Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. It sure seems people can interpret things differently...

I so no collision damage to that vehicle whatsoever. The front bumper is intact. It was rolled into the water, or driven in at low speed. When a vehicle first goes into the water, it floats. It is like a leaky boat. Eventually it sinks and ended up where it was. It is pulled out of the water upside down, so it looks like the current turned it over. Damage to the vehicle is because it was upside down.

It is my opinion that the vehicle was purposely driven into the water at low speed. I am 100% convinced this was a suicide.

I agree about the damage claims you've made. I see no damage but where the car was dragged out of the water. On the roof top and the passenger side of car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm really not getting the just an accident thing. This area is a park, right? So she'd purposely have to be in a park. By herself at 5am? Ok. It looks like a pretty simple enough road that wouldn't really allow for high speeds or fatal accidents, though I accept it's possible. What direction does the river flow? The spare tire does concern me. Is it the donut or what? You'd think that was brought up, especially in the article that was painting the picture of an accident. Or are those not as unstable as I think?

Also the GPS disconnected, and phone connected to network til 9p.m. remain a mystery when considering just an accident. Also, where was she going (by herself? At what time?) that would result in a random and tragic accident in this location?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm really not getting the just an accident thing. This area is a park, right? So she'd purposely have to be in a park. By herself at 5am? Ok. It looks like a pretty simple enough road that wouldn't really allow for high speeds or fatal accidents, though I accept it's possible. What direction does the river flow? The spare tire does concern me. Is it the donut or what? You'd think that was brought up, especially in the article that was painting the picture of an accident. Or are those not as unstable as I think?

Also the GPS disconnected, and phone connected to network til 9p.m. remain a mystery when considering just an accident. Also, where was she going (by herself? At what time?) that would result in a random and tragic accident in this location?

I wondered if it was a spare as well but had convinced myself the rim had probably just come off. Disclaimer, I know almost nothing about tires :)

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I believe it is NOT a donut tire. Perspective is off due to the cap coming off on impact.
Will be interesting to hear what info is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the stills! For me it's still hard to say that it was an accident just based on the photos.

If this area was searched then how is it possible signs of an accident of this nature went unnoticed?

I've crashed my car before and it wasn't as bad as Toni's car looks and the damage to the surrounding property was noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought it was a spare, too. Mr. Bee took one look and said just what you stated. I go with y'all as I am tire ignorant.

I believe it is NOT a donut tire. Perspective is off due to the cap coming off on impact.
Will be interesting to hear what info is released.

For anyone having trouble visualizing river flow, etc, I have made this diagram. Our brain power is better put to work on what could have brought her to S. Main St rather than trying to figure out a way she could have entered somewhere else to support a different theory.
attachment.php

Attachments

• tonianderson.jpg
    tonianderson.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 834
We know from Toni's tweets that she was prone on occasion to using/abusing Adderall, and Adderall-induced psychosis can manifest itself through severe anxiety and confusion - among other ways. However, it's usually the result of long-term abuse. So, while it's not inconceivable that a psychotic episode could be in play, the likelihood is low, since there is no other evidence that she experienced other abnormal thoughts or behavior - aside from the typical teenage angst.

Also, the autopsy - which we will probably not be privy to - will reveal whether there were drugs in Toni's system and - more importantly - whether water was found in her lungs, which will clarify whether she died from drowning or was already deceased when entering the water.

:stop:

Post have been removed.

This isn't a competition. Stop the immature squabbling over who was right or wrong with a theory. Discuss the case and not each other.

Thanks for the map, Vail. The red star lets us see clearly where Toni was last seen--26 blocks north of the river in Clay county--and the distance from Parkville in Platte county. Parkville is a small suburb of KCMO with an artsy shopping area and lots of beautiful homes around it. I'm not sure what she would have been doing there at that time of the morning. We probably will never know. But I am glad she has been found for the sake of her parents and others who loved her. I watched the live feed of the team working to pull her car out of the river. It was quite a task, and the Missouri State Highway Patrol dive team deserves a lot of credit for their work. That is a difficult and risky job. Every time they went back into the water, I held my breath.

Will toxicology even show anything if she was in fact in the water since she went missing?

Thank you. In those pictures, I see significantly less damage than it looked like in the video.

Do we know if they removed the remains before they pulled the car out of the water? Mr. Carbuff, who has first responder training, says it looks like they broke the windshield and side window to get somebody out.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Dragging a car out along the bottom of a river alone would cause significant damage.
The way the car came out is no indication to me of how it went it.

Looked to me they broke the window to latch the hook on to it. It is clearly a regular tire not a spare.

Thank you. In those pictures, I see significantly less damage than it looked like in the video.

Do we know if they removed the remains before they pulled the car out of the water? Mr. Carbuff, who has first responder training, says it looks like they broke the windshield and side window to get somebody out.

I was wondering about that, too. If they got Toni out before bringing up the car.
:(

The windshield looks broken due to impact or hitting something on bottom of water. There seems to be a lot of roof damage meaning it was upside down in there. I believe they pulled remains out and placed on boat in water. That would make more sense for evidence testing.

For anyone having trouble visualizing river flow, etc, I have made this diagram. Our brain power is better put to work on what could have brought her to S. Main St rather than trying to figure out a way she could have entered somewhere else to support a different theory.
attachment.php

Definitely a possibility.

I depends on how long the car floated. If the river has a strong current, it is more likely...

Does anyone know the general conditions of the river usually and when she went missing?

I'm from this area and I just can't see how this was an accident. She had a reason to go to that park, it's not far but if you live and hang out downtown you don't exactly just drive up to Parkville for no reason. I also don't see how it would be possible to accidentally drive into the river in that area. If that did happen, where was the person she was meeting? Did they not arrive yet? If not, they would be calling or texting her shortly after to find out where she was and LEO would know. I think she was meeting someone, that was planned at work (no trail on texts), and it went wrong. Panic .. Boat ramp, easy solution. Someone is sweating with this discovery. JMO + RIP Toni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine