Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speciality is vehicle recovery, including for LE. The tow truck company used extremely poor and sloppy technique extracting the vehicle from the water. If the vehicle is right side up in the water then it comes out of the water right side up. If it's upside down then the scene commander decides if it comes out exactly as it is....upside down....or if it is to be turned over in the water using the buoyancy water provides. In virtually every case, unless it is 100 percent known why the vehicle is in the water and it's not a crime (think accident w no loss of life) the vehicle is removed exactly as it is underwater. It is not DRAGGED and little to any additional damage is done in removal.

This is essential to preserve potential evidence and not scatter or loose any belongings in the car. Any company doing recovery for LE in any circumstance other than a simple accident with no injuries should absolutely have trained and certified recovery personnel. My company would never drag a car in this circumstance.

Anyone needing to touch a vehicle will also be wearing gloves so as not to contaminate a scene.

A vehicle being transported for LE, unless again a simple accident w no loss of life or crime, should never--ever-ever be wheel lifted and towed wheels down. At the very least in rural areas with a lack of equipment speed dollies should be used to lift the car so it is not rolling on its own wheels. Preferabley a flatbed should be used for transport.

I cant believe her car was wheel lifted using a "Repo" truck aka an auto loader. What if her brakes were sabotaged? What if tires had been swapped? What if what if what if.

The wrecker company is the defense attorneys best friend if this case becomes a criminal prosecution.

Thank you! Great information and makes one scratch their head as to WTF they were thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the fence about whether it was an accident or something more sinister, but I don't feel like there's enough information either way right now. But sometimes weird accidents do happen: http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/18/slick-...nd-up-fully-submerged-in-pond-at-kci-airport/ - this person drove straight into a pond and blamed icy conditions. My dad responded to an accident scene once where a person drove into a creek...none of the first responders could figure out how the heck he managed to do it, but it turned out he had a seizure while driving.

Accidents absolutely happen and unexplainable ones at that.
This however has sketchiness written all over it and that's why people are still questioning it.

My speciality is vehicle recovery, including for LE. The tow truck company used extremely poor and sloppy technique extracting the vehicle from the water. If the vehicle is right side up in the water then it comes out of the water right side up. If it's upside down then the scene commander decides if it comes out exactly as it is....upside down....or if it is to be turned over in the water using the buoyancy water provides. In virtually every case, unless it is 100 percent known why the vehicle is in the water and it's not a crime (think accident w no loss of life) the vehicle is removed exactly as it is underwater. It is not DRAGGED and little to any additional damage is done in removal.

This is essential to preserve potential evidence and not scatter or loose any belongings in the car. Any company doing recovery for LE in any circumstance other than a simple accident with no injuries should absolutely have trained and certified recovery personnel. My company would never drag a car in this circumstance.

Anyone needing to touch a vehicle will also be wearing gloves so as not to contaminate a scene.

A vehicle being transported for LE, unless again a simple accident w no loss of life or crime, should never--ever-ever be wheel lifted and towed wheels down. At the very least in rural areas with a lack of equipment speed dollies should be used to lift the car so it is not rolling on its own wheels. Preferabley a flatbed should be used for transport.

I cant believe her car was wheel lifted using a "Repo" truck aka an auto loader. What if her brakes were sabotaged? What if tires had been swapped? What if what if what if.

The wrecker company is the defense attorneys best friend if this case becomes a criminal prosecution.

I was shocked they wheeled it out of there on its own wheels and without a cover. I've seen it before, though. I guess standards vary.

I agree on the upside down thing, too, except that they may have had some good reason to drag it out like that. The absolute last thing you want to do is lose her body, so that, plus the fact that it was apparently deeply buried in the silt, may have played a role in their decision.

The were towing her car on the front wheels and the focus is front wheel drive. That means 1 of 4 things.

1--vehicle was in neutral when recovered. If it was in any other gear doesn't matter auto or manual trans it would not roll. (Her car is auto per what I have read)

2--vehicle was put into neutral using the shifter and keys after recovery so it would roll. Alternately the shifter interlock on Fords can be bypassed by getting inside the vehicle and popping the cover around the selector off. Seems unlikely especially if body in car.

3--hood was popped and transmission shift cable was popped loose at transaxle and car put into neutral under the hood.

4--transmission was damaged and no longer connected mechanically to front wheels allowing them to spin freely.

I dont one like any of these scenarios as each would contaminate the vehicle before a meticulius forensic inspection of the vehicle--now if her vehicle just happened to be in neutral when it came out of the water......then......

.....,but her parents and PS insist the gear selector was in Reverse. So this confuses me.

Are you vehicles GM products? They mostly include bypass switches as I stated in my post. Some other makes too. Ford North America does not and to the best of my knowledge never has.
My Ford Explorer is older - 2011 - but I can turn off the lights.

According to Pete Sanchez, Sr who I spoke with personally last night via messenger, it is known to her bf PS and her family and friends she went to the park to purchase weed. All of the info we have and her actions leading up to that seem to make sense if she was indeed buying pot. The attempted ATM withdrawals. The driving past where she lived to this particular QT--on the way to the park. LE stating she was meeting a coworker after work. According to PS, Sr. the coworker was the manager of Chrome and affiliated with ownership. His name is David Jolly or Jay Wigs. He uses both names. LE States she was meeting a coworker.

As to why she told the cops she was going to Shady Lady when pulled over no one would say....hey officer I'm on my way to a park to buy pot. Shady Lady is WELL KNOWN to host after hours employee parties and it's well know dancers for other clubs in the industry frequently meet up at SL after hours. That makes sense to tell the cop especially since the cop would have her address info and know if she were going home she was already past that point as a destination when pulled over.

Another twist according to PS two cops were involved in pulling her over--a primary and back-up--before she visited the OT. PS says he is certain both officers knew her from Chrome and had in fact patronized Chrome.

The smoking gun for me is was her phone simple turned on and connected with the tower or was it being actively used with an app to receive data. If she had never been to this park or was lost seems like someone like Toni--young and totally connected on social media--would be using the phone as a GPS for directions. If she didn't look up dirdtions at any point to the park or while at the park one has to assume she knew where she was going, had been there before and was familiar enough with area to drive it from memory.

I see see the phone as key to being able to make an informed hypothesis if she knew the area and had been there before.

I would like like to know from her friends, family or BF if she routinely used her phone for GPS map guidance when unsure of an area or if she was the kind of driver that would just drive around until she figured it out. To me, that makes total sense if she knew the area.

The two cops thing has been discussed here so is already known to the regulars. They are both visible in the surveillance video that was provided by J.D.Byrider.

This is a great recap of what Pete's point of view is, but there are a couple of issues.

It is simply not true that it is known to friends and family that she went to that park to purchase weed. First of all, according to her family, she was simply lost. Secondly, the weed purchase appears to be the assumption of the Petes, as they have provided absolutely no evidence. LE, who had access to her iCloud and various other accounts and data, say they have no idea why she was up there.

There were no attempted ATM withdrawals. According to LE, she attempted to pay at the pump with her debit card. The card was declined and she went in to pay. This happened at pretty much exactly the time her parents say her ATM card was declined. The whole ATM thing only came up because the parents called it an "ATM card" in early reports. It was a debit card, and she used it at the pump.

It might make sense for her to tell LE she was headed to the Shady Lady, but it sure didn't make sense for her to drive in the opposite direction after leaving the gas station, with LE right behind her.

And this is the first I've heard that DJ and the manager of Chrome are the same person. Why wouldn't they just meet at Chrome, then, where they both already were, instead of some parking lot somewhere?

My Ford Explorer is older - 2011 - but I can turn off the lights.

Perhaps confusion is over daytime running lights verses headlights. Most vehicles in North America have DRLs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

All Canadian and a European cars by law must. Although not legally required in the USA almost all vehicles have them. Some models and makes allow them to be bypassed. I'm guesstimating the majority of cars the DRL lights cannot be bypassed but many can be bypassed.

When driing doen down the road during the day take a look and almost every vehicle has its day time running lights--usually low beams at a level below normal low beams but some fancier cars like Audis use LEDs-- illuminated.

According to Pete Sanchez, Sr who I spoke with personally last night via messenger, it is known to her bf PS and her family and friends she went to the park to purchase weed. All of the info we have and her actions leading up to that seem to make sense if she was indeed buying pot. The attempted ATM withdrawals. The driving past where she lived to this particular QT--on the way to the park. LE stating she was meeting a coworker after work. According to PS, Sr. the coworker was the manager of Chrome and affiliated with ownership. His name is David Jolly or Jay Wigs. He uses both names. LE States she was meeting a coworker.

As to why she told the cops she was going to Shady Lady when pulled over no one would say....hey officer I'm on my way to a park to buy pot. Shady Lady is WELL KNOWN to host after hours employee parties and it's well know dancers for other clubs in the industry frequently meet up at SL after hours. That makes sense to tell the cop especially since the cop would have her address info and know if she were going home she was already past that point as a destination when pulled over.

Another twist according to PS two cops were involved in pulling her over--a primary and back-up--before she visited the OT. PS says he is certain both officers knew her from Chrome and had in fact patronized Chrome.

The smoking gun for me is was her phone simple turned on and connected with the tower or was it being actively used with an app to receive data. If she had never been to this park or was lost seems like someone like Toni--young and totally connected on social media--would be using the phone as a GPS for directions. If she didn't look up dirdtions at any point to the park or while at the park one has to assume she knew where she was going, had been there before and was familiar enough with area to drive it from memory.

I see see the phone as key to being able to make an informed hypothesis if she knew the area and had been there before.

I would like like to know from her friends, family or BF if she routinely used her phone for GPS map guidance when unsure of an area or if she was the kind of driver that would just drive around until she figured it out. To me, that makes total sense if she knew the area.

Okay, this is a whole lot of new info if verifiable. Thanks. My GPS on my phone frequently misidentifies the road I am on if there are roads running parallel to it. If there is any local nearby, maybe they could try putting the park into their phone in a few different map apps and testing to see what route it takes them on...during the daytime and using extreme caution of course.:)

The two cops thing has been discussed here so is already known to the regulars. They are both visible in the surveillance video that was provided by J.D.Byrider.

This is a great recap of what Pete's point of view is, but there are a couple of issues.

It is simply not true that it is known to friends and family that she went to that park to purchase weed. First of all, according to her family, she was simply lost. Secondly, the weed purchase appears to be the assumption of the Petes, as they have provided absolutely no evidence. LE, who had access to her iCloud and various other accounts and data, say they have no idea why she was up there.

There were no attempted ATM withdrawals. According to LE, she attempted to pay at the pump with her debit card. The card was declined and she went in to pay. This happened at pretty much exactly the time her parents say her ATM card was declined. The whole ATM thing only came up because the parents called it an "ATM card" in early reports. It was a debit card, and she used it at the pump.

It might make sense for her to tell LE she was headed to the Shady Lady, but it sure didn't make sense for her to drive in the opposite direction after leaving the gas station, with LE right behind her.

And this is the first I've heard that DJ and the manager of Chrome are the same person. Why wouldn't they just meet in Chrome, then, where they both already were, instead of some parking lot somewhere?

>>Last night according to PS this is his view her friends, bf and family know she was seeking to buy pot and the deal went bad. I'm not saying it's true. I'm say that's what PS said last night and has posted himself on FB. The family has been guarded by saying she was a waitress etc etc but from PS point of view its known she was buying pot. PS believes the family is being manipulated by LE and has ulterior motives for accepting a quick closure. Not trying to argue but just framing what I said<<

>>I stand corrected on ATM. Thank you.<<

>>I asked PS this very question. From what I have read the in-duty manager walked her out of Chrome when hers fit ended at closing. The manager on-duty was not David Jolly a.k.a Jay Wigs. It was not clearly stated but my understanding from PS is David Jolly is a manager at Chrome and is affiliated by family with the ownership of the club. The double names confuse me as does the entire relationship he has to Chrome. Again this is per PS and his point of view of what he genuinely believes to be true facts. All of it is posted on FB by him as well.<<

>>Last night according to PS this is his view her friends, bf and family know she was seeking to buy pot and the deal went bad. I'm not saying it's true. I'm say that's what PS said last night and has posted himself on FB. The family has been guarded by saying she was a waitress etc etc but from PS point of view its known she was buying pot. PS believes the family is being manipulated by LE and has ulterior motives for accepting a quick course. Not trying to argue but just framing what I said<<

>>I asked PS this very question. From what I have read the in-duty manager walked her out of Chrome when hers fit ended at closing. The manager on-duty was not David Jolly a.k.a Jay Wigs. It was not clearly stated but my understanding from PS is David Jolly is a manager at Chrome and is affiliated by family with the ownership of the club. The double names confuse me as does the entire relationship he has to Chrome. Again this is per PS and his point of view of what he genuinely believes to be true facts. All of it is posted on FB by him as well.<<

Even if he was the manager on duty, I suppose he could have had to go somewhere else to retrieve more weed before meeting her. Does anyone think the weed could have come from the same manager who said she was *adamant* about going to the QT? Bc that would explain how he knew where she was going perhaps.

Okay, this is a whole lot of new info if verifiable. Thanks. My GPS on my phone frequently misidentifies the road I am on if there are roads running parallel to it. If there is any local nearby, maybe they could try putting the park into their phone in a few different map apps and testing to see what route it takes them on...during the daytime and using extreme caution of course.:)

Again I am relating what was told firsthand by PS, Sr. in an online chat last night. These are what he believes to be facts and from his view point and that of his son TAs live-in BF.

I personally find PS, Sr credible.

The entire transcript is saved and posted to the TA FB page. PS will be taking live questions and giving answers again this evening per the moderator of the FB group.

>>Last night according to PS this is his view her friends, bf and family know she was seeking to buy pot and the deal went bad. I'm not saying it's true. I'm say that's what PS said last night and has posted himself on FB. The family has been guarded by saying she was a waitress etc etc but from PS point of view its known she was buying pot. PS believes the family is being manipulated by LE and has ulterior motives for accepting a quick closure. Not trying to argue but just framing what I said<<

Thanks for the clarification. The whole DJ thing is very muddy, unfortunately.

The Petes are convinced Toni met foul play. They are trying to convince others in order to get 'justice.' So they have an agenda. What they are saying has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the clarification. The whole DJ thing is very muddy, unfortunately.

The Petes are convinced Toni met foul play. They are trying to convince others in order to get 'justice.' So they have an agenda. What they are saying has to be taken with a grain of salt.

It's definitely an odd situation. On one hand, the Pete's may look to some like they are enjoying the limelight. Though if I believed a young person in my life had been killed, and law enforcement was not executing a thorough investigation, I am not sure what route I would take to try to raise awareness and call for justice. Probably not the same route they have chosen, but it could be good hearted even if it's based on their opinions.

The police have said they are still investigating and don't know how the car got in the water. Although they identified Toni, they haven't said whether tests were able to determine substance use etc. Also haven't said if they were able to retrieve info from phone. I hope they release these, as well as dash cam footage, so the more sinister questions can be laid to rest even if the public never has all the answers.

My thoughts regarding this scenario is it seems to me it would be very easy to score weed at a club. Why drive to a dark park alone so late?

I agree on the upside down thing, too, except that they may have had some good reason to drag it out like that. The absolute last thing you want to do is lose her body, so that, plus the fact that it was apparently deeply buried in the silt, may have played a role in their decision.

PS Sr. hypothesized in his Facebook Q&A last night that the car was brought up sideways on purpose to keep Toni's body out of view. I would hope this would mean that they had collected lots of evidence already when it was still in its original position, although I have no idea what kind of evidence they could have gathered at that depth in a moving river. Did they bring down lights, cameras, bags, etc.? Does anyone on here have any experience with underwater evidence gathering?

PS Sr. hypothesized in his Facebook Q&A last night that the car was brought up sideways on purpose to keep Toni's body out of view. I would hope this would mean that they had collected lots of evidence already when it was still in its original position, although I have no idea what kind of evidence they could have gathered at that depth in a moving river. Did they bring down lights, cameras, bags, etc.? Does anyone on here have any experience with underwater evidence gathering?

Not sure if Pete has the expertise needed to analyze the retrieval...any more than we do, I mean. Unless he talked to investigators directly about the recovery. Did he mention if he had?

My thoughts regarding this scenario is it seems to me it would be very easy to score weed at a club. Why drive to a dark park alone so late?

I know sometimes friends have a place they meet to smoke and unwind. I suppose it could be that sort of thing. I'll be curious if the toxicology report turns up any harder drugs in her system.

After watching the video of the park, I can completely see how she could have ended up down the boat ramp if there was freezing rain that night. Freezing rain is just rain falling that freezes on contact. It makes the pavement look wet when it's actually a glaze of ice. This is why freezing rain can be so dangerous. You don't know you're driving on ice until you start sliding. Perhaps she was driving around the park looking for the person she was there to meet. She gets to that point where you have to circle around to go back the other way. Perhaps she is trying to take that circle a little too fast. She realizes she is sliding and in a panic she slams on the brakes. This makes matters worse. She slides toward the boat ramp and once on that steep boat ramp, there's no turning back. This would all happen in a matter of seconds. The person she went there to meet shows up but the car is already underwater by that point. I think some people don't realize just how slippery even a slight glaze of ice on pavement is. Maybe the roads weren't bad because the traffic kept them wet instead of icy but that park wouldn't have any traffic at that time of night.

I don't have a Focus but I have two newer vehicles (a 14 and a 17) and both of them I can turn the lights all the way off if I want with the switch. The running or "auto" feature is only on if I switch it to that. So it isn't a given that every vehicle has running lights that you can't turn off..as far as the Focus goes I'm sure we can find out easy enough..

I dont know what year it is but my boyfriends brother drives a focus I can ask him

The GPS tracking unit was a simple plug-in unit into the OBDII port. The port looks like an older computer serial port and is in every modern fuel injected vehicle. The port is usually found under the dash level, approximately the same height as the hood release and usually is on the left side of the steering wheel.

In the Ford Focus this would be located on the left side of the steeering wheel approximately knee height.

The plug GPS units are a bit bulky and easy to jar loose with a knee or foot, especially in smaller cars.

I apologize if someone's already posted something like this. Focus models 2011-2014 are essentially the same as here I believe.

[video=youtube;8DyUnMY-JRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DyUnMY-JRU[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member