TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypnosis certainly has its place. Look up the Kaufman County prosecutor killings.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannonball3804. Thx for your post. It refreshed my memory on issue.

Some info about ct-admissibility of testimony of witnesses w hypnosis-enhanced memories.
http://reportingtexas.com/in-texas-hypnosis-aids-police-in-prompting-witness-memories/ Dec 18, 2014, w my bolding.

"Texas and 21 other states allow court testimony by witnesses who previously were hypnotized to enhance their memories, according to a study...The Texas Rangers have used hypnosis 66 times since 2009, according to the state Department of Public Safety....

"Police in Texas use hypnosis to corroborate leads and gather information under rules established by a 1989 Texarkana Court of Appeals case,
Zani v. Texas
"The appellate court ruled that the “hypnotically-enhanced testimony” from the witness was admissible in court, provided that police follow protocols. Among those protocols: The hypnotist should record the session, know as little as possible about the investigation and not not ask leading questions.
"Investigative hypnotists in Texas must be certified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. That requires taking a 50-hour course and passing an exam. Since licensing was mandated in 1987, commission records show that 858 law enforcement officers have been certified . Four officers have been certified in the past two years. In October 2013, the commission began requiring licensed investigative hypnotists to take a refresher course every two years.

"The Texas Rangers asked Howell to hypnotize a witness who saw the getaway car in the 2013 slayings of a district attorney, his wife and an assistant prosecutor in Kaufman County. The hypnosis didn’t help and a suspect was identified through other means.

".... that some states have an exclusion rule, “so if an individual has been hypnotized and they recall information during the session, typically it’s not admissible in a court of law

IDK if hypnosis was used later in Kaufman case for other witnesses, after the ^ 2014 article.

Cannonball3804. Thx for your post. It refreshed my memory on issue.

Some info about ct-admissibility of testimony of witnesses w hypnosis-enhanced memories.
http://reportingtexas.com/in-texas-hypnosis-aids-police-in-prompting-witness-memories/ Dec 18, 2014, w my bolding.

"Texas and 21 other states allow court testimony by witnesses who previously were hypnotized to enhance their memories, according to a study...The Texas Rangers have used hypnosis 66 times since 2009, according to the state Department of Public Safety....

"Police in Texas use hypnosis to corroborate leads and gather information under rules established by a 1989 Texarkana Court of Appeals case,
Zani v. Texas
"The appellate court ruled that the “hypnotically-enhanced testimony” from the witness was admissible in court, provided that police follow protocols. Among those protocols: The hypnotist should record the session, know as little as possible about the investigation and not not ask leading questions.
"Investigative hypnotists in Texas must be certified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. That requires taking a 50-hour course and passing an exam. Since licensing was mandated in 1987, commission records show that 858 law enforcement officers have been certified . Four officers have been certified in the past two years. In October 2013, the commission began requiring licensed investigative hypnotists to take a refresher course every two years.

"The Texas Rangers asked Howell to hypnotize a witness who saw the getaway car in the 2013 slayings of a district attorney, his wife and an assistant prosecutor in Kaufman County. The hypnosis didn’t help and a suspect was identified through other means.

".... that some states have an exclusion rule, “so if an individual has been hypnotized and they recall information during the session, typically it’s not admissible in a court of law.”

IDK if hypnosis was used later in Kaufman case for other witnesses, after the ^ 2014 article.

The friend of MB who had seen the LinkedIn message doesn't have to be hypnotized (as said before) to remember the name of the email author, I think. I would be surprised if the name was his original name and not a fake name.

The friend of MB who had seen the LinkedIn message doesn't have to be hypnotized (as said before) to remember the name of the email author, I think. I would be surprised if the name was his original name and not a fake name.

I believe it's possible that LE may have found the account but I don't think they are going to tell us anything about it. I think it will stay private as it should . JMO

Another woman who goes to work at a Church and ends up shot to death.

They already have a POI. FBI issued APB.

The Neshoba County Sheriff's Department is looking for 28-year-old Alex Bridges Deaton in connection to a homicide at a Dixon church.

Sheriff Waddell says Deaton is a person of great interest.

Investigators have evidence of a white SUV pulling into Dixon Baptist Church and staying for a couple minutes. Waddell says the SUV pulled out and headed toward Forest on Highway 21.
<>
Deaton is believed to be still driving a white 2012 GMC Acadia bearing Mississippi Nurses Foundation Tag Number F396.
<>
PREVIOUS:
Authorities say Deaton is wanted in connection with a murder and shooting in the Jackson area Friday morning.

Authorities say Deaton is wanted for killing his girlfriend who has been identified as Heather Robinson and, according to her Facebook, was from Quitman and living in Jackson.

Authorities say Deaton is also wanted for shooting a woman while she was jogging in a nearby neighborhood in Jackson. Newscenter 11 has confirmed that Alex Deaton grew up in Neshoba County and once lived in the Dixon community.
http://www.wtok.com/content/news/Manhunt-continues-for-murder-suspect-in--414813663.html

Eerily Silent........so strange.....
SOME of us are having a hard time with these heavy "ads" that prevent us from responding, and or even reading posts. It may be "on purpose" in this case.... because I'm not having problems on other forums, just "this" one.

After all the screen captures I've taken from the MPD surveillance video I thought I had captured every second until I was reviewing last night and I hadn't taken any at 1.48 where the killer is actually entering the alcove with her left hand up holding the flashlight. Got some last night though at this segment and I'm a little surprised. I think I can actually see the killer's face. (the white streak is the light shining from the flashlight she's holding up.)

attachment.php

From watching that portion of the video, am I correct in thinking this pic is showing the left side of SP’s face or the front of the face? Thanks.

I am concerned about how silent everyone connected to MB has been. It is one thing to want an investigation to wind its course and result in justice. But it is quite another that MB does not have someone close to her that is her living advocate, fighting for her. It is sad. It is troubling.
I totally agree Jethro4WS, I'm thinking that BB and in-laws may be following legal advice to stop talking to the press and media in general. I've always been a bit surprised that Missy's side of the family have been so quiet. Maybe LE have advised them?
Has any information been released from anyone as to if there has been any polygraphs administered? And before everyone jumps in and reminds me that the poly isn't considered in a courtroom, I'm very much aware of that fact. However, polygraphs are used as an investigative tool and friends and family members often volunteer for them in order to help LE in their investigation.

Just wondering if anyone has offered to take one or maybe refused to take one.

I find that so odd...what are the chances? beyond strange, yet I doubt there's any connection.

After all the screen captures I've taken from the MPD surveillance video I thought I had captured every second until I was reviewing last night and I hadn't taken any at 1.48 where the killer is actually entering the alcove with her left hand up holding the flashlight. Got some last night though at this segment and I'm a little surprised. I think I can actually see the killer's face. (the white streak is the light shining from the flashlight she's holding up.)

View attachment 111113

I can't seem to locate the portion of the video that aligns with the description. Can you post the full size screen grab used as the source and explain any edits. TIA

I'm still here reading too, and wishing/waiting for an arrest! I just keep thinking, if it was my spouse who was murdered, 10 months with NOTHING, I would be telling my lawyers, you better figure out WHAT I can say because I'm going to go say it. The only thing that would keep me silent would be the police telling me WHO it was and what info they had and they were just waiting for that one piece of evidence to nail them. Otherwise, I'd be telling my story high and low trying to find the killer.

I honestly don't know if MPD has the killer and are just waiting, or if they are totally clueless. I really felt the love triangle was the "reason", and I still can't rule it out, but you would have thought if that was it, phone records, FB, LinkedIn, etc. would have already proven it and been the "link" MPD needed.

And another thing that sticks out is there have been no leaks. From anyone, not just family. I haven't read one peep where "my friend who knew a friend said she died this way". 10 months later and lips are still sealed. I can see the person who witnessed something being quiet from fear of MPD or the killer themselves, but surely at this point they've confided in a best friend...and that best friend confided in someone else because they couldn't keep it to themselves. The telephone game. But yet nothing has been "leaked".

Nothing but silence........sigh............I will continue to wait, and pray for justice for MB and her girls.

:Happybirthday: was hoping something happened seeing few pages since last here....had a new granddaughter who wanted to meet Mimi so decided to come into this world few days early! Sent straight from Heaven above! Off to catch up between swaddling ! So blessed

I'm still here reading too, and wishing/waiting for an arrest! I just keep thinking, if it was my spouse who was murdered, 10 months with NOTHING, I would be telling my lawyers, you better figure out WHAT I can say because I'm going to go say it. The only thing that would keep me silent would be the police telling me WHO it was and what info they had and they were just waiting for that one piece of evidence to nail them. Otherwise, I'd be telling my story high and low trying to find the killer.

I honestly don't know if MPD has the killer and are just waiting, or if they are totally clueless. I really felt the love triangle was the "reason", and I still can't rule it out, but you would have thought if that was it, phone records, FB, LinkedIn, etc. would have already proven it and been the "link" MPD needed.

And another thing that sticks out is there have been no leaks. From anyone, not just family. I haven't read one peep where "my friend who knew a friend said she died this way". 10 months later and lips are still sealed. I can see the person who witnessed something being quiet from fear of MPD or the killer themselves, but surely at this point they've confided in a best friend...and that best friend confided in someone else because they couldn't keep it to themselves. The telephone game. But yet nothing has been "leaked".

Nothing but silence........sigh............I will continue to wait, and pray for justice for MB and her girls.

I've always thought that Missy's mom and brothers have stayed silent because they know. Otherwise, they would be all over the place. At 10 months , they wouldn't be silent for anyone if they didn't know. JMO

I agree, I also think that the SP might have tried to be dressed and purposely look like RB...maybe thats one of the reasons because that walk makes it look like him.....maybe someone from RB's business dealings? Anyone know what he did for work..etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998