Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

If I am not mistaken, sorry to bring this up but it's the only case I am recently familiar with, when the kid was attacked by the alligator at Disney in Florida not too long ago, I believe they later determined she died due to drowning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such a strange case. My family is local to this area, and my mom and step dad live in Trophy Club. If I'm not mistaken, the boat was found in the creek area west of the actual lake. If it's the area I'm thinking, there's lots of debris and this creeks floods all the time when we get heavy rains though that hasn't really happened for the last year or so. Don't really know where I'm going with this but he does seem to be an experienced outdoorsman/hunter/fisherman. I have hinky pings. $100k is crazy to me but I don't really know of their situation i.e. One income family. I hope he's found one way or another and I hope we don't find out he has some huge life insurance policy or something for accidental drowning....

The amount makes me feel the need to be on alert for 2 Hispanic women in a dark boat. I don't recall seeing a fund ask for so much so early.

The amount makes me feel the need to be on alert for 2 Hispanic women in a dark boat. I don't recall seeing a fund ask for so much so early.

I don't get the 2 hispanic women reference. What am I missing??

This is such a strange case. My family is local to this area, and my mom and step dad live in Trophy Club. If I'm not mistaken, the boat was found in the creek area west of the actual lake. If it's the area I'm thinking, there's lots of debris and this creeks floods all the time when we get heavy rains though that hasn't really happened for the last year or so. Don't really know where I'm going with this but he does seem to be an experienced outdoorsman/hunter/fisherman. I have hinky pings. $100k is crazy to me but I don't really know of their situation i.e. One income family. I hope he's found one way or another and I hope we don't find out he has some huge life insurance policy or something for accidental drowning....

RBBM

I think you are right about the boat being found in the creek vs. lake: "Barth [with the Flower Mound Fire Department] said the water in the creek is not that deep and fortunately the current is not that strong right now. But there is quite a bit of debris."
http://www.fox4news.com/news/240235495-story

Also this: "The pair disappeared Monday around 8 p.m. while fishing in the creek above Lake Grapevine."
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/national/240197859-story

Further description of the area of the creek where the boat was found: "The creek in that area is about 5-10 feet deep with lots of hazards, [Trophy Club Sgt. Tracey] Shields said."
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article136872888.html

I'm sorry -I know it's no laughing matter, but ...- I literally started laughing aloud after reading your post :silly:!

I worried those unfamiliar would ban me for life, but it really does bring back that feeling of Sherri. And I always, always so deeply care about these people. When SP was missing, every step of every hike I took was kind of a shout out to her. And then WHAM. I feel horribly for the little boy staying out all night and do hope Matthew is safe. But that 100k triggered my hinky jokes. xo
I'm sorry -I know it's no laughing matter, but ...- I literally started laughing aloud after reading your post :silly:!

When Sherri Papini was recovered, she said her captors were 2 Hispanic women in a dark SUV. The description was so vague, it was alarming. Her was 100k also. The case is basically cold. Many of us were of the mind that such a vague and general description could do more harm than good as it fit many innocent people. I truly meant no disrespect, but felt some WS'ers would feel me. xo

I totally searched that...found nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think go fund me links are allowed on websleuths.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You beat me to it, Lisa!
We aren't supposed to link .

(This isn't the first time this happened with you and me, lol!)[emoji8]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I am really bothered by this story. I have a 2 year old son myself and there is no way I would allow my husband to take our son anywhere near any water alone. What if my husband had a heart attack or something? Also if the dad had a history of seizures all the more reason for him to not have this baby out on the water without another adult present.

I just wonder if dad decided to pull the boat up on the bank and maybe fish from there? That could explain why the baby was not wearing a life jacket and why they were instead found in the boat. Dad could have taken the life vest off the baby while they were on shore. It could also explain why the baby didn't have shoes on. Dad could have taken them off and put them in the boat so the baby could walk around in the dirt barefooted. I know my son loves running around in dirt with no shoes on. I read somewhere that life vests, the dad's cell phone and shoes were found in the boat but the story didn't say whose shoes were in the boat. Based on the photos I have seen the boat does seem pretty far from the water though. I don't know why someone would drag it that far up on land just to beach it so you could bank fish. Seems like a lot of effort for nothing. Most people just pull boats far enough on land to keep them in place.

If that is the case
though, if dad pulled the boat up on land, then something had to happen to dad on land. Not unless he waded out in the water for some reason, leaving his son on shore, and got tangled in something or maybe had a seizure and drowned while wading.

This image from Fox 4 news. It shows a different view of boat. From this view it does look more like a accident.

I am on Tapatalk and I find it impossible to post links. If posting this against TOS please remove. TIA.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This definitely looks like the boat ran up on shore. Whether by accident or not, who knows at this point. I am not sure what to think. I don't know anyone that would put a toddler in a boat without a life jacket. Can a toddler remove a life jacket by himself? Were there fishing poles and tackle found in the boat? More questions than answers until Meinert is found.

Do you also see a rut in the sand?

attachment.php

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 291
You beat me to it, Lisa!
We aren't supposed to link .

(This isn't the first time this happened with you and me, lol!)[emoji8]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Ha! 💓 I'm still learning so all my posts should have a ? behind them❣

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

won't there be a rut in the sand whether the boat ran ashore or was pulled up there?
it seems crazy that it would keep going that far out of the water based on engine power alone.

When I was about 2 my dad was side swiped and I went out the open car window. (Before car seats were mandatory). I suffered a bit of road rash and nothing else and ended up with only 1/2 inch scar. 2 year olds are light and floppy so I could believe he could have been launched and scared that night, especially with that angle.

I've also seen a grown man fall out of one of those flat bottom boats. I was walking over a bridge and the boat was traveling underneath. A gentleman stood up to adjust his line and over he went. Luckily someone else was driving and stopped the boat. They were also wearing lifejackets. We stopped and made sure everyone was okay and continued on our way. (Not sure how he got back into the boat). If he didn't have lifejacket on and went over he may not have come up, especially with a medical emergency.

Growing up in MN, catching an hour or even less of fishing was normal for me, especially if I brought my siblings along. Fresh air and excitement entertained them and wore them out faster.

I'm inclined to believe it was an accident and he's in the water. I've read about gators in Lewisville lake, big ones. He could be tucked away for the moment (that sounds harsh, sorry).

Alligators up in that part of Texas are rare.

Was there damage to the front of the boat if it came crashing into that area? Speaking to some locals there, it seems hinky to more than just us. IJS MOO

I'm wandering how the phone, life vests and shoes were found in the boat (location). If the boat came up to the beach area fast would those items be scattered about?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back