Resolved KY - Louisville, Wht/NtvMale, 50-70, found near Outer Loop, Feb'17 - Name withheld

bflocket

Reaction score
I didn't see that anyone had started a thread on these remains, so I'm starting one. If there was one, either disregard this one or merge them.

There were some bones found by a man changing his tire this past Saturday. They've released more details today. They say that it could be a "Native American" man, but since it's just bones they're more than likely not necessarily full-blooded or someone that identified as such. At least, I don't know of any NA Reservations anywhere near Louisville. And there are a gazillion people around her that claim to have "some Indian in them," and you just have to take their word for it.

Description of victim released after human bones found near Outer Loop, I-65
WAVE-3 (Louisville, KY)
2/27/2017
Human bones found Saturday near Outer Loop and Interstate 65 may be those of a man of Native American decent, Louisville Metro police say.

Lt. Emily McKinley with the LMPD Homicide Unit said police need the public's help to determine what happened to the man, whom she described as a white man, possibly in his late 60s with long black hair and arthritis. He's believed to have been between 5'11" and 6'3" tall.

LMPD releases more details about human remains found on Outer Loop at I-65
WDRB Fox-41 (Louisville, KY)
2/27/2017
Based on an autopsy performed Sunday on the remains, officials say it's believed the person was a white male, possibly of American Indian descent. The man may have been between 5'11 and 6'3.

It's believed the man was in his 50s or 60s.

The man may have had long black hair, according to McKinley.

Investigators say the man walked a lot and may have had arthritis.

Authorities say a tan button-up shirt was found near the remains.

And, actually there was another body (male) just found (within the past few hours) in a pond in SW Jefferson County near Valley Station. They're calling it a "death investigation" thus far. I don't know if they know who it is yet, but they probably have more info that they're not releasing yet.

Thanks for posting this friend. I've been searching for my neighbor, who was last heard from in Louisville. He had Native American blood. The last time I saw him, he had long hair, but was balding on the top. He has a facebook page, but he hasn't posted since October of 2013. After all the crime this past year, I have been searching for him. None of his family have heard from him.

Ok, his Grandfather was Cherokee.

One of the guest viewing is John's sister.

She doesn't seem to think it is him.

Daniel Skenandore has been missing 21 years. He was 41 when last seen. Has a crippled left hand.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/36694

8a4f37fd51171f1184d517159d0e4ed7.jpg

I am originally from Hardin County Kentucky which is about 50 miles south of Jefferson County. I 65 runs north/south and the Outerloop connects to it. The outerloop can go all the way out to Dixie Highway which can carry you into Meade County/Hardin County/Fort Knox area. The Ohio Rivers is near all of this. He may be from out of state, a trucker could have dropped him off. There is a truck stop not far from Outerloop in the town of Shepherdsville. I have not seen anything come across my FB about the discovery except pretty much what is here, but I can reach out to family and friends in the area and see if they have heard anything.

EDIT: I just spoke to a friend that lives about 2 miles from where he was discovered. Said he could have been there since last fall and some reports are saying he may be Asian. Also, it was first reported he was found in a bag but that has been dismissed.

I checked Native, Asian, Latino and then went back to Native. Nobody in that age range reported missing has long hair! No telling if this guy still has his long hair (20 years later). I thought the crippled hand could indicate early onset arthritis though so I posted him.

I am originally from Hardin County Kentucky which is about 50 miles south of Jefferson County. I 65 runs north/south and the Outerloop connects to it. The outerloop can go all the way out to Dixie Highway which can carry you into Meade County/Hardin County/Fort Knox area. The Ohio Rivers is near all of this. He may be from out of state, a trucker could have dropped him off. There is a truck stop not far from Outerloop in the town of Shepherdsville. I have not seen anything come across my FB about the discovery except pretty much what is here, but I can reach out to family and friends in the area and see if they have heard anything.

EDIT: I just spoke to a friend that lives about 2 miles from where he was discovered. Said he could have been there since last fall and some reports are saying he may be Asian. Also, it was first reported he was found in a bag but that has been dismissed.

Are you sure you're not mixing up Outer Loop (KY-1065) with the Gene Snyder (I-265/KY-841)? Despite its name (and likely due to urban/suburban sprawl), Outer Loop goes pretty much east/west over about 1/3 of Louisville's southern edge, at the most. I'm only familiar with the eastern half of the road from going to Jefferson Mall from Bardstown Road. The main route in that area would be I-65. Outer Loop only goes west of I-65 until about halfway b/w Dixie Highway (US-31W/US60) and I-65, so getting to West Point or Ft Knox wouldn't be such a straight shot. I-65 is a straight shot from near the Gulf of Mexico to the Chicago area.

Outerloop extends to Dixie Hwy. Minors Lane area where he was found was between I 65 and Dixie Hwy on OuterLoop. I know Gene Snyder (or in winter we called Gene SLIDER) also connects.

I was trying to date the shorts too. But even if he has been missing since before 1997, he could have picked up the clothes from a salvation army or a homeless facility right? The cross necklace is the linking piece I bet. Clothes can be changed but that might have been his only asset.

I notice that on the NamUs page, under 'Clothing and Accessories,' in the 'Jewelry' section it reads "Arabic configured white crucifix attached to black fabric necklace."

The item is clearly an ankh, and not some form of crucifix.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankh

Dumb question: Is that something that the case manager or LE might want to know? (Should I bother telling them?)

Something else that jumped out at me was that he had "dreadlocks ranging from 2-6" in length."

MOO, but I wonder if it might help get someone to remember seeing this UID if LE were to point out to the public that he had dreadlocks and an ankh necklace. That combo might click in someone's memory more than just saying 'male between 35 and 80.'

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back