IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think LE could use resources to triangulate the girls cell signal based on the map bellow, The issue may be that in small town the coverage area tends to overlap more bc of the distance and less cell towers therefor a little trickier to track. Hence the phone maybe in the edge of each towers range and be pinging back and forth. Also LE I dont believe has stated that the phone/phones were pinging around town. They may have initially believed this based on what the grandfather stated, But I believe this was made early on before LE had a chance to triangulate it and get more indept details. All just MOO Below is a map to show how triangulation works.

2867853394_7703d6c99f.jpg

Edited to add: This is just a general graphic to show in leymans terms how a cell phone is triangulated and in no way implies anything as direct evidence in this case....

Skibaboo has a map with the cell towers. It would be interesting to Overlay those with location found after the fact.

Also, Skibs thought the nearest tower wasnt working iirc,? She's probably asleep on the other side of the pond though.

Great points! Someone posted that a sociolinguistist said accent possibility Kentucky/Indiana.

I just find it dubious that any linguist or we armchair detectives could make a clear discernment of dialect from that short clip that has been shared. It wouldn't surprise me if LE have it narrowed down with the full audio that they have (and a linguist or team of), though.

The have his DNA ... it's in the news. It can be matched to a known person, or another crime scene. If he has been careful in the past, then the DNA will not help. I'm confident that this is not his first time abducting and murdering.

"On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

I can say that the suspect is a sexual predator. Why else does an man kidnap and murder two young girls?

The sheriff clarified that he did not confirm DNA evidence.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/24/carroll-co-sheriff-clears-up-misconceptions-on-delphi-double-homicide/

Leazenby told News 18 he has never confirmed DNA evidence was recovered in this case. He said there is some evidence in this case, but he does not want to reveal what that is in order to protect the integrity of the investigation. He did confirm, however, any evidence has been “fast-tracked” to be evaluated in this case.

Does anyone have all the links for the search when the girls first went missing? I've found one but seem to recall there being another.

At Websleuths you cannot post something as fact without providing either MSM or LE links to back it up.

What you heard from a friend, or friend of a friend, etc ... without links to back it up, is considered rumor. Websleuths does not engage in rumors.

If you can't link it, don't post it.

They just know they were at a gas station prior to them being dropped off. They don't know of any individual that heard them other than it might have been a possibility. I don't know how the rest of the force feels, but he STRONGLY feels the person who is responsible either 1. Lives here locally 2. Used to live here locally and recently moved away. 3. Is very familiar with that property via hunting, fishing, or hiking. He does not think it is possible for someone to do this with it being their first or even second time on this trail. He stated they would have to know the area "really well"

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I completely agree about knowing the land. I think he scouted it, for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Please see my post on dna information in the media thread. Post #49, I think. After this article, police released a statement saying they did NOT confirm dna evidence.

I believe there is some but that quote is no longer valid as a source.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Based on this information, I'm going to accept that investigators found DNA. Whether it is helpful in identifying the suspect is always another question.

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said investigators are doing everything they can to solve the case.

Leazenby did say investigators have asked for DNA evidence to be “fast-tracked.”

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/carroll...investigation-says-dna-evidence-fast-tracked/

how do we know bg wasn't in the area of the bridge for a longer period of time? He could have been camping a mile away from the bridge for day's and would have known there were no dog's at logan's because he had been there previously the day's before. maybe he was going to leave the area and just happened upon the girl's and took advantage of the situation. he knew where to take them where he wouldn't be seen by everyone, because he knew the area.

They just know they were at a gas station prior to them being dropped off. They don't know of any individual that heard them other than it might have been a possibility. I don't know how the rest of the force feels, but he STRONGLY feels the person who is responsible either 1. Lives here locally 2. Used to live here locally and recently moved away. 3. Is very familiar with that property via hunting, fishing, or hiking. He does not think it is possible for someone to do this with it being their first or even second time on this trail. He stated they would have to know the area "really well"

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

That makes sense and thank you. I know you said nothing was caught on cameras at the gas station, so assume an eyewitness provided the information someone was listening to the girls. Is that correct? Again, thanks so much.

ETA- this is a hunch- sorry- and no one knows what happened at the gas station. Nice to know about the gas station though. Thank you!

I agree, chances are the girls are crying or begging and this is one of the few snippets of voice that is just his.

All I have to do is think about the possibilities and it is sickening.

I agree, chances are the girls are crying or begging and this is one of the few snippets of voice that is just his.

I think Libby began recording BG when she started feeling suspicous or uneasy about his presence. I think BG was approaching the girls rapidly, and with nobody else in sight she felt in danger. When she realized that BG was a threat she put the phone in her pocket/bag/bra/whatever to hide it, but left the recording on. I think that BG grabbed Abby and possibly drew a weapon (such as a gun or knife). I imagine he would have said something to the effect of, 'come with me or she will get hurt'. Libby may have then said, 'where', which prompted the 'down the hill' response. LE mentioned that Libby captured audio of criminal behaviour about to begin (or something to that effect). I don't think they would release any audio or video of the girls in distress. And I'm guessing they were in distress as soon as they left the trail.

I think BG might have strongarmed Abby off the trail, and threatened both girls with a weapon. Libby could potentially have run off, but complied partly out of fear, and partly out of loyalty to her friend. Maybe she thought (assuming only one attacker) that together they could fight him off. I'm guessing there is audio of their entire abduction but it would be inappropriate to release to the public. The 'criminal behaviour' was evident as soon as the girls went 'down the hill'.

Did they post their plans to go to the park on their social media sites?

I thought the murder happened on the 13th

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Oooh. I seem to have had a bit of a brain fart. You are right. Scratch that theory then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've been wondering if there could be some significance in the fact it happened on Valentine's day. I've been looking for Valentine's day cold cases and all I've found so far is this: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=
I would imagine if there was DNA, a connection would have already been made, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The fact that it happened the day before Valentine's Day - could it have been a trigger? Break up of a relationship or a divorce recently? Whether he planned these specific murders in advance or it was an opportunistic killing, I wonder if that didn't play a role.

The girls were reported missing on the 13th and found on the 14th.

The fact that it happened the day before Valentine's Day - could it have been a trigger? Break up of a relationship or a divorce recently? Whether he planned these specific murders in advance or it was an opportunistic killing, I wonder if that didn't play a role.
I think that's very probable. Valentine's Day has been a trigger in some murders. Moo

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Does anyone have all the links for the search when the girls first went missing? I've found one but seem to recall there being another.

I like to use Interceder.net. It searches articles up to a month old. Here's a link with hundreds of articles for Liberty and Abigail. Scroll down to the "ALL LIBERTY GERMAN NEWS" and keep hitting "load more" until you get to the date you are looking for. Hope that helps. :)

http://interceder.net/latest_news/liberty-german

Let me know if you need more instruction on how to use the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer