IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think money would mean a thing to this persons wife or close family If he has either. Imagine what it would do to you knowing someone you love so much can do such a evil act JMO

First time posting in this thread, but I agree with this. I don't think this man has a wife or kids and if he does, I would think they have been long estranged, but this man is clearly a sociopath, and whatever loved one he may have might be too afraid of him to ever report him, or be so convinced that he is a wonderful and caring man that they man never think he was capable of such a crime. Sociopaths are a special sort of evil. I was also talking to a few friends about this case and we were talking about how we didn't care if it was our flesh and blood, we would turn a tip into the police if it meant bringing justice and saving others in the future. One disagreed and said he would turn in anyone but his father because his father never turned his back in him through all the thing so he went through in his life, and how he could never turn in his dad because of that. Obviously he has never been faced with this in real life, and I think the answer would change if he was faced with this, but the loyalty some people have for another is sometimes placed above morals and ethics, and that's something to keep in mind too. Fear, oblivion and loyalty could all be factors on why no one has come forward.

As far as the reward, I think they should stop it before people wait to come forward knowing it could possibly grow. I don't think the money will ever be enough for someone who know him and is protecting him out of, again, fear, oblivion, or loyalty. I think the reward will help make the public more aware to be on the lookout and for word to spread about this man. It's more likely IMO for a passerby to see this man and call in substantial tip because of the huge manhunt over a person that may have knowledge.

Hoping someone sees something or comes forward soon, this has been given me nightmares and putting me on edge since it happened, and I can only imagine how their poor family feels. No one should lose their babies like this.

Very informative. To add to this I just read a couple articles that the FBI states the number one profession for SK is truckdriver.

Can you send a link to that ..I see a mixture of jobs on s site I looked at.

"In the 16 days since two girls were found murdered in a popular hiking area near their hometown of Delphi, Indiana, investigators from 25 different police departments have received more than 9,000 tips — but are no closer to solving a case that has sent shudders of fear through their close-knit community."

And

“And it goes on 24 hours a day,” Slocum told The Post Thursday. “We’re working as hard as we can to solve this case.”

http://nypost.com/2017/03/02/massiv...d-girls-generates-tons-of-tips-but-few-leads/

New article.

"...but are no closer to solving a case..." I didn't like that phrasing :(

I feel like he preyed on these girls in one way or another and it wasn't a case of only murder. jmho. I'd love to know the stats, but I'm sure a large percentage of serial killers or those that kill females have some sort of sexual motive behind it.

People can do really heinous things while high on drugs.

In the northern part of the state, a couple were in the bedroom smoking synthetic weed. He went off for no apparent reason, stabbed her to death and gutted her. One article said family members were in the living room while this was going on.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/...-gets-life-without-parole-in-slaying-10830632

I'm not ruling out the speculation that BG (and maybe a friend) were getting high down there along the creek, saw the girls and just decided to go for them.

As a side note, I think someone could very easily hide under the bridge without being seen until the person on the bridge was directly above them.

If he did not seek out the girls and went to the bridge hoping to attack a female - any lone female - he probably brought supplies such as ties or rope. It makes me wonder if only had enough rope or ties to subdue one person. He must have felt very sure of himself to approach two people in daylight and think he could control them, especially if he did not have ties for two people. If his plan changed from one to two victims, he is brazen

so a DRONE captured this video 2 days before the murders! Possible a SK could be using a drone to capture the times of day that folks are out and about

BBM
I've read this theory several times and while your comment happened to be the most recent to quote, I am wondering, why you and others think Abby would be the "target" and not Libby?

Still catching up, but IMO, Abby would be easier to control just due to her slight build.

Another video walking from north to south. Crazy how bad sections of the bridge are. [video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

Turning in a close relative would create havoc for the family. Any reward would not be paid until a conviction, as a rule. This could be a few years away. It is not like they make a call and get a check. So not so simple. The names of his relatives would be known in a matter of days, probably. There would be a lot to endure and they may not have the means to get out of town.

Perhaps the tip that matters will come from a casual contact. I feel for LE, trawling through so many "tips" that may be little more than vague opinions. Jmo

I wonder if one reason so many billboards were put into play is as out reach to vagrant/homeless populations. Those groups might have far more limited access to TV, radio and paper news. Sigh. Mostly I'm trying to think of any explanation for the massive # of BB that does not lead back to the crimes being so extra awful.
The billboards in other states either indicates they think this person is traveling, ie as a profession like truckdriver in which case they want other truckers to see it in case it triggers some recognition, or railroad for the same reason being very mobile to different states, or that he is on the run. I think it is worth thinking about that they didn't just put billboards in the surrounding states, but nationwide.

If he did not seek out the girls and went to the bridge hoping to attack a female - any lone female - he probably brought supplies such as ties or rope. It makes me wonder if only had enough rope or ties to subdue one person. He must have felt very sure of himself to approach two people in daylight and think he could control them, especially if he did not have ties for two people. If his plan changed from one to two victims, he is brazen

I think he did bring supplies. I think people are right when saying it appears his jacket is bulky, and that there's something below his chin .. I've wondered if maybe that's some kind of satchel/bag/pack/grocery bag/etc... with supplies that he didn't want to hold while crossing the bridge, so tucked it into his jacket. If you take the photo of him and put it through a number of crop/sharpens, adjusting contrast/light/color, those white "grocery bag ties" take on a more 3d quality. I have a photo Ive done this with, and it looks like there's definitely something bulkier at his chest sticking up from inside the jacket.. the "white ties" are just part of it.

<modsnip>
Maybe we can discuss another aspect of this case? We have an ER Doctor on WS, I am not sure if she needs to be a verified insider to discuss HIPAA Law in regards to the suspect possibly seeking medical care after a crime with us?

I am really curious how Doctors would report a suspect in a crime like this and legally, if they are allowed to do so?

ER doctors are mandatory reporters. So things like gun shots and dog bites and suspected abuse will have a LE officer in your room. I am not an ER doctor. I have however been at the ER when these things have happened.

People can do really heinous things while high on drugs.

In the northern part of the state, a couple were in the bedroom smoking synthetic weed. He went off for no apparent reason, stabbed her to death and gutted her. One article said family members were in the living room while this was going on.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/...-gets-life-without-parole-in-slaying-10830632

I'm not ruling out the speculation that BG (and maybe a friend) were getting high down there along the creek, saw the girls and just decided to go for them.

As a side note, I think someone could very easily hide under the bridge without being seen until the person on the bridge was directly above them.

The still pic and voice memo don't look that way though JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The billboards in other states either indicates they think this person is traveling, ie as a profession like truckdriver in which case they want other truckers to see it in case it triggers some recognition, or railroad for the same reason being very mobile to different states, or that he is on the run. I think it is worth thinking about that they didn't just put billboards in the surrounding states, but nationwide.

Or could be they have no idea where he is from and want to touch any one traveling to help find him...in case he is from another state.

so a DRONE captured this video 2 days before the murders! Possible a SK could be using a drone to capture the times of day that folks are out and about
I found it odd as well...2 days before the murders. Coincidence? I just don't know. I find drones scary & just do not feel it's a good idea to allow their use by just anyone. MOO

"...but are no closer to solving a case..." I didn't like that phrasing :(

How can they find someone no one knows?

What if it's a teen?
We all are looking at men older men.
What if it's not?
Could be a very athletic teen.
Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online