OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Clint helped Brian to go away I would understand him. If he did so, then he is one heck of a friend!

What's interesting that... If I had a really close friend that needed my assistance to disappear, I would definitely help them out and not tell anyone about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you do want to take the "Brian ran away" route, there are a few facts of the case that would support this as well:

1. Brian suffered recent tragedy
2. Brian posted on Facebook that his mother inspired him to go into medicine. Maybe he felt once she was gone there was no more point in pursuing it
3. Brian has has said that Medical school was just a stint before living on an island playing music
4.Brian has said to Alexis that they should run away together, and had also told her that she should move on from him and maybe find someone else. Both of these were shortly before his disappearance.
5. Brian made an effort to see his two remaining family members that night. He had dinner with his father and invited his brother out to see him.
6. He happens to disappear the one weekend where the person who would miss him most and notice his absence was gone.
7. No blood or scent found at the bar to suggest foul play

Again, without physical evidence nothing can be proved or disproved but if he did leave on his own I certainly wouldn't call it completely random and out of the blue.

ETA: Brian was supposedly a regular at the Ugly Tuna, so I'm sure he had to have known at least some of the staff on a personal level. Perhaps one of them invited Brian to this party and helped him out the service exit if he asked out how he can leave without going through the front? The episode of "Psychic Kids" that had his case said that there could be a woman who knows more than she's telling". Not that I believe that psychic stuff, but I would believe that a good looking guy like Brian could schmooze a female staff member into helping him get out. Maybe she knew about the party he might have gone too and felt partially responsible for his death and kept quiet? Or heck, maybe if he was committing acts of infidelity maybe it was with her and her BF found out and she kept quiet to protect said bf.

I think along those same lines. There was a poster on another site who has also been to the Ugly Tuna several times and they were adamant that the staff exit would only be known about by staff and people who work there as it is not visible to the average person coming into the bar. It's behind the bar more hidden away. So to know about it or access it he would have had to have someone who worked there show it to him or lead him to where it is.

I wonder what would a 'construction elevator' look like anyway for construction going on in that type of smaller buildings? Would it be one of those special type of elevators they have when working on huge skyscrapers? Or would they more likely just convert an existing service elevator into a temporary construction one? I have noticed when they are doing work on smaller 2 floor buildings like gyms or restaurants or something they usually just use the service or disabled elevators temporarily to move materials around, but it all depends on the size of the construction area i suppose, and how long it was going on for.

If Brian is alive, I would prefer to just let him go and let him be. I hope he is doing well if he is alive, but I don't think it's good to find out if he is alive or not based on curiosity alone. If I found out tomorrow that Brian is alive, I should respect his privacy and focus my effort on other people who have gone missing that may be in danger.

It is not for me to decide whether he should reconnect with his family. I certainly hope that he would have the support system to be an uplifting presence in his life. However, itis his family and therefore it should be his decision to reconnect with them. If Brian is alive.... It's been over a decade, it's safe to say he wanted away from his family and people that knew him. If he disappeared on his own accord, he may have wanted a different life and I don't find it bad necessarily. Some may argue that it's a horrible thing to do to your loved ones, but I can't say that Brian did a bad thing based on the limited information available to me. I don't know what he was going through at the time so I can't hold the accountability of ascribing him what I hold as bad or negative. We live in a fallible world where people have real problems and difficulties and it's easy to jump to conclusions sitting on the other end of the screen.

I hear you. I would have no interest in searching for Brian if I knew he left of his own free will. That would be between him and his family.

I do have interest in searching for justice for Brian if he came to harm or was somehow forced into a life he didn't choose. Until there is clarity on why he disappeared, the justice work isn't done.

But if Brian was reading, for example, as long as he does not feel his life is in jeopardy, I would encourage him to think through how he might ease people's minds and save public resources by notifying officials he is alive. Just a few weeks ago, 2 women were found living under new names after having been gone longer than Brian. Police notified their families they were alive, and removed them from missing persons lists so they didn't consume any more time of law enforcement agencies or volunteers. But the police did not reveal their location as they are adults and do technically have the freedom to privacy from their family.

Of course we can never know the full story behind what would make a person leave, but we can ask them to appreciate the public effort that has been raised to help them. It is touching to me so many--both known persons and strangers--have rallied to care about Brian's well-being. And to try to find justice for him and hope the best for him. Unless Brian is in the witness protection program or something similar, I hear he is a nice guy...and I wonder if he might not some day provide some closure he couldn't offer back then.

But all that said, when people leave without money or credit cards, without any note or statement, in the middle of the night after drinking in the city, it's necessary to seek justice for them until there is a reason to know they don't need it.

If Brian ever reads this, bless you. Life is hard. Circumstances sometimes push us to make unusual choices. You'll get no judgment from me, but I do hope you are well and have the courage to reconnect with your brother if you at all long for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. I would have no interest in searching for Brian if I knew he left of his own free will. That would be between him and his family.

I do have interest in searching for justice for Brian if he came to harm or was somehow forced into a life he didn't choose. Until there is clarity on why he disappeared, the justice work isn't done.

But if Brian was reading, for example, as long as he does not feel his life is in jeopardy, I would encourage him to think through how he might ease people's minds and save public resources by notifying officials he is alive. Just a few weeks ago, 2 women were found living under new names after having been gone longer than Brian. Police notified their families they were alive, and removed them from missing persons lists so they didn't consume any more time of law enforcement agencies or volunteers. But the police did not reveal their location as they are adults and do technically have the freedom to privacy from their family.

Of course we can never know the full story behind what would make a person leave, but we can ask them to appreciate the public effort that has been raised to help them. It is touching to me so many--both known persons and strangers--have rallied to care about Brian's well-being. And to try to find justice for him and hope the best for him. Unless Brian is in the witness protection program or something similar, I hear he is a nice guy...and I wonder if he might not some day provide some closure he couldn't offer back then.

But all that said, when people leave without money or credit cards, without any note or statement, in the middle of the night after drinking in the city, it's necessary to seek justice for them until there is a reason to know they don't need it.

If Brian ever reads this, bless you. Life is hard. Circumstances sometimes push us to make unusual choices. You'll get no judgment from me, but I do hope you are well and have the courage to reconnect with your brother if you at all long for that.

The circumstances of his disappearance are definitely intriguing, I guess that's why people want answers. If he, let's say, went to his class one day and then never returned home... that wouldn't be so unusual. In this instance, he is seen by many at the bar, caught on camera... and then bam! ... He is nowhere to be found. Yes, the initial reaction is, "wow, what on Earth happened to this guy!". The natural tendency is to assume that foul play was involved... it was 2 am during spring break, young folks hanging out at a bar. If Brian chose to exit this way... it is interesting as to why.

It is true that there has been much effort directed both by the public and the law enforcement. If I disappeared, for example, i would let at least LE know that I am alive and they have got to stop looking for me. It would be fair, and many resources aimed at me would be used to find someone that really needed it.

If Brian is alive, I can only hope that he has found what he was looking for. He really does sound like a good man, whatever the reasons were behind him making decisions that he made, I can understand and emphasize that at some point life had become pressing and too difficult. Some circumstances in our lives can make a perfect storm to drive us over the edge and allow us to do the unthinkable.

Sadly, there isn't any reason for us to believe that he is alive somewhere. I don't think there have ever been any legitimate reports or sightings. I do feel the responsibility of finding out what happened to him due to the circumstances of his disappearance. Until there is anything to lead us to believe he is alive, he remains the mysteriously disappeared person in danger.

Does anybody know how long Clint and Brian had been friends before he disappeared in 2006?

If you do want to take the "Brian ran away" route, there are a few facts of the case that would support this as well:

1. Brian suffered recent tragedy
2. Brian posted on Facebook that his mother inspired him to go into medicine. Maybe he felt once she was gone there was no more point in pursuing it
3. Brian has has said that Medical school was just a stint before living on an island playing music
4.Brian has said to Alexis that they should run away together, and had also told her that she should move on from him and maybe find someone else. Both of these were shortly before his disappearance.
5. Brian made an effort to see his two remaining family members that night. He had dinner with his father and invited his brother out to see him.
6. He happens to disappear the one weekend where the person who would miss him most and notice his absence was gone.
7. No blood or scent found at the bar to suggest foul play

Again, without physical evidence nothing can be proved or disproved but if he did leave on his own I certainly wouldn't call it completely random and out of the blue.

Very good points, and a lot of coincidences, unless they're more than that. I have no problem believing Brian could have left on his own to pursue a life different than what was expected of him by his family. His grief due to the loss of his mother could have been the catalyst for that. I noticed in the article posted above that Derek is quoted as saying Brian was going to do " great things" in medicine. Sounds like some high expectations for a guy who's been known to say his dream is to start his own band and live on an island.

It's possible that Clint either knows, or strongly suspects, thus his "negativity" at being treated as a possible POI.

I also have no doubt that Brian was smart and savvy enough to elude the cameras without being seen, or at least identified, with or without help. I wouldn't doubt that it's possible he could even have stashed a disguise, perhaps bulky clothing, a hat, glasses, etc. , somewhere in the construction area or elsewhere out of view of the cameras.
If he did disappear on his own I don't think it was a spur of the moment impulse, it was planned out quite thoroughly, IMO.

Very good points, and a lot of coincidences, unless they're more than that. I have no problem believing Brian could have left on his own to pursue a life different than what was expected of him by his family. His grief due to the loss of his mother could have been the catalyst for that. I noticed in the article posted above that Derek is quoted as saying Brian was going to do " great things" in medicine. Sounds like some high expectations for a guy who's been known to say his dream is to start his own band and live on an island.

It's possible that Clint either knows, or strongly suspects. I also have no doubt that Brian was smart and savvy enough to elude the cameras without being seen, or at least identified, with or without help.
If he did disappear on his own I don't think it was a spur of the moment impulse, it was planned out quite thoroughly, IMO.

The funny thing is if you scroll back, I definitely played devil's advocate and seriously considered whether he could be alive too. There's multiple good reasons to think he might be. Just based on many other cases where men have gone missing from nights at bars, it often ends up being a fatal accident or foul play. Post-drinking disappearance stories, in my experience, tend to go that direction.

It's been 10 years without any discoveries though, so anything is possible on this one.

The funny thing is if you scroll back, I definitely played devil's advocate and seriously considered whether he could be alive too. There's multiple good reasons to think he might be. Just based on many other cases where men have gone missing from nights at bars, it often ends up being a fatal accident or foul play. Post-drinking disappearance stories, in my experience, tend to go that direction.

It's been 10 years without any discoveries though, so anything is possible on this one.

I just edited my post in your quote, may want to go back and change it? .... sorry :blushing:

Questions for Study:

1.) Some accounts say that Brian was seen by the bar security camera just outside the door talking to two girls, than went inside and was never seen again?

2.) Some say that the security camera picked up Brian talking to the girls inside the bar and than the camera lost track of him?

Which is correct?

3.) Were the girls identified? Did they take a polygraph test? Is it know what Brian and they talked about?

4.) How much time passed between the time that Brian was with his friends at the bar, and what was the first notice to them that he was gone? If it was a long time, do you find that time interval to be odd? What I mean is, your in bar. Your together as a group. Wouldn't you stay together as friends? Look out for each other? Make sure everyone is within site and is OK?

My current theories:

1.) Brian drank a lot, and I don't believe that he would have been able to navigate that construction area. If he did, it is possible that he could have been hurt or killed somehow at that location. I would like to find out more about that construction site. Who was allowed access there? Patrons I assume would not be allowed there because of accident liability.

2.) Brian also could have just wandered away and gotten hit by a car. Perhaps the driver panicked and hid his body?

3.) Brian suffered from amnesia from the affects of alcohol and/or being injured that night. He may be alive and not know who he is.

4.) Brian, depressed from his mother's death due to cancer, the concerns about the engagement, has second thoughts, but can't tell his girlfriend. The pressure of Medical School and studing got to be too much for him. He walks away, and gets far enough away to commit suicide.

5.) Brian is depressed for all the reasons in #4. But leaves to start a new life.

6.) Brian was killed in the bar.

7.) Brian was killed while hitchhiking out of town. Got a "Bad Ride." In that case, sadly, where his remains are may never be known.

This list is NOT an order of most to least likely occurrences for me. Just possibilities that I am examining.

Satch

Questions for Study:

1.) Some accounts say that Brian was seen by the bar security camera just outside the door talking to two girls, than went inside and was never seen again?

2.) Some say that the security camera picked up Brian talking to the girls inside the bar and than the camera lost track of him?

Which is correct?

3.) Were the girls identified? Did they take a polygraph test? Is it know what Brian and they talked about?

4.) How much time passed between the time that Brian was with his friends at the bar, and what was the first notice to them that he was gone? If it was a long time, do you find that time interval to be odd? What I mean is, your in bar. Your together as a group. Wouldn't you stay together as friends? Look out for each other? Make sure everyone is within site and is OK?

My current theories:

1.) Brian drank a lot, and I don't believe that he would have been able to navigate that construction area. If he did, it is possible that he could have been hurt or killed somehow at that location. I would like to find out more about that construction site. Who was allowed access there? Patrons I assume would not be allowed there because of accident liability.

2.) Brian also could have just wandered away and gotten hit by a car. Perhaps the driver panicked and hid his body?

3.) Brian suffered from amnesia from the affects of alcohol and/or being injured that night. He may be alive and not know who he is.

4.) Brian, depressed from his mother's death due to cancer, the concerns about the engagement, has second thoughts, but can't tell his girlfriend. The pressure of Medical School and studing got to be too much for him. He walks away, and gets far enough away to commit suicide.

5.) Brian is depressed for all the reasons in #4. But leaves to start a new life.

6.) Brian was killed in the bar.

7.) Brian was killed while hitchhiking out of town. Got a "Bad Ride." In that case, sadly, where his remains are may never be known.

This list is NOT an order of most to least likely occurrences for me. Just possibilities that I am examining.

Satch

I will start with the first one. The Ugly Tuna was adjoined to a movie theater so they had a common lobby/elevator/escalator/entry area they shared. When Brian talked to the girls, he was outside the bar itself, but still in the building...in the shared area at the top of the escalator directly outside the bar. He then was said to leave that shared area and go back into the bar though we have no footage of his re-entry.

If you scroll back through the threads, Matt and I linked to the footage somewhere if you want to watch for yourself.

I will start with the first one. The Ugly Tuna was adjoined to a movie theater so they had a common lobby/elevator/escalator/entry area they shared. When Brian talked to the girls, he was outside the bar itself, but still in the building...in the shared area at the top of the escalator directly outside the bar. He then was said to leave that shared area and go back into the bar though we have no footage of his re-entry.

If you scroll back through the threads, Matt and I linked to the footage somewhere if you want to watch for yourself.

In answer to 3, they did identify and question the girls. They were said to not have any relevant information.

I do not believe the girls were polygraphed, but if so, the police never mentioned it publicly on record.

4. From the time Brian left talking to the girls to the time the bar closed...was only a few minutes. I *believe* he talked to them around 1:55...and the bar technically closed at 2:00 though people may have lingered about finishing drinks and paying their tabs etc. So Clint and Meredith would've been looking for him within minutes of when he was captured on the footage. Meredith did submit to a polygraph, Clint didn't.

Okay, I reviewed Brian's first thread on Websleuths. I was surprised that no one had made a timeline at the time, as that seems to be standard on this forum these days when someone goes missing. It's trickier trying to make a timeline 10 years later, but I've scraped up what I found so far and welcome all of you to copy and paste this "draft" of a timeline to your posts to add more events or details.

Please note, some of the original articles from 8-10 years ago are no longer on the web, so secondary sources that referenced those or, in some cases, web archives had to be used.

Bio: Brian was born February 25, 1979. He graduated in 1997 from Pickerington High, went to Ohio State for his undergrad in microbiology, and then to OSU's med school. His mother, Renee--who he admired deeply, by all accounts--passed away from cancer in March of 2006.

March 28, 2016: Alexis reported Brian jokingly suggested they should skip class the next day and runaway together. She also, however, acknowledged that he had also once suggested recently that Alexis should move on from him due to his grief.

April 1 : Brian goes out to dinner with his dad, Randy. His dad says Brian was tired and it seemed like poor timing for Brian to engage a night out with friends. But Brian wanted to celebrate the beginning of Spring Break with the guys. Brian invited his brother, Derek--whom by all accounts, he had gotten closer to during the last days of their mother's life--to come along with him. However, his brother had plans to see a comedy show with his girlfriend.

6:21 p.m.: Brian left a message on Alexis' MySpace page saying he was looking forward to their trip to Miami.

9:30 p.m.: Brian and some male friends headed to Ugly Toona Saloona, a bar located near the OSU campus.

9:56: Brian and Alexis talked on the phone, he told her he was out with "the guys" and this was his chance to talk about her. He also told her he loved her. The person he seemed to be hanging out with throughout the night was his former roommate, Clint.

After the call to Alexis, Brian and his friends walked to the Arena District in Columbus and visited two bars called North Shore Tavern and Brother's. They were said to meet up with other friends at Brother's. They met up with another known girl, Meredith, there and she gave them a ride back to Ugly Tuna.

1:15 a.m.:Security footage shows Brian, Clint, and Meredith riding the escalator up the Ugly Tuna building.

1:55 a.m.: Brian was seen on security footage talking to two women, outside the bar but still in the building. He does not appear excessively drunk in any of the footage. I.e. He is not faltering, wobbling etc. He then walks off camera, seemingly toward the entrance of the Ugly Tuna.

2:00 a.m.: Clint and Meredith said Brian walked away from them at some point, to talk to other people--which was not unusual for him, but they could not locate him at 2:00 a.m. when the bar closed. Some said he went to talk to the band. Since he was a big Pearl Jam fan, and had a Pearl Jam album cover inspired tattoo, this seems plausible. They called Brian, but could not locate him and eventually assumed he left for home on his own. By 2:00 a.m. Brian's phone was said to be going straight to voicemail.

Randy, Alexis, and police all pored over surveillance footage. The police said they were able to determine that every person that came in also left, EXCEPT for Brian.

The following theories have been offered for why Brian's exit didn't appear on camera:

1. He may have gone into a movie theater that used the same building and sometimes showed midnight movies. It has not been confirmed there was a movie showing that night that I am aware of.If this was the case, he would've still used the same escalator/exit that was monitored by cameras.

2. Apparently the movie theater had an emergency exit which triggered a camera when used.

3. Ugly Tuna had a staff exit in the back that, at the time, went out to a construction area. The detective on the case didn't think using this exit was likely. The door was chained. It would've been hard to squeeze through and hard to maneuver. Cadaver dogs were later brought to this area and they did not find any scent of Brian. No articles at the time suggested there were areas where Brian could've fallen undetected or which were later sealed by cement, although this has been speculated.

4. Brian was said to have gone and talked to the band. Some have speculated he left with the band or a worker out the back entrance.

5. It has also been said that at least one of the security cameras was the type that panned the room and could be adjusted by security guards watching. It is, then, possible that the panning camera simply missed Brian's exit.

6. The police did find footage on Saturday morning of a tall white man leaving Ugly Tuna, followed by two black men. When they froze the frame and blew up the photo, however, Brian's friends and family did not think the image was of Brian.

7. He purposefully changed his appearance and escaped detection. However, police have said they examined the video for this and couldn't find any other person who exited who could've been Brian.

8. The girls Brian was last seen talking to on camera and a man seen repeatedly riding on the escalator (apparently trying to re-connect with his own ride) were both questioned and cleared.

Note: Brian lived on King Ave. less than a mile from the bar. But Brian's car was at his apartment and all his belongings were undisturbed. He didn't use his phone or credit cards after disappearing and his phone, wallet, and keys were never found.

At one point, it was rumored that a homeless person reported seeing Brian 4 days later. I couldn't confirm this source as the original article was no longer there.

The friends Brian hung out with that night took lie detectors, except for Clint who refused and hired a lawyer. Meredith also hired a lawyer, but later said she had taken and passed a lie detector test. This was difficult to verify. By all accounts, Clint refused to take the lie detector test. It was also said on the WS forum that he asked for immunity if he did so and was denied.

April 3/4: Police with cadaver dogs, as well as Brian's dad and Alexis, searched the area. It was searched multiple times since then.

May 11, 2006: Someone kicked in Brian's apartment door and stole some electronics. The police had Alexis help determine what was missing. A TV and DVD player were reported missing. It is of course possible that other things were missing, but went unnoticed.

September, 2006: Alexis said she paid Brian's cell phone and called it every night. His brother and father also reported calling it regularly. It always went to voicemail. One night in September, 2006, however, it rang out of nowhere, but no one answered. Alexis notified Brian's father and the police. When called again, it rang for several hours. Cingular, the company, said it could be the phone was charged or it was glitching and the actual device never rang. The phone was said to have pinged in Hilliard, which according to one posted, is a small city/community west of Columbus about 15-20 minutes away from Campus where he disappeared from.

March 28, 2007: A vigil was held. Brian's father had 1,000 green balloons released to represent hope for his son.

June 23, 2007: A sick commenter left an offensive message on findbrianshaffer.com's message board, which seemed blatantly like cruelty, suggesting Brian was attacked and harmed/burned. It was so outrageous and purposefully offensive, it was deemed a hoax.

August, 2007: Texase Eqqsearch searched the area and did not find anything. They had intended to come back in December, but canceled due to the illness of a member of their team.

September 15, 2008:
Brian's father, Randy, was tragically killed by a falling tree branch during a severe storm. He had gone out to retrieve supplies from the shed. He was discovered by neighbors the next day.

October 2, 2008: Someone claiming to be Brian, and claiming to be in the Virgin Islands, left a message on the obituary/funeral page for Brian's father. It was a short message that said he loved him. It was later determined the message was sent from a public computer in Franklin County, Ohio, but the exact sender was never determined.

April 2009: The Lantern, OSU's student newspaper, quoted Clint's lawyer Rosenberg.

"...'It is Brian, and not Clint who is causing his family pain and hardship," Rosenberg wrote. "Brian should come forward and end this.' Florence, he said, did not have anything to hide, he had merely told everything he knew from the beginning and did not see the value of doing so again...."

2011: Extended family members were still leaving Brian family updates on his MySpace page, but mentioned they didn't know if he was alive to see them, but were leaving them just in case. They asked him to contact family members if he was still alive.

2014: Crime Stoppers said they were receiving around 2 tips a month about Brian's case still.

Again, please feel free to copy and paste and add more details to this in your posts here on WS.

Most Probable Scenario?:Also, some of the commenters here have discussed this and suggested the most likely scenario is he somehow left the bar, but met with an accident or attacker...possibly in part due to being under the influence and alone at night in a neighborhood where crimes were commonplace.

Scenario Mentioned By Those Closest To The Case: Brian's father, brother, Alexis, Clint (via his lawyer), and the main detective all--at least at one point--though it plausible that Brian could have fled out of grief/breakdown. People have speculated because of things he wrote on his MySpace or said that he always idealized living on an island and being in a band. He said on his MySpace profile description: "Um...I really love music and this whole doctor thing is really just a job (only temporary) until I get my band together and put out a record. I want to own an island someday, or at least a beach so I can listen to Buffett all day and drink margaritas with my senorita."

Other Possible Rumors/Scenarios Thrown Out on WS in the last 10 years Brian left with the band, an employee, went to reunite with an ex in Texas, left to start a new life, was leading a double life, things went bad with Clint, Clint and/or Meredith had come onto/liked Brian in past. It was also examined whether he could be a victim of theorized serial killers, called the Smiley Face Killers, but the FBI and police both discredited this due to lack of graffiti, lack of a body, and the fact that the existence of such a killer hasn't been proven.There were other similar aged male victims who died around bars or around the river in the surrounding years however.

Note: An email password "AlexisLoveMarry" was found on an index card in Brian's apartment. By all accounts, he loved and intended to marry Alexis.

Questions I still have:
1. Did security cameras run all night? After hours? 24 hours a day? And was it verified that the video's timestamp was accurate?
2. What other friends interacted with Brian that night?
3. Were Clint and Meredith's cars, phone records, and credit card records searched?
4. What band played that night? Was there gear or vehicle searched? What about the vehicles of workers at the bar?
5. What about Brian's credit cards? Did he use cash (his dad said he usually carried it) at the bars earlier that night?

I am reposting this timeline again for Satch's benefit. :) Hope it helps!

In answer to 3, they did identify and question the girls. They were said to not have any relevant information.

I do not believe the girls were polygraphed, but if so, the police never mentioned it publicly on record.

4. From the time Brian left talking to the girls to the time the bar closed...was only a few minutes. I *believe* he talked to them around 1:55...and the bar technically closed at 2:00 though people may have lingered about finishing drinks and paying their tabs etc. So Clint and Meredith would've been looking for him within minutes of when he was captured on the footage. Meredith did submit to a polygraph, Clint didn't.

The bars didn't close at 2 AM. They quit serving at 2 AM,also known as "last call".The bar closes at 2:30 AM, giving patrons a chance to finish the last beverages. So it's 35 minutes, not 5 minutes to consider here.

However, if he was outside the bar at 1:55, he might not be able to get back in after 2 AM.

It's so mysterious this case surely Clint's reluctance to help or take a poly shouts guilty knowledge, for there to be movement in this case I believe Clint is the only person who can help solve this case.
But depending on the amount of his culpability depends on wether he'll speak up one day or not.
IMOO.

The bars didn't close at 2 AM. They quit serving at 2 AM,also known as "last call".The bar closes at 2:30 AM, giving patrons a chance to finish the last beverages. So it's 35 minutes, not 5 minutes to consider here.

However, if he was outside the bar at 1:55, he might not be able to get back in after 2 AM.

Closing time at the time and still now was published at 2 a.m., but absolutely yes, as I mentioned, there are usually people lingering to finish drinks and pay tabs etc. According to Clint and Meredith, the bar was emptying out a few minutes after 2 however. I believe they left around 2:10 or 2:15 and said the bar was clearing by then and it was obvious Brian was no longer around. Clint called him at 2:00, which police confirmed, and Clint claimed it went straight to voicemail.

Interesting comment by a FR under this video. Click on newest first, it's about the fourth comment down and was posted 4 months ago. I have no idea if there's anything to it, but I have to admit I have often thought of something like this as a possible theory. Except without the part about one of them having him "done in"..... but rather a reason for him to willingly disappear. Then again, who knows? jmo

[video=youtube;Fz50sB89uG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50sB89uG8[/video]

Interesting comment by a FR under this video. Click on newest first, it's about the fourth comment down and was posted 4 months ago. I have no idea if there's anything to it, but I have to admit I have often thought of something like this as a possible theory. Except without the part about one of them having him "done in"..... but rather a reason for him to willingly disappear. Then again, who knows? jmo

[video=youtube;Fz50sB89uG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50sB89uG8[/video]

Yeah i read something similar a while back when i first started reading about Brian's case. I think the person was alluding to Clint being the 'other guy' in that theory. i.e: he was having some kind of gay involvement with Clint and couldn't face the guilt of letting down his girlfriend so he was throwing out comments such as "Maybe you should move on and find someone else" to kind of get her to break away.

If that was the reason for him willingly disappearing though, would he really need to stay away this long? His girlfriend of the time is now married to someone else anyway. Both his parents have passed away. He doesn't have to play the perfectly happy married doctor, etc. If it was that i just don't see the reason why he would need to disappear completely and forever. What would he still need to hide from or be ashamed of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77