Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could a mod please message me?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I live about 30 mins north of Columbia, TN but work in Maury County.It has been well publicized on the news and I hope this continues. This case is so disturbing, as it has already been said...he has lost so much already that he has nothing else to lose, which is a dangerous mindset. I pray for Mary Catherine to be safe and to be found today!

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cummins, a suspended Maury County teacher, was being investigated for an alleged inappropriate incident with a minor student. He was suspended from Culleoka Unit School in February.

Indications revealed that T[redact], who attends the Culleoka Unit School, may have left willingly with Cummins. However, the TBI does believe that she is at risk.

Sources have also revealed that he allegedly left with a large amount of cash and has not used any credit cards since leaving.

Both have turned off their cell phones, making them more difficult to track. Cummins’ wife reportedly told investigators that he left with two handguns; however, he is a permit holder.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-man-in-amber-alert

minor surname redacted by me

Amber alerts should be used in this case. She's a minor, he's armed, and even if she left willingly she could have changed her mind. So it's best to find them and arrest him.

Although, if they're in love (which I know the thought sickens people) I don't really blame them for running from the law that says they can't be together. Gay marriages weren't legal until recently and I can see the argument for why should my age or sexuality matter in who I choose to love. I try not to pass too much judgement when it concerns the matters of the heart. Love can make us do the most silly and inexplicable things.

Yes, he could have manipulated her, yes she could be young, foolish, and naive and doesn't know what's best for her. And yes she could be in danger which is why we need to bring her home safely:heartbeat:

I saw her IG too and it made me sad. JMO but he is the one who needs to wake up. He's the adult, she's a child. She's unhappy and desperate for love, he has groomed and manipulated her. He is a despicable human being. I hope this situation ends soon and she gets the help that she will so desperately need.

Welcome to WS, yoemcat! :wagon:

agreed he groomed her for this....yep despicable human being.

In Tennessee, it is statutory rape if the minor is 17 and the major is 10 years or more older than the minor. Crossing state lines with a minor brings in the feds and full sentences without parole options. The major in this case is a 50 year old apparently married man.

Looking at her IG a few things standout . . . 1. There aren't many likes on her pictures which could indicated to me she may not have many friends, combined with a lot of the quotes posted, it seems she has low self esteem and is yearning to be wanted. Could be easily groomed by a manipulative older man. And secondly, within the last three days her posts have included the tags 'can't wait' and 'mission completed.' All signs point to a manipulative man who has led an impressionable young girl to believe he's the solution to all her problems, and being so young she's unable to see that she has so much life to live and will eventually meet someone her own age down the line.

While she may have gone willingly, I believe she is in EXTREME danger. This man appears desperate, needy and who knows how he'll react when Mary Catherine realizes she made a terrible mistake. I could see him react in a way such as, 'There's no going back now; If I can't have you no one can.' I really hope they are found SOON

Investigators say they have received approximately 80 leads, but non has produced a credible sighting.

Thomas was last seen Monday morning approximately 8:00 a.m. at Shoney's in Columbia, Tenn. A friend dropped her off at that time. Her parents reported her missing later that day.

Investigators placed Thomas in Decatur, Ala. around 3:06 Monday afternoon, however neither she nor Cummins has any connection to that area. Since then, efforts to identify their exact location have proven unsuccessful.

Cummins secured a title loan for a personal vehicle several days before his disappearance netting $4,500 in cash.

http://whnt.com/2017/03/14/endangered-tennessee-teen-may-be-in-the-decatur-area/

Looking at her IG a few things standout . . . 1. There aren't many likes on her pictures which could indicated to me she may not have many friends, combined with a lot of the quotes posted, it seems she has low self esteem and is yearning to be wanted. Could be easily groomed by a manipulative older man. And secondly, within the last three days her posts have included the tags 'can't wait' and 'mission completed.' All signs point to a manipulative man who has led an impressionable young girl to believe he's the solution to all her problems, and being so young she's unable to see that she has so much life to live and will eventually meet someone her own age down the line.

While she may have gone willingly, I believe she is in EXTREME danger. This man appears desperate, needy and who knows how he'll react when Mary Catherine realizes she made a terrible mistake. I could see him react in a way such as, 'There's no going back now; If I can't have you no one can.' I really hope they are found SOON

Inevitably, the fantasy will come to an end.

If she ends the fantasy, she will be in a very dangerous position and will need to escape.

If he ends the fantasy, he will like take only his life.

I hope it ends in a peaceful arrest and she is returned home safely.

The above is my opinion only.

Although, if they're in love (which I know the thought sickens people) I don't really blame them for running from the law that says they can't be together. Gay marriages weren't legal until recently and I can see the argument for why should my age or sexuality matter in who I choose to love. I try not to pass too much judgement when it concerns the matters of the heart. Love can make us do the most silly and inexplicable things.

Sure, this case is all about the love -- NOT. She is a CHILD. These are not star-crossed lovers. He is a freaking manipulative pedophile, and to sit back and "not pass judgment"... SMDH People ar now going so far overboard to be "inclusive" and PC about every type of behavior, it truly makes me ill. I hope you don't get to a situation where something/someone you feel strongly about has been put in jeopardy, only to find people think it's OK / "I don't blame them" while you try to pick up the pieces of a damaged life.

You know, the media has made several attempts to normalize the behavior of pedophiles in the past couple of years -- pity them, they suffer so and only want love. Just average Joes like you and me. I am SO over this wonderful, accepting, hug-it-out mentality that minimizes risk to our citizens, then after the damage is done, asks "how could this happen?" with wide Bambi eyes.

I truly cannot believe what I'm reading here.

Even if she left willingly, we don't know what his intentions are and regardless of what they are they shouldn't be directed towards a minor. We also don't know what he will do as far as possibly holding her hostage if he's cornered by LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's 15 and likely riding high and fast on the attention train he opened the door to which would allow her to become too caught up in the now to give any thought on the later.

He's 50. A husband, father, grandfather and teacher. He's clearly very educated therefore would be fully aware of what is right, what is wrong and what the legal consequences for those actions would be, well before he made any of them.

He allowed some type of inappropriate behavior to occur. He obviously didn't put the brakes on whatever happened, had he we wouldn't be here now. He took out a title loan for cash, so he wouldn't be tracked using cards. (That's just the known cash, he could've had more.) He skipped town/state with a minor. Turned phones off (or tossed).

With that much cash, he could've bought a used car somewhere and ditched the one he was known to be in by now.

Since I love assumptions, given the nature of the investigation against him I'm going to assume there would be a no contact order in place and if so by picking her up and leaving with her, he would be defying the order.

Nope, he's gone beyond just a fool in love in my opinion. All I see is a man who knows he's done wrong and is desperate to avoid punishment. IMO MOO

Sure, this case is all about the love -- NOT. She is a CHILD. These are not star-crossed lovers. He is a freaking manipulative pedophile, and to sit back and "not pass judgment"... SMDH People ar now going so far overboard to be "inclusive" and PC about every type of behavior, it truly makes me ill. I hope you don't get to a situation where something/someone you feel strongly about has been put in jeopardy, only to find people think it's OK / "I don't blame them" while you try to pick up the pieces of a damaged life.

You know, the media has made several attempts to normalize the behavior of pedophiles in the past couple of years -- pity them, they suffer so and only want love. Just average Joes like you and me. I am SO over this wonderful, accepting, hug-it-out mentality that minimizes risk to our citizens, then after the damage is done, asks "how could this happen?" with wide Bambi eyes.

I truly cannot believe what I'm reading here.
I love every word of this post!!!
If LE believed they were just a misunderstood couple, we would not be reading about it here.

<snip>

Yes, he could have manipulated her, yes she could be young, foolish, and naive and doesn't know what's best for her. And yes she could be in danger which is why we need to bring her home safely:heartbeat:

Yes, it does sicken people...because it's SICK. She is a child. He is an adult. There is no gray area here. This is NOT the same thing as two gay adults getting married. Give me a break.

Just looked at his Instagram page. I would never guess that is the page of married grandpa. It seems so juvenile. It's kind of gross knowing what we know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname