IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp]“Where we started was not too far from where they were found,” she said. “We kind of went over the walking bridges and so it was just dark, a lot of traffic, it was just kind of scary.”
[/FONT]
http://wlfi.com/2017/03/06/one-volunteer-recalls-night-of-delphi-search-party/[FONT=&amp]
Fits in my original theory that the searchers did not cross the river that night. Sounds like a group of people rushed to the scene unprepared for a night search. [/FONT]
According to scanner traffic (there isn't much) Delphi Fire was toned out for the search at 7:02pm with second tones at 7:06pm. Camden Fire was toned at 8:01pm. There was a call to regroup at 8:44pm and then a call for a return to the station to be briefed at 11:20pm. The last search related broadcast was at 12:50am (telling "28" to back in where "30" is - don't know what the numbers refer to) but no indication of when it officially ended for the night. So there were people out there that were likely prepared for a night search - in addition to any police, sheriff, and DNR people. There is no clear indication of exactly what areas were searched.

Saw an electronic billboard today in Roanoke, VA Unfortunately, it flashed back to a regular advertisement way too quickly. No one would be able to study the photo very much.

There are plenty of plausible things to consider but many prefer to stay in their comfort zones and look for mirages in the leaves or talk about serial killers, hoodies, fanny packs and sex offenders, again.
During the press conference, Assistant Special Agent Massa(sp?) said to consider the behavior indicators located on the FBI's webpage. Haven't seen a link for the behavior indicators posted here or discussion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

IMO it [behavioral indicators] hasn't been discussed here much because that would be most relevant to someone who actually knows the guy. LE is hoping the photos, audio and behavior indicators will help bring in a credible tip from someone who can directly observe this stuff in person or who had prior personal contact with the perp. Maybe it would make sense to discuss if it were a private group of locals wracking their brains as to whether anyone in the community or anyone passing through recently, using local services, matched that description.

I agree, though, that scrutinizing the photos is not very purposeful-- if there were anything to glean there the feds would have figured it out in the first 24 hrs (and maybe they have and will use it to help build the case.) But it's something to do while we're waiting.

One thing I find interesting is the discussion of accents. Again, the feds will have their own experts for that and know more than random people on the Internet, but it's fascinating how much people (even within the region) can disagree on that with such certainty. To me the accent is an important clue. Even if the guy no longer lives in the region revealed by his speech patterns, it's still a clue to his background and therefore, in some way, his identity.

I suspect the "pristine" condition came after they cleared the scene and left it cleaner than it was before they arrived. After sifting through debris, brush, whatever ... they probably raked and possibly broomed the area after the search for evidence. JMO

ETA
I see Elly Mae posted what may be better info. Feel free to disregard my thought on the condition being pristine before or after.

Thanks for your thoughts on that.

RE: The phone pinging "all over town".

Just a couple of theories about this. (other than the already discussed leave crime scene and return scenario)

1- This is a rural area. What if they were in a "low coverage" area and were in and out of range of their "home" service provider and then started "roaming"? Maybe this could be where it was pinging "all over" as it was bouncing to/from the two towers.

2- Another two tower theory. What if one (closest) tower was "busy" and the phone picked up a signal from a further tower. An example of this would be how sometimes you can be in the same spot and have full signal bars and at other times you have only 2 signal bars.

https://youtu.be/Ysc6WSMuLpU Must have been one of Libby's parents then. According to this interview with Abby's grandfather, she was raised by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for sharing that. He expressed his feelings so eloquently and I admire his statement about their faith. Prayers for all her family and friends...

Keep in mind, LE has said the recorded words say "down the hill".... He definitely says GO or very fast ga.... Libby left this for US and they have that wrong... WE COULD be the key... If we focus...

I focused like a 35mm with a long scope and still fail to see how 'go down the hill' gives us any more information than 'down the hill'. If anything at all, the photos and audio eliminate many people but are so generic as to look and sound like every Caucasian male over 15 and under 80 within 300 miles of Delphi.

I'm really bothered by the discussion of the pinging cellphone because I'm not clear on how we're meant to interpret the statement. When he said the phone was pinging "all over town" did he mean the phone was sending pings to towers all over town? (Which is info that can actually be used to locate a cellphone if it's stationary), or was it implying that the phone itself was "all over town" and sending pings to (an unspecified number of) towers? If I'm not crazy I think I've read discussion in which people have assumed either one or other other and it would be nice to know which one it actually is. For my part, I've always assumed that it meant that towers all over town were receiving pings from the phone, up until it was either turned off or ran out of power. But then, how many cell towers does Delphi even have?

From the article.
"The audio is "evidence of a crime," Perrine said, explaining that police "don't want to release too much at this point. Right now the audio we released is the best audio we have of the suspect."

Sounds like they do have more audio, as suspected.

what I take from that is that the rest of the audio is of the girls. :(

“I think people want answers and I think they’re trying to connect the dots themselves and they’re speculating and jumping to conclusions,” said Sgt. Perrine. “Right now, we don’t have any information that connects this case in Delphi to any other case that’s going on right now – or any past case.”

More than 10,000 tips have come in regarding the girls' deaths, but ISP continues to wrestle with people playing detective and spreading false narratives about developments in the case.

"The facts will come out. Those facts will come from us, and they’ll come from reliable news sources,” said Sgt. Perrine.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...se-dont-spread-rumors-in-delphi-investigation

I've missed a LOT here, so please forgive me if this has already been answered. But did they actually find Libbys phone, or did they just retrieve the video/photo/audio from the cloud?
Do you think it could be possibly that he was disturbed? Which is why he was so sloppy if indeed Libbys phone was left with her? (I know LE hasnt confirmed/denied, thinking out loud)
It is a public place and it makes me wonder if the poor girls were killed quickly to satisfy his sick urge but also make a quick exit to stop him being spotted. Hence NO witnesses as such. (other than libby.) :(
It's almost as if he is a ghost (figuratively speaking)

Moo.

Surely his behaviour and demeanor was noticeably different to someone that knows him.
Even as a stone cold killer with no remorse, he would have been pumped up on adrenaline from the killings and evading attention and detection.
It's hard to believe he dusted himself off, took a deep breath and walked back into the light of day with no hint of the destruction he created. Someone must have a suspicion. Come on man! Speak up.

Maybe he is always surly, interspersed with some niceness, so no one notices or pays attention to his foul moods.

Do you think it could be possibly that he was disturbed? Which is why he was so sloppy if indeed Libbys phone was left with her? (I know LE hasnt confirmed/denied, thinking out loud)
It is a public place and it makes me wonder if the poor girls were killed quickly to satisfy his sick urge but also make a quick exit to stop him being spotted. Hence NO witnesses as such. (other than libby.) :(
It's almost as if he is a ghost (figuratively speaking)

Moo.

As in people calling their names?

I would like to think LE could use resources to triangulate the girls cell signal based on the map bellow, The issue may be that in small town the coverage area tends to overlap more bc of the distance and less cell towers therefor a little trickier to track. Hence the phone maybe in the edge of each towers range and be pinging back and forth. Also LE I dont believe has stated that the phone/phones were pinging around town. They may have initially believed this based on what the grandfather stated, But I believe this was made early on before LE had a chance to triangulate it and get more indept details. All just MOO Below is a map to show how triangulation works.

2867853394_7703d6c99f.jpg

Edited to add: This is just a general graphic to show in leymans terms how a cell phone is triangulated and in no way implies anything as direct evidence in this case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52