Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally just a local lurker, hope I'm quoting correctly. IMO, only because I've been there, no way she would have just happened to end up in this park and then swerved into the river. You have to go over the railroad tracks to get to the park. There's also a walking trail between the road and the river. It looks closer in these screen shots than it really is. Not sure if this view helps at all. Again, IMO only, I don't see how this was an accident
4058558ddbac6cb3dfe8074da54c513f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If she was exhausted, tipsy, or texting, she could have mistaken the walking path for a road. I've done that before in an unfamiliar area in the daytime.

I suppose it'd be a bit more precise to say she slid on the ice into the Missouri River, probably not real close to the park, but basically yes.

If it wasn't close to the park...then how did the car get to where it was found? I suppose it could have come from upstream but I'm not sure what road it would have slipped off to to the west.

Personally, I think she crashed from MO9, which you can see is very possible from my previous posts on here. I will admit that the boat ramp is very suspect due to its proximity, but based on the markings on her car, I think she had an accident.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-15-Jan-2017-4&p=13184737#post13184737

JMO!

I will ask again in case you missed my post before (sorry, I can't link it)....if her car went in where you think it went in....how did it end up in the spot it was found? The part of the road near the river is pretty far away and down stream.

Watching the nightly news on KMBC9. The reporter said all of her windows were busted out. All of them. Seems pretty weird to me. I'll post a link to that info if it turns up in a MSM article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 15 miles from where the car was found. I think accident. I have seen so many cases that turned out to be accidents on Websleuths over the years. A late night plus possible impaired judgment plus a river equals accident to me.

If she was exhausted, tipsy, or texting, she could have mistaken the walking path for a road. I've done that before in an unfamiliar area in the daytime.

Any thoughts on how or why she could have been in the park at this hour?

Earlier someone mentioned it could be a drug spot. Do we know at all about if she had any drug habits? I haven't followed the thread closely (it was too hard to keep up.)

The only way I see this being an accident is if she was in the park for some reason and then the car rolled down the steep bank and into the river by accident because she was impaired in some way. That would explain the damage to the car. But I would only see this as a possibility if there is some link to her and this park. If she often came to this park in the middle of the night...I'm sure SOMEONE in her life would know this, right?

I will ask again in case you missed my post before (sorry, I can't link it)....if her car went in where you think it went in....how did it end up in the spot it was found? The part of the road near the river is pretty far away and down stream.

Amy - Sorry, I missed your post. There are so many here. Momentum from the speed of her car and the downhill aspect of the river. I think the river curves downhill for some distance.

Absolutely. It is often some sort of accident. The cases in the lakes in Oklahoma were so heartbreaking. So much time passed that loved ones suffered, not knowing what happened.
You said fairly early on wreck and water. So sad. She can rest now.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on how or why she could have been in the park at this hour?

Earlier someone mentioned it could be a drug spot. Do we know at all about if she had any drug habits? I haven't followed the thread closely (it was too hard to keep up.)
Thank you. That's what I'm saying, there would be no reason to be here at that time of day, IMO. You have to go over the railroad tracks, through a parking lot, basically. And probably can't go more than 20mph down there. Not really any way to "accidentally" get on the walking trail. There was a reason she drove this way.

None of the videos are working for me, so I am clicking frame by frame. I will tell you a few things I notice--- I dont see a license plate on the back. It seems like a spare tire or at least one without a rim on the back passenger side. Front drivers looks similar. The passenger side door actually looks like it was impacted.. The front/ hood actually looks in pretty good shape. You can see that it is slightly buckled from the driver's side view. The trunk is wide open. Something red looks like it is hanging out the drivers window at second 7- could be light, as I dont see it from front view. Front view shows right drivers side headlight busted and windshield completely busted. Area of the car hanging down, seen from the front, on the drivers side. The roof is smashed mostly on top of the passenger side.

Rest in Peace! I am so glad you were found.
And in Missouri front license plates are required. I didn't see front plates either unless the car was licensed in KS.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

And in Missouri front license plates are required. I didn't see front plates either unless the car was licensed in KS.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It was registered in kansas, she had kansas plates.

Watching the nightly news on KMBC9. The reporter said all of her windows were busted out. All of them. Seems pretty weird to me. I'll post a link to that info if it turns up in a MSM article.

I know nothing about what happens to a car when submerged in water but it seems like the pressure could cause this? Although I'm not of the opinion that this was an accident.

Amy - Sorry, I missed your post. There are so many here. Momentum from the speed of her car and the downhill aspect of the river. I think the river curves downhill for some distance.

But I thought the current in this area went west to east? So if she went off the road where you say...even with some momentum...could her car still go a mile or however far up river? This is what I don't understand. But I don't really know any of the science and math type stuff with momentum or river currents.

I think the car went in the river from the park and that it likely rolled down the hill. Watching the footage today, it looked pretty steep.

Personally, I think she crashed from MO9, which you can see is very possible from my previous posts on here. I will admit that the boat ramp is very suspect due to its proximity, but based on the markings on her car, I think she had an accident.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-15-Jan-2017-4&p=13184737#post13184737

JMO!

Looking at your post and pictures.
Can you confirm that it is your opinion that while driving north west on Rt 9 she veered across the highway, then grass, railroad tracks, trees, a path, a bank and eventually landed in the river?

Then... her and her car floated against the current of a powerful river and ended up near the river bank of an isolated park the happens to have a boat ramp feet away?

I know nothing about what happens to a car when submerged in water but it seems like the pressure could cause this? Although I'm not of the opinion that this was an accident.

A poster above posted that it's pretty common to happen to cars when they roll. Who knew!
004161db90da8442104a134480237c2a.jpg

It will be interesting to hear who the black SUV belonged to. Also interesting that the police came out and said the black SUV was unrelated to this case so quickly.

But I thought the current in this area went west to east? So if she went off the road where you say...even with some momentum...could her car still go a mile or however far up river? This is what I don't understand. But I don't really know any of the science and math type stuff with momentum or river currents.

I think the car went in the river from the park and that it likely rolled down the hill. Watching the footage today, it looked pretty steep.

I don't understand it either, but I dont think there was any other explanation. There has been no indication that she had any reason to be in that park at 5am at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie