IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all of the local people know the COD...It is a very small town.

Yes, heard recently that a waitress in a restaurant i frequented in Va was killed, shot. I looked and looked on line for what had happened. I finally saw someone from that area & was told that she was shot by husband then he shot himself, and they were suppose to be in love. Jmo small towns talk. Jmo

Like my siggy says. You don't know what you don't know.

So what is the consensus that the POI (BG) will do this again?
I know its only guessing on our part but I have been keeping an eye on any abduction attempts in Indiana, and surrounding areas, just to see if ANYTHING jumps out at me. (Not that I think he had any intention of abducting the girls)
I know it's clutching at straws but with the coverage I can just imagine what this thinks of himself.

All MOO.

IMO, he will not do this again because I think the girls were targeted.

I am actually feeling that the lack of updates and continued mystery of "who is he" is a GOOD thing. I believe LE knows who he is and might even already have him in custody. That they are simply releasing just enough information to the public to keep us thinking they're still working on it. I think back to other cases where this happened and, while at the time it felt frustrating that we weren't getting anywhere, in hindsight it makes sense. They had a feeling about Chase Merritt with the McStay case from the very beginning and HE was the one doing all the interviews and acting as one of the grieving close friends. All those theories we came up with...and it was the guy we'd been looking at every day. I am feeling better about this case. The simple answer is usually the right answer and I'd stopped, regrouped, and gone back to the beginning. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees with so much stuff being tossed out.

At this time, there doesn't appear that there was communication between them, the sheriff saying he has never seen suspect before having 30 years on the force, and am assuming that the people that live there don't know who he is.

Idk just seems like he was passing through, a drifter/vagrant. I haven't seen anything else about the duffle bag/backpack that was brought early on, unless i dreamt that. This is just mind boggling to have his image & voice and no one seems to know him or no one wants to give him up. Jmo

BBM
Can you provide a link for that please. I don't recall him saying that but rather he'd never seen a case like this in 30 years.

Edit to add a link myself:

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC News that he feels the morning prayer is key to keeping the investigation going. "I am a man of faith and it's important to have that guidance from God. … I think that's part of what drives us and keeps us focused,” he said. "This particular case, in my 30 years of experience, is not like anything I've seen before in my career. It's devastating."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shaken-dou...orries-killer-evade-justice/story?id=46019975

That's the scariest kind of suspect, because they're the hardest kind to catch since they have no friends or family to notice any different behavior and turn them in to LE.

I agree. It makes me think of Tommy Lynn Sells. Thank God he's dead!

RIP Kaylene Harris and all of his other victims.

BBM
Can you provide a link for that please. I don't recall him saying that but rather he'd never seen a case like this in 30 years.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC News that he feels the morning prayer is key to keeping the investigation going. "I am a man of faith and it's important to have that guidance from God. … I think that's part of what drives us and keeps us focused,” he said. "This particular case, in my 30 years of experience, is not like anything I've seen before in my career. It's devastating."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shaken-dou...orries-killer-evade-justice/story?id=46019975
Wow - what a difference a single word makes. He was talking about the case, not the POI.

I missed a few pages there. Are we allowed to mention the location of the houses where the girls were living? (Sounds awful to put that in past tense.) Not because of the families themselves, but because of how close the houses are to the crime scene (or scenes). Don't want to rock the boat. Thanks.

Google searches today are netting even less than usual for me as far as new information goes. I hope that's because anything new is now too important to a future court case to divulge publicly. :please:

rocket, why do you think they were targeted?

I don't want to disclose what I think to be the motive, but I think they were targeted.

IMO:

As has been stated numerous times by posters familiar with the area, the bridge is very hard to find if you aren't local or already familiar with the bridge and trail. This tells me that he wasn't just a random person lying in wait for someone to show up.

The short time span between the video still and the time they were going to be picked up tells me he knew how much time he had to commit the murder. He knew when they were going to arrive and when they were going to be picked up.

He also somehow knew that the families would not immediately consider foul play to be involved and that they would not begin a formal search for them immediately. He was familiar with their habits and their families' habits.

I have a few other ideas in mind but don't wish to convey them at this time.

Yes, heard recently that a waitress in a restaurant i frequented in Va was killed, shot. I looked and looked on line for what had happened. I finally saw someone from that area & was told that she was shot by husband then he shot himself, and they were suppose to be in love. Jmo small towns talk. Jmo

Like my siggy says. You don't know what you don't know.

Where's this town in VA, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No i can't, iirc it was posted here, from an interview he did. I guess it can be discarded as fact. But in my opinion as a sheriff of that town he did not recognize the individual(suspect) on the bridge, as it seems that none of the other officers recognize him either in my opinion. Jmo

BBM

BBM

I think the reference is to Michael Stroup’s interview of Sheriff Leazenby.

Michael Stroup made a comment about not recognising the suspect as a local. Seemed to me that M Stroup was trying to get the Sheriff to provide some feedback on that point.

The Sheriff was careful with his responses and didn’t give much away. The Sheriff did not say that he has not seen the suspect before. (And also did not say that he has.)

Video and transcript are on this WS page at comment #90:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?329965-IN-Abigail-Williams-amp-Liberty-German-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-*media-maps-amp-timelines/page6

I don't want to disclose what I think to be the motive, but I think they were targeted.

IMO:

As has been stated numerous times by posters familiar with the area, the bridge is very hard to find if you aren't local or already familiar with the bridge and trail. This tells me that he wasn't just a random person lying in wait for someone to show up.

The short time span between the video still and the time they were going to be picked up tells me he knew how much time he had to commit the murder. He knew when they were going to arrive and when they were going to be picked up.

He also somehow knew that the families would not immediately consider foul play to be involved and that they would not begin a formal search for them immediately. He was familiar with their habits and their families' habits.

I have a few other ideas in mind but don't wish to convey them at this time.

Thanks. I actually agree with most of your reasons.

Ok, saw some questions so here are a few SnapChat basics:

PICTURE - You can take a "snap" which is a photo that you can send to people on your friends list and/or post it to your "snap story". The photo can be set to be viewable for 1 to 10 seconds. If you send it to individuals, you can select various people on your friends list and only they will get it. Once they open it and the 1-10 seconds expire, it's gone (there is a brief option to replay it once but it would just replay again one time for the 1-10 seconds that you had set it for). People will screenshot if it's something interesting or what have you and then it is saved on their device.

If you also (or only) post it to your story, it is viewable for 24 hours from the time you post it and can be re-watched as many times as someone wants but will expire after 24 hours. You can set your story settings so that anyone can view or only people on your friends list can view. You can go back later in the day and re-watch someone's story until it expires 24 hours from the time it was posted. You can also screenshot from someone's story.

VIDEO - For a snap video, you can record up to 10 seconds max. You have to hold your finger on the screen button to record (vs just tapping it to take a pic). Same thing applies here - you can send the video individually to selected friends and/or post it to your story for 24 hour viewing.

So let's say you take a pic of something that is funny to just one or a few of your friends/family - you would likely just send it to them individually bc you wouldn't want everyone to see it. If it's something that you want everyone to see, like a fun outing with your friend, you would likely post that to your story. MOO.

You can also use SnapChat to take a photo or a video and only save it to your device and not post it at all.

Hope this helps!

No i can't, iirc it was posted here, from an interview he did. I guess it can be discarded as fact. But in my opinion as a sheriff of that town he did not recognize the individual(suspect) on the bridge, as it seems that none of the other officers recognize him either in my opinion. Jmo

I think it's pretty obvious no one recognizes him.
Jmo

IMO, he will not do this again because I think the girls were targeted.

ETA: Never mind I overlooked the post above:) ***In your opinion what would be your theory as to why they might have been targeted? TIA

Who did they tell they were going there?
If someone dropped them off who did that person tell?
Did they call parents and ask if they could go if the parents were not home?
I have many questions.

We have no answers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members