IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the entire interview is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening. :(

He won't openly admit it (obviously), but reading between the lines and interpreting all the pauses, deep sighs and "Uhhs"...LE have absolutely NOTHING. They aren't one step closer to finding the perp(s). They don't even know how many perps there were. There is no video or audio of the crime itself, they likely have released just about all the evidence they have, and there is zero useful DNA evidence.

He is trying to play the "protecting the investigation" card, but judging by his responses and the deep sighs and his tone of voice even he is tired of trying to convince anybody of that. He's just sticking to the script. He compares it to a poker game where they need to keep their cards close to the vest...but IMO this interview revealed that investigators have a crap hand. We can't see his face, but he definitely does not have a "poker voice". :(

IMO the "twist" he's referring to is that they have an image and the voice of the guy and all these resources available to them and STILL are at square one three weeks into the investigation.

I hate to be so negative, but this interview is the clearest indication yet that they need the luckiest of breaks to ever solve this crime. This is truly heartbreaking.

PS: Without the glasses and mustache even Sheriff Leazenby looks like the suspect. Same chubby baby face and wide nose. No, I'm not suggesting that he's involved, and please don't go sleuthing the man. Lol. Just pointing out how the image of the suspect is so generic he could be anybody.
Or maybe he's exhausted and tired of the repeat questions?

So remember several threads back I posted about contacting truck stop corporate offices?

Here is why you're not seeing posters at truck stops. :(

Good morning Barbara,

In reply to your comment on 3/4/17 in asking about placing wanted posters
of the man involved in the murder of the two IN girls at our locations, we
typically only post information like this on our social media pages instead
of the site locations. Reason for this is because we try and keep a
positive atmosphere at our sites and having a wall designated for wanted
posters tends to bring along a negative connotation.

If you have all the information and poster or picture to include, we would
be glad to share across our social sites in hopes to help out the best way
we can.

thanks your for your comment and suggestion.

I did send them posters so we will see but not as effective as posters at the locations.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

WoW , I mean I would definitly feel better about stopping at one of the places if I know they at least posted pictures of wanted people. Now I would not have a clue a serial sex offender may be having dinner across from me ,and he could legit be one of the top 10 but I would never see his poster . So he feels safer there than I would. Good bussiness practice .:scared:

So off topic ,but I was going to buy a tablet today ,instead of a laptop because I work at night and sometimes want to lay in bed and read myself to sleep ..Is this going to be a tablet issue too? I never had a tablet so I think of them like bigger phones that dont bother you all day..

Just my :twocents:

I have an iPhone and a iPad. I use my computer mostly for WS but phone at night when I'm lurking. I have no issues seeing embedded tweets on either iPhone or iPad, with either the Chrome app or Safari. I can post them on any device but always need to refresh the page again to see the post, I know others have issues, that is why I try and bring the txt over with the tweet too, it's just more fiddly on a phone to do that.

If you're on Safari and having the problem of tweets not showing - See if this helps

They don't have video of him speaking but have video & audio or the attack. Correct?

So, I didn't go to bed until 6:30 this morning. My mind was buzzing after listening to the radio show, I tried a few times to reply to posts about the video/audio but every time I did I lost the post when the page refreshed.

What we DO know about it.

It was Libby's phone
She hit record shortly before a crime began
The suspect is on video, visually (on the bridge)
A voice (down the hill) is captured on the recording but they cannot determine if the voice belongs to bridge guy
They do not have video of him speaking.
They do not have evidence that proves it was one perp
They do not have video of a 2nd suspect (clear video, clear enough to determine more than one perp)
However they have not ruled out the possibility it could be more than one perp.
LE stated they have more video and audio and it was (paraphasing) 'stuff of nightmares'
SOMETHING made Libby hit record as the bridge guy was approaching, LE referred to this as heroic

Scenarios I have running through my mind.

Abby had a jacket on. We were told that Libby was wearing a tie dye tshirt and grey joggers, could she also have a jacket that wasn't mentioned?

What happened to the phone at that point.

Did she hit record and put the phone in a pocket? Or keep it in her hand?
Did she hit record and quickly pass the phone to Abby to hide?
Did bridge guy snatch the phone away and not know how to turn it off, or did he use it to film the girls? *shudder*
Could a 2nd perp have crept up behind them whilst their attention was on bridge guy?

We know it was not immediately turned off or destroyed,they have further video and audio.

Just my :twocents:

I have an iPhone and a iPad. I use my computer mostly for WS but phone at night when I'm lurking. I have no issues seeing embedded tweets on either iPhone or iPad, with either the Chrome app or Safari. I can post them on any device but always need to refresh the page again to see the post, I know others have issues, that is why I try and bring the txt over with the tweet too, it's just more fiddly on a phone to do that.

If you're on Safari and having the problem of tweets not showing - See if this helps
Thanks Skibaboo,

BTW, I always love when we follow the same case.

I am more inclined to believe they have a lot more info (graphic and other) than they are willing to share, and it is difficult to not be more open with the public. LE has good reason (at least in their eyes) to hold back whatever that might be. I have seen more cases where we do not hear a lot than cases where we seem to hear it all (or more than usual, for sure). I honestly do not find this unusual, nor has it disheartened me at this point.

I agree with you! I feel as though the closer LE get to a suspect the less information they release. I think that they honestly know who did this: they just do not have enough evidence gathered to make an arrest. Keeping this information to themselves is the best option if they are trying to create the illusion that they are still looking. -->JMO

I think the stuff of nightmares quote tell us some or all of what the prep and/or preps did to those angels is recorded (audio, video etc). As a Mom of girls the same age my imagination can be pretty awful sadly and I pray for the families who have or will eventually hear/see the entire thing. My thoughts are with the families and LE.,,,,,,,,people have said it before - whatever else they have from the phone prompted the immense show of force, involvement etc.
Remember.LE never said those words (The stuff of nightmares)!!!Those came from an Inside Edition story,and an unnamed source.Not LE.

Remember.LE never said those words (The stuff of nightmares)!!!Those came from an Inside Edition story,and an unnamed source.Not LE.

Ah - thank you - I was attributing that quote to LE but didn't not go look to be sure and I went back and was able to edit my post still (don't want to add to any confusion)........I still feel like whatever other audio/video they have is terrible. However I also agree they are no closer to nailing this person/persons even though they might audio/video evidence.....its just so awful........

I dont think we can have it both ways.... either they have more video "the stuff of nightmares" or they are bluffing.

1. if theres more video then why can they not determine if there were more than one perp. How do they not have more audio? Either they are watching the video or they are hearing audio... either way they should have more information the he BG and if there are more suspects... real simple was there ever anyone else on the video.

2. they are bluffing to make the perp think they caught the crime on video in order to get a full confession of what happened to the girls because they are not completely clear. Autopsies do not tell the whole story, even with a COD what the events were leading up to the death can still be a mystery.

These are just my opinions :)

Where can we watch today's press conference?

So what do you all think the reason would be for LE to deny that they have DNA evidence?

I get all the integrity of the case stuff, but either they have it or they don't. Wouldn't it be better to say they do (even if they don't), which might deter the perp from future crimes?

I'm not necessarily thinking of DNA from a rape kit, but hair or skin? Suppose BG knows LE has no DNA on file for him, but now they have a profile. I would think that it would be a deterrent and I am trying to think how it could negatively impact a court case.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I dont think we can have it both ways.... either they have more video "the stuff of nightmares" or they are bluffing.

1. if theres more video then why can they not determine if there were more than one perp. How do they not have more audio? Either they are watching the video or they are hearing audio... either way they should have more information the he BG and if there are more suspects... real simple was there ever anyone else on the video.

2. they are bluffing to make the perp think they caught the crime on video in order to get a full confession of what happened to the girls because they are not completely clear. Autopsies do not tell the whole story, even with a COD what the events were leading up to the death can still be a mystery.

These are just my opinions :)

Good thoughts. My gut tells me they are not bluffing but, good thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members