IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disorganized serial killers are usually far more impulsive, often committing their murders with a random weapon available at the time, and usually do not attempt to hide the body. They are likely to be unemployed, a loner, or both, with very few friends. They often turn out to have a history of mental illness,[41] and their modus operandi (M.O.) or lack thereof is often marked by excessive violence and sometimes necrophilia and/or sexual violence.[citation needed] Disorganized serial killers have been found to have a slightly lower mean IQ than organized serial killers, at 92.8.[40]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer

Know it's Wikipedia and all, but this does match the readings I have done.

Also, I know the investigators have said that there is no evidence the only identifiable suspect is a serial killer to dispel rumors, so I'll put that out there first.

But I keep asking myself, who does this kind of crime, killing two young girls in between girlhood and adulthood, who seem only to be sweet and having a day taking pictures and hiking the trails? If it isn't attributable to a jealous boyfriend, a drug deal gone bad, or gang killing, or similar crime with a clear motive, then I am left with a deeply disturbed individual who had his own internal motives. Also, I think it was a stranger killing. He did not know these girls at all and took advantage of an opportunity (in his mind).

Darn phone is messing with my head tonight.I posted a reply to you but it didn't post as a reply.
I said yes indeed that's where we got the Amber alert.
And quite frankly I can see that there could be a connection.

That was part of what made me consider JW as a suspect. He also lived in Texas when Amber was murdered. I know coincidences do happen, but I always wonder when there seems to be a pattern of them. Then again, there were probably even more connecting Lincoln and Kennedy, and we all know they weren't killed by the same person.

I agree that he is likely very familiar with the area. The point I was trying to make was that he could be or may have been from at least a somewhat local area that would have allowed him to visit enough to be very familiar with the park, the trails, when it's busier, etc. But I also wonder if he frequented the park for some particular reason that was significant to him for some reason. But I also wonder if he kept his visits to (and maybe an obsession with) the park secret so people that do know him wouldn't know he did this and therefore wouldn't suspect him.

Maybe he was having a homosexual rendezvous and the girls saw him from the bridge AND recognized one of the participants. The threat of that exposure might make a guy panic and lose all sense of control, depending on what he had to lose.

MOO but I think LE has a strong suspect in mind but someone is providing him with a false alibi.

This is why we have an emphasis on "someone knows who this is/we need that person to come forward."

So do I, after analyzing the picture and voice recording.

Kind of O/T but curious question. I am somewhat local (20-30 minutes away) and about an hour ago the 911 lines for where I live went down. Has anyone heard of this happening before an arrest? I know it happens for other reasons but just spitballing here.

MOO

It depends on the crime and statute of limitations. Murder has no statute of limitations. In a situation such as the Delphi murders, he would be arrested and held indefinitely. No bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But the question that was posed was how long can someone be held without charges. It doesn't matter what the statute of limitations is or whether there is a bonding possibility. Thankfully, people still cannot be thrown in jail and held without charges indefinitely, except for some "enemy combatants". This is not that kind of case. Charges for something would have to be filed to continue holding someone. If those charges weren't specifically murder or something approaching that level, he would almost certainly be granted the opportunity to post bail.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I THink DNA would trump an alibi.

Good point, Dockins! But it could explain why an arrest has not yet been made. LE knows who to keep an eye on while they gather more evidence and look for ways to break that alibi. Again, just MO.

Same here.

Their deaths were within minutes of being accosted at the SE end of the bridge.

Me too. I can't imagine that Liberty would stand around filming Abby's assault (if there was one) and murder, just patiently 'waiting her turn'. Unless she was restrained in some way that prevented her from running but still allowed her to use her phone discreetly, or unless there was another attacker to control her while BG was harming Abby.

Just a note: IMO, he (the Sheriff) didn't say "there's a twist in the case ." That takes his statement completely out of context. He's saying it's a "twist" compared to murders they've dealt with in the past IMO.

Am I alone in believing that? Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't think so.

I only keep bringing this up because taking the one word out of context completely changes its meaning. I listened to that entire interview and, to me, that one word was just not that significant.

Sheriff Leazenby: “This one’s…got a whole twist to it that even I as a 30 year veteran have never (?) seen.”

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY[/video]

That was part of what made me consider JW as a suspect. He also lived in Texas when Amber was murdered. I know coincidences do happen, but I always wonder when there seems to be a pattern of them. Then again, there were probably even more connecting Lincoln and Kennedy, and we all know they weren't killed by the same person.

Did he live close to Amber in Texas? I'm just asking bc Texas is a huge frickin state

(I wanted to reply to websight's post but didn't know how)
Is this what you are looking for? First time posting I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

The recording was longer than what has been released. Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.

“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.

I've also been looking for this article! Thank you so much for finding it!

I remember the one LE saying that those who heard it would hear it every night when they went to be for the rest of their lives OR something to that affect.

Does anyone else remember that? I will try to go look for that press conference.

I finally found it. Bolded statement is @ 1.37 of video at this page:
http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

But first, police need your help identifying the person or persons who did this to Libby and Abby. The recording was longer than what has been released. Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.
“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.
News 18 asked, “Do you expect to release anything else from that video?”
Carter replied, “I hope we don’t have to, I hope what we’ve released is enough. I hope that people will take a step back and they’ll do what I suggested – a piece, a part, a thing, not a face, not necessarily a face, but a piece of clothing, a walk, a stride, a right hand in a pocket.”

]

But the question that was posed was how long can someone be held without charges. It doesn't matter what the statute of limitations is or whether there is a bonding possibility. Thankfully, people still cannot be thrown in jail and held without charges indefinitely, except for some "enemy combatants". This is not that kind of case. Charges for something would have to be filed to continue holding someone. If those charges weren't specifically murder or something approaching that level, he would almost certainly be granted the opportunity to post bail.

I believe there's no way they'd make the mistake of bringing in BG on petty charges just to risk him posting bail, then giving him a chance to run. I think he'll be brought in on charges that will keep him in long enough for LE to submit their reports to the DA.

I'm usually more of a lurker but had some down time at work today. For the first time in any case I've followed, I just have a gut feeling there will be Justice for these girls very soon. Can't wait to check in and find "Arrest" in the title of the thread! Moo. JMO.

I don't think they have any idea about a name. If they did, but didn't know where he was, they could get a better photograph. Maybe from a driver's license. Maybe from social media. Maybe from a relative. Instead, they are relying on a fuzzy screen cap or two. They have asked the public for help, so I don't think they would hide the name if it also means relying on those bad pictures.

If they put his name out there, it would only help, IMO. Maybe a friend knows where he is, but doesn't recognize him from the images. A name puts an end to the "I don't think my buddy would do that" equivocation.

I also don't think they are keeping the name back because they think he might run. They could always keep an eye on him until the arrest is made.

The only reason I could see them withholding his name is to keep him from destroying evidence. If they have DNA, though, it seems like an unlikely motivation.

In all likelihood, they have no idea who or where he is. They say they are getting closer because forensic tests are coming back and they have eliminated some possible suspects.

They probably have what they need from the public. LE probably needs to get a DNA sample from the suspect (either by hook or crook) to compare to the DNA left at the scene...whatever that is... skin cells, blood under one or more of the girls finger nails, saliva, etc.

If they have someone identified, they can watch them and get a DNA sample from a cigarette butt, spit, a drink cup, etc.

Kind of O/T but curious question. I am somewhat local (20-30 minutes away) and about an hour ago the 911 lines for where I live went down. Has anyone heard of this happening before an arrest? I know it happens for other reasons but just spitballing here.

MOO

No never. They would never shut down the 911 system.

Again, these are words out of context. Was he not just talking about seniors being murdered by grandchildren?

You've only posted one part of a larger statement he was making.

Or am I missing your point?

Sorry, I just like to stick to the intended meaning of something. Just the facts.

JMO

Sheriff Leazenby: “This one’s…got a whole twist to it that even I as a 30 year veteran have never (?) seen.”

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY[/video]

48-72 hours, i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members