Questions you'd like answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question I would ask would be whether B carried his knives in his pockets ..
Those are pocketknives I guess and boys like to show off with them to their friends and we know that he whittled with it all around.
Was it in his pocket when he returned home from the Whites ?

MURDERER_SERVANT,

Apparently not. Yet if BR owned more than one pocketknife he could have had one in his pocket.

Linda Hoffmann Pugh the Ramsey's Housekeeper says this about BR whittling:

Burke had this red Scout knife and always whittled. He'd never use a BAG or paper to catch the shavings. He'd whittle all over the place. I asked Patsy to have a talk with him. She answered, "Well I don't know what to do other than take the knife away from him." After Thanksgiving I took that knife away from him and hid it in the cupboard just outside JonBenet's room. That's how that problem was solved.

Have the doorknobs/handles in the home ever been checked as a possible point of impact?

As a child I was entering a classroom as another was escaping (literally, he had hit the teacher with a chair and was running for his life.) He kicked the door open as I was reaching for it from the other side, and I took a blow to the forehead. I felt nauseous, and minutes later blacked out.

So this is more of a personal experience than a theory, but if I had also impacted a knob or handle instead of the flat side of the door, I think a fracture would have been not only possible but likely. A door opened or closed with force can be a weapon in its own right.

I assume every single door-handle in that home was tested for prints, but was there perhaps anything else found or looked for?

Have the doorknobs/handles in the home ever been checked as a possible point of impact?

As a child I was entering a classroom as another was escaping (literally, he had hit the teacher with a chair and was running for his life.) He kicked the door open as I was reaching for it from the other side, and I took a blow to the forehead. I felt nauseous, and minutes later blacked out.

So this is more of a personal experience than a theory, but if I had also impacted a knob or handle instead of the flat side of the door, I think a fracture would have been not only possible but likely. A door opened or closed with force can be a weapon in its own right.

I assume every single door-handle in that home was tested for prints, but was there perhaps anything else found or looked for?
The problem I have with JB's body moving toward an object, rather than an object moving toward her head, is speed. In order to cause the kind of skull fracture she sustained, she would have to have been moving at a speed of approximately 30 or more mph. She weighed 45 lbs. It would be very difficult for anyone to swing her body at that speed.
Generally speaking, lighter items are easier to swing fast. A bat or a Maglite weigh about the same. A 10 year old could swing one 60 mph.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/403085

I have wondered about a doorknob. If she and the door were both moving and slammed into one another? IDK. I too was hit by a door as a child. A couple times at least. The door going out to the garage shared a landing with the stairs leading to our basement and the door was heavy and tended to stick and if the timing was just right someone would open the door forcefully and I'd happen to be on the landing on the other side and bam! Flourish flies down the stairs. Ugh once I was holding a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich at the time of impact. Getting that out of my hair was not fun.

Just read this topic from page one.. the questions in this case are endless!
Here are a few I have-

1. What happened to the pineapple bowl? Did the police ever search the fridge/freezer and find any pineapple?
2. What happened to the My Twin Doll?
3. Did they ever test the black duck tape dispenser seen in basement pics?
4. Did they test the bristle end of paintbrush found in paint tray?
5. What about american girl doll- where they able to track down card used for payment?
6. Did they manage to identify about unidentified palm print on found on the wine cellar door?
7. What happened with the pubic hair found in white blanket JB was found wrapped in?

Just read this topic from page one.. the questions in this case are endless!
Here are a few I have-

1. What happened to the pineapple bowl? Did the police ever search the fridge/freezer and find any pineapple?
They found prints on the bowl. Pineapple was kept in the walk-in fridge. Patsy didn't remember buying it.

2. What happened to the My Twin Doll?
From what I can recall, they don't know what happened to it. Keep in mind some of these items were brought up 4 months after the murder when the Ramseys were officially interviewed. Investigators wouldn't have known that particular items may have been important days or weeks after the murder because they didn't have access to the family members.

3. Did they ever test the black duck tape dispenser seen in basement pics?
There was black tape on the backs of the paintings in the house too. None of it was matched to the tape that covered her mouth.

4. Did they test the bristle end of paintbrush found in paint tray?
It was taken into evidence.

5. What about american girl doll- where they able to track down card used for payment?
I have no clue on this one. I remember reading about the question, but I haven't seen an answer.

6. Did they manage to identify about unidentified palm print on found on the wine cellar door?
The palm print was sourced and belonged to a member of the family.

7. What happened with the pubic hair found in white blanket JB was found wrapped in?
The pubic hair wasn't a pubic hair. It was more like a hair from Patsy's arm. DNA indicated that it probably belonged to Patsy.

One of my favorite ways to search for facts in this case is from www.acandyrose.com. It's easy with a site specific google search:

"site:acandyrose.com jonbenet pubic hair"

If you want to search for something other than "pubic hair", just replace those words with other key words.

Please correct me where I may have been mistaken.

They found prints on the bowl. Pineapple was kept in the walk-in fridge. Patsy didn't remember buying it.

Ah right. I wonder if they found the pineapple in a tub you can buy from the supermarket if you know what I mean. Wonder if they went as far as fingerprinting the tub it was in..

What phone was used for the 911 call on the morning of 26th? I know that Rs said they used the phone in the kitchen, but you never know with the Rs...

Ah right. I wonder if they found the pineapple in a tub you can buy from the supermarket if you know what I mean. Wonder if they went as far as fingerprinting the tub it was in..

Patsy's deposition about the pineapple is on ACR. Patsy goes into detail about how she purchased pineapple that was already cored, but she denies purchasing any pineapple.

What phone was used for the 911 call on the morning of 26th? I know that Rs said they used the phone in the kitchen, but you never know with the Rs...

There's been some argument about what phone they used. The argument being that if they used the kitchen phone gravity would have hung-up the phone and there wouldn't be any conversation heard afterward. But the phone they reported to use was the kitchen phone with the ransom note placed on the floor in the back hallway. John knelt down on his hands and knees (in his underwear) to quickly read the note.

For the Moms out there...
How could any mom find their only daughter dead and still be able to function in the hours afterwards? I think it would be evident that pasty was grief stricken by the time the police got there [my eyes would be swollen shut] if she knew her only daughter was dead. I get that that people think she was trying to protect her surviving child, but still, there would be some innate reaction to seeing your child dead that I do not think any mother could suppress. And then be able to sit there and write a 3 page letter in the hours that followed?!
As seen on her CNN interview, she needed a ton of medication just to function, and this was days later. I am in the BDI camp, but I just can't get past this. Granted, Patsy had issues, but I do believe she was a loving parent. Heck, I cry when my kids get their vaccinations. I really don't think she could have held it together long enough to complete all the staging.
Shock fueled by adrenaline and a desperate need to draw attention away from her surviving child at all cost.

Something I have always wondered- the Intruder went in a killed a little girl in a horrible way. The house must have had so much valuable stuff in it seen as the family were worth millions- why would't the intruder rob some stuff? I've got a feeling this wasn't his intent but..

Did they test the other paintbrushes found in the tote near the wine cellar?
And could they test the paint brush shards found on the floor?

Did they test the other paintbrushes found in the tote near the wine cellar?
And could they test the paint brush shards found on the floor?

Test for what? DNA? Testing is expensive and time consuming and wouldn't have been done unless investigators had good evidence that it was handled by the killer.

Something I have always wondered- the Intruder went in a killed a little girl in a horrible way. The house must have had so much valuable stuff in it seen as the family were worth millions- why would't the intruder rob some stuff? I've got a feeling this wasn't his intent but..

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but there was no intruder.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but there was no intruder.

An intruder who didn't ask for much money or steal anything from the house. A kidnapper who didn't kidnap anyone. A pedophile who left very little behind in the way of forensics and whose abuse appeared to be superficial and possibly a cover for other aspects of the crime. A vicious murderer who redressed and wrapped his victim and hid her for an unknown purpose.

An intruder who didn't ask for much money or steal anything from the house. A kidnapper who didn't kidnap anyone. A pedophile who left very little behind in the way of forensics and whose abuse appeared to be superficial and possibly a cover for other aspects of the crime. A vicious murderer who redressed and wrapped his victim and hid her for an unknown purpose.
A vicious murderer pedophile and would be kidnapper who had handwriting startlingly similar to that of the victim's mother...

I found something interesting reading an old Daily Camera article about the 2000 interviews in Atlanta. As you may recall, the Ramseys consented to the interview after police/prosecutors hinted another grand jury could be convened and the Rams would be forced to testify under different circumstances than they would have during the first grand jury. Thanks to recent legislation, the Ramseys would still have access to any previous statements they'd made, but they would no longer have access to statements other people had made about them prior to testifying.

Anyway, Hunter made this comment about the upcoming interview:
Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter said today's interviews are important. He said criminologist Henry Lee, who has consulted on the case, has provided a list of questions he would like answered.

"We go into this believing that we can advance the case," he said. "There are some things we need to know."
http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/28arams.html

It's been a while since I looked at the Atlanta interviews but now I wonder which questions came from Henry Lee.

I found something interesting reading an old Daily Camera article about the 2000 interviews in Atlanta. As you may recall, the Ramseys consented to the interview after police/prosecutors hinted another grand jury could be convened and the Rams would be forced to testify under different circumstances than they would have during the first grand jury. Thanks to recent legislation, the Ramseys would still have access to any previous statements they'd made, but they would no longer have access to statements other people had made about them prior to testifying.

Anyway, Hunter made this comment about the upcoming interview:

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/28arams.html

It's been a while since I looked at the Atlanta interviews but now I wonder which questions came from Henry Lee.

DrollForeignFaction,
Might be the fiber questions:

Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, it is

22 our belief based on forensic evidence that

23 there are hairs that are associated, that the

24 source is the collared black shirt that you

25 sent us that are found in your daughter's

1 underpants, and I wondered if you --

2 A. ********. I don't believe that.

3 I don't buy it. If you are trying to

4 disgrace my relationship with my daughter --

5 Q. Mr. Ramsey, I am not trying to

6 disgrace --
This is when I reckoned JR wiped JonBenet down, see the Coroner's verbatim remarks.

Q. We have found, and I want you to

22 help us, maybe you can offer an explanation

23 for this. We have found fibers in the paint

24 tray that appear to come off of the coat in

25 the photograph we showed you.

1 A. In the paint tray?

2 Q. Yes.

3 A. What's a paint --

4 MR. WOOD: Hold on. Let him ask

5 you his question and then answer his

6 question. What is your question?
Their linking both Patsy and John to the crime-scene with these fiber samples.

Anyone know if there was a CCTV camera in the garage? heard Rumors there was?
Did police check whether the engine on the Ramseys car was still hot like the car had been used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong