Sievers Sidebar #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extremely busy with tax work right now and unable to contribute any NEW findings But despite a case load of over
500 clients, NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS CONTACTED US ABOUT FILING A TAX EXTENSION this early in March!
I still find it incredibly ODD that MS was already making plans for "an extension on his taxes" and H-U-R-N....BEFORE
March 5, 2015. My personal thoughts (and opinion) are that he was making financial plans on how to "slow play" the IRS debt and also come up with enough cash to fund CWW and The Hammer venture, till the life insurance proceeds were available. It is a complicated scenario for the un-indoctrinated to grasp, so I understand why 48 hours took the route of not explaining all the diary entries and throw away phone issues.
So, how many of you have already planned to file an extension by March 4?????? It is so fishy.
Great to "see" you IQuestion. I really wish things would get moving on this case. Old Markie should already be going to trial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Was a DPL ever appointed? Is that what is holding up the trial?

Was a DPL ever appointed? Is that what is holding up the trial?

Published February 23, 2017

Sievers in court after judge rules he can't hand-pick death penalty lawyer.
"Defendant has no entitlement to appointed counsel of his choice," Kyle wrote.
"The statutes are in place," Kyle said. "If he wants a death-certified appointed lawyer, he needs to go through the same process as everybody else does."

Love this wording by Judge Kyle- no entitlement!

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...ee-judge-rules-death-penalty-lawyer/98151058/

Apologies if repeated post/article

Published February 23, 2017

Sievers in court after judge rules he can't hand-pick death penalty lawyer.
"Defendant has no entitlement to appointed counsel of his choice," Kyle wrote.
"The statutes are in place," Kyle said. "If he wants a death-certified appointed lawyer, he needs to go through the same process as everybody else does."

Love this wording by Judge Kyle- no entitlement!

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...ee-judge-rules-death-penalty-lawyer/98151058/

Apologies if repeated post/article

Thank you. I do remember this article, MS cannot hand pick a DPL even though defense wants a certain DPL. Next hearing May 4, so maybe we will learn then if a DPL is assigned. Bet there is no trial this year.

Thank you. I do remember this article, MS cannot hand pick a DPL even though defense wants a certain DPL. Next hearing May 4, so maybe we will learn then if a DPL is assigned. Bet there is no trial this year.

Agree. I'm thinking Spring 2018 but this is the first case I've closely followed from beginning to end so that's a total guess.

03/07/2017 Motion to Compel Discovery Filed

Waiting for (time) release of document, Nin

What else is going on:

03/08/2017 Other Document FiledCopy of Response to Petition for Writ of Certiorari Filed with the 2DCA
Comments: Copy of Response to Petition for Writ of Certiorari Filed with the 2DCA

03/15/2017 Motion for Costs Filed

What else is going on:

03/08/2017 Other Document FiledCopy of Response to Petition for Writ of Certiorari Filed with the 2DCA
Comments: Copy of Response to Petition for Writ of Certiorari Filed with the 2DCA

Huh ?? :confused:
I don't understand anything about that motion. :giggle:

What else is going on:

So, Nin, is this writ in regards to the ruling the judge made re: MS choosing his DP attorney? He thinks he is so special that he gets privileges that other indigent clients do not? He thinks he should be exempt from going through the process? He just needs to go to trial already. If he were in the UK he probably would have. I am amazed at how quickly the UK gets the accused to trial and it makes me wonder how we let things ride for years.

Mark wants to pick his own DP lawyer and that is what the motion is all about. He is objecting to the court's decision re that he can not choose his own preferred DP lawyer. He wants to choose because he probably thinks everyone is out to get him. Ok Mark, you are so innocent, not! The evidence speaks for itself....GUILTY!!!!!!!!

What else is going on:

I can not request any documents anymore on that site :( Is there a limit for ppl?

So, Nin, is this writ in regards to the ruling the judge made re: MS choosing his DP attorney? He thinks he is so special that he gets privileges that other indigent clients do not? He thinks he should be exempt from going through the process? He just needs to go to trial already. If he were in the UK he probably would have. I am amazed at how quickly the UK gets the accused to trial and it makes me wonder how we let things ride for years.

You said it..;--)

-Nin

Motion to compel discovery? One party thinks they have not received everything they should have received regarding discovery documents.

-Nin

You all are great! Takes me a bit of researching and rereading, but so far I pretty much understand what's going on. Wanted to say thank you!!
Now, can we please take him to trial?

No, there should not be a limit. What happens, when you try to enter a request? Have you tried another browser?

-Nin

It lets me enter my email address but then the submit button does not work for me. I tried my husband's a few times after mine wouldn't work and then it worked but it does not anymore. i was wondering if they banned my email addresses

It lets me enter my email address but then the submit button does not work for me. I tried my husband's a few times after mine wouldn't work and then it worked but it does not anymore. i was wondering if they banned my email addresses

You are sure you have the correct email address and password? Caps are not locked, when typing in the password? You were inquiring about a free electronic copy of a document, that is available as an electronic copy? Some documents have to be printed out on paper and require a fee. You would still be able to request them though.

Do you use Internet Explorer? If yes, choose or download (free) Firefox (Mozilla Firefox) and retry. There is no email ban or restriction on public records requests, it's the law to be able to always obtain information, where applicable.

All MO

-Nin

the huge motion is now viewable! The condo in MO had two mortgages!, I do not think we knew that before!!!!! I received that information from the transcripts that were included in the exhibits............

Plus Mark was asked if he owned any 401(k)'s, whole life insurance, annuities, IRS's etc etc and Mark said he did but he cashed those in to pay for some of his legal fees......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects