IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking they do have DNA on their killer.But maybe he is not in the system.Like Somer Thompson's case.But Somer Thompson's killer was in their files early on.I pray they catch Abby and Libby's killer soon.Not knowing if this was a sexual assault on them.I don't know what or who to look for.

First time poster regarding this case.

Surely somebody out there recognises this man. I don't imagine he has too many jackets, like the average person. Surely the set up of the navy jacket and brown hoodie underneath has been used before. He MUST be on CCTV somewhere, he MUST have said spoken to someone that morning or come into contact with someone somewhere.

Someone knows straight off the bat who this guy is.

You would think so. The investigators have released so much information considering the pictures and voice snippet. In some cases, no news is good news. In this case, no news is good news in that no one else has been identified as a victim of this man since the crime occurred on February 13, 2017.

The bad news is, as of tonight, no suspect has been arrested. Whatever other evidence is available that might help the public identify this POI, without compromising the integrity of the investigation, it should be released while the country and media is paying attention.

I can't see anything :(

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I see the side of a bridge support. Most likely some rocks, grass, and some dirt. No cars, dogs, floating heads, people hiding behind trees etc. I know people want to see something, but drawing arrows and circles doesn't confirm anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asha Degree was Valentine's as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've been wondering if there could be some significance in the fact it happened on Valentine's day. I've been looking for Valentine's day cold cases and all I've found so far is this: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=
I would imagine if there was DNA, a connection would have already been made, though.

I thought the murder happened on the 13th

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Maybe he is always surly, interspersed with some niceness, so no one notices or pays attention to his foul moods.

Very possible but his surliness could also be more pronounced especially once he realised he hadn't got away as cleanly as he first thought [video/audio etc].

That's really been bothering me a lot too.About their murders happened around Valentines Day.
I've been wondering if there could be some significance in the fact it happened on Valentine's day. I've been looking for Valentine's day cold cases and all I've found so far is this: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=
I would imagine if there was DNA, a connection would have already been made, though.

I'm thinking they do have DNA on their killer.But maybe he is not in the system.Like Somer Thompson's case.But Somer Thompson's killer was in their files early on.I pray they catch Abby and Libby's killer soon.Not knowing if this was a sexual assault on them.I don't know what or who to look for.

The have his DNA ... it's in the news. It can be matched to a known person, or another crime scene. If he has been careful in the past, then the DNA will not help. I'm confident that this is not his first time abducting and murdering.

"On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

I can say that the suspect is a sexual predator. Why else does an man kidnap and murder two young girls?

My opinion of the accent is southeast Indiana - south of I-70 and not much west of I-65, east to Ohio but not east of I-77 (though not Columbus (OH), Dayton, Cincinnati) and south to the Ohio river. Still a big area. Somewhere in that area. I surely could be wrong.

I grew up mostly in the more Northern part of Ky. I have friends in nearby parts of Ohio and both friends/relatives in Indiana. When I heard the audio file, it was pretty much like when I saw his pics, he sounded like most of the guys I know & have been around. Now, people like my parents/grandparents - who are from, as we sometimes say, "down in the country", or in my mom's case from "the mountains" - they really have the noticeable southern, country or "hick" drawl.

jmo

What linguist is this? Do you have a link? From Indiana to Kentucky is quite a stretch for different accents, at least from th peoole I have talked with from both areas.
It was on a national morning news show and they had 2 linguist giving their opinions. I will see if I can find it tomorrow.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Is there a facebook account concerning this case? I can't find a "Justice for Abbey& Libby" anyone?

IMO it [behavioral indicators] hasn't been discussed here much because that would be most relevant to someone who actually knows the guy. LE is hoping the photos, audio and behavior indicators will help bring in a credible tip from someone who can directly observe this stuff in person or who had prior personal contact with the perp. Maybe it would make sense to discuss if it were a private group of locals wracking their brains as to whether anyone in the community or anyone passing through recently, using local services, matched that description.

I agree, though, that scrutinizing the photos is not very purposeful-- if there were anything to glean there the feds would have figured it out in the first 24 hrs (and maybe they have and will use it to help build the case.) But it's something to do while we're waiting.

One thing I find interesting is the discussion of accents. Again, the feds will have their own experts for that and know more than random people on the Internet, but it's fascinating how much people (even within the region) can disagree on that with such certainty. To me the accent is an important clue. Even if the guy no longer lives in the region revealed by his speech patterns, it's still a clue to his background and therefore, in some way, his identity.
Great points! Someone posted that a sociolinguistist said accent possibility Kentucky/Indiana.

The news just reported that Libby and Abbys family will hold a news conference on Thursday.

MOO. BG does not have a southern accent at all, nor does he have a northern (Michigan) or eastern(New York) accent. He sounds just like most people do from Central Indiana. Down in southern Indiana or rural towns in Indiana, you will sometimes hear a southern accent. I am not sure why rural town folks in Indiana tend to have southern accents. My guess is that BG is from a larger midwestern city, no further north than Indiana/Michigan state line and not further south than Indiana/Kentucky state line. Could be from central Ohio. All MOO

Maybe they can do this.-According to FindLaw, a “familial DNA search is a search by law enforcement in DNA databases for genetic information indicating a relative of a person they seek to identify.” If law enforcement officials have a DNA sample from a crime scene, they first try to see whether there is an exact match in a DNA database.
The have his DNA ... it's in the news. It can be matched to a known person, or another crime scene. If he has been careful in the past, then the DNA will not help. I'm confident that this is not his first time abducting and murdering.

"On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

I can say that the suspect is a sexual predator. Why else does an man kidnap and murder two young girls?

Please see my post on dna information in the media thread. Post #49, I think. After this article, police released a statement saying they did NOT confirm dna evidence.

I believe there is some but that quote is no longer valid as a source.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Is there a facebook account concerning this case? I can't find a "Justice for Abbey& Libby" anyone?
There are a few of them. I stay away for the most part

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members