IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's perfect if you're left handed

I concur............IF that's a pistol in his jacket pocket, then he's left handed. No doubt about it.

If he used it, it was for control. I don't think either girl was shot, that would have attracted attention. There weren't any reports of gunshots around there that afternoon as far as I know.

Does this laser tag gun resemble the shape of the gun outlined above? Thinking BG may not have carried a real gun and that is a possibility why it isn't holstered or stored the normal way.

d07f830bafe71fbe84151aea52004a4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wondering the same thing!

I think they have done it before in other cases..under voluntary request.. was it the Jessica Ridgeway case? other websleuthers help me out?

They did it in the Gabe G case, with the little girl he killed in the trailer park. I cannot remember that sweet girl's name, heartbreaking case...

The bodies were located on property owned by Ron Logan. According to the news article below, he was away on the 13th and only returned to the 14th. Makes me wonder if the perpetrator was aware that Mr. Logan was away and was using his property as a base of operations. If that is the case, there may be past sightings of a trespasser on the property or in the out buildings. It is also possible that he may have had access to Mr. Logan's property as a casual worker.

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/16/police-question-multiple-people-in-delphi-girls-murders/

Yes! I've been wondering this from the beginning.

I can't believe over an entire thread has gone by since I was last on here yesterday and I don't have time to go back as it is moving way too fast.

I've seen speculation that the killer and the girls crossed the creek. From experience, I can't really see that happening given the water depth, probable water temperature and the air temperature. I've come close to hypothermia twice in my life. Once was in the military when I was near the Arctic Circle in March. The other was as 20 y.o. hunting in LA. The air temps were in the low 50's and the water temps about the same. I was duck hunting alone (dumb mistake #1) and had just shot my last duck of the day. The duck landed on the side of the creek, latched onto a small tree root with its bill and stayed there. There was no way to cross and even I got to the other side it was a straight drop off of 6-8 feet down to the duck. I was determined not to leave it there so taking off only my hunting coat I and waded out up to waist in the water to get it. (That was dumb mistake #2.) I had a quarter mile to half mile walk to my car and just before I got there I was shivering uncontrollably. I could hardly get the key in the lock. I cranked the heat up all the way and it was several minutes before I could drive. It was 20-30 minute drive home and I was still shivering.

This guy has to contend with temps - water and air - about 10 degrees lower than what I dealt with. When crossing a creek it is difficult to know the depth for sure and you can easily end up in deep spot where you thought it might be shallow. I don't know how this killer intended to get out of there but he had quite a walk to the parking area unless he parked in the cemetery.

Talking to a kayaking instructor he said when you combine wet clothes with low temps, high 50 degree temps can be cold enough to cause hypothermia if the victim doesn't get dry clothes or someplace warm or both soon. Also, he stated one of the first lessons they teach kayaker's is that you don't want to wear "killer cotton". Cotton soaks up the moisture, doesn't dry quick and has no insulation properties when wet - IOW it accelerates the loss of body heat. You wear wool or technical material that dries quickly. This killer was wearing blue jeans (mostly cotton), maybe a hoodie (possibly cotton?) and I'll bet cotton socks. Unless the killer's car was in the immediate area, he would be very noticeable by his reactions to the cold after going a short distance. I'm not saying it didn't happen or it was impossible, but I believe it is highly unlikely.

On another note, driving down Interstate 64 in Norfolk today I saw one of the digital billboards near the combined turnoff to Naval Station Norfolk/Fleet Forces Compound/Old Dominion Univ. So they are here on the east coast already. And they wisely put right where a large portion of the area population who are likely to have recently arrived here from all parts of the country or still have family contacts from outside the area will see it.

Long-time lurker on this site; first-time poster. I registered to post, after reading all the threads.

Thoughts on some characteristics of this person, from looking at his stride and hip/knee positions, and what we see of his face:

1) His face appears to be young, because he's still showing fat deposits. From face alone, I would guess late 30s. But his body is that of a man in his mid-40s. I would guess 45, plus/minus a few years, so 43-48. He's probably been described as "baby-faced" by friends/colleagues. His skin coloration suggests he's sandy-haired or there's strawberry-blond hair in the family.

2) Although he appears stocky in his torso, he's fairly athletic and agile in his core and probably his upper body, though less so from his knees down. The sharp angle he's leaning towards his left while lifting his right leg in stride, with his hands in his pockets, tells me his hips are in very good shape (not arthritic or causing pain). He has good flexion in hip flexors and strength in his glutes to push off and land at that angle. If he was off-balance in the least in that step or he had a weak core he would have his arms out. So this is someone who has extremely good balance and has probably worked outdoors where he's had to use his balance and agility.

3) His knees appear to be stiff and lacking flexion. Most of his flexion comes from his hips and hip flexors. So he may be arthritic in his knees.

4) Something about his stride and balance suggests to me he is left-handed. I haven't mirrored the images to see if I would think the opposite if they were reversed.

Two excellent posts! Thank you anthro_phys and JnRyan! A Must Read for folks who are skimming to catch up!

Sadly, there has been two children abducted/murdered at one time in the past so while still rare is not unheard of.

In 1997 Washington State did an in depth study involving 600 children who had been abducted and murdered. Then in 2006 they added an additional 175 cases. All of these cases were solved with the perpetrators known.

That collectively is 775 children who were abducted and murdered. Now these are just cases that have been solved. There are thousands of unsolved cases concerning missing young teens who have never been found dead or alive. I think there are way more children murdered than we can even imagine and many of them murdered by strangers IMO. Cases where there is no link between the victim/s and suspect are the hardest cases to solve. Imo, these two teens were murdered by someone neither of them

The study is very interesting. When they went back in 2006 to add the additional 175 child abduction/murder cases they found some changes from the 1997 in depth study they did. These study was partially funded by the DOJ and is one of the largest studies on the subject.

Here are the key facts and findings:

2006 Child Abduction Murder Study

In late 1993, the Criminal Division of the Washington State Attorney General's Office undertook a 3-1/2 year research project, partially funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, to study the investigation of child abduction murder cases.

In this first research project, published in 1997, researchers reviewed more than 600 child abduction murder cases across the United States, then interviewed the investigating detectives. This data provided law enforcement valuable insight into what investigative techniques tend to be most productive.

Now the Attorney General’s Office has released a follow-up study, including 175 additional solved cases. The additional cases generally reflect and support the findings in the original report with several significant and definite differences:

With more killers identified, researchers found threat that the killer will be a friend or acquaintance is nearly equal to that of a stranger. * The stranger abductor/murderer remains at the top at 44% while those who knew the victim/s even casually was 42%.

The probability that the killer’s name will come up during the first week of the investigation has decreased.

The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased.

Key findings:

In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

Be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. More than half of the study’s abductions took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/child-abduction-murder-research

That was an excellent study! I printed and read all 118 pages!

What if, as speculated before, he is left-handed? Is it possible he could retrieve the gun from the front opening of his jacket, not the pocket? Some type of opening inside the zipper (buttons?) opening? I hope that makes sense.
This is my first post and I think you've got the nail on the head. In my opinion it does appear as if the gun is inside of his jacket with the barrel pointed towards his right. It makes sense why there is a gap/opening in his jacket. With the gun situated the way it is, he could reach inside his jacket to pull the gun out as the handle of the gun is pointed towards his left. Keep on sleuthing everybody. Rest in peace Abby and Libby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks like he is wearing one of those concealed suspender gun holsters based on the direction the gun outline goes.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Here's a photo of a suspender holster which points the barrel up.

Attachments

• Shoulder0055.jpg
    Shoulder0055.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 84
No, you didn't. Nobody knows who he is or where he is, and he hasn't been arrested.

Day 14

The more I look at his photo and think about how basic and ordinary he looks and think nothing stands out about it to make anyone notice, the more it occurs to me there is someone who knows this guy and will see this photo and know right away who it is. It WILL look familiar to them because they know him. Making themselves turn him in is another matter.

Hi everyone. I've been busy with family and "life" (what's that?) and have missed a whole thread plus 12 pages - can anyone tell me if I missed anything of note? thanks!

The reward will be increased to $100,000, that's all.

Jenise Wright

YES, thank you. Lil Jenise...:rose:

I remember reading that LE asked ALL the males living in the park, to volunteer their DNA. The only person who initially refused was the teen that killed her.

I think sometimes they ask for DNA just to see if the person will comply.

Wow, with the outline and new contrast I can certainly see what you're saying.

I've felt that there is something in his coat because, as someone else pointed out a couple of threads ago, you can see how the fabric on his coat on the left of the photo is pulled downward away from his shoulder, like there's something heavy in it. If he was just big in the belly the fabric of the coat would be pulled from the sides, down near the waist and belly, causing horizontal fabric ripples, not the vertical ones we see. JMO.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111323&stc=1

The more I look at the gif where the two released snaps from Libby's video are put together, the more I see the man in blue reaching under his jacket to grab something. Shudder.

Mountainguy, that's exactly what's been plaguing me. Yesterday as I was out shuffling my kids around, I was stopped at a light (several states away) and I was sitting there quietly looking around, thinking, OMG! On this EARTH, somewhere in this COUNTRY there are sick and twisted evil people walking around this beautiful countryside (whatever state it's in) looking for innocent children to murder. It is seriously something you can't even comprehend as a sane and decent person, as you see other folks going about their business, proceeding through the light when it turns green, not a care in the world.

Jesus, come soon. :(

Yes Jesus, hurry.

Just my opinion, but I doubt that LE would ever institute random DNA sampling because of the manpower needed to administer and the legal complexities associated with the concept...

There's a famous case on Cape Cod where they did just this. They asked all males in the town to submit their DNA. Most of the men did. And they caught him.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/04/16/us/slow-dna-trail-leads-to-suspect-in-cape-cod-case.html

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The more I look at his photo and think about how basic and ordinary he looks and think nothing stands out about it to make anyone notice, the more it occurs to me there is someone who knows this guy and will see this photo and know right away who it is. It WILL look familiar to them because they know him. Making themselves turn him in is another matter.

Yeah, I really think that the only way this photo will be useful is if someone saw him wearing those exact clothes on that exact day who knows him personally.

Welcome to Indiana...
no one wants to realize how bad things are around here! look up our murder rate in relation per capita... granted most is drug related for central Indiana.

I used to think Upstate, NY where I'm from was idyllic and crime free, out in the country. Part of Upstate definitely are safe, and like here in Indiana you don't have to lock your doors. Heroin is on a rampage across NY.

Certain communities are real crime hot spots, though, for various reasons. A friend of mine served a short sentence in a rural county here, recently, for drunk driving. The stuff he heard about in jail would make anyone who is not a drug user wonder what the heck is going on in this country.

People are spraying chemicals on that spice stuff, from bug spray to who knows what. People are doing crazy, uncharacteristic stuff while high on spice. I think it's causing serious brain damage.

It is within the realm of possibility this guy could be a user of some nasty drugs.

People are mixing their drugs, too. Just terrible.

So I really hope this has spurred thoughtful discussion in MANY homes with children. The lesson is, if you can get away, RUN. If your friend can't get away, your friend is in a much better position if you are able to escape - and is more likely to be let go from a panicked perp. Leaving silently with a perp will end in your death. Even if you die trying to escape, you're no worse off than if you complied and were killed on the perp's own slow timetable.

Don't stay just because your friend is captured. Her only hope is you getting help.

A woman received the reward in the Jesse Matthew case:

"CBS 6 independently confirmed that Karen Monk will receive a reward for her quick-thinking actions that led to the arrest of Matthew over 1,000 miles from Virginia, on the Texas Bolivar Peninsula, near Galveston."

http://wtvr.com/2016/04/11/single-m...es-reward-money-for-jesse-matthew-arrest/amp/

YUP. She and Hannah together helped 'Save the Next Girl'. Jesse Matthew won't harm another. Hanna gave her life for that and KM took a very BIG chance.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member