IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid newby question." weigh stations"... Does LE check records of those passing through the day before and of that day coming in and out?

I believe they do as I think the weighing of the truck is associated with a tax for that particular truck.

That aside, and with all due respect, I dont think the trucker possibility is very high. First, the truck would have needed to be left somewhere and unattended trucks in areas not assosciated with rest stops etc. stand out.

Though the truck could have been involved in a delivery to the meat packing plant, I have worked at two industrial plants in the past. Nearly all truckers are paid by the delivery and want to be unloaded as soon as possible to get back on the road. At one plant, some truckers were even rumored to "tip" our fork lift operators to unload them ASAP, even if the plant was not truly ready for the material.

For a trucker waiting in an unloading line to leave his truck prior to the unloading would be seen as very unusual and a grounds for a complaint to his company if he was not ready to move the truck up the line when needed.

A trucker leaving his truck parked to the side at the plant after being unloaded and not getting on the road again immediately would have been noticable and seen as odd. The truck would not only be taking up space at the plant, but the driver's actions would not be following their customary "get back on the road asap" principal.

I believe I read that she was meeting up with her boyfriend and friends to go four wheeling, this may be why she didn't take anything with her. But I would agree not taking her phone was odd to me as well.

Even if this was the case, in my opinion Norvell would have taken her phone for pics

There are plenty of Mama Kohlhepps' out there.

It is disgusting.

Yep, the "My son is not a monster. He had no other choice. He was provoked" type of family members. Inexcusable and sickening.

Not sure if you are supposed to link your own videos on here it is anyways. Another map/theory video.
Sorry about the computerized voice, it's late & people are asleep nearby.

[video]https://youtu.be/umWDK8UrpO0[/video]

This is a pretty awesome video theory you put together. Nice work!!!

I'm impressed with some of the visual, video, audio and graphic artistry sleuthing skills being utilized in this case.

Well done, Independent Feed!

It seems to me the landowner is used to and frustrated by people trespassing on his property. I posted a link last night where he called to report a burglar in his barn back in 2014.

So perhaps parts of this creek are used by locals or known as a hangout spot. When I was a kid visiting my grandmother in rural Illinois, older relatives used to point out the "gypsies" who were camping by a local creek. I could see them on the creaked through the woods.

No, IMO this took a lot of work to be planned at the time.

No, still in my Jammie, on my couch in NY. lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Lol, me too. I just got dressed. (Work nights, but still...)

This case has consumed me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Anyone buried there recently, maybe recent funeral that had out of town family come in and noticed trail, possibly on Friday ?

FInd a Grave isn't that up to date. Burials aren't automatically added. Last burials I see on it are 2016 but I didn't check all 588 currently listed. Maybe check local obits?

Replying to the posted MSM piece in this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13191793 from the previous thread.

Authorities are arresting witnesses and others they question if there are outstanding warrants or other crimes come to light during questioning. Based upon stuff I have read in other WS threads, many people operate under the misconception that this doesn't happen; cops overlook other crimes in order to get information about a murder. I mean, you only have to watch The First 48 to know that this isn't the case, but here we have LE telling us point blank.

This concerns me. If the crime or warrant is for something violent, I understand, but this sounds like a blanket statement. I can see it discouraging tips from locals who worry about being arrested for something else if they come forward.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That's interesting. Years ago my brother was in a bad neighborhood, with bad company, doing drugs. My brother drove off and got away. When he got home, the police called him and said they knew it was him. They told him if he came to the station and gave his DNA, he wouldn't be charged because they were looking for an SK. So he went in.

I can't quite see the couple aspect of this crime, not if the police believe he was hitchhiking especially. A couple hitching would be far more memorable, in which case I think LE would allude to the possibility. Also, if no vehicle, if makes it seem less likely to me that any thought of trafficking, which always pops up, is not the case.

Imo, either he was seeking victims, or happened upon them.

My theory changed almost immediately once I got into Delphi. Originally I thought that maybe it was a random passerby possibly hitchhiking. It took me an hour to find this place via GPS and asking two separate people for directions. IMO there is no way someone just stumbled onto this bridge at the exact same time these two girls did.

I don't really have 1 solid theory. I think it was planned out very meticulously. IMO it was someone who knew the girls and knew they were going to be there and knew there was no school that day. Whether that was a Delphi citizen/family/friend or someone the girls met online and were thinking they were meeting up with, then along comes this guy in the middle of nowhere and they got spooked.

My other theory is that they were dropped off at the trail right beside highway 25/Hoosier Heartland, they walked across the top of the interstate and someone saw them, knew the area, and made a U-turn to catch up with them, knowing the bridge and hoping to catch them alone.

I don't think they parked in front of the trial or walked the trail from in town, that's a hike and their vehicle would have been sitting right on the road for all to see. I believe the perp parked at the back of the cemetery where it was kind of hidden, came in the northeast side of the woods and cased the area, watching the girls for a while to plan just the right moment to confront them for the attack. He saw them at the Southwest side of the bridge where its desolate and secluded and followed them, I think they saw him and got scared and and started walking fast to the North end, this is closest to any kind of population, other walkers, and the house right on the road. My first thought in that situation is to try and get somewhere safe where other people are. They snapped a photo over their shoulder but kept moving. I think he was walking very fast and trying to watch his step to catch up and this is why his feet/foot looks strange in the one picture.

Maybe once they got to the end of the trail they felt a little more relaxed and safer? Anyway, I think he caught up with them at the end and somehow accosted them and made them go up the East side of the bridge into the woods, there's a hill there and you can't see over it from the bridge or path and led them back towards the cemetery, and took them down closer to the water because it's hidden, did whatever horrible things I cannot even think about and left immediately. I'm sure he asked them what time they were going to be picked up, he knew he was on a time schedule and wasn't going to waste time hiking all over the woods and through the water or dragging bodies.

But............I honestly have no idea what happened! LOL
That's just my theory. I hope they catch this soon!

In my opinion, and after spending time in 2 of them,
Delphi. Kokomo. and Atlanta Indiana are towns where everybody knows everybody

My theory changed almost immediately once I got into Delphi. Originally I thought that maybe it was a random passerby possibly hitchhiking. It took me an hour to find this place via GPS and asking two separate people for directions. IMO there is no way someone just stumbled onto this bridge at the exact same time these two girls did.

I don't really have 1 solid theory. I think it was planned out very meticulously. IMO it was someone who knew the girls and knew they were going to be there and knew there was no school that day. Whether that was a Delphi citizen/family/friend or someone the girls met online and were thinking they were meeting up with, then along comes this guy in the middle of nowhere and they got spooked.

My other theory is that they were dropped off at the trail right beside highway 25/Hoosier Heartland, they walked across the top of the interstate and someone saw them, knew the area, and made a U-turn to catch up with them, knowing the bridge and hoping to catch them alone.

I don't think they parked in front of the trial or walked the trail from in town, that's a hike and their vehicle would have been sitting right on the road for all to see. I believe the perp parked at the back of the cemetery where it was kind of hidden, came in the northeast side of the woods and cased the area, watching the girls for a while to plan just the right moment to confront them for the attack. He saw them at the Southwest side of the bridge where its desolate and secluded and followed them, I think they saw him and got scared and and started walking fast to the North end, this is closest to any kind of population, other walkers, and the house right on the road. My first thought in that situation is to try and get somewhere safe where other people are. They snapped a photo over their shoulder but kept moving. I think he was walking very fast and trying to watch his step to catch up and this is why his feet/foot looks strange in the one picture.

Maybe once they got to the end of the trail they felt a little more relaxed and safer? Anyway, I think he caught up with them at the end and somehow accosted them and made them go up the East side of the bridge into the woods, there's a hill there and you can't see over it from the bridge or path and led them back towards the cemetery, and took them down closer to the water because it's hidden, did whatever horrible things I cannot even think about and left immediately. I'm sure he asked them what time they were going to be picked up, he knew he was on a time schedule and wasn't going to waste time hiking all over the woods and through the water or dragging bodies.

But............I honestly have no idea what happened! LOL
That's just my theory. I hope they catch this soon!

Thank you very much, there are a lot of points in there that I agree with and can see why you would think that. I'm sure if they release more info most of our theories will need to be tweaked or completely changed ;)

Well, I was wondering if this could be possible. Paddling in jeans would suck though. I think LE has some kind of car info i.e. tire tracks somewhere based on them stopping people in their cars to interview them.

Well, we all know the ultimate monster Canadian murderer Russell Williams was caught because of his tire (and boot) tracks left - and as a DIRECT RESULT of a ROADSIDE CANVAS - so we can hope this will happen in this case.

Did you see that 35 minute overhead video by the news station? There is a point in time where they focus the camera on the big mud puddle in the parking lot near the overpass bridge (over the Hoosier Highway).

I believe that LE MAY have tire tracks from that location - solely based on that video. I will link it and do some screengrabs tonight.

Can someone catch me up on why we are focusing on the cemetery now? (Very busy at work and way behind threads)

this is true too. So why wouldn't someone recognize this person? I think it's because everyone looks alike? If I counted 1 baggy jeaned, hoodie wearing, blue coat guy in boots, I counted 30. In fact the searcher I stopped to ask directions was wearing all of that and looked identical to the description. Maybe someone doesn't want to turn in a tip because "no way that could be pastor so-in-so or neighbor Billybob"? I don't know. It baffles me.

I agree. These workers are highly skilled in their trade or trades. They are also in high demand. I can't tell you hard it is to find someone to fix a wooden fence where I live. They are definitely an important part of society.
Exactly. And they do take classes, have to follow all kinds of building codes and laws, pass tests every couple of years, iirc, etc. Just because a job doesn't require a college degree, doesn't mean it doesn't require skills. You can also make decent money!

Can someone catch me up on why we are focusing on the cemetery now? (Very busy at work and way behind threads)

No special reason. Might have been a convenient parking spot for the perp.

In looking closely at the two pictures of the perpetrator, I am wondering if the brown (whatever it is...pocket, brown hoodie sweatshirt, fanny pack, etc.) hanging down from his waist might hold a pistol (looks like it bulges). But, I notice the bulky looking object in his blue jacket and wonder if that could be a set of binoculars. Just wondering here and throwing it out there for discussion (or not). I bet he would have a pair of binoculars if he's on the prowl, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa