the road now run with the Qualcom system. I don't know if you are familiar with it. Its more efficient to keep up with the trucker's logs than paper logs. Times, miles, stop etc can't be fudged like on paper logs. It also knows where the truck is at all times. Most drivers have fuel cards, cards for the big chain truck stops. There are still a lot of smaller mom and pops but fuel cards are the way they pay. There is always a paper trail.

Thank-you kindly, Hillbilly.

The name of that Trucker App again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members