Anyone else hunkering down for Nor'easter tomorrow?

Two and a half hours from the city. Price Chopper at least was civil (if terse). Avoided the Great Satan (Walmart of course) as probably panicking rednecks attacking one another with hand trowels in long long lines there.

Thank God I don't/won't deal with that. I was back home by 1PM. Laundry, cooked, tub of water, gathered my important stuff, gas, garbage. all set.

Stay warm and safe. Nitey. Making my warm bed now.

PS: charging my phone and laptop right now, just in case I have signals tomorrow. Hot Soup is going in thermos.

Isn't that just lovely - received an emergency warning text regarding a tornado warning in Sarasota County until 9 PM tonight.

:notgood:

PS: charging my phone and laptop right now, just in case I have signals tomorrow. Hot Soup is going in thermos.

Hot soup in a thermos. what a great idea! I hadn't thought of that. If I am ever in a future emergency like what you all are having, I will be more prepared. I live in Colorado and the weather will be nice tomorrow.
Thinking of you!

Isn't that just lovely - received an emergency warning text regarding a tornado warning in Sarasota County until 9 PM tonight.

:notgood:

Tornado warning for you. I remember when I was in Oklahoma in the 1970's, I saw two tornadoes hooked together as one. We did not get hit, Thank God! That may have been the year that Tulsa got hit, though.

Hunkered and ready for the storm. Bring it on. (And stay safe, everyone!)

Outside of NYC right now. Waiting.

Have done lots of big storms, including Sandy--no power, for a week but had a small generator that did the fridge, water pump and septic for two hours a day. But, created health hazard ourselves wtih the exhaust from the generator outside the house. Lots of tree removal bills and had my MIL in town for Sandy.

Jersey shore-
High wind advisory -40 - 50mph

Winter storm warning possible 6 -12 inches depending on location

State of emergency- essential employees only report Tuesday

Flood warning- expect storm surge barrier islands

All of that and I still won't get a day off.... Lol! I work for a newspaper...

Sandy was awful down here also. We went without power for 9 days. A regular gross hotel room on the strip usually went for 50-100$ per night. During Sandy they wanted 450$ per night ( they ran off of back up generators so they had power)

Stay safe everyone. Good job preparing! Keep us posted if you can.

I've never experienced a blizzard, since my parents moved from NYC to the SF Bay Area when I was two years old many eons ago. But my mother told me she went into a difficult labor with me during a January blizzard and it took the doctor hours to get to the hospital to do a Caesarian. Poor mom. :(

Upstate NY, snow starting up. Winds howling. HaHa stinkbugs..go back in your caves or holes or whereever you creep out of...Spring is not here yet. :bee:

The wind is picking up here at the shore and the ocean is wildly clapping against the sea wall. The tide is high so water is ever so slowly creeping above sea level.
It's not supposed to get bad here until the middle of the night but I won't get much sleep anyway. My phone will chime every ten mins with every alert possible ( because of my job, I must have it set up that way )

The wind is picking up here at the shore and the ocean is wildly clapping against the sea wall. The tide is high so water is ever so slowly creeping above sea level.
It's not supposed to get bad here until the middle of the night but I won't get much sleep anyway. My phone will chime every ten mins with every alert possible ( because of my job, I must have it set up that way )

Thanks for the update! :)

Been in New England my whole life and still dislike the snow! Lost power for a week during the last storm. Sigh! Be Safe!!!!

I am. I'm in NY. I did Irene and Sandy.

Cooking a lot today. Sterilized my tub, now filled. No power= no water for me.
Got my down comforter, several wool blankies. Wool socks, and good thermal undies.

I have gas in my car, if I can dig it out.

Everyone round here is scared. No driving tomorrow, Tuesday till Wednesday.

I have plenty of food and water, but.... the cold is something else.

I got through Irene. No power.
And Sandy, no power for a week, it was COLD. After 3 days I went to my friends home.

Please keep us all in your thoughts tonight into tomorrow.

:seeya: :lurk:

I'm currently in Wilkes-Barre visiting a relative and in a blizzard warning until Tues at 8:30 pm. Wilkes-Barre is supposed to get 16-20 inches in 24 hours with wind gusts of 45 mph. It has just started snowing. The "heavy snow" starts at 8 am tomorrow.

The sleet has arrived!
I'm getting school closings in by the minute. It'll be interesting to see how this storm plays out down here!

I'm currently in Wilkes-Barre visiting a relative and in a blizzard warning until Tues at 8:30 pm. Wilkes-Barre is supposed to get 16-20 inches in 24 hours with wind gusts of 45 mph. It has just started snowing. The "heavy snow" starts at 8 am tomorrow.

Just south of you outside of Hazleton. :waving:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998