IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peru is 40 miles northeast of Delphi. The next town after Peru is Wabash.

It is also along the Hoosier Heartland Hwy that LE asked for motorists to call if they seen anything odd during the time last week.

I was struck by that, too. They can't connect him to other homicides, but they're doing a nationwide billboard and media blitz to try to locate him? He's not a serial killer but we think he's going to kill again? Wha????

I'd be shocked if this killer had not committed crimes in the past. It seems unlikely to escalate from being a nomal, decent person to
becoming a murderer of two innocent girls all within a moments notice--unless BG is mentally ill or was high on meth. I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a DNA match to other crimes or assaults, like rapes, but perhaps from outside of the general area or in a different state. Just like with the Morgan Harrington case, the DNA may provide a link, but there may not be an identification right away.

I wonder if BG may have exposed himself to the girls as they crossed paths on the bridge, or they approached him as he was committing and indecent act. Maybe he has done this before, and expects or wants a certain reaction from his victims. Maybe the girls didn't react as he hoped, which caused him to be angry and escalated the situation. The motive for their murders could be sexual, but it could also be about power and control.

Also on android two quick presses on the home button and you're in camera mode without unlocking the phone

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes! I have had both devices. My galaxy was much easier to bring up the phone app (could do it without looking). Most of my kids friends have iPhones. It seems to be the most popular with young kids. However the camera can't be pulled up as easily. You definitely have to look down and at least swipe/push 3 times to get to the video function. Unless there is a shortcut that I am unaware of (which btw...Id love to know). As I said in my previous post, I often miss moments because I am trying to fumble through the buttons out of anxiousness. I can't imagine how much time it would've taken with terrified fumbling fingers.

Such a smart brave girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New member here, and just wanted to comment on the audio clip and Sgt. Slocum's statement during the Crime Watch interview.

1) I'm confused by Sgt. Slocum's statement. It sounds like he's analyzing and guessing just based on the short three-word clip that was made public. However, wouldn't he have listened to the entire audio? He would know whether the perp had asked the girls before to go down the hill (or whatever other instructions he gave them). I'm not sure why he's making it sound like conjecture when he would know for certain...unless Libby started recording just right before that phrase.

2) I do agree that it sounds like the perp had possibly told them before, and they did not comply as quickly as he wanted. To me it sounds like a parent/teacher/coach/LEO or someone in authority who does not feel like repeating himself. On a personal note, the recording reminds me of my stepfather who would ask me to do something once, and if I hesitated he'd use exactly that tone the second time. Calm, but firm. Not angry or loud, but with emphasis and a sense of urgency. "Do as I say. Or else!" Whenever I heard that tone I knew I had better comply or I'd get the belt.

3) MOO is that he pulled a gun on them. I cannot imagine them (or anybody else) following a stranger's commands to go down a hill (or something similar) unless they are being threatened with a gun. You can outrun fists or a knife, but you cannot outrun a bullet. Nothing is more intimidating than a gun pointed at you or a friend.

4) Not that it matters now, but I wish one of the girls had pushed the perp off the bridge. :(

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

The thread is open for posting again. Please find a new topic, one which will not destroy an innocent person's life. That is NOT what we do here at WS.

The topic in itself was fine. When you start digging around the web, however, and single out a particular private individual or two, then you've crossed the line. So now even the good suffer because it was an interesting area to explore, but now it's OFF LIMITS.

Everyone is anxious for an answer. Trying too hard to create one without solid evidence is potentially explosive, especially when so many imaginations are running on overtime.

If you think the info is viable, call it in. Then zip it up, stand back, and allow LE to do its job.

Bessie
WS Administrator
Sharing. The OFF LIMITS is referring to the topic of geocaching.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Which SM? I saw her twitter. Instagram looked okay.

Yes! I have had both devices. My galaxy was much easier to bring up the phone app (could do it without looking). Most of my kids friends have iPhones. It seems to be the most popular with young kids. However the camera can't be pulled up as easily. You definitely have to look down and at least swipe/push 3 times to get to the video function. Unless there is a shortcut that I am unaware of (which btw...Id love to know). As I said in my previous post, I often miss moments because I am trying to fumble through the buttons out of anxiousness. I can't imagine how much time it would've taken with terrified fumbling fingers.

Such a smart brave girl.

i think she was going to take another picture or video when he came up and so she just started fliming.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Mine is swipe right once, left once; I could get to video without pulling my phone out of my pocket.

Thank you for sharing this! I had no idea you could swipe over from the home screen to the camera. Also had no clue you could swipe anywhere on the screen to change from photo to video.

This would definitely be a possibility on how she could have accessed without him knowing. Kids use their phones soooooo much. And she looks like she was into photography so she was probably well aware of how easy it was to get to the video function.

Yes, and another thought that crossed my mind is that Libby was maybe carrying a backpack which would be known by the family member that dropped her off and she slipped her phone in a front pocket of the backpack (not her pocket). He may have thrown that backpack away and LE just wants a witness to it. That may be the reason her phone was pinging all over town and maybe they found the backpack with her phone in it.
OH this is a good thought! I have pocketbooks with secret pockets! My kids and husband cannot find the pocket, even with my cell in it! Maybe her cell was in a secret pocket of her backpack and was hidden!

If there.was no sexual assault. (We.don't know if there was) what would be the reason to kill them?

If there was no sexual assault.........and in my opinion there was not(no DNA on girls but at crime scene discovered days after?)........then this attack was a straight kill.

As to motive? The thrill? This man is evil and loves to terrorize.

They live among us. It is hard to fathom I know.

the thread is open for posting again. Please find a new topic, one which will not destroy an innocent person's life. That is not what we do here at ws.

The topic in itself was fine. When you start digging around the web, however, and single out a particular private individual or two, then you've crossed the line. So now even the good suffer because it was an interesting area to explore, but now it's off limits.

everyone is anxious for an answer. Trying too hard to create one without solid evidence is potentially explosive, especially when so many imaginations are running on overtime.

If you think the info is viable, call it in. Then zip it up, stand back, and allow le to do its job.

Bessie
ws administrator

bump

bbm

I know that I tend to blame everything on truckers, but I've heard that many truckers from Fort Wayne drive through Delphi. I hope those companies are looked at.

i think its worth noting on the SM front, she (liberty) had a follower or two that seems, fake and very sexual.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

I am quite certain that the FBI and the department of homeland security are all over the possibility of this being a cyber-crime. I also think the possibility of more than one perpetrator and the potential SM angle is one reason for the national attention this case is getting..perhaps there's evidence of a pedophilia ring of some sort. I do know that there are very bad sinister places on the deep web where entire groups of people plot how to sexually exploit children. On such forums invitations to join are generally given to people only after they provide evidence of their own illegal activity regarding the sexual exploitation of children. It would be easy to understand why FBI and homeland security would make this a national case if they suspected a SM connection in this terrible case.

It needs to be stated clearer, because I see no mention of geocaching in that statement.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I agree, but considering the conversation it followed it was clear what the forbidden subject is.

If there was no sexual assault.........and in my opinion there was not(no DNA on girls but at crime scene discovered days after?)........then this attack was a straight kill.

As to motive? The thrill? This man is evil and loves to terrorize.

They live among us. It is hard to fathom I know.

We don't know what they did or didn't find on the girls.

(Sorry, o/t, something just popped in my head, fwiw, Foxfire used to talk about cemeteries and serial killers, something about a maple tree, or birch tree.........it was cedar trees I think. :lookingitup: Miss you buddy soooooooooooo much.)

So true. I went to post on Karen Swift's unsolved murder about a month ago. Foxfire was the last member to post on Karen's thread. I could not bring myself to post after Glenn. We became close buds during the CO windshield shootings. In his honor, upon his sudden death, I contributed to his favorite charity: SAR

This double homicide baffles me. *advertiser censored* "Know what your children are doing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23