Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

Only one thing I can think about right now and it's how fast we solved this case in comparison to when it was discovered. As I'm getting updates of Buckskin girl it bothers me that she has been known for as long as she has but is still taken just as long to research her and yet still no answers. And that is just one case there are thousands.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was thinking something similar, that there are cases out there with more to go on like, distinguishing marks and recognizable faces, that would seem to have a better chance at being ID'd, like BG, but, sadly, they're not.
But, hopefully soon.

This was one of the first threads I started reading when I joined WS. Great job by all! It's amazing what you guys do!

This is amazing news and Ice deserves all the credit in the world. She never would have been ID'd without you.

This case highlights the reason why I believe every county should be required to enter its missing persons and UIDs into NamUs. Look how quickly this one was solved after being listed there. How many more of the 'forgotten forgotten' -- the UIDs whose records are so buried they haven't been touched in decades -- could be identified if someone dusted off the old files and entered them into NamUs? If every one of them had an Ice190 who went above and beyond what they were ever required to do simply because they cared?

I posted an update on r/UnresolvedMysteries (under WestKendallJenner) since this case was originally posted over there.

The family asked me to stress that they are still trying to get the body exhumed so that they can confirm the ID with DNA testing. But they have a tentative match on dentals.

The family asked me to stress that they are still trying to get the body exhumed so that they can confirm the ID with DNA testing. But they have a tentative match on dentals.
I want to help in any way I can. I was planning on trying to get it done myself at some point but Lt Don said it'd be a lengthy court process. Unfortunately the Potters field section of highland park cemetery where she'd be is as far as I'm aware, completely unmarked. I've been there several times looking for her

UPDATE I was contacted by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office and informed that a positive Identification HAS NOT YET been made. The announcement that I had made was based on what Linda's sister had told me, and her information was based on what was told to her by law enforcement in charge of Linda's case. Apparently, dental similarities were noted, but those similarities do not constitute a positive ID. DNA testing is currently underway which hopefully will result in a positive ID or exclusion.

I should have verified that information with the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's office, and I sincerely apologize for jumping the gun with an announcement.

UPDATE I was contacted by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office and informed that a positive Identification HAS NOT YET been made. The announcement that I had made was based on what Linda's sister had told me, and her information was based on what was told to her by law enforcement in charge of Linda's case. Apparently, dental similarities were noted, but those similarities do not constitute a positive ID. DNA testing is currently underway which hopefully will result in a positive ID or exclusion.

I should have verified that information with the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's office, and I sincerely apologize for jumping the gun with an announcement.
We are all more than hopeful -- and also very appreciative of the work you do, Carl. I know we are aware that the "final word" will always come through an official notice.

This case has always been near to my heart. I'm so thankful her family has answers at last.

Can't edit for some reason, or I would -- Ice, you are truly a hero on this one! Dogged determination ain't got nothin' on you!

Exhumation and therefore DNA testing has been postponed until August or September. Nobody is happy about this.

Thanks for the update, Ice. This news really stinks, but we're still closer to a resolution than when we first started.

that sucks, but at least there is movement and a tentative date?

Exhumation and therefore DNA testing has been postponed until August or September. Nobody is happy about this.

Sent from my SM

Sent from my SM
No date, just a span of 2 months.

Apparently the city of Strongsville is handling this, and I guess they're still arguing about who's paying for testing.

No date, just a span of 2 months.
Apparently the city of Strongsville is handling this, and I guess they're still arguing about who's paying for testing.

That's a good question. Who normally pays for it? The state or municipality? Do you know?

I bet not. I wonder what the reason is for the delay.

According to a previous post, it has to do with a dispute about who will pay for testing.

Got it. Thanks for the heads up, I just read upthread. So I wonder who the dispute is between...Strongsville and Metroparks? Strongsville and County? Does this have anything to do with funding cuts for the DNA labs?

Can you imagine being this family and finally having some answers and then ending up in some bureaucratic limbo? Maybe if we can figure out exactly what the hold up is we can find some way around it.

Got it. Thanks for the heads up, I just read upthread. So I wonder who the dispute is between...Strongsville and Metroparks? Strongsville and County? Does this have anything to do with funding cuts for the DNA labs?

Can you imagine being this family and finally having some answers and then ending up in some bureaucratic limbo? Maybe if we can figure out exactly what the hold up is we can find some way around it.
Probably Strongsville being cheap (they have they money...). But almost certainly the ******ing the FBI has something to do with it.

I hear the stress and antipation is unbearable, especially after Akron took so long to get Linda entered.

Probably Strongsville being cheap (they have they money...). But almost certainly the ******ing the FBI has something to do with it.

I hear the stress and antipation is unbearable, especially after Akron took so long to get Linda entered.

De fund ing! The starred word is de-fund-ing. I can't edit that post? It's still starring the word.

I'm working on making a map of the potter's field. Maybe during the wait we can find her resting place and visit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back