NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got done watching a video on MM and it led me down the road of speculation...

Could it be possible that when she crashed and was approached by Butch the bus driver that she believed AAA was actually on its way? Now I know there was no reception, but could have another motorist stopped by and offered to call AAA, especially if MM was insistent not to call LE? Could this explain the witness who stated she saw another person by MMs car smoking a cigarette?

So here is my theory based purely on that speculation...

MM crashed, she was possibly drunk and disoriented. An unknown person (perhaps local to the area) either approached her in car or on foot. Maybe the person had intentions to drive her themselves, possibly to harm MM. But since we know MM had AAA that her boyfriends family paid for her to be covered under, could MM have refused help from the person but asked if AAA be called instead, as to not have alerted LE.
Maybe the unknown person saw that as an opportunity to leave and come back in another car, possibly with an accomplice. I did see that there were brothers in the area with a red truck who were questioned and never followed up on, that could of been considered POIs if the lead was followed. Could one of the brothers stopped and cased out her situation initially, then act like he was going to call AAA on her behalf, only to get his brother and their truck to return to pose as help to get her in the car and drive her off to the unknown? That could explain why MM brought the alcohol, belongings, and left her car locked. Maybe she was under the notion that a AAA truck was coming with a tow for her vehicle to Follow? And she was so eager to get out of the scene of the accident since Bus driver Butch approached her wanting to call LE? Perhaps she was promised help along with a ride to whatever destination she was making her way to? Could she have assumed AAA actually was called so when the brothers - or another unknown person -showed back up to the scene impaired and eager MM got into the car without noticing any red flags that suggest that person or persons were not who they said they were...

Just my tangent.. thanks for listening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got done watching a video on MM and it led me down the road of speculation...

Could it be possible that when she crashed and was approached by Butch the bus driver that she believed AAA was actually on its way? Now I know there was no reception, but could have another motorist stopped by and offered to call AAA, especially if MM was insistent not to call LE? Could this explain the witness who stated she saw another person by MMs car smoking a cigarette?

So here is my theory based purely on that speculation...

MM crashed, she was possibly drunk and disoriented. An unknown person (perhaps local to the area) either approached her in car or on foot. Maybe the person had intentions to drive her themselves, possibly to harm MM. But since we know MM had AAA that her boyfriends family paid for her to be covered under, could MM have refused help from the person but asked if AAA be called instead, as to not have alerted LE.
Maybe the unknown person saw that as an opportunity to leave and come back in another car, possibly with an accomplice. I did see that there were brothers in the area with a red truck who were questioned and never followed up on, that could of been considered POIs if the lead was followed. Could one of the brothers stopped and cased out her situation initially, then act like he was going to call AAA on her behalf, only to get his brother and their truck to return to pose as help to get her in the car and drive her off to the unknown? That could explain why MM brought the alcohol, belongings, and left her car locked. Maybe she was under the notion that a AAA truck was coming with a tow for her vehicle to Follow? And she was so eager to get out of the scene of the accident since Bus driver Butch approached her wanting to call LE? Perhaps she was promised help along with a ride to whatever destination she was making her way to? Could she have assumed AAA actually was called so when the brothers - or another unknown person -showed back up to the scene impaired and eager MM got into the car without noticing any red flags that suggest that person or persons were not who they said they were...

Just my tangent.. thanks for listening!

There was no cigarette. The neighbour who thought she saw a cigarette glowing said that she realized it was a glowing red LED light from a celphone. There was no cellphone reception there so no way could Maura have reached AAA though she likely tried repeatedly.

There is a very good episode (33) on Missing Maura Murray with a blogger named Erin Larkin.Erin was a student and on the track team with MM. Erin gives an excellent theory on the red liquid. For me to try and repeat it in my words would do it an injustice, however, she speaks about a problem with MM's car and it leaking an alcoholic base red liquid onto the floor
panel that she may have been collecting into a bottle. It is worth taking a listen to. Erin appears most versed on the subject matter partly
because she comes from a family of
mechanics.

I would like to add that Episode 33 on Missing MM is titled "Guerilla Ontology"

I am guessing you mean brake fluid? Once upon a time I had a beater car that required copious quantities of brake fluid because the boot at the master cylinder leaked. It can be red.

Everything you ever wanted to know (or not) about brake fluid:

http://www.crankshift.com/brake-fluid/

I thought I had prefaced enough on how I really do not quite remember what exactly it was, Perhaps, I should have said an alcohol smell to the liquid. In any case, the podcast is worth a listen. Watergirl, thanks for your input, again I'm not sure what the liquid was for. I probably should have listened to it again before I mentioned it on here.

I haven't listened to 33. I made it up to about Episode 25-ish and I haven't read any of her threads here. My post was a pop-in post (and my dad, brother and one ex-husband are/were mechanics). [emoji275]

I thought I had prefaced enough on how I really do not quite remember what exactly it was, Perhaps, I should have said an alcohol smell to the liquid. In any case, the podcast is worth a listen. Watergirl, thanks for your input, again I'm not sure what the liquid was for. I probably should have listened to it again before I mentioned it on here.

What you wrote was fine. I was just kidding. Sorry if I came across snarky or snide.

Oh no, not at all Actually I thought it funny But thank you for the apology. Very thoughtful

Does anyone know if MM was an exercise, purging or laxative bulimic or a combination? It's probably insignificant and all equally as sad but I kinda have an angle I'm tossing around in my mind and the info would help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if MM was an exercise, purging or laxative bulimic or a combination? It's probably insignificant and all equally as sad but I kinda have an angle I'm tossing around in my mind and the info would help. Thanks.

I don't know for sure- this is purely based on speculation- but I would say exercise / purging bulimic. She was a runner, so I can reasonably speculate that played into her ED. Also, one of her petty crimes was credit card fraud where it was established that she bought food with the stolen card information. It was reported she bought more food for one person- like she was buying food for multiple people or possibly to take to a party. But as someone who has struggled with an ED it seems obvious that the food she was buying was for herself to purge it. But again, this is purely based on speculation and my opinion.

I have followed this case for so long. So many things make no sense. So many things bother me. I am confident she is no longer alive. What happened? Will we ever know? Sad.

I would love an opportunity to examine her car throughly. I have never been able to find any detailed information from experts on her car.

I understand initially it was seen a a minor accident, DUI and driver left scene so the car was towed off to a private company yard and stored outside. Once it became clear she was missing the car was never that I can find throughly examined.

What was wrong with the engine? Fred says it dropped a cylinder. Hard to imagine if it truly dropped a cylinder it could travel at highway speeds and up and down the hills in the area. That model Saturn with its little 4 cylinder didn't have any extra power to spare when new, let alone aged with miles w poor maintenance and then dropping a cylinder. I just don't believe it dropped a cylinder and drove the distance it did.

Oil smoke. We know the car was smoking excessively. This means using oil. How much extra oil did MM have in her car? Did she stop and buy oil? Maybe she stopped at a little garage to get oil? What was the rate of oil consumption? If memory serves the Saturn 4 cylinder only held 4 quarts total and if Im wrong I know it didn't hold more than 5 quarts. So burning off more than 2 quarts would be 50 percent and certainly seize the engine if not replaced. Did MM know how to pop the hood and add oil? If she didn't who did this for her, when, where and how many times? If we knew the rate of burn / consumption we could figure out some interesting metrics where she might have stopped.

Rag in tailpipe. Red herring or significant? I don't buy FM thinking it would stop smoke and after shoving it in the tailpipe if it was tight enough to stop smoke from coming out the car wouldn't run, especially with a weak engine. So was there an exhaust leak? Did MM have CO2 poisoning. If it wasn't shoved in tightly a quick look out the mirror it would be obvious it has no effect. Why leave it in the tail pipe? It's odd and just draws attention. If it was in loosely how would it stay in there so many miles? Did anyone else on the road notice it? Was it ever publicized for truckers to come fwd??

A girlfriend of hers claimed the car was leaking coolant on the floorboard passenger side. Again rate of loss? What MM refilling it? It was freezing cold, if it was the passenger side most likely heater core. Was heated working in the car? If not that might mean she was already reasonably well bundled at the time of the accident.

How much gas was left in the car? This could give insight to her thinking about a destination. Where would be the next fuel stop as opposed to the last stop she passed.

Perhaps the cause of the accident was the engine stalling or seizing from oil starvation. That would cause a loss of power steering and could cause her to wreck on the curve.

If the engine didn't seize isn't it odd she didn't try to restart the car? Yes maybe it was stuck but I would think your first instinct would be to restart the car. Even with airbags deployed I have seen people still drive cars. Why didn't BA hear her trying to crank the car? If the car is dead--engine siezed maybe even Making a bang or thud--won't turn over then MM may never have intended to return to the vehicle. Was the rag a signal?

I'm rambling and I apologize. I really think the status of the car is important information.

Butch A has always bothered me. Apparently there is no evidence against him for any wrong doing but the entire scenario and his changing stories give me an uneasy feeling.

BA had nothing to do with it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

He was the last person to see her alive. He did give different variations of his story.

I did say he apparently had no involvement and had been investigated.

I just have more questions than answers like everyone else. BA passed away years ago in FL. (I believe)

The time line is so tight with BA and LE arriving quickly.

Since we don't know what happened BA cannot be excluded--no one can be excluded really.

He was the last person to see her alive. He did give different variations of his story.

I did say he apparently had no involvement and had been investigated.

I just have more questions than answers like everyone else. BA passed away years ago in FL. (I believe)

The time line is so tight with BA and LE arriving quickly.

Didn't his wife or BA himself call the police? If I recall he was given two pygraphs. Reports say he flunked first time and passed second time. He had heart problems which is suggested can interfere with. I've watched enough crime shows to know that polygraph aren't full proof and that's why they are not admissible in court. Many have failed and they had nothing to do with a crime.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Calling the police doesn't exonerate anyone. Often a person calls police as an alibi. Not saying BA needed an alibi but the logic he called police means nothing to me.

Polygraphs are a joke IMO and the courts also. Totally inadmissible so the fact he failed and passed means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member