UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. I really didn't feel he would be found in the landfill as it would have to mean that at least one of the known facts about the bin lorry/collection was wrong - the weight being the obvious one. And now we know the weight was wrong :(

I feel quite sick and so sad for his family. I hope they find him quickly 😞

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

SO it was the bins after all that! Poor family - what an unbelievable Situation

How do the phone pings fit into this now? Do they make sense? Still hard to believe if he was just sleeping in the bin he didn't wake and make an almighty racket..:(

No forensics because he got in and everything he touched went to landfill with him even in the lorry , is that even possible...

Has anyone or does anyone even know anyone who is cold and drink enough to sleep in a bin ......I for one don't.

On this basis and because of the weight issue it's still foul play after an accident scenario for me , but it's looking likely that this is going down as an accident due to lack of evidence

6 months to ascertain the weight was wrong. Just unbelievable. And how many times did some of us say on here oh no, not the bins again, me included and every highway, led back to the bins, except he couldn't be in it, because it went to recycling and he couldn't be in it because of the weight. This is just so sad. What his family have and are still going through.

Now perhaps the serious question:

Was he placed there? He had already had a sleep, would he have went for another in a bin?

Was he hiding?

Why do i smell BS

<modsnip>. Heartbreaking. How the hell has this monumental *advertiser censored*-up happened?! Somebody HAS to be held accountable for this!

:banghead:

Well this changes things..
I did wonder if the bin weight had been recorded manually at 110kg and was thought to be an error by the relief driver and logged as 11kg as that was around the usual weight of the collection?
I didn't think C was in a bin due to the weight but I've changed my mind now unfortunately. Awful news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG This changes everything I have considered. WOW. Bluddy Hell.

Feel free to go back to page 1 and change your Quick Poll votes. Urgh.

So have they just found out that the weight was wrong or have they known for some time?

Was the beginning of the landfill search enough to make someone confess?

Didn't somebody on here discuss how the bins are weighed as they're lifted on to the bin lorry?

I'm lost for words having read the police update.

There are some serious questions to be answered by Biffa now IMO, their legal department will be having a sleepless night tonight IMO

I have never thought C was in the bin as the family was so sure the weight was correct, UT specifically said the calibration had been checked very early on so someone's been lying since the start.

It seems likely now that we are going to find a catalogue of errors

bin not locked

bin not checked by driver

waste either not checked or checked and body hidden

clean up of evidence in bin lorry or wrong lorry checked

landfill not searched sooner

Heartbreaking for the family

JMO

So have they just found out that the weight was wrong or have they known for some time?

Or maybe the other way around, someone confessed that the weight was wrong and that tipped the police to do the search

The landfill search came about because of the information about the bin weight being incorrect,

The landfill search came about because of the information about the bin weight being incorrect,

Are we sure about that, there's quite a time difference since they announced the search and reporting today that the weight was wrong

It beggars belief that something simple as recording the contents of a bin lorry can be mistaken & on such a big scale. As far as we're aware the bin lorry didn't have that many pick ups that morning.
I dearly hope that C wasn't in that bin, however with this new & major development it doesn't bode well.
Certainly heads should roll if it's proven someone cut corners. As others have said it's just unbelievable it's taken this long to discover an error such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member