Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the reporting in this area! I could be wrong however it did not look like the front end was smashed up. The windows shattered.. yes but did that contradicts the police report where they stated the window was partially rolled down when found. How can a shattered window be rolled down. Perhaps forensic testing on car showed full window safely in the door. Just odd

It seems that most of the damage to the vehicle occurred as it was being dragged out of the river. The divers assessed the condition of the car before it was moved.

I don't understand the reporting in this area! I could be wrong however it did not look like the front end was smashed up. The windows shattered.. yes but did that contradicts the police report where they stated the window was partially rolled down when found. How can a shattered window be rolled down. Perhaps forensic testing on car showed full window safely in the door. Just odd

A lot of the damage, and possibly all of it, happened when the car was dragged from the water upside down. That would most likely be when the windows were smashed. There would be two ways they could determine that the window was partially down.

1. Most likely: the divers saw it was rolled partially down before it got smashed during the extraction. This would explain why her body was still in the car.
2. Less likely: Well, now that I'm typing this, it seems very unlikely, actually, but you could tell if the window was rolled partially down before it was smashed by measuring where the "window holder" is in the door.

Exactly why I said the stop sign is inappropriate for where it is being used. A stop sign is for an intersection to instruct a driver to stop before proceeding into an intersection and to be aware of crossing or oncoming traffic. I'm surprised the parks department hasn't gotten scolded or at least instructed that their use of a stop sign is woefully inadequate for this setting and additionally completely gives a driver the wrong instructions.

There should be a very large yellow CAUTION sign on each side of the ramp that tells approaching drivers that they are about to enter a boat ramp and a steep grade. That's what we have on boat ramps where I live. Maybe Toni's family will see that something is done so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. She was there after hours, so maybe the park didn't count on people being there in those circumstances, but at the very least they should have warning signs at that boat ramp and possibly a gate across the entrance to the park on off hours.

Body identification confirmed:

KC police officially identify body found in vehicle pulled from Missouri River as Toni Anderson

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City police confirmed Wednesday that the body found inside a vehicle pulled from the Missouri River at Platte Landing Park Friday night was Toni Anderson.

Ugh. "The investigation is ongoing...it's unclear how her car got in the river." Not what I was hoping to hear.

I hope they release toxicology and summary of anything relevant they are able to retrieve from her phone (if anything).

imo, The signage should not only be at the boat ramp but also well before that, along the street at least 50 ft before you get to the curve at the ramp.

In fact, I can't think of any water recreation area I've ever visited that didn't have good signage to not only direct people to the boat ramp, but to warn people of the danger.

This was one thing I posted about Sat night / Sun morning. ( http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-15-Jan-2017-5&p=13223083#post13223083 )

This is labeled as "Main Street"! It isn't as though it is just a park road.

Who would think that Main Street would lead right into the bottom of the damn river!?

imo - There is negligence on the part of those responsible for signage in that park. Toni's parents need to be made aware of that negligence.

end-of-road1.jpg

boat-ramp-road-ends-sign-announcing-obvious-62467215.jpg

road-ends-in-water.jpg

People have said they can't understand how Toni might make a wrong turn bc they suspect she was following a GPS. But I have traveled extensively in my line of work and my GPS has often been confused about which road I am on when there are several roads which parallel each other. Especially if there wasn't a strong signal or trees etc blocking it, she could've followed the GPS right into the water.

Does anyone know if they could retrieve the last known coordinates from her GPS (someone said she had a directions based GPS on her dash, in addition to the speed tracking device).

Ugh. "The investigation is ongoing...it's unclear how her car got in the river." Not what I was hoping to hear.

I hope they release toxicology and summary of anything relevant they are able to retrieve from her phone (if anything).

I've been wondering if they'll bother to retrieve data from her phone. It is very doable, but not easy. With foul play not really suspected, one has to question whether or not they'll expend the resources. It's much easier to just call this an accident and move on, at this point.

People have said they can't understand how Toni might make a wrong turn bc they suspect she was following a GPS. But I have traveled extensively in my line of work and my GPS has often been confused about which road I am on when there are several roads which parallel each other. Especially if there wasn't a strong signal or trees etc blocking it, she could've followed the GPS right into the water.

Does anyone know if they could retrieve the last known coordinates from her GPS (someone said she had a directions based GPS on her dash, in addition to the speed tracking device).

I've had a GPS direct me to a road that was yet to be constructed - they had just started clearing trees for the road. My parents had their GPS take them to sheer drop off where a bridge no longer existed.

I have been closely following this case from day 1, and there has been no mention of a dash based GPS. Someone probably got confused about the insurance device, which has often been referred to as her "GPS device," even though we don't yet know for sure whether it contained GPS or not.

maybe she didn't want to be seen leaving so she drove off a bit with her headlights off and that added to her misjudging her route out. surely her lights were off while she was parked and perhaps she planned to turn them back on once she reached the road.

I have been closely following this case from day 1, and there has been no mention of a dash based GPS. Someone probably got confused about the insurance device, which has often been referred to as her "GPS device," even though we don't yet know for sure whether it contained GPS or not.

Me too and I agree that it hasn't been mentioned by articles or police. The person earlier in the thread claimed she had a separate GPS from the tracking device on her dash. They could be locally connected and know that...or perhaps just are getting information wrong...which would be par for the course with all the misinformation out there.

I stated before that information like this would go to Law Enforcement and the parents( because she was missing). My friend owned a cricket phone store and told me this is what would happen with the information that they had. It seemed to me, that information that might be provided to the parents, came out before LE statements including the last known time of her phone being "active" on a network. I am not saying that there is a homicide at play in this case. I believe that someone else was there, and may have more information, but is reluctant to come forward because they provided her with an illegal substance. Not necessarily "there" when it happened but prior to. And then there is the infamous "insurance tracker" so far, what I have found, is that it is plugged in closer to the right leg.
bdb84d171c65de4264f5cba8572d159c.jpg
. I am sure there are many different types of these, but this is the majority of what I have found. This may be one of those cases that is a complete cluster$&@" of media, the parents statements, and speculation, But IMO, this Agency totally dropped the ball on Toni's case all around. Unless, they have the ace in their pocket.

The GPS tracking unit was a simple plug-in unit into the OBDII port. The port looks like an older computer serial port and is in every modern fuel injected vehicle. The port is usually found under the dash level, approximately the same height as the hood release and usually is on the left side of the steering wheel.

In the Ford Focus this would be located on the left side of the steeering wheel approximately knee height.

The plug GPS units are a bit bulky and easy to jar loose with a knee or foot, especially in smaller cars.

Thank you for the night pictures. Even with the light, that ramp is still very deceiving with the steep drop off and total darkness of the river. I'm a bit shocked that in addition to the "stop" sign (which doesn't really effectively warn a driver) that there isn't a gate or, at the very least, a sign that warns of this being a boat ramp with a steep drop off into the river.

The more I look at the picture of the stop sign, the stop sign just confuses the situation. To me, if I were approaching that area at night and was unfamiliar with the area, the stop sign indicates there's other traffic (as a stop sign is designed to do). If there's other traffic and the only other direction the other traffic could be coming from is the other side of an assumed intersection, I (as someone who is unfamiliar with the area) would stop and then proceed ahead. But with a ramp that steep would make it extremely difficult to correct your mistake - especially if the ramp is iced over and the car won't stop.

I agree. Very poor markings. I hope city will correct! I consider myself a safe and attentive driver and I could have easily made this mistake. The stop sign really isn't appropriate for where it's placed. It should be maybe a watch for pedestrians type sign and a huge reflective sign saying boat ramp and or do a no through traffic. The white crosswalk piano keys make me think it looks like a road too.

maybe she didn't want to be seen leaving so she drove off a bit with her headlights off and that added to her misjudging her route out. surely her lights were off while she was parked and perhaps she planned to turn them back on once she reached the road.

If the engine is running the daytime running lights--low beams--are on. The headlight switch in modern American and Canadian legal cars only controls the interior dash cluster lights, side marker lights and running lights. Few cars allow bypassing the daytime running lights-some GM products--but not any Ford models I am aware of and certainly not a base model Ford Focus. Her headlights were on if the engine was running period.

If the engine is running the daytime running lights--low beams--are on. The headlight switch in modern American and Canadian legal cars only controls the interior dash cluster lights, side marker lights and running lights. Few cars allow bypassing the daytime running lights-some GM products--but not any Ford models I am aware of and certainly not a base model Ford Focus. Her headlights were on if the engine was running period.

I don't have a Focus but I have two newer vehicles (a 14 and a 17) and both of them I can turn the lights all the way off if I want with the switch. The running or "auto" feature is only on if I switch it to that. So it isn't a given that every vehicle has running lights that you can't turn off..as far as the Focus goes I'm sure we can find out easy enough..

It seems that most of the damage to the vehicle occurred as it was being dragged out of the river. The divers assessed the condition of the car before it was moved.

My speciality is vehicle recovery, including for LE. The tow truck company used extremely poor and sloppy technique extracting the vehicle from the water. If the vehicle is right side up in the water then it comes out of the water right side up. If it's upside down then the scene commander decides if it comes out exactly as it is....upside down....or if it is to be turned over in the water using the buoyancy water provides. In virtually every case, unless it is 100 percent known why the vehicle is in the water and it's not a crime (think accident w no loss of life) the vehicle is removed exactly as it is underwater. It is not DRAGGED and little to any additional damage is done in removal.

This is essential to preserve potential evidence and not scatter or loose any belongings in the car. Any company doing recovery for LE in any circumstance other than a simple accident with no injuries should absolutely have trained and certified recovery personnel. My company would never drag a car in this circumstance.

Anyone needing to touch a vehicle will also be wearing gloves so as not to contaminate a scene.

A vehicle being transported for LE, unless again a simple accident w no loss of life or crime, should never--ever-ever be wheel lifted and towed wheels down. At the very least in rural areas with a lack of equipment speed dollies should be used to lift the car so it is not rolling on its own wheels. Preferabley a flatbed should be used for transport.

I cant believe her car was wheel lifted using a "Repo" truck aka an auto loader. What if her brakes were sabotaged? What if tires had been swapped? What if what if what if.

The wrecker company is the defense attorneys best friend if this case becomes a criminal prosecution.

I don't have a Focus but I have two newer vehicles (a 14 and a 17) and both of them I can turn the lights all the way off if I want with the switch. The running or "auto" feature is only on if I switch it to that. So it isn't a given that every vehicle has running lights that you can't turn off..as far as the Focus goes I'm sure we can find out easy enough..

Are you vehicles GM products? They mostly include bypass switches as I stated in my post. Some other makes too. Ford North America does not and to the best of my knowledge never has.

same as my daughter's ford edge.
i've never owned a car that didn't allow me to turn the headlights off while the engine was running.

Are you vehicles GM products? They mostly include bypass switches as I stated in my post. Some other makes too. Ford North America does not and to the best of my knowledge never has.

Jeep Wrangler and Hyundai

I respect everyone saying they think this is an accident. It very well could be. But several times since they have found her car, I've noticed people getting mouthy about those of us who still "somehow" think this fishy.

So she was supposed to meet friends at The Shady Lady Saloon? Why did she drive in the opposite direction?

217791e5e91324d48c4ff2a8732b7ca1.jpg

She knew where Shady Lady was. So this leads me to believe she had other plans. Why would she lie to the cop about where she was going? Who knows...either way, she got off the interstate and drove out of her way to this park.

Not only did she drive to the park for some unknown reason, but she drive straight into a river. I know accidents happen. They happen daily...I live near Foss Lake in Oklahoma and a few years ago they found 2 cars submerged in the lake. They drove down the boat ramp. The difference is that that boat ramp was at the corner of a sharp curve where they just drove straight onto it at night.

So supposedly, people think she accidentally ended up at the park. So she drives into the park (which is clearly alongside a huge river). It's desolate. She passes a few parking lots she could turn around in. She passes other little spots she could turn around in. Instead, knowing the river is right to her left, a giant parking lot to her right, and a large concrete area ahead of her, she decides to turn left down a boat ramp with a "STOP" sign in front of it. I've circled areas she could have easily turned around in.

354a9e273206c5cf64c2e2c68e366276.jpg

The ONLY accident scenario I can think of is that she was impaired in some way. The cop did not notice this, so it either happened QUICKLY after, or it didn't happen at all.

Other people have other reasons for thinking it could be foul play. But these are mine. All the signs to me point to her meeting someone at or very near that park, whether it was an accident or not...and nobody knew who or why. She did not end up way over there for no reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

According to Pete Sanchez, Sr who I spoke with personally last night via messenger, it is known to her bf PS and her family and friends she went to the park to purchase weed. All of the info we have and her actions leading up to that seem to make sense if she was indeed buying pot. The attempted ATM withdrawals. The driving past where she lived to this particular QT--on the way to the park. LE stating she was meeting a coworker after work. According to PS, Sr. the coworker was the manager of Chrome and affiliated with ownership. His name is David Jolly or Jay Wigs. He uses both names. LE States she was meeting a coworker.

As to why she told the cops she was going to Shady Lady when pulled over no one would say....hey officer I'm on my way to a park to buy pot. Shady Lady is WELL KNOWN to host after hours employee parties and it's well know dancers for other clubs in the industry frequently meet up at SL after hours. That makes sense to tell the cop especially since the cop would have her address info and know if she were going home she was already past that point as a destination when pulled over.

Another twist according to PS two cops were involved in pulling her over--a primary and back-up--before she visited the OT. PS says he is certain both officers knew her from Chrome and had in fact patronized Chrome.

The smoking gun for me is was her phone simple turned on and connected with the tower or was it being actively used with an app to receive data. If she had never been to this park or was lost seems like someone like Toni--young and totally connected on social media--would be using the phone as a GPS for directions. If she didn't look up dirdtions at any point to the park or while at the park one has to assume she knew where she was going, had been there before and was familiar enough with area to drive it from memory.

I see see the phone as key to being able to make an informed hypothesis if she knew the area and had been there before.

I would like like to know from her friends, family or BF if she routinely used her phone for GPS map guidance when unsure of an area or if she was the kind of driver that would just drive around until she figured it out. To me, that makes total sense if she knew the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23