UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I am bringing it up, mobile trangulation is limited and thats all I have read, the mobile operating system has its own, Windows (can only be activated/deactivated on handset or internet login) I know when changing Microsoft Login - on old Microsoft accounts the 'device' has to be REMOVED from the old account but it does not report new or sync data (email/pics etc), it does that to the new Microsoft Account details. Unless N knows her sons Microsoft Account password the available data linked including location movement is secure & Microsoft would like Apple or Android/Blackberry give access without court order. The device still showing in N Microsoft account would not be reporting anything with a new Microsoft Account login. That info if available on C Microsoft Account is far better than mobile networks triangulation.
Thank you for that info. I wonder if SP have looked into this possibility. N said that C's phone bill is on her account, so I would guess that she would be able, under the circumstances, to get the info from Microsoft. Maybe they have already done this and it shows it being in landfill. Have you suggested this course of action to her or anyone connected with the investigation?

<modsnip>

No witnesses saw C so he had to have got in the bin unseen very quickly so there is no evidence of foul play at all. If someone put him in the bin, how did that person evade cctv? And evade being seen by witnesses?

If there is a serial murderer, how did s/he evade cctv?

It is now seemingly the simplest of solutions. Yet we all still find it hard to accept. Even the poll shows we don't believe he got into the bin himself.
You think MOD staff are not trained in non detection ? Could have been there hours before, also easy to coerce someone if you know thier contact details/online profiles, as I said a normal night is not know of C being kicked out clubs, he could have been spiked and his behaviour was out of normal limits, doubtful any trace may exist by now.

Thank you for that info. I wonder if SP have looked into this possibility. N said that C's phone bill is on her account, so I would guess that she would be able, under the circumstances, to get the info from Microsoft. Maybe they have already done this and it shows it being in landfill. Have you suggested this course of action to her or anyone connected with the investigation?
The phone/sim may be on N mobile account but C login to the Nokia via Microsoft Account wont be at network level, I've seen the pics young lads esp servicemen have on thier phone and synced to thier email/MA/SkyDrive (M/S cloud) so it is doubtful they accessed current user data and locations from FMP on N account as she not deleted the handset. I only got here last night after hearing the news and googling, but this triangulation bothered me then I read a BBC report saying Nokia 435 and as a previous Lumia owner I know changing Microsoft account does not delete the handset from the previous MA login, it just stops syncing data to old & starts with the new. None of this sits well with me, triangulation would tell me they did not get info from the mobile OS or server - then on here as mentioned his mums old mobile, then BBC report online today I read a Nokia Lumia 435 which I know its features (and flaws). As I said I am a complete newbie here, I saw the news in Sep and the update last night, would not have a clue about contact/investigation/family. Perhaps someone here can pass the info on to make sure DATA was checked on C Microsoft Account login and not N MA as the previous user.

It might be nothing but it might be something, a easy mistake to make and a Microsoft flaw when using a second hand Windows Phone that stays on previous users account but reports/syncs nothing.

Also was data being consumed till 8am(?) by apps pinging Facebook/WhatsApp/SnapChat etc..if so data was on or wifi so access to C own Microsoft Account may have been pinging location to his Microsoft Account if FMP was on, and wrong Microsoft Account was checked. Quite easy to find out via bills if mobile data active between 4-8am. Facebook etc must have last data sent info, not ping but data transfer .Triangulation info on Lumia wifi/GPS/MobileData/network info are all used 1, 2 or all 4 I found it to be quite accurate with 2 out of 4

Also was data being consumed till 8am(?) by apps pinging Facebook/WhatsApp/SnapChat etc..if so data was on or wifi so access to C own Microsoft Account may have been pinging location to his Microsoft Account if FMP was on, and wrong Microsoft Account was checked. Quite easy to find out via bills if mobile data active between 4-8am
If you can, you need to pass this user knowledge about the M/s Lumia on to the MIT and Nicola. I would think they know this but we can't assume that. If they can locate the phone this way as you say, it would surely show the location in the landfill, if you are correct. I cannot believe with all the expertise associated with this case they could have missed this.

I would think MIS may know such things, but in my experience LE don't have much of a clue. This information may be very useful to them and we can't assume they already know. If they did, surely they would have located the phone a long time ago. Aye, could you perhaps call one of the numbers given on this website please: http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/

That's great! Thank you so much for the info and for doing what you can to ensure they know that they may be able to get some info that they may not realise they can. :)
No worries, I have a highly inquizitive mind and things other people miss I dont, must have took the wrong career path, could have been a criminal or police lol. It is something easy to miss for the average Joe but experts just SHOULDN'T. And I hope for his family etc they didnt. I've read a few things that put me at unease in the media and think I need to get a good read of Corrie website, one thing that struck me was friends dont just go out and forget about you, but that may be media bull, as I said I will give the website facts a read for twenty mins and pick up more reading of it tomorrow after a sleep.

So what happens if he ISN'T found at the landfill? Do they assume he isn't there or that he is there but just can't find him?

One thing's for sure..It's outed a pregnancy that didn't need outing, it's dragged a young couples private life through a public ringer and named totally innocent people who will now have their names forever linked to him...When in hindsight it would appear absolutely nothing dodgy or sordid ever happened and it's been a very tragic accident.

One thing's for sure..It's outed a pregnancy that didn't need outing, it's dragged a young couples private life through a public ringer and named totally innocent people who will now have their names forever linked to him...When in hindsight it would appear absolutely nothing dodgy or sordid ever happened and it's been a very tragic accident.

And the poor child, who will be Googling daddy's name once s/he is old enough and reading all this :(

Can you please elaborate
I'm not wanting to go into detail about what I read online, except to say I have always felt that from day one, publishing sensitive stuff about corries personal life was not in any way shape or form something that should have been put out there for public discussion - if they find his phone and they can link corrie to meeting someone I'll be happy to elaborate when appropriate, but I do not want to speculate now even more so because if there is a link, then any online spec could hinder criminal proceedings - P.s. There was a lot of chatter regarding this online a while back with people taking great interest in corries private/personal life, I'm sure that stuff is still findable online

<modsnip>

No witnesses saw C so he had to have got in the bin unseen very quickly so there is no evidence of foul play at all. If someone put him in the bin, how did that person evade cctv? And evade being seen by witnesses?

If there is a serial murderer, how did s/he evade cctv?

It is now seemingly the simplest of solutions. Yet we all still find it hard to accept. Even the poll shows we don't believe he got into the bin himself.

Yes. The whole case seems like a battle of somekind. First there comes big publicity, lots of money and work to find Corrie. Then suddenly everything turns upside down over an incorrect weight and police is certain that Corrie will be found in landfill. So, accidents happens and that's the end of story! Could be, but like said, that is so hard to buy! About possible foul play, it would be easy to arrange since there are many backdoors in HS and those cctv cameras are fake ones.

Yes. The whole case seems like a battle of somekind. First there comes big publicity, lots of money and work to find Corrie. Then suddenly everything turns upside down over an incorrect weight and police is certain that Corrie will be found in landfill. So, accidents happens and that's the end of story! Could be, but like said, that is so hard to buy! About possible foul play, it would be easy to arrange since there are many backdoors in HS and those cctv cameras are fake ones.
There's still 10 weeks of speculation left , plenty of time for more revelations too. We still don't know how he actually got to landfill do we?

Back to square 1. Rinse and repeat as UT says.
I would like to 'rewrite' the ending of the search for him. I am really hoping that the info that Aye gave last night/early this morning, will lead to giving help in locating C. In doing so, ideally I'd like C to be found somewhere nice, but realising that this is unlikely, I would like him to be found anywhere but the landfill. Somewhere pretty where the spring flowers are starting to bloom, where the sun always shines and where he is at peace.

Interesting to see that that majority of us think Corrie was put in the bin by another person, rather than climbing in himself for a sleep, 22 votes to 5 last time I looked.

Does this mean 4 minute man and old lurky legs are still in the frame? What about anyone else?

I'd really like to know what Corrie's family and friends think to the notion of him getting in the bin voluntarily. Had he done it before? Had it been talked about ever? Would he typically need more sleep having already had a nap? If someone suddenly said "oh he often slept rough after a night out, he once woke up in a skip" it would change things dramatically.

His brother stated ( in a live Q&A if I remember right) that he would often have a nap, saying that they once both kipped on a bench together. He said once Corrie woke up he would be raring to go again though!

I can hardly bear to write this, but looking at the pictures of the landfill search and what they are looking through, there doesn't seem to be many 'large chunks' of rubbish. There's also millions of plastic bags so it must be nigh on impossible to distinguish between a bag and a scrap of pink shirt for example. I'm not naive and I know what they're searching for (100% agree with Totallyodds's post and would rather he was found anywhere but there) but is it actually feasible to find remains in this vast space? SP are saying if he's there they'll find him but what if they don't? Does that mean he's not there? Or does it mean he could be missed? Awful to even think of this, N and M must be in a complete state of disbelief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen the possibility of the phone being trackable posted many times on here and in other places. While I'm not a huge fan of SP's handling of the case I do feel they will have exhausted every avenue wrt being able to locate the phone more accurately.

The special skills of MIS should include basic phone tracking IMO

JMO

I can hardly bear to write this, but looking at the pictures of the landfill search and what they are looking through, there doesn't seem to be many 'large chunks' of rubbish. There's also millions of plastic bags so it must be nigh on impossible to distinguish between a bag and a scrap of pink shirt for example. I'm not naive and I know what they're searching for (100% agree with Totallyodds's post and would rather he was found anywhere but there) but is it actually feasible to find remains in this vast space? SP are saying if he's there they'll find him but what if they don't? Does that mean he's not there? Or does it mean he could be missed? Awful to even think of this, N and M must be in a complete state of disbelief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Without knowing the exact process that his body will have went through, based on what I know with local waste disposal I believe his body would have been largely intact. The main damage being done via crushing in the bin lorry itself, then you add in the heavy machinery working at the landfill as well. It also depends on where he is located too. That will determine how well preserved the body is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member