IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a background in Criminal Justice....here is my personal opinions. I've racked my brain for these past 3 weeks and this is my synopsis based upon my education and the facts we have been given. Again....JMOO

I don't think BG is a SK....yet. Stocky build, appx. 5'8 - 5'10 and 240lbs. He is at the end of Gen X and beginning of Baby Boomer Generation....somewhere between 45 and 55 y/o. He doesn't have a good understanding of technology, especially cell phones. The date is VERY important in my mind. The day before Valentine's Day...the National day of Rejection for some. I don't believe he was there to kill Libby and Abby in particular....or even kill in general. I think the sight of them....beautiful and young girls....possibly laughing and giggling...took him back to a childhood of rejection and it set him off...he escalated! I think he is an Average Joe that no one is suspecting. I think he might live with his Mother....but would definitely assume he emotionally abused as a child....if not physically and/or sexually....likely by a father who he could never please. I think he is longing for love and needs to be in control...to prove his value and make people "see" him for once.

I think his averageness is what is making him so hard to identify. I don't believe he is a transient. He knew that area. He had to...especially in the way he traversed the creek at its most shallow point. I think he lives within a 60 mile radius of Delphi....most likely Lafayette, where it would be easy to blend in amidst the coming and going of college students and their parents. I believe someone is having an inner battle with themselves about sending in a tip, but they say to themselves "no Average Joe couldn't possibly do that." It may even be his elderly mother or another elderly person he cares for. I don't think he appears to be the monster that he has proven himself to be. I would go as far as that he probably goes to church regularly, but always sits in the back or alone. He may work in manufacturing or one of the meat plants. Some job that has enough employees and that is so average/replaceable that no one misses him if he isn't there.

I don't believe there was a sexual assault...at least not on both girls. I don't feel he had the time or the control over the girls. They fought....really hard! Especially Libby in my eyes! She had taken self defense classes and I think she fought valiantly to save herself and her best friend. I think he intended to rape them, but couldn't with the fight they put up. I think there was extensive struggle and blood shed by BG himself. I do believe that type of DNA evidence exists, but he is no obvious match in CODIS. Either because he has never committed a felony, or at least recently enough, to warrant a DNA sample or he truly has never committed a crime, but I don't really buy that. Most likely, he has a rap sheet comprised of charges plead out to misdemeanors.

I do believe Libby threw her phone in the grass knowing it would be found or hid it on her person. In my heart, their murder is on that video...the audio at least. And that makes me sick to think about....yet it gives me hope that LEO has enough up their Sleeve to solve this.

Their official COD is what perplexes me the most.
I'm not convinced BG shot the girls. It would have been loud and drawn attention from the echo...unless he had a silencer... but I don't see him being that sophisticated. I can't see him being able to strangle them either....that's 3-5 minutes, minimum, for each (I apologize for that piece of horrendous truth)... how would he control the one that was alive (and likely fighting) while he killed the other...doesn't seem plausible to me.

Sadly, my conclusions have led me to this...if they did not succumb to GSWs, I havebthe sickening feeling that BG slit their throats. :-( It would fit his physical profile and in, MOO, be one of the only effective ways to murder these two sweet girls quickly and without too much sound to draw attention.

It seems to me that their murders consist of two elements....two weapons....one for control and one to kill. I believe this is one of the biggest reasons LEO cannot release more tape as it would jeopardize the investigation. Only BG would know the method he used to so commit such a horrific and senseless tragedy.

I think he acted on impulse....a lifetime of rejection and rage....and Libby and Abby are victims of circumstance in being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Again...JMOO based on my background in Criminal Justice.

FLY HIGH SWEET GIRLS!! We will find him and justice will prevail! ❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It is true with preteens and teens alike. LG texted a friend about seeing a strange male dressed in black. LG snapped photos of her bff showing the bluff below. She knew something freaky was happening, slowly yet surely. Incredibly, LG took a video of BG approaching her and her bff. As Sheryl stated this evening during the podcast, BG purposefully trapped them on the High Bridge.

Curious, the part about LG texting a friend about seeing a male dressed in black - I've never heard that before, is this new info..something mentioned in the podcast? which I didn't get to listen to, yet. TIA

With a background in Criminal Justice....here is my personal opinions. I've racked my brain for these past 3 weeks and this is my synopsis based upon my education and the facts we have been given. Again....JMOO

I don't think BG is a SK....yet. Stocky build, appx. 5'8 - 5'10 and 240lbs. He is at the end of Gen X and beginning of Baby Boomer Generation....somewhere between 45 and 55 y/o. He doesn't have a good understanding of technology, especially cell phones. The date is VERY important in my mind. The day before Valentine's Day...the National day of Rejection for some. I don't believe he was there to kill Libby and Abby in particular....or even kill in general. I think the sight of them....beautiful and young girls....possibly laughing and giggling...took him back to a childhood of rejection and it set him off...he escalated! I think he is an Average Joe that no one is suspecting. I think he might live with his Mother....but would definitely assume he emotionally abused as a child....if not physically and/or sexually....likely by a father who he could never please. I think he is longing for love and needs to be in control...to prove his value and make people "see" him for once.

I think his averageness is what is making him so hard to identify. I don't believe he is a transient. He knew that area. He had to...especially in the way he traversed the creek at its most shallow point. I think he lives within a 60 mile radius of Delphi....most likely Lafayette, where it would be easy to blend in amidst the coming and going of college students and their parents. I believe someone is having an inner battle with themselves about sending in a tip, but they say to themselves "no Average Joe couldn't possibly do that." It may even be his elderly mother or another elderly person he cares for. I don't think he appears to be the monster that he has proven himself to be. I would go as far as that he probably goes to church regularly, but always sits in the back or alone. He may work in manufacturing or one of the meat plants. Some job that has enough employees and that is so average/replaceable that no one misses him if he isn't there.

I don't believe there was a sexual assault...at least not on both girls. I don't feel he had the time or the control over the girls. They fought....really hard! Especially Libby in my eyes! She had taken self defense classes and I think she fought valiantly to save herself and her best friend. I think he intended to rape them, but couldn't with the fight they put up. I think there was extensive struggle and blood shed by BG himself. I do believe that type of DNA evidence exists, but he is no obvious match in CODIS. Either because he has never committed a felony, or at least recently enough, to warrant a DNA sample or he truly has never committed a crime, but I don't really buy that. Most likely, he has a rap sheet comprised of charges plead out to misdemeanors.

I do believe Libby threw her phone in the grass knowing it would be found or hid it on her person. In my heart, their murder is on that video...the audio at least. And that makes me sick to think about....yet it gives me hope that LEO has enough up their Sleeve to solve this.

I'm not convinced BG shot the girls. It would have been loud and drawn attention from the echo...unless he had a silencer... but I don't see him being that sophisticated. I can't see him being able to strangle them either....that's 3-5 minutes, minimum, for each (I apologize for that piece of horrendous truth)... how would he control the one that was alive (and likely fighting) while he killed the other...doesn't seem plausible to me.

Sadly, my conclusions have led me to this...if they did not succumb to GSWs, I havebthe sickening feeling that BG slit their throats. :-( It would fit his physical profile and in, MOO, be one of the only effective ways to murder these two sweet girls quickly and without too much sound to draw attention.

It seems to me that their murders consist of two elements....two weapons....one for control and one to kill. I believe this is one of the biggest reasons LEO cannot release more tape as it would jeopardize the investigation. Only BG would know the method he used to so commit such a horrific and senseless tragedy.

I think he acted on impulse....a lifetime of rejection and rage....and Libby and Abby are victims of circumstance in being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I apologize for the numerous typos....my brain works faster than my fingers sometimes lol

Also, in the image, I have saw people say he has a lot of brown hair. To me, it looks like he is wearing a camoflauge ball cap.The rim is severely warped/bent. I remember sometime between 1995-2000, this was very popular in central Indiana. During baseball season when we got new ballcaps, we would bend the rim in half until they sides touched each other. Today its popular for people to keep the rim flat or fairly straight. I still see a lot of country folk from the 30-40 yr old generation who wear their hat with this severely curved look. I'm almost certain that this is an old camoflauge ballcap, with a warped curve to it. Here is a link to an image of what I am talking about below, best I could find as an example.

https://capconno.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/asian-hats.jpg?w=300&h=216

Here are a couple of rough traces of how I see the hat. The brown outline is from his hoodie, which the hood is just kind of bunched up sticking out of the back of the coat. There aren't a ton of people who wear their hat like this anymore, so this could be something for people to think about if they know someone who matches the perps description and wears the rim of their hat bent this way.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• bg face.gif
    bg face.gif
    72.8 KB · Views: 835
  • bghat.jpg
    bghat.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 810
Also, in the image, I have saw people say he has a lot of brown hair. To me, it looks like he is wearing a camoflauge ball cap.The rim is severely warped/bent. I remember sometime between 1995-2000, this was very popular in central Indiana. During baseball season when we got new ballcaps, we would bend the rim in half until they sides touched each other. Today its popular for people to keep the rim flat or fairly straight. I still see a lot of country folk from the 30-40 yr old generation who wear their hat with this severely curved look. I'm almost certain that this is an old camoflauge ballcap, with a warped curve to it. Here is a link to an image of what I am talking about below, best I could find as an example.

https://capconno.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/asian-hats.jpg?w=300&h=216

BG has certainly attempted to camouflage himself with the layers of clothing and stuffed pockets and secret pouches. The hat's brim or even a little large hoodie would hide his face especially given the manner that he holds his head down. However, in the darker image, where he pivots left, his left eye is visible. I saw someone's cleaned up image enough to see his left eye. He is capturing the girls with his menacing eyes and he approaches them by staring right at them.

I was thinking no way a gun was used, people would have heard shots. Knife had to be the weapon of choice. Either across the throat, or stab wounds. Also, Indiana being a crossroads state, human trafficking has been on the rise in Indiana, and girls have gone missing. It's possible, he was going to kidnap them and lead them to his car, then the girls put up a fight. He knew if he let them get away, they could get help and he would be caught on his way out of town. Hopefully LE figures out the answers, so the family can have justice and closure.

It is true with preteens and teens alike. LG texted a friend about seeing a strange male dressed in black. LG snapped photos of her bff showing the bluff below. She knew something freaky was happening, slowly yet surely. Incredibly, LG took a video of BG approaching her and her bff. As Sheryl stated this evening during the podcast, BG purposefully trapped them on the High Bridge.

As horrific that the whole thing ended up. I just get a sick feeling when I think of how terrified those two little girls must have been when they realized that they had been trapped by an evil waste of skin .
I pray he is found and stopped before he kills more children and destroys more families .
My neice was murdered nine years ago, and her mother is still grieving her loss...we all are .
He not only took away those little girls lives, but he took away a lot of the innocence that kids their age have ...We live in a community about the size of Delphi and something like this leaves a lasting scar on the whole community .
I hope he gets caught soon and pays the ultimate price.
What a waste of skin !

<mod snip>

Incredibly, LG took a video of BG approaching her and her bff. As Sheryl stated this evening during the podcast, BG purposefully trapped them on the High Bridge.
Do you have a link to that? I had read that her friends saw a man dressed in black, but not that the girls had. TIA

Where did you get the information from that she texted her friend about seeing a strange male dressed in black? I haven't heard that.

Maybe BG was on the run from a previous crime and was hiding out down there in the woods. The girls cross his path and opportunity arises. He may have panicked that he was spotted, who knows. All just moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking no way a gun was used, people would have heard shots. Knife had to be the weapon of choice. Either across the throat, or stab wounds. Also, Indiana being a crossroads state, human trafficking has been on the rise in Indiana, and girls have gone missing. It's possible, he was going to kidnap them and lead them to his car, then the girls put up a fight. He knew if he let them get away, they could get help and he would be caught on his way out of town. Hopefully LE figures out the answers, so the family can have justice and closure.
I've also pondered this angle as I volunteer for an organization who assists victims of human sex- trafficking. :'( The whole idea just brings on an overwhelming sadness. [emoji174]

I was thinking along the same exact lines as you...that the two BG pictures were caught in the background of video or pictures and that the audio recording was from a different recording. But it's all just speculation.

I also wonder if there might have been someone closer to Libby (and her phone) in addition to the BG, which brings us back to the question of whether or not the voice actually belongs to the person in the pictures or does it belong to somebody else (??).

I wonder also.

And it occurs to me that this bridge, with two an entrance at each end, narrow and too high above the water for a jump to be a comfortable option, effectively becomes a trap if there's two perps involved, one at each end. Then you have one man walking towards you -- the one in the photo -- and another behind, herding you off the bridge and "down the hill."

A terrifying prospect, that involves two perps with a plan, and might explain the timing, etc.

Well, that or cropped and zoomed so we could see him. I don't think it would be helpful to release a picture of someone who is 100 feet away in a background. You would zoom in on what you needed and crop that. That pic looks like something that was not super close, to me. It's so pixelated.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

True. LE Experts took two SSs of BG from the video and enlarged them. Then, they blurred the trees so the focus would be just on the BG and his disguise. I reside in the outskirts of a metropolis. I do not see men dressed in this fashion unless at the auto body shop and repair. I don't immediately think "Registered Nurse" when I see him. I see a thrill killer who could no longer contain his urges, especially when he learned that the schools would be closed for the unused snow day. O/T Chicago is having a snow drought this winter.

I have considered that she could have started the recording because they were witnessing someone with mental issues having an episode. Maybe, arguing with himself. It could explain why police can't decide if he acted alone or not. They may hear two different voices coming from a mentally ill person. When I worked at a group home in college, I had a client who would argue with his different personalities, and each one had their own distinct voices. He was a sweetheart and somewhat smart, one alternate was dumb and goofy always making jokes and loving on the main personality, telling him how great he was. But another was evil and would treat the main personality like crap, telling him how horrible he is, and totally take over after a little bit of resistance from the main personality, and become very violent. Could an alternate personality have been arguing with a main personality to kill the girls and that would obviously freak the out enough to record.

cut/pasted from closed thread:
How did he know that it was his ex who reported him? Certainly LE doesn't tell people this...? [ in response to t tip about a possible suspect...]

I think that sometimes people can figure out who turned them in by the questions police ask them. I have called in anonymous tips to CPS before, and one time my crazy neighbor knew it was me because of what I had told them. It happened in my front yard so they knew who reported them.

I have considered that she could have started the recording because they were witnessing someone with mental issues having an episode. Maybe, arguing with himself. It could explain why police can't decide if he acted alone or not. They may hear two different voices coming from a mentally ill person. When I worked at a group home in college, I had a client who would argue with his different personalities, and each one had their own distinct voices. He was a sweetheart and somewhat smart, one alternate was dumb and goofy always making jokes and loving on the main personality, telling him how great he was. But another was evil and would treat the main personality like crap, telling him how horrible he is, and totally take over after a little bit of resistance from the main personality, and become very violent. Could an alternate personality have been arguing with a main personality to kill the girls and that would obviously freak the out enough to record.
I have worked in Mental Health for years and witnessing someone having a psychotic episode can be extremely terrifying. Most times someone is being assaulted and people having these episodes temporarily have super-strength powers (I have seen a guy rip a solid wooden door right off it's sturdy hinges). 2 young girls watching someone arguing a person arguing with himself could have prompted recording to show to friends? and as he has gotten closer to them, he has been 'told' to hurt them. What happened from there could have frozen the most stoic person (let alone 2 young girls alone) as psychotic episodes can be terrifying. Anyone with forensic mental health experience would be great to add to these thoughts?

I'm sorry. But plenty of the men that I seen on the news from that town during the vigil or services looked similar to the guy.

So I would probably ask all to submit dna voluntarily and be suspicious of the ones that doesn't want to.

Especially since its a small knit community and its possible that the perp is related to someone there.

I think they came unprepared to search in the dark. I don't believe any one crossed the bridge or the creek.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I'm behind again. If you are on the neighbor's property, at his door, and he has 40 acres of land........ do you have to cross the bridge or the creek to get to the location on his property where the bodies were found?

I have worked in Mental Health for years and witnessing someone having a psychotic episode can be extremely terrifying. Most times someone is being assaulted and people having these episodes temporarily have super-strength powers (I have seen a guy rip a solid wooden door right off it's sturdy hinges). 2 young girls watching someone arguing a person arguing with himself could have prompted recording to show to friends? and as he has gotten closer to them, he has been 'told' to hurt them. What happened from there could have frozen the most stoic person (let alone 2 young girls alone) as psychotic episodes can be terrifying. Anyone with forensic mental health experience would be great to add to these thoughts?

Agree. Good point.

Psychotic drifter being mad at happy kids that are filming him could definitely be a possibility.

Michael Stroup interviews Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in a phone interview with regard to the case.

Basically he can not answer many of his questions due to investigation integrity but the latter part of the interview he discusses the suspect (s) "locale" it is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY&t=24s[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth