IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ton of pieces have really fit together tonight. The police statements about knowing what your kids are doing, the police searching under the bridge, the police statement that this was unlikely to be a random crime, the police's lack of certainty about 1 or more than 1 murderers. It's all fitting together now.

Good job!

Have the two videos from GH account been posted from youtube? Those are interesting. I sent them via pm to a mod requesting permission to post them. No response yet.

yes. I agree, those were very interesting, good thinking on your part both in thinking they were useful, and in asking first.

i have tons of fun with it, i think its unconnected in this case.

Out with the youngins 2day and they said they don't geocache cuz they heard some people got set up and robbed. Never heard that. When I walk with my dog different parks, you can identify a lot of the geocachers, they hold their gps thingie, looked like fun 2 me.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Sure, but several experiments have been done to show that kids will talk to strangers, and even go with them. Here's just one example:

"Every single mother was confident that she had educated her child about ‘stranger danger’.

And every single one was confident that her child would refuse to go anywhere with someone they didn’t know.

Yet of the nine children our ‘stranger’ approached aged between five and 11, seven agreed to go with him. Only two — an eight-year-old boy and an eight-year-old girl — were suspicious enough to refuse."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...park--took-just-90-seconds-persuade-them.html
But these are prepubescent children also. 13 and 14, there is a world of difference. Also LE told us that Libby had the "presence of mind" to record this encounter, which leads me to believe that she WAS on her guard and NOT fooled by a ruse. IMO just those three words, do not sound friendly. If it were part of a friendly encounter/ruse type scenario I believe LE would have been able to release more than 3 words.

As always, I of course can be wrong.

I

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My son's middle school counselors hold internet safety classes at the school throughout the school year. For the kids, they are mandatory and for the parents, they are optional. I have found the classes to be very informative.

(Thanks for the response. I have some ideas, like a workshop setting, where I ask them to let me see their smart phones then call them out for posting certain things online lol. Also geotagging, catfishing, all kinds of things would be covered. All the SM platforms and apps, (there's a new one everyday it seems like, note to self just heard about musically) and examples of how these have led to dyer things, I learned from working with my past students during Jessica Ridgeway's murder that they feel invincible so you have to hit the point home but it's a fine line because you don't want to traumatize them. Anyway, I'm always spanked for off topic so really don't want to derail the thread and I'm trying to be on my absolute best behavior since my trip to band camp.)

Oh............I get it...................LE made up a second audio clip to help bring in tips and leads, but they don't want to release it in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation.................I see now.

My mistake.................that kind of thing can happen sometimes when a guy is much more handsome than he is smart, my apologies.

am i the only one who hears "go down the hill" not just "down the hill"?

i hear it has a command is what i mean, not just a friendly, oh, its just down the hill.

No I hear that word also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh............I get it...................LE made up a second audio clip to help bring in tips and leads, but they don't want to release it in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation.................I see now.

My mistake.................that kind of thing can happen sometimes when a guy is much more handsome than he is smart, my apologies.

You crack me up lol. :floorlaugh:

I hear go, as well. And it creeps me out, it sounds so cold yet demanding. MOO

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

But these are prepubescent children also. 13 and 14, there is a world of difference. Also LE told us that Libby had the "presence of mind" to record this encounter, which leads me to believe that she WAS on her guard and NOT fooled by a ruse. IMO just those three words, do not sound friendly. If it were part of a friendly encounter/ruse type scenario I believe LE would have been able to release more than 3 words.

As always, I of course can be wrong.

I

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Considering where you're from I guess you have your fill of serial killers cases, eh? You might want to frequent the LISK forum if you don't already, you may have insight being a local (ish) person.

Also.. everyone talks to strangers despite what parents say. My daughter is 14 and if someone says "hi, I like your shirt" she doesn't stare at them with her lips sealed. That would be rude. She says "thanks". Which of course opens the door to some savvy stranger saying "I have the same one, I got it at X Store, do you shop there?" or "I like that band too, have you ever seen them live?" or whatever.

In the attempt to not sound rude, we often open doors without realizing it and get sucked in IMO.

I don't think I"ve ever ever seen any child ACTUALLY not talk to a stranger, ever. Unless they're shy and hten you know what usually happens? The parent usually says "don't be rude, say hello to the nice lady".... I always cringe when I see that at the store. I think "NO let the kid continue to say nothing, that's what you taught him to do!"

so may nuances really... but in this case the girls are not missing, sadly they're found, and found dead, so much of this part of the speculation only keeps our minds and fingers busy but doesn't actually constitute "websleuthing"... wish tehre was something I could actually sleuth and contribute but perhaps I will have to take some time off and walk away. I don't think we're gettin any new info from LE today.

Yes, I have found that the kids really do listen. Unfortunately, some kids don't fully grasp how dangerous some apps can be. A lot of local parents here have been shocked to hear that kids as young as sixth grade have been caught sexting.

Kids tend to think parents are just being overprotective and have a definite sense of that couldn't happen to me kind of an attitude. As parents I think we have forgotten how influential friends can be in convincing kids to do things they have been told not to do. Developmentally to a teenager there is nothing more important to them than fitting in.

I think it is more likely he politely volunteered to show them where the something is.
I agree. My analysis of his voice tone was that he acted like he was presenting a gift to them.

i hear it has a command is what i mean, not just a friendly, oh, its just down the hill.

On Crime Watch Daily yesterday, Sgt. Slocum said he thinks the guy sounds exasperated, like he's asked the girls more than one time to do something.

Okay, I'm laughing 😅

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

( I'm in Colorado and there is barely any coverage here, imo.)
(Will we have any billboards in Colorado? Many nature folks and people trying to escape gravitate here imo, jmo, mooo. This is becoming the vagrants capital, imo. I don't think he's a vagrant, but just sayin, I hope we have a billboard here. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie