LA - 28 injured when car runs into Mardi Gras parade, 25 Feb 2017

I hope this is it ?
16997737_1067629280036772_5988214844728244198_n.jpg
Yes that's it. Thank you. You can see her same shirt there and laying on the ground. Oh please let this baby be ok.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Me too...the look in, who I assume, is her fathers eyes when he is holding her, the fear he has, no parent should face that fear...I have tears streaming and it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

And this whole thing just pisses me off so much. Is it so much to ask for people to be able to get together and enjoy fun times, without some nimrod doing something stupid?!? WHENEVER I go to New Orleans, I expect to sit in traffic if there is an event or hell, even if it's just a regular weekend. See those cars going slow buddy? Ever think there was a completely logical freaking reason they might be going slow?!? Don't want to sit in Maddie Gras traffic? Here's a real brilliant idea - stay at home and get plastered and let everyone else be safe from your poor choices. Sorry for the rant y'all, but I'm sat in bed with my 4 year old beside me, and it just strikes a nerve with me when people are so damn stupid and make these selfish decisions. And I'm sure there are people out there already judging him for having a child at Mardi Gras, not even knowing much about it or how much fun it can be for a family to gather up a spot on the grass or sidewalk and watch the bands and floats.

ETA: this young man better be glad there were so many cops there, I'm shocked he wasn't pulled out of that truck and beaten. Gah. This whole thing makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are so right. And it's tons of kids! Parades are mostly families. It's not Bourbon Street! The entire parade route is lined with ladders with seats bolted on top for kids to sit in.

Now I'm sitting here thinking- this dude is a monster. But do you know how many people have been sitting on that route drinking since 8 am and then got in the car to go home? Probably thousands. It's all scary.

You are so right. And it's tons of kids! Parades are mostly families. It's not Bourbon Street! The entire parade route is lined with ladders with seats bolted on top for kids to sit in.

Now I'm sitting here thinking- this dude is a monster. But do you know how many people have been sitting on that route drinking since 8 am and then got in the car to go home? Probably thousands. It's all scary.

Oh for sure. Plenty of them will drive home with their kids in the car with them too. Sadly people, parents themselves, make this choice everyday. And imagine how awful for some of these victims...many of them may have been intoxicated or with intoxicated friends and all of a sudden they are trying to deal with this? It'd be hard enough to keep your wits about you sober, much less if you had been drinking!

And I have family from Thibodeaux, loved going to visit for parade time. We would all load up and we would get out there early and stay late. My cousins and I just ran around and had a blast. What's sad is, I am about to be 31, and the childhood fun I experienced seems like it will be a lot different than what my daughter gets to experience.

I'm off to bed, this has kept me up long past my bedtime, sending prayers/thoughts of wellness and love to all those injured or related to the injured in whatever manner. And even to the perp, can't imagine what sobering up will be like for him. He better be on his knees praying no one dies. Scary when other people's poor decisions have the chance to change your life.

Oh for sure. Plenty of them will drive home with their kids in the car with them too. Sadly people, parents themselves, make this choice everyday. And imagine how awful for some of these victims...many of them may have been intoxicated or with intoxicated friends and all of a sudden they are trying to deal with this? It'd be hard enough to keep your wits about you sober, much less if you had been drinking!

And I have family from Thibodeaux, loved going to visit for parade time. We would all load up and we would get out there early and stay late. My cousins and I just ran around and had a blast. What's sad is, I am about to be 31, and the childhood fun I experienced seems like it will be a lot different than what my daughter gets to experience.

I'm off to bed, this has kept me up long past my bedtime, sending prayers/thoughts of wellness and love to all those injured or related to the injured in whatever manner. And even to the perp, can't imagine what sobering up will be like for him. He better be on his knees praying no one dies. Scary when other people's poor decisions have the chance to change your life.

I agree. I used to go to every parade. Now I don't want to take my little boy at all.

The most recent articles, as of 2 hrs ago, say that although there are 5 critically injured, NONE are life threatening. So at least the 3 yr old is going to make it. :sigh:

The most recent articles, as of 2 hrs ago, say that although there are 5 critically injured, NONE are life threatening. So at least the 3 yr old is going to make it. :sigh:
The news interview said the 3 year old was happy and fine. This girl looks about 9. The one with the dad holding her and then laying on the ground.

Oh the pictures of the dad and the little girl are SO sad!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

At one moment, there was swaying in the street and shouts of "Throw me something, mister!" At the next, there was carnage.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Neilson Rizzuto

25-year-old

[FONT=&amp]two counts of first-degree negligent vehicular injuring, one count of hit-and-run driving causing serious injury and one count of reckless operation of a vehicle.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp] final weekend of Carnival and during one of New Orleans' biggest parades. Endymion,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]paused for about 10 minutes when the crash occurred,

Eyewitness accounts :

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]trying to weave through people at first and then appeared to accelerate and kept going even after impacting several paradegoers, who were thrown off the vehicle's hood, a witness said.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]swerving in between people trying to get through the traffic on North Carrollton and it seemed like he got pissed off because all of a sudden, he slammed the gas and his back tires started screeching, and it seemed like his foot never left the gas pedal."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Luckily, there was a dump truck parked on the other side, and luckily, when he went up on neutral ground, he slammed into the dump truck."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]saw a dark grey Chevy 1500 Silverado trying to drive through the lanes of Carrollton that NOPD had kept open - on the opposite side of the parade.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The truck then hit a white sedan traveling in the same direction, Klechak said. That sedan hit a wooden pole. After that collision, the truck veered off to its left and went up, hitting three people before jumping onto the neutral ground, still traveling fast, Klechak said. The truck kept traveling as it hit several others, before finally stopping when it hit the dump truck, Klechak said.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]his actions seemed like those of "a really pissed-off person in a truck that obviously didn't care about other people's lives." [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]dacquiri stand bouncer

From his facebook

cat lover

lots of neat ceramic items of his page

pet Iguana possibly (hey I am just sharing what I see before taken down!)

Anti Clinton

Has precious little puppy

In somepictures almost looks Asian (not that that means anything other than that)

Into boating and RV campers

Looks like family owns a painting business

Def an "art/creative" component to stuff he posted

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/there_were_bodies_flying_off_t.htm

lhttp://heavy.com/news/2017/02/neilson-rizzuto-new-orleans-endymion-parade-drunk-driver-facebook-photos-mugshot-arrest-suspect/

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/endymion_crashs_suspected_drun.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/there_were_bodies_flying_off_t.html

neilson-rizzutojpg-46f9093a77380dc7.jpg

Neilson Rizzuto

[FONT="]dacquiri stand bouncer

[/FONT]
http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/neilson-rizzuto-new-orleans-endymion-parade-drunk-driver-facebook-photos-mugshot-arrest-suspect/

neilson-rizzutojpg-46f9093a77380dc7.jpg

This monster doesn't even look remorseful--he looks defiant. Makes me want to throw up.

more....

[FONT=&quot]driver could be heard cursing through the vehicle's open window.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fox News, citing government sources, Rizzuto shouted “kill me” as he was being taken away by authorities.

[/FONT]
Recent comments from him included a video showing off some 'insane driving skills', a quote about it costing nothing to be a decent person, and a conversation in which he said he 'hates drunk people'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Gras-named-Neilson-Rizzuto.html#ixzz4ZoHzR1wo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Suspected Endymion parade crash drunk driver Neilson Rizzuto, 25 was booked into the Orleans Justice Center jail Sunday (Feb. 26) on two counts of first-degree negligent vehicular injuring, one count of hit-and-run driving causing serious injury and one count of reckless operation of a vehicle. [/FONT](Courtesy of Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office)[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]

5shares​
[/FONT]

Neilson Rizzuto is a hard-working young man not known to have a drinking problem or a penchant for trouble, according to the grandmother of the man New Orleans police arrested on suspicion of drunkenly striking Krewe of Endymion parade spectators with a truck Saturday night (Feb. 25).
"They arrested him? He's in jail?" Lorettz Rizzuto asked a reporter Sunday. "You got me frozen. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say. I'm frozen. Something like that, you don't want to hear."

grandmother said she has little contact with the 25-year-old, but said she understands from his father, John Rizzuto, that he had been working hard and staying out of legal difficulties before Saturday's crash, which police said left 28 people injured, including five critically.

Just struck me as there might be past issues moo...

"He was employed since last ......week, . "He's a very good worker. His daddy's always talking good about him working hard, working good hours and maintaining his bills and not getting into trouble. I don't know if it's construction or what it was, all I know was that it was a good job.

Again, says to me some stuff in history :

Neilson Rizzuto had no previous felony arrests (vs has no criminal history??)

she was aware of only one previous arrest or citation for the former Ponchatoula High School student. she was aware of only one previous arrest or citation for the former Ponchatoula High School student.

He got in trouble once before, a little minor thing, I think. Riding a bike too fast or something like that. Nothing major."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/neils...river-facebook-photos-mugshot-arrest-suspect/

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/im_frozen_says_grandmother_of.html

[/FONT]

Our youngest daughter and son-in-law were close by where it happened. Thank goodness they immediately texted us to let us know they are okay. They knew instantly we would be worried out of our minds until we heard from them. We had already picked up our cell phone to call our daughter but her text came through right before.

So sad. I pray everyone fully recovers.

Kinda wondering if (not justifying) he meant to hit the brake but floored it instead??

It was all very convoluted last night. It seems more of a narrative is now emerging.

Blasted, in patient, almost sounds like dozed off bang,wakes up , turns hard left, floors it ,

3DAEFC8700000578-4260550-The_number_of_people_injured_could_increase_So_far_28_have_been_-a-164_1488087223526.jpg

smashes into dump truck.

For some reason I had the order mixed up

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017...-New-Orleans-Mardi-Gras-parade/4531488115394/

The Endymion parade is one of New Orleans' most popular, and family friendly, events in the lead-up to Tuesday's Mardi Gras celebrations. It is common for parents to bring their children to watch the parade, which has a budget of $7 million and features 81 floats with a total 3,200 riders.dont know tho just speculating

Oh, Granny. We know. Killer is a good boy.

Cariis can you link his Facebook please? Thanks. If not I will find it when I get to computer

I would be screaming kill me too if I did this because I would not, ever, want to have to look my parents in the eyes again. I would feel so ashamed. Can't imagine having to look your victims in the eyes....

https://www.facebook.com/neilson.rizzuto

I found it. He looks like a normal kid who is probably socially anxious and awkward. Looks like dad might be an ex - marine. It will be interesting to see how this kid responds in the next few weeks. His mugshot does not look remorseful. But if he is, expressing remorse would go far for him. He should pay for a long time though! Remorse or not.

Here are the latest developments in this story:
• A total of 21 people were hospitalized, including one female police officer. She was in good spirits, the chief said.
• Seven other people who were hurt declined medical transportation.
• Some of the bystanders who helped care for the injured were emergency responders who were tourists in town for Mardi Gras, the chief said.
• Harrison said there is no indication the accident was an act of terrorism.
• Video from CNN affiliate WDSU showed a gray pickup truck that had crashed into a dump truck on a median near the intersection.
• Witnesses told the station the pickup came down one of the streets and struck several cars before hitting people in the crowd watching the parade.
• "I saw the gray truck flying down Carrollton Avenue," a female witness told WDSU while clutching her strands of Mardi Gras beads. "He sped up and he lost control and you could see (the truck) was getting ready to turn and I knew he was going to run into all those people."
• The accident happened around 6:42 p.m. (7:42 p.m. ET).
• The parade was coming down Orleans Avenue before making a right onto Carrollton.
The Endymion parade is one of the most popular parades leading up to Mardi Gras, which is Tuesday, and one of the most family-oriented. Many parents brought their children to the event.

Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
By Steve Almasy and Nick Valencia, CNN
Updated 11:46 AM ET, Sun February 26, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/25/us/new-orleans-mardi-gras-parade-accident/

Does anyone know if the parade went on as normal for the rest of the night?

I am assuming it is big enough for many people not to even know it happened until they woke up and saw it on the news -- or did the tragedy result in a lot of people just going home -- too bummed??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back