UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My interpretation was that they thought the process would involve the sorting process but it has come to light that the load actually went straight to landfill. Just my interpretation though - I could well be miles off!

Surely they wouldn't make a decision based on assumption? Then tell the family they won't search it based on it. Also does that mean it has taken them 6 months to confirm the bin lorry went direct to landfill?

Can't believe this is the case.

It seems, that the workmen don't really care to look what they are doing.
Looks cold routine work.

[video=youtube;aF-GMoSiSx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-GMoSiSx8[/video]

Surely they wouldn't make a decision based on assumption? Then tell the family they won't search it based on it. Also does that mean it has taken them 6 months to confirm the bin lorry went direct to landfill?

Can't believe this is the case.

I'd imagine the main reason for not searching the landfill was the 11kg weight. With that weight in mind, I doubt SP would have dedicated much of their investigating time to it as it would have seemed impossible for him to have been in there.

Where is the link to the fact the recycle bin went straight to landfill? Is that definate? That , to me, is the most important fact, if true, because it is the reason he wasn't found in the sorting process, so another lie was told to SP in addition to the weight. I'm getting lost in all the data and comments.

Have you listened to that section in the BBC interview? How would you interpret what she says?

Where is the link to the fact the recycle bin went straight to landfill? Is that definate? That , to me, is the most important fact, if true, because it is the reason he wasn't found in the sorting process, so another lie was told to SP in addition to the weight. I'm getting lost in all the data and comments.
There is no proof at the moment it was a deliberate lie.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Anyone watch this Look East report http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08h338s/look-east-evening-news-08032017?

In this DS Katie Elliot confirms one of the reasons they didn't search the landfill early on when the family were asking for it was because at the time they believed the process of sorting would mean he would be found.

Why did they believe that if in fact he went straight to landfill? Or are they saying he was missed through multiple processes too?

I'm trying not to pile on the criticism of SP here but they aren't making things easy.

Wasn't it said that the material in the bin went to an incinerator. I believe it did. And they said that would mean that if he was in the bin the incinerator doesn't get hot enough to burn through bone. So Corrie would have been spotted.

Now its all changed as the waste went to landfill instead.

Lots of misinformation provided clearly by Biffa on their own disposal processes. It beggars belief that the company didnt get their crap together (excuse the pun) and get a team in the go through everything they had recorded and get in their best knowledgeable employees to get the correct info for the police. Shocking.

And now an employee has decanted Corrie into a bin lorry. Are these guys not trained to check bins prior to processing them. I thought Biffa had a big overhaul of this with all its employees a few years ago.

Someone is accountable for what happened. If C got into the bin by choice, ok. But a fail to not check the bin before decanting it is just plain stupid in my eyes based on H&S these Biffa Drivers go through. Shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does being a but rubbish as your job qualify as PTCOJ? I think there's have to be some intent to mislead at the very least.
It shouldn't do no, I'm not suggesting that SP have been other than exemplary... However it's not a stretch to see that it might annoy the authorities if any action by individuals would delay the investigation, by some months because of individuals not performing by the book in the work place... I likewise I did say it was IMHO. Like I said I find it unusual given a change in the law that they would name him if SP thought he was covering up something. If anything he might just be scapegoat, again my own opinion... We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

The article on 26th January
https://www.sun.co.uk/news/2709304/corrie-mckeague-missing-dump-search states about the phone "the times and locations are consistent with the route taken by a private single-manned Biffa dustcart which collected cardboard waste from the bin area Corrie was seen entering.

They gave a start and end point for the phone pings; how do they know what route the phone took? If it was possible to track the phone that accurately, they would say the phone ended at X location, not just in the BM mast area.

Wasn't it said that the material in the bin went to an incinerator. I believe it did. And they said that would mean that if he was in the bin the incinerator doesn't get hot enough to burn through bone. So Corrie would have been spotted.

Now its all changed as the waste went to landfill instead.

It was initially stated that the recycling is sorted by hand so he would have been noticed. The incineration process refers to the general rubbish in loading bay 2.

Your point remains though, how was it just directly took to landfill? I suspect that's what the arrests/interviews under caution were about.

The fact that he might of fell through the cracks (excuse the terminology), is possible not necessarily because staff weren't trained and equipped, but because humans are involved and humans cut corners. It is more concerning to cover up something especially if you know what you're covering up, not so much if you're an employee (one not directly involved or even knew anything) that might be looking after his/her interests and thus the interests of the company, its not an excuse but it is my way of thinking that might be what transpired even with a charge made of perverting the cause of justice. The police are human too, they are not beyond not being exactly by the book in some cases. It's the society we live in nowadays, everyone wants to blame someone else, whilst being cautious about their own behaviour... The policeman is within us, as some would say.

if the company are paid by the bin and not bin weight I have to ask what is the point in even weighing each bin, IMO it's just a company policy that is pointless and takes to much time so it dose not matter if it's corect any old number will do as it's meaningless ,

They gave a start and end point for the phone pings; how do they know what route the phone took? If it was possible to track the phone that accurately, they would say the phone ended at X location, not just in the BM mast area.

I think it's the way of the police to not give away too much information and to cut it down to basics. We're not part of the investigation..."the vicinity of BM/Mildenhall" was supposed to be enough for the public without giving away too much to a potential perp. Jmo.

if the company are paid by the bin and not bin weight I have to ask what is the point in even weighing each bin, IMO it's just a company policy that is pointless and takes to much time so it dose not matter if it's corect any old number will do as it's meaningless ,
The staff might think so true? , perhaps... Maybe not the management who obviously have these practices in place, a) for professionalism and b) to avoid any litigation.

Probably for internal reporting purposes, to ensure that the 'per uplift' rates are appropriate.

I think the bin has a maximum weight so it has to be recorded as so not to break overloading laws.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

"The smell of so much rubbish is overwhelming at the landfill that could hold the key to the agonising mystery of airman Corrie McKeague .

Pools of muddy water litter the bleak, rubbish-strewn landscape.

Hawks and falcons watch over the 26ft-deep tip to ward off seagulls and scavengers. Huge fans dotted around the site whirr constantly to keep the odour away from the nearby village.

This is the hellish place where police have revealed for the first time they are confident they will find the body of the missing 23-year-old RAF gunner."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cops-now-sure-missing-corrie-9992501

New article. I'm so sorry for Corrie's family.

It's being said a lot on here that this recycle bin must have gone straight to landfill but I'm not sure that is the case.

Listening to N during this short interview, she says she doesn't understand how the process has allowed him to get to landfill. Although she was sure he couldn't go through that process, it doesn't seem that's the case now.

Until SP state that the recycle bin went straight to landfill then it really is just an assumption on here that it did.

It's being said a lot on here that this recycle bin must have gone straight to landfill but I'm not sure that is the case.

Listening to N during this short interview, she says she doesn't understand how the process has allowed him to get to landfill. Although she was sure he couldn't go through that process, it doesn't seem that's the case now.

Until SP state that the recycle bin went straight to landfill then it really is just an assumption on here that it did.
Thank you Pink. I have been trying to find out where it has been said that the recycle lorry went straight to landfill.

I remember a petition to the House of Commons being started to search the landfill at one point but the family prevented it. Why would they do that if they have always wanted it searched? JMO.

Whilst it hasn't explicitly been stated the bin lorry went straight to the landfill, is it logical to believe the bin lorry did go to a recycling centre, emptied out and sorted into two piles (per family updates) and still missed?

This would be even worse than if he did go direct, IMO.

ETA: Even the Police said it would be unlikely he would be missed at recycling sorting according to Nicola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member