GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Here's hoping we know/learn something in a couple of weeks!:crossfingers:

slight reason to be optimistic- I have a detective:detective: who I know is actively investigating this case. Hopefully she sees what I do and it will be a match!!!:crossfingers::praying:

In some cases I've seen, once a body is located, new clues are revealed as to whom the killer might be. It's a first step towards justice. But more importantly, I want Mark's remains brought home to his parents for burial. They need this before they die. They are the sweetest people. I'm not in this for fame or reward money.

Mark is on my mind tonight, since I heard from the detective today. Forgot to mention to you people two other reasons beyond the sketch and the proximity to Portland why this UID could be Mark: the age range is right and the height for the skeleton is only two inches difference from the height they have listed for Mark.

Been trying to read this thread for a long time. Finally was able to. I have a few thoughts that I am surprised no one brought up.

Post #106 by Kemo has info on the bar.

As for the Eagle Bar being a "Leather Bar"; was it the only gay bar around?

Think back to 1999. The net was just starting to get popular. I swore I'd never have a computer but got one. I met a gal at a rose forum who lived in CA; she had a son that had passed away from AIDS. Does anyone remember AIDS back then? Secrecy; panic; terror... I do wonder if they still have samples of Mark's blood from then & if it was tested. I am not saying Mark had AIDS; just saying that it's possible it's part of what originally happened. What if the lover tested positive?

He was possibly last seen at the bar on the 3rd. What if it was actually the 2nd or very early morning such as 12:30am on the 3rd; so it would be the same time frame of Mark calling out of work... Any idea what time he worked? He calls out; meets the person at the bar. They eventually go back to Mark's to talk but it turns bad.

Curious who the friend was that reported him missing or was it his work that called to say he never came in?

*Edit - where is Mark's SUV? Do LE still have it?

Map - *Note Portland airport is above B & C
A - Eagle Tavern
B - Mark's house
C - Mark's car

Is anyone running the Help Find Mark Dribin FB page?

Rereading old posts on this thread. We don't know who called in to United Airlines, only that he spoke to Mark's supervisor, so presumably Mark's supervisor would recognize his voice. It was his co-workers who went to search his apartment when he failed to show up for work.
I'm struck by Roselover's map, which I don't think I was previously aware of- but Mark actually lived very close to Highway/Interstate 205, which is a straight shot down to Linn, where the UID was found!

So sorry that this was not a match.

I'm sorry LinasK :( it certainly was a valiant effort, with a lot of similarities.

That's really a shame. I'm so sorry. You've worked so hard. :(

Sorry no match. Just checking this thread and was hopeful. Prayers.

Sorry no match. Just checking this thread and was hopeful. Prayers.

Thank you, it's always nice to have more people contributing and paying attention in the hopes that it will lead to a break in the case. I think we could find a perp easier if his body was located, but at least I have a detective reinvestigating now, so that's something.

just finished reading this whole thread. linked here by linask signature line. I have nothing to add just hoping for a resolution like the rest. my prayers for you and family linask. how is his parents doing?

I join with you in praying for answers. Sending prayers of love and comfort out to Mark's family and friends.

Hopefully an answer will come soon. You are a remarkable person LinasK. Your compassion and caring shines through all of your posts. I pray that you
will soon have answers.

came after about a year to check in on this case that has been close to my heart since i joined websleuths. as i was reading the last few pages, i was so hoping i'd reach page 18 and see a post from linas announcing that the UID had been a match. the nose and eyes were so strikingly similar.

linas, you mentioned you had a set of 9 possibilities you'd narrowed down to 3; have any of the other 8 been tested?

Hi-I've just learned about Mark tonight, while working the night shift. A lot of people commented that someone must know who he was dating. I think that it's possible no one did. I feel maybe it was someone he met online? This makes my wonder if a computer was possibly one of the items stolen from his home? This could be done to hide an evidence trail. I also think it may be possible that he didn't truly have a personal emergency, but a date. He was said to have a very good work history, and we all need a day off once in awhile, maybe it was the only time this person could meet....maybe meeting him for the first time. Lots of maybes.....but it could very well have been a set up, if the individual knew where he lived...had arranged for a date at the bar, didn't show up, and was waiting for Mark in his home, with plans to assault him. Or possible they could have been there to rob him at the agreed meeting time, and Mark walked in on it? In that regard, it's very plausible that no one at the bar would have seen him with, or leaving with anyone.
Not to be sickening, but I am wondering if only blood was found, or body fluids? If strictly blood, that seems less like someone he really knew or was dating.

Hi. I'm new to the site and somehow Mark's case got on my radar and got my interest. Have unidentified remains like the one below (see link) been checked against his DNA? Maybe it seems like a shot in the dark, but these bones were found in Portland, the city in which Mark went missing (the estimated height might be a little too tall, but perhaps it's was over-estimated). There could be other similar unidentified cases as well.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8297

When unidentified remains are found, are they automatically checked against missing persons cases? I've seen conflicting information about this posted. I would assume that's the point of DNA databases, but I don't see any rule-outs noted for Mark or the above case.

Hi. I'm new to the site and somehow Mark's case got on my radar and got my interest. Have unidentified remains like the one below (see link) been checked against his DNA? Maybe it seems like a shot in the dark, but these bones were found in Portland, the city in which Mark went missing (the estimated height might be a little too tall, but perhaps it's was over-estimated). There could be other similar unidentified cases as well.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8297

When unidentified remains are found, are they automatically checked against missing persons cases? I've seen conflicting information about this posted. I would assume that's the point of DNA databases, but I don't see any rule-outs noted for Mark or the above case.

I'm pretty sure I turned that UP in a few years ago.

As for if DNA is compared, it should be but we don't know who holds each sample since we can't see that info any more so you have to hand in potential matches

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back